View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin v3 View Post
    And in the meantime, renewed sectarian violence rears its ugly head in NI introducing a new generation to hatred, intolerance & retribution, undermining 25 years of peace under the GFA.

Just like we said it would.

But, but, but... meh sovereignty.
    I really wonder why the DUP wankers couldn't just move to Great Britain as they clearly don't want to be Irish.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, so that's where this came from.

Joke journalist with a joke article for a joke paper.
    I thought Brexit was going so great? That is what @dribbles keeps saying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I thought Brexit was going so great? That is what @dribbles keeps saying.
    Brexit is going beautifully thank you here in reality. Of course some silly people will blame Brexit if it's raining, some for their divorce and lost friends, many here have mocked Britain and blamed Brexit for a shortage of Tomatoes. But to put it into perspective looking to what is happening across the water in the EU, where we might be if we had remained, and to be thankful every day that Brexit happened...

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Brexit is going beautifully thank you here in reality. Of course some silly people will blame Brexit if it's raining, some for their divorce and lost friends, many here have mocked Britain and blamed Brexit for a shortage of Tomatoes. But to put it into perspective looking to what is happening across the water in the EU, where we might be if we had remained, and to be thankful every day that Brexit happened...

Funny, the most up to date list, shows the UK behind Germany since they don't have one for 2022 yet.

https://statisticstimes.com/economy/...pean%20economy.

So basically Brexiteers are down to, "Look at this bad thing happening somewhere in the EU. Clearly it's the fault of the EU and literally nothing else and we don't need to investigate this further."

Brexiteers are basically constantly this -

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh, but the ship is sinking and on fire
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Brexit is going beautifully thank you here in reality.
    Fucking. Lol.

You wouldn't know reality if it punched you in the face. The fact that you still (pretend) to believe that Brexit is going well is proof of that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    nah there is no appetite for that anymore beyond a few weirdos from shankill and bogside

rishi wrote the paper on freeports and now hes trying to turn NI into a giant freeport.

DUP will still be cunts, wouldn't count on them to stop fucking up Stormont, they wont be the majority ever again and are crying about it like the GOP in the US.
    Hope you're right. I'll take your word for it as you've got a better idea than most. Just not sure I share your optimism. I was listening to Colin Murray, James Nesbitt and Paddy Kielty on Radio 5 the other night, and it was all just really sad. Although it's unproven, the fuckers arrested for shooting Caldwell in front of his primary school-aged kids and their friends... some of them were late teens. Refreshing the circle of violence and all that. That was what Murray was banging on about. I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Was that on Peston? I didn't catch much of it, but what I saw made me want to deliver a short, sharp smack to his face.
    Was Newsnight:

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/sta...46813671702537

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I really wonder why the DUP wankers couldn't just move to Great Britain as they clearly don't want to be Irish.
    Bit more complicated than that, innit? Only solution is self-determination. But, as everyone predicted, Brexit has rendered the process less stable.

But, Brexiteers don't care. Steve Baker doesn't. Sarah Vine doesn't.

That's why they can take their self pity and fucking choke on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles
    If I weren't golfing in Thailand right now, where boys can still be boys and I assure you I'm far from impotent, I could link all the sources for you but head to facts4eu and educate yourself, they will have them for you. Too much Guardian is not good for you.
    the dark ages, those were probably the fault of Europe too

I genuinely hope people never let fucksticks like Baker, Vine and the rest forget how truly terrible they are for the rest of their lives.

Hope you're right. I'll take your word for it as you've got a better idea than most. Just not sure I share your optimism. I was listening to Colin Murray, James Nesbitt and Paddy Kielty on Radio 5 the other night, and it was all just really sad. Although it's unproven, the fuckers arrested for shooting Caldwell in front of his primary school-aged kids and their friends... some of them were late teens. Refreshing the circle of violence and all that. That was what Murray was banging on about. I dunno
    Its over drugs tho. Even RAAD are just dealers now.

Its over drugs tho. Even RAAD are just dealers now.
    OK, so the sectarian angle is either an excuse / or a minority viewpoint depending on your pov

I thought the whole point was that RAAD weren't dealers?!
    If I weren't golfing in Thailand right now, where boys can still be boys and I assure you I'm far from impotent, I could link all the sources for you but head to facts4eu and educate yourself, they will have them for you. Too much Guardian is not good for you.
    the dark ages, those were probably the fault of Europe too

OK, so the sectarian angle is either an excuse / or a minority viewpoint depending on your pov

I thought the whole point was that RAAD weren't dealers?!
    they kneecap rival dealers, everyone knows who the mr bigs are in ireland and where they live, never seen them dragged out in the street and shot.

