Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/datamin...331458?webhook

Prepare for a monsoon of Medivh themed casters!
    Admittedly, I feel remarkably cynical re: the prospects of the Medivh cosplay. Unless it comes with a full set beyond the cloak and hood, I highly doubt we'll get to actually have Medivh's iconic mantle and that the cloak will be no different in shape or style than the capes we've already had. I'll be quite overjoyed if it isn't the case, however, as we're long overdue for an over-the-shoulder mantle-type back item.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/datamin...331458?webhook

Prepare for a monsoon of Medivh themed casters!
    Dont want to burst the bubble, but lets stay real.

This is probably not going to be what medivh actually wears, think about legion mage recolor or something like that.

Everyone wants better cloaks and stuff, bur I dont think this is it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Admittedly, I feel remarkably cynical re: the prospects of the Medivh cosplay. Unless it comes with a full set beyond the cloak and hood, I highly doubt we'll get to actually have Medivh's iconic mantle and that the cloak will be no different in shape or style than the capes we've already had. I'll be quite overjoyed if it isn't the case, however, as we're long overdue for an over-the-shoulder mantle-type back item.
    I agree, that its probably not going to be what people want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeeee, nothing like fighting Odyn for the 3rd/4th time :v
    If its a choice between that and "Tyr bad" well yes of course.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If its a choice between that and "Tyr bad" well yes of course.
    And why do we have to have this choice in the first place? Enough with the keepers becoming our enemies.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Are we in for a shake-up of our "gods" themselves? Will it be "inhabitants of Azeroth vs. everyone else" in the end? Not sure where the current storyline will lead us.
    I would like it to play out like we don't need "gods" anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I would like it to play out like we don't need "gods" anymore.
    I rather not get rid of the keepers so no thanks and this whole "Its all about mortals" has been going on for awhile.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I rather not get rid of the keepers so no thanks and this whole "Its all about mortals" has been going on for awhile.
    Are the Keepers gods? I was assuming the other poster was talking about the absentee Titans themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I enjoy Dragonriding way more than I expected, it being removed in 11.0 is enough for me to unsubscribe.
    I can't go back, I WON'T go back! Old flying is terrible compared to dragonriding. I hate going anywhere outside the Dragon Isles now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    [ChatDingens writing a Doomsayer post]
    Isn't this word for word what Medivh said in WC3?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not sure it understood the context of the assignment
    I knew it's too soon to be afraid of Matrix/Terminator scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If Dragonriding wasn't a success, you'd have the forums and social media be in uproar about it, as with all things that the playerbase doesn't like.
    Instead, any post about Dragonriding has overtly positive responses.
    Back before Dragonflight and dragonriding, I was pretty harsh on the idea of changing flight. I remember getting into it with someone here about it.

I'm eating crow. I love dragonriding. I do think there's still space for regular flying, but I won't lie, whenever I mount up in old world areas, I do have a moment of disappointment hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I haven't noticed earlier in this thread, has there been much speculation about which villain's ghost we are going to shove unknowingly into Tyr's new body?
    I'm still wondering if Wrathion titanic power that he has absorb during Mist will play a role for this thread, the thread of which black dragon should inherit the aspect title or will it be a forgotten trait of his story.

I'm in a place where I don't really care how we end up there but want dragons that have been tainted by either titans or elements to be regarded as foes and primal ones be regarded as dangerous beasts that we shouldn't poke too much.

Just let Ysera be the only dragon in which we can place some trust and let's loose the the others. I like what they've been doing with Wrathion all these years and truly despised what they're doing with Alexstraza, Nozdormu and Kalecgos.

What will the Tyr body be a tool for is an interesting question but I'm dreading the answer. Will it be just another M.O.T.H.E.R? That would be a disaster. Will it be a powerful leader in a civil war amongst keepers? That could be interesting. Will it just be a Ra'den that would sacrifice himself through the expansion and give his powers to Koranos? Probably, I mean rock boy serves no purpose. Or will Koranos sacrifice himself to jumpstart Tyr's body? Probably as well, it would be a bit more interesting ngl.

Anyway, for now the expansion doesn't start on the greatest note story wise and worse lorewise.
    Last edited by Skildar; 2023-02-28 at 02:34 PM.

It would be cool if Tyr is kind of like Odyn in how he's ACTUALLY an order-focused robot demigod instead of the carebears that the Titans were portrayed as in Legion. However I doubt he'll be as much of a dick as Odyn, or if he is he'll be a very different kind of character.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I want is for Blizzard to take Pauldrons of Wild Magic ( Shaman tier 2 recolor) and make the whole set available with the red colour, with a modernized texture look to it. Add it to the trading post.

