Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Finished the main story last night.

Overall, I feel like the game was at its best when it wasn't focusing on the main story. It wasn't bad by any means, but IMO basically all the relationship side-missions were more interesting and better.

Spoiler territory -

Natty's story still feels like it ended pretty weak. I get the message and all but it's kinda dumb and I'm confused about how serious curses and shit are since she basically recovers immediately. Poppy's story ended up solid, did enjoy overall, sad I never got to meet her Nan. Sebastian's overall story was fine, but holy shit fuck Sebastian I sent that fuckin loser to prison. I just wish I could hang out with Ominus more, he's way cooler with his magical echolocation and shit.

Main story was fine, went kinda where expected. I hope any DLC focuses a lot more on side stories with classmates. There were a ton introduced for a single mission or two and that's it. I'm still giggling at how effective just spamming the shit outta spells is, though. Sure you can do some proper setups and combos and whatnot but it's hilarious how much breathing room the game gives you to just spam shit and win, while still looking kinda cool.

I still have some side stuff to finish - they stupid keys, the demigorgen shit, and at least one side quest I haven't discovered. Will slowly work on that over time, for now it's time to take a bit of a break from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like combat the most in this game, but between exploring and reading quests there isnt very much of it. where can i find those arenas where i can fight continuously? are there any requirements or rewards? im lvl 14 atm
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Finished the main story last night.

Overall, I feel like the game was at its best when it wasn't focusing on the main story. It wasn't bad by any means, but IMO basically all the relationship side-missions were more interesting and better.

Spoiler territory -

Natty's story still feels like it ended pretty weak. I get the message and all but it's kinda dumb and I'm confused about how serious curses and shit are since she basically recovers immediately. Poppy's story ended up solid, did enjoy overall, sad I never got to meet her Nan. Sebastian's overall story was fine, but holy shit fuck Sebastian I sent that fuckin loser to prison. I just wish I could hang out with Ominus more, he's way cooler with his magical echolocation and shit.

Main story was fine, went kinda where expected. I hope any DLC focuses a lot more on side stories with classmates. There were a ton introduced for a single mission or two and that's it. I'm still giggling at how effective just spamming the shit outta spells is, though. Sure you can do some proper setups and combos and whatnot but it's hilarious how much breathing room the game gives you to just spam shit and win, while still looking kinda cool.

I still have some side stuff to finish - they stupid keys, the demigorgen shit, and at least one side quest I haven't discovered. Will slowly work on that over time, for now it's time to take a bit of a break from the game.
    As far as I understood it, basic "crucio" is only to cause pain, excruciating pain, but specifically not for killing, but for torture. In the quest where you have to use it on each other, whoever gets it cast on them basically gets right back up (low health, but no lasting harm), hurt and a little shaken, but nothing unfixable. Ominis has no lasting damage from his whole family using it on him as a kid and as they crucio muggles for family entertainment I guess those survive longer than one crucio too.

I did not send Sebastian to prison, because if you try and calm him down you can get him to be quite reasonable at times. And while I don't think his use of the Unforgivables was in any of the cases actually justified, I thought that him going as long as did being traumatized multiple times and his uncle bing the shithead that he is, he might actually recover and relent once he gets his head straight. Especially with the way he reacts later on to what you tell him and what's going on, he's right back to his old nicer self and even admits that he was wrong and he let everybody down.
    Who really made me furious right from the start was the uncle. Holy shit, what an ass. And the way he goes for you specifically at the end, instead of for the Inferi, without even knowing why you are there and what you are doing. Made one play through where I took care not to go for any kind of Dark Arts, tried to talk Sebastian down and sided with Ominis and even the uncle as much as I could and he still attacked me and only me in the end even though I took care to go for the Inferi only and not in any way attack him first.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Got to Hogsmeade and felt disappointed at:

1. the short walk over to Hogsmeade, instead of taking a train; and
    2. Hogsmeade itself felt kindof meh. Shops felt small, didn't really feel alive or like I envisioned it. It also didn't look much like the way it is depicted in the films or the Wizarding World theme park. They really could have made it amazing.

I know it's a VERY petty complaint. I haven't logged in since I got there. I'll probably be back but it really bugged me for some reason.

Hogwarts itself is fantastic though.

Are there trains later on in the game? The lack of them seems rather jarring.
    Take a train to Hogsmeade? Erm that’s never been a thing, even in the books the only way to the village was by foot or through a hidden passage. Besides Hogsmeade is supposed to be literally right next to the castle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Question. What exactly were the point of the mounts other than the broom? Just added flavor? A way to sell DLC? Because they served no gameplay function as far as I noticed.
    Mounts don’t have an energy bar, so they are more consistant though slower.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I did not send Sebastian to prison, because if you try and calm him down you can get him to be quite reasonable at times. And while I don't think his use of the Unforgivables was in any of the cases actually justified, I thought that him going as long as did being traumatized multiple times and his uncle bing the shithead that he is, he might actually recover and relent once he gets his head straight. Especially with the way he reacts later on to what you tell him and what's going on, he's right back to his old nicer self and even admits that he was wrong and he let everybody down.
    Who really made me furious right from the start was the uncle. Holy shit, what an ass. And the way he goes for you specifically at the end, instead of for the Inferi, without even knowing why you are there and what you are doing. Made one play through where I took care not to go for any kind of Dark Arts, tried to talk Sebastian down and sided with Ominis and even the uncle as much as I could and he still attacked me and only me in the end even though I took care to go for the Inferi only and not in any way attack him first.
    What made me furious about the Sebastian story is how we do not heal his sister, even knowing we can do it, just like the girl did, ffs, its not a problem do it once, heal the poor girl I need a dlc or a mod that let you do that

