Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sularis92 View Post
    Sir, if you do not have that bow, you are already missing out on like 50% more dps, this doesn't make you OP either, you are *already* losing without the bow. These buffs will (in comparison to your current disparity between someone with and someone without the bow) bring you considerably closer to being equal to people with said bow, and compensate them for losing the huge amount of damage from the bow nerf.

These are not buffs, these are literally tuning to compensate for what they are taking away in the same fucking sentence lol

- - - Updated - - -

Are you completely forgetting the fact that this bow was worth CONSIDERABLY less to a Marks hunter than a BM because BM is benefitting both from the pets as well as their own attack speed, and MM was literally only receiving the buff to their own attacks? This change will make the bow more equally beneficial to BOTH SPECS and these ability damage increases are literally to keep the damage generally where it was, minus the random windows of being ridiculously powerful from that bow. These are neither buffs nor nerfs, other than the bow change ITSELF and they are only nerfing the BOW, not the specs. They want damage numbers to stay generally how they were, but the bow itself was flat out overtuned and overpowered, if they only nerfed the bow then the class loses wayyyy more and it would feel REALLY bad and also significantly lower their rankings in the dps rankings.
    I’m not forgetting anything. People have literally crunched the numbers and showed that the changes to the bow and the damage modifiers make it a 15% overall buff to BM without the bow, and an almost 8% increase overall to those with it.
    Yes, the bow is considerably less for MM, but it still decreased cast time of AiS and SS, something that was reported but Blizz seems to be unaware of due to how they are compensating.
    So yes, the bow is getting nerfed, and the specs are being buffed. It’s literally a nerf to something and a buff to other things. As I stated in an earlier post, they are trying to keep them as close as possible to where they already are; however, with current tuning, which Blizz can change, it’s an overall buff to BM. I think the latest blue post also shows a 2-3% increase for MM as well.
    Pretty sure you came in late, saw my most recent post, and completely misunderstood what was being stated.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2023-02-28 at 12:14 AM.

Yeah thats what happened and I apologize, we were essentially saying almost the same thing, just in different ways. Take care.

All Specs:
    Serpent Sting damage increased by 25% Does not apply to PvP
    Death Chakram damage increased by 100% Does not apply to PvP

Beast Mastery Hunter:
    Kill Command damage + 25% Does not apply to PvP
    Barbed Shot damage + 25% Does not apply to PvP
    Stomp damage + 25% Does not apply to PvP
    Cobra Shot damage + 50% Does not apply to PvP

Marksmanship Hunter:
    Arcane Shot and Chimaera Shot damage + 25% Does not apply to PvP
    Multi-Shot damage + 15% Does not apply to PvP
    Fixed, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Yeah, it's like the people who choose to ignore every expansion from vanilla to legion when they cry about "borrowed power." As if there were no item sets in vanilla.

I have always hated Borrowed Power since Vanilla. Which is why I refuse to play the treadmill game acquiring set pieces, etc, just to have to do it again the next expansion. I just want to hit level cap in each expansion and get my gear in a deterministic way by killing bosses and collecting tokens then just buying whatever upgrades I need. Similar to how they do it in FFXIV. See I love and enjoy WoW But have always hated how they make you do the same fights week after week over and over again just to farm set pieces. I said no thank you. I do work IRL I get paid. I take the time to figure out these boss fights when they are relevant and I expect a piece of loot. However since it doesn't work that way I just run old content never anything new or relevant anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    I have always hated Borrowed Power since Vanilla. Which is why I refuse to play the treadmill game acquiring set pieces, etc, just to have to do it again the next expansion. I just want to hit level cap in each expansion and get my gear in a deterministic way by killing bosses and collecting tokens then just buying whatever upgrades I need. Similar to how they do it in FFXIV. See I love and enjoy WoW But have always hated how they make you do the same fights week after week over and over again just to farm set pieces. I said no thank you. I do work IRL I get paid. I take the time to figure out these boss fights when they are relevant and I expect a piece of loot. However since it doesn't work that way I just run old content never anything new or relevant anymore.
    You're certainly aware you can acquire your entire set piece by piece of your choice in an entirely deterministic manner? You can also have crafted gear for any slot that rivals or is better than Mythic raid drops? Did you know that you're guaranteed a piece of loot every week if you kill bosses?
    What are players doing in FFXIV once they are fully geared?
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2023-02-28 at 04:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sularis92 View Post
    Yeah thats what happened and I apologize, we were essentially saying almost the same thing, just in different ways. Take care.
    No worries. Take it easy

If Blizzard stopped making these weapons made for one class they could avoid this. But no they're going to buff them then nerf them 2 or 3 weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    You're certainly aware you can acquire your entire set piece by piece of your choice in an entirely deterministic manner? You can also have crafted gear for any slot that rivals or is better than Mythic raid drops? Did you know that you're guaranteed a piece of loot every week if you kill bosses?
    What are players doing in FFXIV once they are fully geared?
    Good question. In FFXIV once you gear up initially at level cap with fairly easily obtained tokens to purchase all your slots then you can do the harder versions of the raids I think they are called Savage. You get whatever max gear for your class then since all jobs can be taken by one character you just switch to another job and do it all over again. The quality of the gameplay and storylines are usually motivation enough to keep playing.

I love WoW don't get me wrong that's why I'm here and not there. But this convoluted gearing system only makes things more frustrating not more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Maybe. If, like me, you just never really noticed due to not paying attention, the bow would also reduce cast time on AiS and SS casts with each stack.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren’t nerfing Hunters though. They are buffing them to compensate the nerf for the bow.
    Overall, with the current tuning (subject to change), BM will see a roughly 15% overall buff without the bow, and a 5% buff for those with it.
    MM is a little different as most think Blizz has yet to realize that the bow also affects AiS and SS.
    oh.

did not know that the bow reduce that fukin long AimedShot cast time.

AimedShot is the reason i never touched this spec since after WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    As above the 30% applied to aimed and steady shots. Made squeezing in aimed on high movement fights a half second easier. I care about that much more than the dps loss/gain or whatever it ends up being.
    i did not know that the bow reduces cast time of AimedShot.

i totally can understand your stance here. AimedShot is soooo fukin slow. it makes the whole spec so clunky imo. i never played MM since after WoD just for that horrible slow AimedShot shit

such a slow cast may be ok, when on a 1min CD, or instant for 5 out of 6 AimedShots or so. but not that heavy in the rota. imo. i hate MM for this. (but i also never had the bow lol)
    Last edited by Niwes; 2023-03-04 at 05:46 PM.

Yeah takes a full half second of aimed which is great for high movement fights.