I've tried a few times to make a xmog around these shoulders, but it just ain't the same. They could even add red lighting to the shoulders and a red light to the head piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It would be cool if Tyr is kind of like Odyn in how he's ACTUALLY an order-focused robot demigod instead of the carebears that the Titans were portrayed as in Legion. However I doubt he'll be as much of a dick as Odyn, or if he is he'll be a very different kind of character.
    I would prefer not having an antaganistic Titan aligned character. I don't know why people are this determined to want to put the Titans as bad.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    People disliked WoD because the capital hubs were empty due to Garrisons (big problem in a MMORPG) and there was barely any content, as well as a lot of cut content (Faralhon, Shattrath raid, being able to place Garrisons everywhere, Karabor capital city, etc.) not because of the themes and aesthetics.

People actually praised WoD levelling as the best levelling they ever made (and they continue to do so in 2023, so it's not recency bias). People loved Karabor, that's why they were so disappointed when it wasn't the player hub. People found it very cool to see Outlands before it became Outlands. People were angry that the Shattrath raid was cut because they wanted more lore development for Yrel (who was hyped as the main Alliance protagonist of that expansion).

People liked the themes and aesthetics of WoD, it was an incredibly hyped expansion, they even put Gorehowl statue in Times Square.

People will not dislike an expansion about Yrel and the Lightbound based off of its aesthetics and themes.

And this is not historical revisionism. Even during WoD, people praised the questing and cinematics of the expansion. The problem people were complaining about were always Garrisons, the joke 6.1 patch, the story (characters like Yrel and Lady Liadrin having cut content, joke final boss), and the lack of content, NOT the themes and aesthetics of the expansion.

For instance, I think that WOD Shadowmoon Valley is one of the most beautiful zones they've ever made, and I wouldn't mind at all to revisit it decades into the future, under the control of Yrel and the Lightbound.

Beyond that, Draenor is the second most important planet in the Warcraft Cosmos. I don't think it's too unrealistic to expect a third expansion based on it. Furthermore, we know that the planet of Draenor is somehow dying, with its water resources running scarce, and so its zones might look different now from how they did in WoD.
    This is so true. WoD is still my favourite expansion from a theme standpoint. I do like Zuldazar more but the stories etc were really cool in WoD. SV was idd a marvelous zone, too bad everything underdeveloped besides that. I personally cant do much with DF too be honest. It doesnt fit, too much disney.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I can't go back, I WON'T go back! Old flying is terrible compared to dragonriding. I hate going anywhere outside the Dragon Isles now.
    Its funny, because I had the same feeling at first. Then after 2 days (durotar dueling) I got completely used to it again and it was so nice to just hang idle in air, no pressure. I know some kind of idle abillity is coming, but why not include it at shipping..

I still found many moments, were I had to sit idle on the ground waiting for things to get back up before I can take the skies. Especially if you farming, that part is realy unfun.

I mean how many times I missed a rare cus of this.

Love/hate relationship has been formed over past months honestly.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-02-28 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arai View Post
    This is so true. WoD is still my favourite expansion from a theme standpoint. I do like Zuldazar more but the stories etc were really cool in WoD. SV was idd a marvelous zone, too bad everything underdeveloped besides that. I personally cant do much with DF too be honest. It doesnt fit, too much disney.
    .....Too much disney....Wow's always been cartoonish and furthermore, wow's aesthetics aren't bad, it doesn't make them dated as much compared to photorealistic or something out of Unreal Engine.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-02-28 at 04:07 PM.

Warrior-Magi

.....Too much disney....Wow's always been cartoonish and furthermore, wow's aesthetics aren't bad, it doesn't make them dated as much compared to photorealistic or something out of Unreal Engine.
    There is a huge difference between something like WoD, Wotlk and DF. Im also not talking about colors. Also Tinkers are not gonna happen. We will get Warden as next class, thats also why we get the mog from the trading post. I also hope they ramp up endgame content by atleast 3x because atm the game is rather barebones with the usual boring M+ and 8 boss raid zzz. Feels like 100 person dev team rather than 1k.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And why do we have to have this choice in the first place? Enough with the keepers becoming our enemies.
    I agree.

Also, anything that makes us player special has kinda gone way out of hand for my taste.
    I rather not be Neo and act as some support role in the big picture, it's just easier with storytelling as well.