All the militants went into drugs, just like the balkans/chechens/columbians etc

there has always been a low level militant violence (1-5 killings a month) and the only real no go zones are in NI (cops get firebombed when they go in).

Id be surprised if this wasn't to do with a drug investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Fucking. Lol.

You wouldn't know reality if it punched you in the face. The fact that you still (pretend) to believe that Brexit is going well is proof of that.
    I might have said it before, but i think Sunk Cost Falacy apply to Dribbles xD

veg isle is still fucking empty, no bananas either madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    veg isle is still fucking empty, no bananas either madness.
    Bananas to blame Brexit for no bananas.

The majority of our bananas sold in the UK and Ireland come from Costa Rica, Ecuador and Colombia.

https://www.tescoplc.com/sustainabil...nd%20Colombia.

But then some people blame Brexit if it rains in the UK...

But the good Brexit news keeps on coming as I read talks are progressing well for the UK to join the CPTPP today, who have a combined population of 500 million far in excess of the EU.

UK closing in on major Pacific trade deal after Sunak’s Brexit breakthrough

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-e...-deal-in-days/

Side effect of our membership of the CPTPP that noone talks about would be that it makes it impossible to rejoin the EU. Beautiful.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2023-03-02 at 09:43 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Bananas to blame Brexit for no bananas.

The majority of our bananas sold in the UK and Ireland come from Costa Rica, Ecuador and Colombia.

https://www.tescoplc.com/sustainabil...nd%20Colombia.

But then some people blame Brexit if it rains in the UK...
    Okay dribbles, then educate us if this notion is bananas. If the shortage of fruit and veg in the UK is not linked in some way to Brexit, why is it that there are no similar shortages in the EU?

If it isn't the Brexit that our Brexiteer leaders gave us, then how else have our Brexiteer leaders failed us to cause this issue that isn't impacting the rest of the EU.

I'd just like to know what specifically the Brexiteers running the country have (or have not) done to cause this problem. You seem to be adamant that it's nothing to do with Brexit, you can't have that degree of certainty without a solid understanding of the real causes.

Please, let us know.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Okay dribbles, then educate us if this notion is bananas. If the shortage of fruit and veg in the UK is not linked in some way to Brexit, why is it that there are no similar shortages in the EU?
    Here in the US I went to my local grocery store and it was packed with bananas. So if there is a shortage, that's news to me!

trade with eu - 500billion
    trad with cptpp - 28 billion

another big W for the brexiteers woohoo. Now we have to accept their rules on IP law and food standards. Rule takers from China oof.

7+ Year Old Account

If it isn't the Brexit that our Brexiteer leaders gave us, then how else have our Brexiteer leaders failed us to cause this issue that isn't impacting the rest of the EU.

I'd just like to know what specifically the Brexiteers running the country have (or have not) done to cause this problem. You seem to be adamant that it's nothing to do with Brexit, you can't have that degree of certainty without a solid understanding of the real causes.

Please, let us know.
    Always happy to help Huey in disbarring global problems in their connection to Brexit.

From the end of summer 2022, the shortage of fruit made itself felt on the European banana market. Due to poor climate conditions (cold, rains, lack of sunshine), as well as a lack of fertilisation directly linked to increasing input costs, the dollar origins supply was well below average.

https://www.fruitrop.com/en/Articles...low%20average.

A European wide problem see, nothing to do with Brexit. Unless of course you blame poor climate conditions on Brexit, which wouldn't surprise me.

Always happy to help Huey in disbarring global problems in their connection to Brexit.

From the end of summer 2022, the shortage of fruit made itself felt on the European banana market. Due to poor climate conditions (cold, rains, lack of sunshine), as well as a lack of fertilisation directly linked to increasing input costs, the dollar origins supply was well below average.

https://www.fruitrop.com/en/Articles...low%20average.

A European wide problem see, nothing to do with Brexit. Unless of course you blame poor climate conditions on Brexit, which wouldn't surprise me.
    Nah Brexit already caused plenty of real issues that it doesn't need your imaginary straw man ones.