Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It did, her father literally could speak again and was better after it.

And that is because she was not able to contain it, if you are saying it keep on leaking forever thats your headcanon
    No, it's not. That's what is implied by the inferred end result of everyone she ever used the power on becoming emotionless zombies. You're assuming she used it multiple times and that's why they turned into emotionless zombies. If that's what you think that's your head canon because that's not shown anywhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    No, it's not. That's what is implied by the inferred end result of everyone she ever used the power on becoming emotionless zombies. You're assuming she used it multiple times and that's why they turned into emotionless zombies. If that's what you think that's your head canon because that's not shown anywhere.
    No, Syeg, is right that it "worked." But, he is wrong about the rest which is his head canon. The spell removed the pain, so it did what she intended. But, the game is clear that it's use removes more than just pain, but all emotion. Or at the very least weakens it. No where is it support that the continued use caused of the spell did anything more than have more of it to contain.

That's the point of the story. That Isidora used the magic without fully understanding what it did. That's why the Keepers made the trials, so whoever is the next person to have the power will understand the dangers and be prepared for them.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That's the point of the story. That Isidora used the magic without fully understanding what it did. That's why the Keepers made the trials, so whoever is the next person to have the power will understand the dangers and be prepared for them.
    I never did quite figure out how the "trial" portion worked into that. The memory bit yeah, but the "trial" bit felt like it played zero narrative role.

Which is fine and all, videogames, but just a bit awkward IMO.

I mean this is a thread about a game, spoilers should be expected no? Isn't the spoiler tag kinda redundant. Seeing entire pages here completely blacked out lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I never did quite figure out how the "trial" portion worked into that. The memory bit yeah, but the "trial" bit felt like it played zero narrative role.

Which is fine and all, videogames, but just a bit awkward IMO.
    But, they outright say why there are trials. It was to determine if the person was strong/skilled enough to protect the information.

But, that did feel more like a "We need to justify the gameplay narratively."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean this is a thread about a game, spoilers should be expected no? Isn't the spoiler tag kinda redundant. Seeing entire pages here completely blacked out lmao
    I do it because I rather not spoil something that is relatively new.

Also, the game is only out on PC, Xbox X/S, and PS5. It comes out next month on XBox One, and PS4, and it isn't out until July 25th for the Switch.

So, some people don't yet have access to the game.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Game's not even a month old (like 3 weeks), it takes folks some time to play through it. Especially for later stuff, using spoiler tags is a simple courtesy should anyone just starting the game come to the thread. Plus last-gen folks don't have it yet.

It's common courtesy...a lot of the comments made here have been mid-playthrough. Not everyone (myself included) has beaten the game yet but we still want to be able to share our thoughts in this thread.

No, Syeg, is right that it "worked." But, he is wrong about the rest which is his head canon. The spell removed the pain, so it did what she intended. But, the game is clear that it's use removes more than just pain, but all emotion. Or at the very least weakens it. No where is it support that the continued use caused of the spell did anything more than have more of it to contain.

I wasn't meaning to imply that it didn't work at removing the pain at all. Was meaning that using the spell at all is what made the patients into emotionless zombies. He's implying that using it multiple times is what did it, and there's nothing to support that, whereas the game heavily implies that using the spell at all is what causes the emotionless state to occur.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't meaning to imply that it didn't work at removing the pain at all. Was meaning that using the spell at all is what made the patients into emotionless zombies. He's implying that using it multiple times is what did it, and there's nothing to support that, whereas the game heavily implies that using the spell at all is what causes the emotionless state to occur.
    If you look at Syeg's history, you'll find that he will often argue his own head canon while calling others out for doing so.
    –The Sith Code

If you look at Syeg's history, you'll find that he will often argue his own head canon while calling others out for doing so.
    I'm aware, lol. Doesn't mean discussing the points he brings up is or can be any less entertaining or lead to further discussion, as evidenced by the dialogue going on about it now.

Reminds me a little bit of Kenn in the Star Citizen thread (or any other thread he participates in, really).

