Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Contain it some other way rather than igniting it and causing cancer causing smog for god knows how far a radius which can also turn into acid rain and effect water supply which can travel even further.

America seriously seems pretty third world
    You are the expert. What other way?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I never claimed to be an expert Mr forum detective I'll leave that to the politicians
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I never claimed to be an expert Mr forum detective I'll leave that to the politicians
    But you know there is a better way? Mind you. I'm not saying there isn't, but so far no real expert has come out and said otherwise have they? You would think if what you said was possible someone would have been in the news already blaming one side or the other for doing it wrong.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you know there is a better way? Mind you. I'm not saying there isn't, but so far no real expert has come out and said otherwise have they? You would think if what you said was possible someone would have been in the news already blaming one side or the other for doing it wrong.
    At this point in the disaster the railroad would have gone through nearly all their options to minimize the cost of the cleanup. Remember they're after profits after all and they're going to want to pay as little as possible to the populace of East Palestine. They don't have anyone else to blame but their own negligence in this.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That Trump visit just illustrates how easy it is to fool the masses. Now the discussion is which politician showed up to East Palestine for a photo op first, not how to hold large corporations accountable when they poison thousands of Americans.
    He didn't do shit but it shows how easy it is to do the bare minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    id like to see someone dig up the facebook history on some of these east palestine residents and see how many of them had racist comments to say during the flint water crisis

Why would that matter besides making some people move past their old ways, which is a good thing.

Life is more than than just always being on the right side of a opinion and dunking on those who weren't.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Amazing disgusting WP name an American town over something they deny exists in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Amazing disgusting WP name an American town over something they deny exists in the first place.
    2/10 try harder next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    2/10 try harder next time.
    Statistic belie your own denial

Americans are uniformly racist against Middle Eastern people. Especially when it doesn't suit their personal agenda.

10+ Year Old Account

Americans are uniformly racist against Middle Eastern people. Especially when it doesn't suit their personal agenda.
    Are you suggesting they named their own city after a place they vehemently disliked at the time? I guess that's an option, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

East Palestine was named that in 1875, before the modern incarnations of Israel or the Palestinian Authority were even a thing. You talk about other people's personal agenda, but there's little chance you weren't aware of that.

Emergency management training generally has counter-chemicals to absorb and/or neutralise hazardous materials. Of course, that is often more complicated in practice: X amount of pollutant is neutralised by Y amount of absorbent in chemical equations, but spills often necessitate removing and replacing the topsoil in the affected area.

I have great expectations of research into bioremediation using fungi or microbes, but that is the long-term plan.

5+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of that movie The Rock, everything is fixed if u blow it up, I mean "vaporize"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I have great expectations of research into bioremediation using fungi or microbes, but that is the long-term plan.
    no fungi! NO FUNGI!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Emergency management training generally has counter-chemicals to absorb and/or neutralise hazardous materials. Of course, that is often more complicated in practice: X amount of pollutant is neutralised by Y amount of absorbent in chemical equations, but spills often necessitate removing and replacing the topsoil in the affected area.

You mean like the company shipping the contaminated topsoil and water to Michigan and Texas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    no fungi! NO FUNGI!!!
    Looking forward to the reasoning against the use of fungi in bioremediation.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm... surprised, but I know I shouldn't be. Your EPA needs claws.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the top shows in in the US based on the game The Last Of Us, the world was fucked up by fungus.

Also, that's how you could get Orks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

John Oliver Roasts Fox News Hosts For Questioning Why Julia Roberts Wasn’t At Train Derailment Site Like Erin Brockovich

However, over on Fox News, Jesse Watters and Rachel Campos-Duffy asked why some personalities had not visited the site in East Palestine.

“Think about the environmental activists and corporate America, they weren’t there,” Campos-Duffy said on Fox & Friends Weekend.

Watters added that Brockovich was actually paying a visit to East Palestine with Campos-Duffy asking, “But where is Julia Roberts?”

Oliver’s reaction to the Fox News segment left him confused and asking what they were talking about before educating the television personalities on Roberts’s profession.

“You realize Julia Roberts is an actor, right? She was pretending, she’s not actually Erin Brockovich,” Oliver quipped.

He then added, “Also, I can’t believe I’m the one that has to break this to you… She didn’t actually ruin her best friend’s wedding (My Best Friend’s Wedding), she’s not a sex worker (Pretty Woman) and she did not die in a small Louisiana town in 1989 (Steel Magnolias). What the f*** is wrong with you?”

Oliver didn’t stop roasting conservative media personalities there. In the next segment, he showcased Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens, and Stephen Bannon upset that James O’Keefe was ousted from Project Veritas, an activist group that targets democrats, liberals and the media.

Bannon called O’Keefe a national treasure but Oliver disagreed adding, “The only national treasures in this country are Dolly Parton, Pedro Pascal and Cocaine Bear. And I’ll say what we’re all thinking – threesome, when?”

------

I went from shaking my head to chuckling on that last bit.

I prefer to listen to science in these matters, not pop culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to listen to science in these matters, not pop culture.
    Pfffft, science does nothing for people trying manufacture online clout.
    But let me tell you about conspirarcy theories, mixed with cultural greivances, served over a broken and unregulated social media!
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account

Right, but the issue was the contents were ready to explode (so they say) it wasn't so much as contain as preventing a worse situation. Since he made the comment.

Contain it some other way rather than igniting it and causing cancer causing smog for god
    Since @RobertoCarlos is such a expert I want to know what way was better to prevent an explosion.

Side note this isn't me defending the RR they should be held fully responsible for this accident.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm... surprised, but I know I shouldn't be. Your EPA needs claws.
    While I wish they had more they did stop shipments shortly after that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Watters added that Brockovich was actually paying a visit to East Palestine with Campos-Duffy asking, “But where is Julia Roberts?”
    I'm sure there's "It was just a joke!" already given as an excuse for that non-joke but like...this continues to support my theory that conservatives struggle to differentiate between fiction and reality and continues to explain a lot.