Poll: Would you prefer this type of world revamp/update?

10+ Year Old Account

Would you be up for a World Revamp/Update with World events happening

For every player aswell, from level 1 to 70(80) scaled, so the same concept as the Soup and the Siege, but this time around it happens all over Azeroth.
    While the world gets updated it needs a solid reason for us to revisit it aswell, why not update it to look like the norm of todays expansions, have us all hyped with the new graphical update + content.

To make sure the revamp/update isn't for small part of the game, make the game all about the whole World. Best way to do it with WQ popping up all over the world but also with events happening at random locations, maybe once Goldshire, then Kharanos, durotar, everlook, etc.., having to defend it from assaults or doing special unique stuff like the soup? maybe farming.

Same concept i would suggest with a caravan going around place to place that sets up from town to town, like Darkmoon faire but then better made.

Would this spark a world update/revamp even more for you? And this shouldn't be just for the end game players, these kinda events should be available since level 1. Just scaled.

I don't think WoW needs new zones, we gotta have an updated world with todays standards and one solid storyline that is up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

5+ Year Old Account
    While I would love to see world events in e.g. GW2 style, I have little faith in Blizzard actually not #$&%ing the entire thing up. Time and time again, devs (and Ion in particular) have shown that they care first and foremost about raids, while also begrudgingly paying some attention to M+. Everything, and I really mean everything else is just an afterthought.

I can perfectly picture them doing for example a slightly amped up, but otherwise copy-paste version of the soup thing and selling it as a "world event" - needless to say, it would suck massive ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While I would love to see world events in e.g. GW2 style, I have little faith in Blizzard actually not #$&%ing the entire thing up. Time and time again, devs (and Ion in particular) have shown that they care first and foremost about raids, while also begrudgingly paying some attention to M+. Everything, and I really mean everything else is just an afterthought.

I can perfectly picture them doing for example a slightly amped up, but otherwise copy-paste version of the soup thing and selling it as a "world event" - needless to say, it would suck massive ass.
    While i could agree during BFA and SL, i disagree on the result on how good Dragonflight is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    While i could agree during BFA and SL, i disagree on the result on how good Dragonflight is for me personally.
    FTFY

I think the biggest problem with doing those events is you simply wouldn't have the players there required to do them. Soup/siege events are heavily populated. Specifically cause they're current expansion, rewarding and don't take a lot of time. Events would have to offer something amazing to encourage players to go out of there way to participate.

I mean, look at microholidays, I rarely see anyone doing them or even talking about them and they're fairly close to what you're asking for (events happening in old zones). If anything, I could see them revamping and adding to the micro holidays to create enjoyable/rewarding events (that should have portals/teleports to the events).

That's asking for a lot though.

What I could see is if WoW2 was the same timeline as our azeroth except within the alternate universe established by WoD. That could create a world revamp. Truthfully it wouldn't even have to be a WoW2. It could simply be some merging of the timelines (like comics lol) maybe specifically to save Nozdormu and part of that involves those alternate timeliness bleeding over into ours in interesting ways resulting in a revamp of sorts as everything is settled back into place.

10+ Year Old Account
    FTFY
    Seems to be quite widely accepted opinion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Source?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    I think the biggest problem with doing those events is you simply wouldn't have the players there required to do them. Soup/siege events are heavily populated. Specifically cause they're current expansion, rewarding and don't take a lot of time. Events would have to offer something amazing to encourage players to go out of there way to participate.

I mean, look at microholidays, I rarely see anyone doing them or even talking about them and they're fairly close to what you're asking for (events happening in old zones). If anything, I could see them revamping and adding to the micro holidays to create enjoyable/rewarding events (that should have portals/teleports to the events).

What I could see is if WoW2 was the same timeline as our azeroth except within the alternate universe established by WoD. That could create a world revamp. Truthfully it wouldn't even have to be a WoW2. It could simply be some merging of the timelines (like comics lol) maybe specifically to save Nozdormu and part of that involves those alternate timeliness bleeding over into ours in interesting ways resulting in a revamp of sorts as everything is settled back into place.
    Tbh WOW2 will never happen if WoW1 is still around, so either they try to make current WoW like 2.0 or we will never have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Source?
    In-game? opinions on most big youtubers who were always negative towards WoW and now telling how good the game is.
    Seeing still 40 servers on FULL on EU alone, seeing the game being just as popular as launch DF as it is today in terms of activity.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tbh WOW2 will never happen if WoW1 is still around, so either they try to make current WoW like 2.0 or we will never have it.

