Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave some copium for the rest of us.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I honestly can't fathom their reasoning. No one wins here.
    I think they're gambling that enough people will still spend money on her for the waifu factor, even if she's unfathomably awful. And it's a character they believe they can afford to gamble with, since their Chinese playebase probably won't burn down their offices over her, for reasons discussed in the past page or two.

I hate to say it, but they're probably going to get away with it. Dehya might not break the bank, but she's still going to make them money. And even if she doesn't, they can just move onto the next Raiden Shogun or Nahida that will, without any further repercussions.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I think they're gambling that enough people will still spend money on her for the waifu factor, even if she's unfathomably awful. And it's a character they believe they can afford to gamble with, since their Chinese playebase probably won't burn down their offices over her, for reasons discussed in the past page or two.

I hate to say it, but they're probably going to get away with it. Dehya might not break the bank, but she's still going to make them money. And even if she doesn't, they can just move onto the next Raiden Shogun or Nahida that will, without any further repercussions.
    Well they made 0 money from me

I kinda hope they dont ruin that catgirl geo from inazuma that is been talking in leaks.
    Fanart based on leaks:

She will be in Genshin Impact 3.7
    She comes from Inazuma
    She has a connection to the Asase Shrine
    The blonde character shown above resembles the Geo Neko
    Don't sweat the details!!!

so I did several tests with my Dehya, my favorite team is Dehya, Mona, Kazuha, Bennet with C6 active
    here are 1 with a quite failed rotation, and another with everything much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfWB-Um8L-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6bY_WN3RU

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post

They deserve to get absolutely shat on for releasing her like this. I didn't even care for her during story quests, but it's a matter of principle. Most of the characters they released were at least solid in design, even if there was confusion about the details of parts of their kit (like Ei burst) or they were just underestimated (like Zhongli who wasn't bad at release and got massively overbuffed, or Kokomi). Dehya shouldn't ever have left alpha in this state, much less be released.

If they don't get shat on and if people don't boycott her, it creates a precedent for releasing garbage, half-assed characters. Dropping some wishes is one thing, but actually spending money on her is a massive no-no, and I'm not usually one to look people in their wallets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    so I did several tests with my Dehya, my favorite team is Dehya, Mona, Kazuha, Bennet with C6 active
    here are 1 with a quite failed rotation, and another with everything much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfWB-Um8L-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6bY_WN3RU
    Is painful to try and do the second rotation and have zero energy for next Dehya burst (>_<)''

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Is painful to try and do the second rotation and have zero energy for next Dehya burst (>_<)''
    I redid the same boss with my "best" team zhongli, yoimiya, raiden, xingqiu and I wanted to show him how my raiden doesn't have good enough artefacts (with the catch, couldn't grab her weapon yet, maybe next rerun?) and I went shield with zhong, then burst with zhong, yoimiya, XQ + his skill twice, then raiden burst (forgot to use her skill first, my bad) and yet even if she's CO, with a recharge sand piece, she got the health of the boss to the same point as dehya

so yeah, I have better stats on dehya, but I know raiden rotations better (even if like I said, I got a part wrong here with the skill that charge some power up for her burst) and she need better artefacts (now enough CR/CD or even atk% but the dungeon doesn't want to give me what I need )

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    If they don't get shat on and if people don't boycott her, it creates a precedent for releasing garbage, half-assed characters. Dropping some wishes is one thing, but actually spending money on her is a massive no-no, and I'm not usually one to look people in their wallets.
    I know it's only been a day, but I have yet to see the same level of furor over her problems that, say, Zhongli or Ei had upon their release. Just grumbling here and there, like on this site. She's not a character of archon-level importance and she's not the kind of waifu or husbando most weebs usually simp for, so most people simply don't care. And even if Western players start to rage, it's not going to make a difference unless the Chinese playerbase also starts demanding refunds and/or tossing out death threats. That's the level of outrage that would be needed for Hoyo to give Dehya so much as a second glance, and I just don't see that happening.

I apologize for huffing whatever the opposite of copium is over here; I am actually trying my best to make her work because I do genuinely adore her as a character and have been waiting for a more "badass" waifu to come out for a long time now, but just based on Hoyo's past history, I know it's like pulling teeth to get them to even admit that they fucked up, much less do anything about it.

They sent Dehya out to die, they don't care that they did, they know most players aren't going to care, they expect us to shut up and prepare our primogems and wallets for the next character.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

They deserve to get absolutely shat on for releasing her like this. I didn't even care for her during story quests, but it's a matter of principle. Most of the characters they released were at least solid in design, even if there was confusion about the details of parts of their kit (like Ei burst) or they were just underestimated (like Zhongli who wasn't bad at release and got massively overbuffed, or Kokomi). Dehya shouldn't ever have left alpha in this state, much less be released.