7+ Year Old Account
    She literally used in one of the guardians, and she did not turn into emotionless zombies, she also use din other students and they never mention they become emotionless zombies, again, everyone turning to emotionless zombies after one use is headcanon

That is not true. She used it on her father in front of the Keepers, they watched her do it and saw her father while there. And still San Bakar was surprised later when he returned to the house and saw the father in the zombie-state. So unless we think they watched her treat her father and then immediately rushed out the door without waiting to see what happens, we can safely say the father was not in a zombie-state after the first 'treatment', which the Keepers witnessed.

So from there, there's several possibilities.

One is that she didn't stop and wanted more of the power and just kept on taking emotions from her father. Judging by her journals she was clearly becoming addicted and quite delusional and told herself what she was doing was for the greater good.
    The other is, of course, that the zombie state is something that comes as a long-term effect. Like... you take the pain and the other emotions slowly start getting drained too (without further 'treatments' even taking place), leaving you in a zombie-state days or weeks after the initial treatment.

In my opinion the first scenario is more likely, because it fits better with the 'she hasn't stopped' worry the Keepers were going on about and the obvious shock San Bakar showed when he saw the father the second time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What do you mean by confed?
    If there's a fix that can be done on PC to remove the slow menu I'll gladly take it. I agree it's quite bad.
    I dont know, if there is one platform that would allow more settings it would PC since PC version allow (some)mods.
    Just meant that on my PS5 its atrocious. Wont play it untill the the developer patch the menues, if they do

- - - Updated - - -

There's two ways/buttons to access the menu, one from the map and one button accesses the menu directly.

Not sure which you're using, but I know trying to navigate them from the "map menu" is annoying because you can't do it quickly.
    Yea I know the option button way but it still require a stick movement and multiple button presses
    20 default inventory slot and a zillion button presses just to delete the item cos I dont have room, or to put it on.

STUPID STUPID menues. Having a book with folding pages isnt immersion. It's time gating in a micro essence.
    Wish devs understood that

Bought VR2 today to play GT7 with, already got a Logitech G923 so at least I wont miss Hogwarts the slightest
    Last edited by Bakis; 2023-03-02 at 12:58 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    She literally used in one of the guardians, and she did not turn into emotionless zombies, she also use din other students and they never mention they become emotionless zombies, again, everyone turning to emotionless zombies after one use is headcanon
    If you are talking about Isidora using it on Niamh, Niamh had stopped her from fulling completing the spell.

And there is no evidence that multiple uses on people caused the emotionless state or that constant casting cause it either ... that's literally your headcanon.

You cannot say someone else is wrong for using headcanon when you are using headcanon yourself. You can say you disagree, but they are not any more wrong than you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    That is not true. She used it on her father in front of the Keepers, they watched her do it and saw her father while there. And still San Bakar was surprised later when he returned to the house and saw the father in the zombie-state. So unless we think they watched her treat her father and then immediately rushed out the door without waiting to see what happens, we can safely say the father was not in a zombie-state after the first 'treatment', which the Keepers witnessed.

One is that she didn't stop and wanted more of the power and just kept on taking emotions from her father. Judging by her journals she was clearly becoming addicted and quite delusional and told herself what she was doing was for the greater good.
    The other is, of course, that the zombie state is something that comes as a long-term effect. Like... you take the pain and the other emotions slowly start getting drained too (without further 'treatments' even taking place), leaving you in a zombie-state days or weeks after the initial treatment.

In my opinion the first scenario is more likely, because it fits better with the 'she hasn't stopped' worry the Keepers were going on about and the obvious shock San Bakar showed when he saw the father the second time.
    The issue is we don't fully know if she ever cast the spell again on her father or anyone else.

So, it is either an impact of the spell down the line from the initial cast OR she repeatedly cast it on a target. The narrative does not state which.

And the "she hasn't stopped" can also mean she hasn't stopped taking pain from people in general, not anything more specific than that.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about Isidora using it on Niamh, Niamh had stopped her from fulling completing the spell.

And there is no evidence that multiple uses on people caused the emotionless state or that constant casting cause it either ... that's literally your headcanon.

You cannot say someone else is wrong for using headcanon when you are using headcanon yourself. You can say you disagree, but they are not any more wrong than you are.
    ->says something without evidence
    ->procced to accuse the other side of having no evidence

seems like no mather what plattaform or franchise you still remain with the same weak arguments trying to win a fake debate.