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What made me furious about the Sebastian story is how we do not heal his sister, even knowing we can do it, just like the girl did, ffs, its not a problem do it once, heal the poor girl I need a dlc or a mod that let you do that
    I tought we might be able to do that as well and even if not, they tried St. Mungo's and Nurse Blainey and then stopped looking? wtf. I mean, even Sharp is still looking for a cure for his own condition, takes a long time and he's moved on quite well with everything else in his life, but he doesn't stop looking, just because so far nothing has worked. I don't think wanting to keep looking is in itself bad. Looking to the Dark Arts may not be the way, and you'd need patience (which Sebastian lacks), but screaming because someone brings a shrivelfig sure wasn't improving the situation either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Take a train to Hogsmeade? Erm that’s never been a thing, even in the books the only way to the village was by foot or through a hidden passage. Besides Hogsmeade is supposed to be literally right next to the castle.
    I think they are confusing Hogsmeade with Diagon Alley. Maybe?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Could be I suppose, but even then, you don't take the train from Diagon Alley, but from King's Cross.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They mentioned the theme park so I wonder, is that how it is set up there? With the train leading into Hogsmeade? Maybe they just assumed that was canon.

They mentioned the theme park so I wonder, is that how it is set up there? With the train leading into Hogsmeade? Maybe they just assumed that was canon.
    Even the theme parks are not entirely setup that way. Diagon Ally is its own theme park area and beside it is the train station as if it was King's Cross station. Not really together but close for how theme parks are built. Similar but not exactly like the books.

Hogsmeade and Hogwarts are in the other park. Both being very close and within walking distance so, very similar to the books.

The two areas connected by the train ride but the train isn't in Diagon Ally and does drop you off at Hogsmeade.

All in all, I think they just got it confused because the game does a pretty good job of getting the setting right from the books.
    Last edited by quras; 2023-02-27 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play this game how I played Elden. Ring, 90% of my time aimless running in the field picking fights with whatever I see. Probably won't finish it like Elden Ring, not because I didn't sink hours into it but all attention goes to doing 'fun' stuff instead of finishing the game. I'm lvl 25 and just learned the disarming spell. Took out an entire goblin dungeon before I could I could barely brew potions...

The game is just a blast to play.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    they should get rid of the limited item space and just make it endless

- - - Updated - - -

What's the difference between Levioso and Wingardium Leviosa?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Former just makes things float (and breaks yellow shields). Latter lets you move the floating object around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Former just makes things float (and breaks yellow shields). Latter lets you move the floating object around.
    To add, Levioso can be used against enemies, Wingardium Leviosa cannot.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    they should get rid of the limited item space and just make it endless

- - - Updated - - -

Levioso makes an object just hover so you can say, float a box and then climb it while it is floating to climb up higher. In fact, there were a couple times I think the Dev's forgot this cause I used it to bypass a puzzle or two. Unless that was intentional.

Unless that was intentional.
    There are definitely a lot of spaces where there's an "intended" way for you to get to X or Y location, but you can get there in all other manner of ways. I'm more than sure they were aware of this and more than a few probably did that during testing. It's nice they didn't do anything to lock it off though, since a lot of times it feels like you found the "hidden" way to get past something even easier.

Plenty of ruins seem like they've got little traversal puzzles and shit that you can just completely bypass with the broom, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I feel like you didn't pay attention at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are definitely a lot of spaces where there's an "intended" way for you to get to X or Y location, but you can get there in all other manner of ways. I'm more than sure they were aware of this and more than a few probably did that during testing. It's nice they didn't do anything to lock it off though, since a lot of times it feels like you found the "hidden" way to get past something even easier.

Plenty of ruins seem like they've got little traversal puzzles and shit that you can just completely bypass with the broom, lol.
    That's the other that confused me, in particular with the ancient magic puzzles. So many times I couldn't tell if you were meant to not use the broom for those but there are also some that clearly feel like they would be impossible without it. If that is intentional, I can see the idea behind that, but for me it just me stop and question if I was playing the game wrong or something.

That's the other that confused me, in particular with the ancient magic puzzles. So many times I couldn't tell if you were meant to not use the broom for those but there are also some that clearly feel like they would be impossible without it. If that is intentional, I can see the idea behind that, but for me it just me stop and question if I was playing the game wrong or something.
    Those are all definitely completable without the broom, I did a handful specifically on foot to check. It's just so much easier to whip out the broom and get them usually. They do properly block off some things that require you to "solve" the puzzle to get inside a building or something so it's not like they couldn't.

IMO it's actually commendable. They let you continue doing things the "proper" way if you want, but also let some of the tools you unlock make things a lot easier than they otherwise would be as long as you engage your brain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I feel like you didn't pay attention at all.
    I know that you didn't pay enough attention after all.