I agree with 99% of what you said except for zhongli who was absolutely shit on release. All he did was shield. His ulti was (and still is) a dps loss and his pillars did (and still do) crap damage. The only thing he has going on for him is the shred alongside the good shield but a good shield alone would not justify bringing him over Diona or other shielders with better elements and additional utility. His shield is far better than them sure but currently theres no content in the game were bringing such a strong shield would be needed granted it does not provide any additional benefits. Can you imagine how he d fare now if he was left as he was on release?
    Last edited by Delever; 2023-03-02 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I agree with 99% of what you said except for zhongli who was absolutely shit on release. All he did was shield. His ulti was (and still is) a dps loss and his pillars did (and still do) crap damage. The only thing he has going on for him is the shred alongside the good shield but a good shield alone would not justify bringing him over Diona or other shielders with better elements and additional utility. His shield is far better than them sure but currently theres no content in the game were bringing such a strong shield would be needed granted it does not provide any additional benefits. Can you imagine how he d fare now if he was left as he was on release?
    I don't think that 20% shred makes the difference between being an absolute meta golem and being completely obsolete, as you make it sound. That shield is indeed the reason why he's brought, no other shielder comes remotely close to the amount he shields and Abyss by all means does have enemies that can break through any other shield easily. Such a strong shield isn't needed, but it does save you from having to lose DPS and potentially messing up rotations on dodging - which in itself is a bigger DPS buff than 20% shred.

So maybe if he didn't have that shred he wouldn't be an automatic choice for EVERY comp that has a flexible healer/shielder slot, but he would still probably be the best choice for most of these teams, meaning he would pretty much be in the exact same spot he is now. He'd just be a bit more in line with other characters who fill the same role.

I got Zhongli as I started the game as I started on his banner.

And it took me awhile to appreciate him because me being new, i didnt have all the attack power to blow through stuff and actually needed heals and didnt understand his appeal.

But once you get to a certain damage level, his shield from pillar is just insane because of the cooldown is short and fits into most rotations, so you ultimately end up with a buffed up shield that soaks near 100% of damage with decent uptime on refreshing it, plus the shred aspect on top of that but best of all you dont constantly get interrupted and can just focus on pure damage rotations without the timely interrupt/fall down animations
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2023-03-03 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that 20% shred makes the difference between being an absolute meta golem and being completely obsolete, as you make it sound. That shield is indeed the reason why he's brought, no other shielder comes remotely close to the amount he shields and Abyss by all means does have enemies that can break through any other shield easily. Such a strong shield isn't needed, but it does save you from having to lose DPS and potentially messing up rotations on dodging - which in itself is a bigger DPS buff than 20% shred.

So maybe if he didn't have that shred he wouldn't be an automatic choice for EVERY comp that has a flexible healer/shielder slot, but he would still probably be the best choice for most of these teams, meaning he would pretty much be in the exact same spot he is now. He'd just be a bit more in line with other characters who fill the same role.
    I have Zhongli as shieldbot and he deals less damage than Dehya for sure lol. 20% shred is barely noticable. You cant realy stand still and tank damage from dogs tho as only way to avoid their damage is dodge. Zhongli exists for dps characters that they cant get interupted as they lose a lot of damage if they do (like Hu tao).

Dot dot spam teams dont realy need him tho.

Anyway:

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my third aquila favonia from the standard banner...
    I only have Diluc and Qiqi from standard, nobody else, and only AF and Wolf Gravestone

I really should get Dehya while shes on a banner cuz I'll never get her otherwise, standard banner is shit.
    /s

Won Dehya as the 4th 5*star character in a row without losing the 50/50 as a complete 100% f2p not even 1 cent given

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Got my third aquila favonia from the standard banner...
    I only have Diluc and Qiqi from standard, nobody else, and only AF and Wolf Gravestone

I really should get Dehya while shes on a banner cuz I'll never get her otherwise, standard banner is shit.
    Aquila memonia is the Qiqi of weapons, totally useless as there's no a single physical sword user in game
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Nzembwamugumbwalchu View Post
    Won Dehya as the 4th 5*star character in a row without losing the 50/50 as a complete 100% f2p not even 1 cent given
    Dehya was the first 50/50 I won after losing the past 5 in a row, glad that curse finally got broken

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I have Zhongli as shieldbot and he deals less damage than Dehya for sure lol. 20% shred is barely noticable. You cant realy stand still and tank damage from dogs tho as only way to avoid their damage is dodge. Zhongli exists for dps characters that they cant get interupted as they lose a lot of damage if they do (like Hu tao).

Dot dot spam teams dont realy need him tho.

Anyway:
    Kind reminder of the cope we have to read here. 20% universal spread being active 100% of the time off field is barely noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind reminder of the cope we have to read here. 20% universal spread being active 100% of the time off field is barely noticeable.
    You gota stand close to enemy for it to work Usless on range units.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Aquila memonia is the Qiqi of weapons, totally useless as there's no a single physical sword user in game
    Qiqi is a physical sword user, duh.

Bro deyha almost as good as zongli

Should check the math, I bet zongli shred might be more dps increase then replacing him with deyha in a ganyu melt or hu tao vape lmao.