Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So far theres nothing indicating were the next xpac will be about. Atleast not from my perspective. maaaybe something about time travel again and returning to revamped EK/K (Huge hopium hah).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    So far theres nothing indicating were the next xpac will be about. Atleast not from my perspective. maaaybe something about time travel again and returning to revamped EK/K (Huge hopium hah).
    I remember a recent video of Bellular talking about a full new continent (the oh-so-anticipated "Other Side of Azeroth"), but it sounded too good to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I remember a recent video of Bellular talking about a full new continent (the oh-so-anticipated "Other Side of Azeroth"), but it sounded too good to be true.
    If Blizzard are real when they talked about "working on a more seamless game and plan years ahead with a cohesive world & story"(something like that), something like a revamp is required. They said something along those lines when DF launched. They had a new look on the game and wanted it in another direction.

Now, they could revamp the old world (EK/K). ooor.. they could "restart" the game for everyone with something brand new - like the other side of azeroth. Were everyone starts at level 1 and starts leveling in the zones. All new players together the veteran players, all level 1. They have already done level squishes, they will happen again. People were a bit upset when we got pushed down, but everyone forgot about it.

If theres anything retail can learn from classic, its world & level building.

But hey, realistically we are talking about a 11.0 with a new decently sized continent with 4-5 zones, were the atagonist is someone or something that goes mad at the end of DF.

We seem to bounce between cosmic/other realm and native Azeroth every other expansion.

So we're probably gonna deal with something off world, like space or some otherwordly plane/realm. Then the one after is back on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next expansion is more than likely Yrel/Light Army Invasion. New races Arakkoa and Ogres.

Hopefully something less boring
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Hopefully not the "muh evil Light crusade!" expansion but I can't think of any other outstanding subplots. But Shadowlands and Dragonflight were pulled out of thin air so hopefully Blizzard does the same thing.

I'd like to see a 'other side of azeroth' and an 'underground explorer'

imagine 1 or 2 above ground, and exploring mountain ranges, underground, twisting caverns, empty bottomless pits, and a

world revamp, not all zone like cata, just a few select ones but all cities and draenei and blood elf zone get redone
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Hopefully another fel vs light vs void expansion so we can see some fun enemies like demons and azshara once more.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hopefully not the "muh evil Light crusade!" expansion but I can't think of any other outstanding subplots. But Shadowlands and Dragonflight were pulled out of thin air so hopefully Blizzard does the same thing.
    I hope we don’t get an evil light expansion either.
    I think the whole “WhAt If GoOd ThInG Is BaD?!?!?1?!” Thing is cringe.

A void expansion would be neat and blizzard could easily make Ethereals a playable race. They’d save time on the facial animations at least lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not really. Blizzard was seeding Shadowlands way back in Legion, and the seeding for Dragonflight goes back at least as far as BFA.

Which brings us to a light invasion; Blizzard would have been seeding such an expansion in BFA also, alongside an additional hint that popped up during Shadowlands.

As for such an expansion, I think people are really shortchanging it. An adversarial army of the light would cause fissures within the factions, especially the Alliance, that could cause it to fracture and make the situation far worse. How would the Draenei react to such an invasion? What about Turalyon and Alleria? What about Anduin? What about the Void Elves and the Maghar Orcs? There's a lot to sift through and that can lead to a lot of interesting story arcs.

Also it's a pretty easy layup for potential new races; Arakkoa and Ogres, two highly requested new races which would fit right into such an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    isnt azeroth round so we already seen the other side?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Hopefully another fel vs light vs void expansion so we can see some fun enemies like demons and azshara once more.
    Boring enemies you mean. Isn't Azshara already hinted for DF tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I hope we don’t get an evil light expansion either.
    I think the whole “WhAt If GoOd ThInG Is BaD?!?!?1?!” Thing is cringe.

A void expansion would be neat and blizzard could easily make Ethereals a playable race. They’d save time on the facial animations at least lol.
    It would be fairly easy to write some Light users as zealots and others as more reasonable people opposing them, much like Dragonflight having dragons as the main enemies doesn't mean the message is "dragons bad". If Blizz writes the conflict well enough (which I know is a big if), it could cause interesting drama, moreso than Void monsters from space who are vile villains 99% of the time.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It would be fairly easy to write some Light users as zealots and others as more reasonable people opposing them, much like Dragonflight having dragons as the main enemies doesn't mean the message is "dragons bad". If Blizz writes the conflict well enough (which I know is a big if), it could cause interesting drama, moreso than Void monsters from space who are vile villains 99% of the time.
    Honestly there's a ton of good writing drama that can be done with the Light if taken to the Crusading Zealotry Extreme just by putting folks like Liadrin, Turalyon, and Anduin against that and having them grapple with the fact that the Light isn't that different from the Void. Both are powerful tools, but taken to their extreme they become equally universe-dominating.

But that would require good character writing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly there's a ton of good writing drama that can be done with the Light if taken to the Crusading Zealotry Extreme just by putting folks like Liadrin, Turalyon, and Anduin against that and having them grapple with the fact that the Light isn't that different from the Void. Both are powerful tools, but taken to their extreme they become equally universe-dominating.

But that would require good character writing.
    That'd be pretty awful character writing, since all three of those characters already understand that the light is just a powerful tool, but not the only one.

my two cents:

In next expansion there are no new raids in the traditional sense. Total world revamp. Dungeons still there though.

The "raids" are massive world quests only doable by raid parties of a certain size / item level. Progressively unlocked. Incentivization to get people to explore the new world.

With Dragonflying from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    my two cents:

In next expansion there are no new raids in the traditional sense. Total world revamp. Dungeons still there though.

The "raids" are massive world quests only doable by raid parties of a certain size / item level. Progressively unlocked. Incentivization to get people to explore the new world.

With Dragonflying from the start.
    Ill buy if you could justify why you would do a revamp?

I understand that back in Cataclysm, when the world was small enough and you would neutrally explore these areas.

Ask something nice - instead of just saying something random, that litteraly requires a new game(with questianable value).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2023-02-26 at 09:28 PM.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    There are still plot threads left unresolved that could be used for the void expansion.
    Xal’atath, Azshara & the Naga, the new 5th old god, the Shadowguard/void Ethereals like Shadreen.

Though not every raid needs to be void/old god related just like not every Legion raid was demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Ill buy if you could justify why you would do a revamp?

I understand that back in Cataclysm, when the world was small enough and you would neutrally explore these areas.

Ask something nice - instead of just saying something random, that litteraly requires a new game(with questianable value).
    I just thought it would be boring to re-explore areas we've all been through for these past years in Kalimdor/EK. Idc what the lore would be to justify the revamp (to an extent) just that it would make the "Raid World Quests" that much more interesting, but I could see it working without a revamp too

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    isnt azeroth round so we already seen the other side?

- - - Updated - - -

Boring enemies you mean. Isn't Azshara already hinted for DF tho.
    If you go to titan related places you can see azeroth's globe and both EK and Kalimdor are on one face only while the other side doesn't have anything.

If I remember well I think I saw in some book in-game (don't remember well, maybe I'm mistaken) that people did try to go to the other side but never came back. I don't know if they're going to use that as to "there's something there that the titans don't want us to see" or something like that.