- - - Updated - - -

its OBVIOUS she didn't stopped, she literally had to get goblins to build something to keep all the magic stored because she kept getting it, she was addict and high on it, once she was not able to get from the father she started doing with the children.

The other option is too far fetched and didn't make sense in the context of the magic in the universe, plus, the game story is simple and straighforward

7+ Year Old Account
    ->says something without evidence
    ->procced to accuse the other side of having no evidence

seems like no mather what plattaform or franchise you still remain with the same weak arguments trying to win a fake debate.
    It isn't weak just because you can't actually address arguments against you without whining about "head canons."

As for Niamh interrupting Isidora which is the only statement I claimed "without evidence"; watch the damn scene. And compare it to when Isidora removes her father's pain. There are clear differences in how much is removed and Niamh bats Isidora's wand away.

I understand you need your hand held to get what things are shown to you, but most people can piece together information just fine.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-03-02 at 02:59 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yea I know the option button way but it still require a stick movement and multiple button presses
    20 default inventory slot and a zillion button presses just to delete the item cos I dont have room, or to put it on.

STUPID STUPID menues. Having a book with folding pages isnt immersion. It's time gating in a micro essence.
    Wish devs understood that

Bought VR2 today to play GT7 with, already got a Logitech G923 so at least I wont miss Hogwarts the slightest
    Seems like an incredibly nitpicky thing to put down and walk away from a game for. But you do you. I did find it more annoying than it needed to be, but not game breaking at all.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the on using headcanon, the game shows 2 things:

1) Something is leaking from the patients, from the "hole" left where the mass of emotions was removed. Rackham and the PC specifically call it out and discuss it. They're not talking about the mass itself they're talking about the hole the mass twas taken from and in the cutscene where you see her father get his emotions taken it ZOOMS IN on the wound showing there's something leaking from it.

2) It never shows her use the power on the same person twice.

I think you answered it. The game supports the second one, not the first one. I think it's clearly inferred that yes, she was addicted, but her journals explicitly say she used it on multiple people. Nowhere does it say or show she used it on the same person multiple times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like an incredibly nitpicky thing to put down and walk away from a game for. But you do you. I did find it more annoying than it needed to be, but not game breaking at all.
    I agree that using the menus to do one thing it is a small problem. But given every single menu actions suffer from that small issue just it just becomes a feedback loop of sluggish menu handling and less time spent gaming. Gear, see all quests and pick, check mail, bestiary whatnot, everything is hamstrung in the menues.
    Jees, that one cant chain back-button on console to speed up the page animations, or being able to hold down back-button (when in menue) to instantly skip back to the game would go a long way

But as I hinted before, I think the game is overall is good and that is a minority opinion, most will undoubtfully say great. To be honest I never liked Harry Potter stuff, knowing that I still believe I would enjoy the game to a large extent. Thats how solid the devs made the gameplay itself. Even I can spot that, so I will just wait untill I can play without constant menu-use pausing the immersion.
    Either way, enough said about that. Will hopefully pick it up in a month or two. Are enough games on the bucket list meanwhile

Edit:
    Hmm maybe pressing options button when already inside a submenu instantly close all? Would be great, will try later.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

7+ Year Old Account
    It isn't weak just because you can't actually address arguments against you without whining about "head canons."

As for Niamh interrupting Isidora which is the only statement I claimed "without evidence"; watch the damn scene. And compare it to when Isidora removes her father's pain. There are clear differences in how much is removed and Niamh bats Isidora's wand away.

I understand you need your hand held to get what things are shown to you, but most people can piece together information just fine.
    There is nothing to say that "the spell was interrupted" because it was not a spell per see, there is no wand gestures, there is no incantations, nothing.

You are talking about how much was removed, a completely different subject, that literally proves my point of the problem being how much you do it, you proved yourself wrong again.

Just got the loom and now exploring more of the map. Only about 16 hours in. I realize the beginning of this game keeps pulling you along by introducing mechanics and makes time fly by. Maybe later the pace will change, but this game grips you up front that's for sure. The honeymoon period for this game is a great experience.

Took me 3 weeks to get 16 hours in, but I'm playing other games too. Any timeline where I have gaming obligations is a good one, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-03-02 at 10:18 PM.