Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I guess the Southfury River in Orgrimmar ran dry or something.
    It was poisoned by the Goblins. That is the current lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Uh-huh....sounds like a horde problem. I suppose you'd best whine about them instead. But as I understand it, that was due to oil drilling. Which no longer exists...

Uh-huh....sounds like a horde problem. I suppose you'd best whine about them instead. But as I understand it, that was due to oil drilling. Which no longer exists...
    It exists until the writers say it doesn't. And that was not fixed yet. Blizzard usually sucks at world building but there are story beats who can't be ignored when the mere existence of an entie playable race is at stake because of the stupidity of their own leaders.

It exists until the writers say it doesn't. And that was not fixed yet.
    Orgrimmar Embassy

The Orgrimmar Embassy is a district in Orgrimmar that serves as a meeting point for the leadership of the Horde and as headquarters for many of its allied races. It was established after the fall of the Burning Legion in the Argus Campaign, and can be found west of the Valley of Strength, where the Goblin Slums were located, replacing the goblins' oil drilling operations.

------------

You're more troll than orc....

Orgrimmar Embassy

The Orgrimmar Embassy is a district in Orgrimmar that serves as a meeting point for the leadership of the Horde and as headquarters for many of its allied races. It was established after the fall of the Burning Legion in the Argus Campaign, and can be found west of the Valley of Strength, where the Goblin Slums were located, replacing the goblins' oil drilling operations.

------------

You're more troll than orc....
    That bas in Bfa. The Exploring Azeroth book comes from post Shadowlands.

That bas in Bfa. The Exploring Azeroth book comes from post Shadowlands.
    ...yeah, sure...if you say so.
    At this point you either want a job under a Garrosh wannabe for "Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda" or the ork branch of "Faux News."

Whichever job suits the liar best.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't poisoned when Thrall settled in the region. That problem was created by the Horde itself.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Guess who allowed them to destroy Azshara to build their industry? Your beloved Garrosh. Because he wanted war machines. Guess his outrage over the food and water situation of Orgrimmar wasn't so important after all.

We are coming to this junction again and again. The Horde's genocidal madmen are responsible for all the Horde's problems in every generation since it existed. It has been proven to you, again and again and again. You just do not want to accept it.

I don't know what you hope to achieve with these threads. It's not a discussion, since that would require the participants to base their arguments on a shared lore, which you are refusing to do. At best this is a pretty weak attempt at demagogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Guess who allowed them to destroy Azshara to build their industry? Your beloved Garrosh. Because he wanted war machines. Guess his outrage over the food and water situation of Orgrimmar wasn't so important after all.

We are coming to this junction again and again. The Horde's genocidal madmen are responsible for all the Horde's problems in every generation since it existed. It has been proven to you, again and again and again. You just do not want to accept it.

I don't know what you hope to achieve with these threads. It's not a discussion, since that would require the participants to base their arguments on a shared lore, which you are refusing to do. At best this is a pretty weak attempt at demagogy.
    So far it is a very good discussion I think. Since everyone stopped stating which Orc characters are the most badass we can talk abou the other shortcomings of the Orcs in total which totally exist. I am just citing what Blizzard gives us.

So far it is a very good discussion I think. Since everyone stopped stating which Orc characters are the most badass we can talk abou the other shortcomings of the Orcs in total which totally exist. I am just citing what Blizzard gives us.
    Then you just admit that your only reason to be here is to derail threads and rile people up with your Orc propaganda BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Then you just admit that your only reason to be here is to derail threads and rile people up with your Orc propaganda BS.
    How is it trolling to talk about Orcs in a topic designed to share your opinion on Orcs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about any one person's personal motivations, nor is borderline moderator discussion a permitted topic on its face. Let's get back to the subject of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I am off for now. See you again tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who has shared their opinion on Orcs so far. I look forward to more discussions.

Varodoc lets spice things up. I find completely badass the fact that AU Garrosh Hellscream regognised his people thirst for blood and converted willingly to the light and then fighting to convert the rest of the bloodthirsty Iron Horde.
    There was no AU Garrosh in WoD's timeline. Garrosh's mom died in the WoD timeline before MU Garrosh entered the scene, and she never gave Grom a son. While Grom later had a son, referred to simply as "Hellscream" in the Mag'har recruitment scenario, he could not have been Garrosh; he would have been a younger half-brother. As far as his willingness to join the Light, I was under the impression he was light-brainwashed, akin to what Xera was trying to Illidan, but I'm not 100% positive on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    There was no AU Garrosh in WoD's timeline. Garrosh's mom died in the WoD timeline before MU Garrosh entered the scene, and she never gave Grom a son. While Grom later had a son, referred to simply as "Hellscream" in the Mag'har recruitment scenario, he could not have been Garrosh; he would have been a younger half-brother. As far as his willingness to join the Light, I was under the impression he was light-brainwashed, akin to what Xera was trying to Illidan, but I'm not 100% positive on that one.
    Ok but how do you know Grom did not name him Garrosh just because he married another woman? The multiverse in Blizzard tend to keep the names as intact as possible. Also from the Maghar scenario they say that a lot of the Orcs converted willingly including Hellscream's son. The whole brainwashing thing is slightly hard to be believed as it comes from the former Iron Horde. Until now we have seen only one side and haven't heard the other.

For me it’s definitely Garona, Gul’dan and Rexxar. I mean two of these are only half orcs but that made them super interesting for me since I ever dipped into the Warcraft lore. And Gul’dan was one hell of a badass villain.

I only wish Garona was/will be more present and I also hope she gets a cool custom model that will actually reflect her non-orcish side. The female orc model doesn’t do her justice.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Ok but how do you know Grom did not name him Garrosh just because he married another woman? The multiverse in Blizzard tend to keep the names as intact as possible. Also from the Maghar scenario they say that a lot of the Orcs converted willingly including Hellscream's son. The whole brainwashing thing is slightly hard to be believed as it comes from the former Iron Horde. Until now we have seen only one side and haven't heard the other.
    He could've named him Garrosh, but he wouldn't be the same Garrosh as MU Garrosh simply by dint of being a different person, with different parents, in a different timeline with an entirely different set of circumstances as his life's context. Same for Thrall and Geya'rah, really - if Geya'rah had been named Go'el and been male instead of female, he'd still be completely different from the Thrall we know just due to the changed circumstances of his potential life. As AU Grom and the rest of the people only refer to AU Grom's kid as "Exarch Hellscream," I'd assume they're not named Garrosh. AU Grom's personal history with his MU "son" might also predispose him not to name a future kid Garrosh, as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If they already admit some of them converted to the light willingly why should they lie about the rest being brainwashed? Just because it comes from Orcs doesn't mean their word is not plausible. If you want Propaganda read the Sermon of the High Exarch.

Grom could have named him Garrosh, but as @Aucald points out, he already knew of a different son from a different universe named Garrosh, so that would be weird (though not completely unheard of: see Will and Billy Adama in Caprica). However, it would still be someone with a different mother, and thus different genes. While there's plenty to argue about in terms of nature vs nurture, most agree that nature plays some role in who we are, so it would be more akin to two orcs that share the same name, much like Anduin Wrynn and Anduin Lothar for humans, rather than two incarnations of the same person, as we've seen with Jaina, Baine, Tyrande, Sylvanas, etc.

Also, thanks for reminding me about the converting willingly part. I had completely forgotten that line from the scenario.

The whole brainwashing thing is slightly hard to be believed as it comes from the former Iron Horde. Until now we have seen only one side and haven't heard the other.
    Why, whatever is untrustworthy about a people who went genocidal lunatic army on one guy's word, then willingly and knowingly consorted with demons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/