- - - Updated - - -

In-game? opinions on most big youtubers who were always negative towards WoW and now telling how good the game is.
    Seeing still 40 servers on FULL on EU alone, seeing the game being just as popular as launch DF as it is today in terms of activity.
    Since when are youtubers reliable advice for game quality? Man, I know you like to shill for the game, and that's OK... But c'mon, you can do better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when are youtubers reliable advice for game quality? Man, I know you like to shill for the game, and that's OK... But c'mon, you can do better than that.
    Seeing youtubers like preachers who have been negative about WOW since what? Cataclysm? and acknowledging Dragonflight sure shows the quality difference.
    Because you are hating on WoW does not mean everyone else is mate.

Soup, Siege and the Hunts are extremely pointless on rails events that just pretends to be content :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post

If they would make event for a revamp that would be max level events, so you would have enough people do them (initially), just like with the soup and siege.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing youtubers like preachers who have been negative about WOW since what? Cataclysm? and acknowledging Dragonflight sure shows the quality difference.
    I am not hating, I'm just doubting your sources - which in fact are nonexistent as far as reliability and accountability go. Just because you are shilling on WoW, it does not mean that everyone else should too, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not hating, I'm just doubting your sources - which in fact are nonexistent as far as reliability and accountability go. Just because you are shilling on WoW, it does not mean that everyone else should too, mate.
    Are you even playing the game? It seems quite positive around.

5+ Year Old Account
    Are you even playing the game? It seems quite positive around.
    I'd suggest this lil' piece of reading before going any further.

I am not hating, I'm just doubting your sources .
    Gimlix's sources are real, they're just shitty sources. Like...how Fox News would source something. Or someone who fails at University.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure if you cherry pick the people left who are happy with it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

World revamp is a pipe dream that will end badly.
    The team that does 4 zones for new expansions is not gonna revamp 30+ zones in 2 years. Let it go. It will end like Cataclysm or worse.
    It's best to have 4 new zones and a good content patch cadence like we are having now.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2023-02-27 at 02:49 AM.

Oh my god. You are smarter than this hopefully. Preach is happy that he doesn't have to play the game outside of raids and m+-es.
    Raids and dungeons were ALWAYS good in wow. ALWAYS. What's OUTSIDE of instances sucked hard since WoD. And it still sucks in Dragonflight.
    Also, preach has moved on from wow besides raiding with his friends. Wow was his first and main game. Now he is a variety streamer. He is not interested in outdoor content in wow for the most part, while he is in every other game. He happily derps around in FF, he happily derps around in Guild wars... The natural question is why would that be? You are smart, you can figure it out. Big spoiler click carefully: Because that is his job.

most of the youtubers are variety streamers now as well. Asmongold ditto. The only wow only youtuber there is is bellular. But... how to put this. He seemingly spends waaaay less time actually playing the game than creating "content" about it. He has become really disconnected from the ins and outs of the game. Which is really funny. Maybe it's because his team collects data and topics for him and he is just the news reporter, merely the face fo his channel now. Last time he happily concluded how fantastic dragonflight is, while the playerbase was annoyed because of exploits in professions, bugs, boring outdoor content etc. You never heard about these exploits and bugs in their videos. Ever. Why? oh... why?

Thirdly: Imagine a youtuber admitting they were wrong. Just imagine it. Unfathomable.

Crendor and nixxiom are actually the same in this regard: they hype up new expansions beyond excitement, play 1-2 months, then they fuck off to other games. But till that 1-2 months they are like OMG THIS IS THE BEST ERA OF MY LIFE. 2 months later: well, that was it, I'm off to do something else.
    Crendor is interesting because if you watch back his opinion about shadowlands he is like "I like Ardenweald, Bastion was interesting, I liked Maldraxxus more than I thought I would, it's fun, it's good, I'm having fun. I love the zones, I love everything". But if you watch some of his recent videos he is like "No way I'm going back to shadowlands", I hated every zones in Shadowlands". Soooooo yeaahh...

You just got to recognize patterns... Because there are patterns.
    Last edited by Lei; 2023-02-27 at 03:53 AM.

Are those "world events" of yours similar to these we have today? So inifite aoe grindfest? If yes, then count me out.

Count me out anyway to be honest. I wanna see new things, new zones and raids, not recycled stuff. I'm not gonna jerk over Elvynn Forest just because it has high rest trees now and you can spam aoe in Goldshire.