Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Two problems on top of my mind.

1. Armor on the races - that barely stands up straight. That means that they would remodel every item, in order to avoid clipping.
    2. Body type 1/2, male/female? Do you put a bikini on a tortollan - how do you make it distinctive?

Technically - it's easier to come up with a complete new race.

Out of those you mentioned, only Vrykul and Gilgoblin would be realistically easy to implement(Vrykul already with both body types ingame and Gilgoblin basicly are goblins).

Blizzards concern isn't creativity - but the logic of implementation(also from the lore perspective). People should focus on that, instead of listing every race ingame.
    Body type 2 seem to be the largest hurdle but if creating an all new race you'd have at least that much work to begin with...

As for implementation issues... some of these already use playable race rigging therefore armor adjustments are mute:
    Jinyu use the male Night Elf rigging, Saberon use the male Worgen rigging
    Furbolg and Gnolls were were just reworked in DF
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    These are groups with a defined objective/common interests not nations and people.
    the point still stands as not all humans hate orcs

the ship has sailed for blood elves in the horde; it can do so again with alteraci humans
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Murlocs of course

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Not really an allied race, but I'd like to see red Draenei. I'd like to play a red Draenei Warlock or Demon Hunter.

Quillboars

Alliance:
    -Arrakoa
    -Jinyu
    -Furbolg

Horde:
    -Mok'nathal
    -Hozen
    -Quilboar
    -Taunka

Tossing in core race of Naga for Alliance and Ogres for Horde, which should have been added years ago at this point.

So much stuff people want just does not make sense even as an allied race, or require massive design updates to make playable, or even serve to compound issues particular factions already have. We do not need more humans. We have enough. Vrykul get added it's just a taller buffer human, when they could just attach the aesthetics to KTs - and that's how they should have been out the gate.

Also, we already have the potential vampire race with Void Elves. Their hairstyles are directly pulled from them, The void is vampiric in nature and described as such dozens of times over, and they have literal Darkfallen skins, so no, we don't need yet another one. Just expand on that. Poor race needs to actually get some story and play with it's themes. Less of the same thing over and over, and more expand the niches of what's already there.

I have this fantasy that the next Allied Race will be "Actual Dragons":
    • you pick your flight which determines the color of the normal drake you will turn into in Travel Form only. All mount rules apply to this form (not inside, not during combat, etc). Maybe use Dragonflight mount customizations, but you cannot change your color one your character is created.
    • you pick any clasic non-allied race on your faction for your visage form. No horns, scales, or anything dracthyr-visage related because it's too much work for an allied race

class choices are:
    • Evoker - any flight
    • Hunter - any flight
    • Warrior - any flight
    • Mage - blue only
    • Priest - red only
    • Shaman - black only
    • Druid - green only
    • Paladin - bronze only

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    Body type 2 seem to be the largest hurdle but if creating an all new race you'd have at least that much work to begin with...

As for implementation issues... some of these already use playable race rigging therefore armor adjustments are mute:
    Jinyu use the male Night Elf rigging, Saberon use the male Worgen rigging
    Furbolg and Gnolls were were just reworked in DF
    Kul Tirans are 100% adaptable into passable playable Ogres. Although I would rather see ogres as a new full race, with starting zone and such, than just an allied race.

It's the last classice horde race. We HAVE to get it at some point.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    More Dwarves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what I want to see, but one thing I don't want is yet another furry/scaly/midget joke allied race.

Which of course leaves us with yet another motherfucking elf or human, but hey maybe Blizzard can "borrow" some ideas from D&D and shit and intro some unique model half-elf, because we already bloody have those in canon (Arathor, for one).

TLDR: Half Elf

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I don't know what I want to see, but one thing I don't want is yet another furry/scaly/midget joke allied race.

Which of course leaves us with yet another motherfucking elf or human, but hey maybe Blizzard can "borrow" some ideas from D&D and shit and intro some unique model half-elf, because we already bloody have those in canon (Arathor, for one).

TLDR: Half Elf
    You said it yourself.. another f ing time they use the elf model.. again. I couldnt believe they used it again on the dracthyr..

Humans seems like a better candidate overral( feels more fresh) we also have the thin humans and vrykul which are way more unique and also unplayable and highly requested. No need to borrow stuff, wow has enough races to go through.

Another elf is the last fing thing we need honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lMassacre View Post
    vrykul waiting for this.
    100%
    /10chars
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-03-02 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So...add races to a point where factions aren't recognizable...
    Factions stopped being recognisable as distinct entities a while ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You said it yourself.. another f ing time they use the elf model.. again. I couldnt believe they used it again on the dracthyr..

Humans seems like a better candidate overral( feels more fresh) we also have the thin humans and vrykul which are way more unique and also unplayable and highly requested. No need to borrow stuff, wow has enough races to go through.

Another elf is the last fing thing we need honestly.
    I literally even underscored the bloody thing, guess I needed to do it in all caps and color - UNIQUE MODEL

Here's my line of thought - humans are as bland as they get and their base model sucks donkey balls, while elves, as you have noted, are overdone.

With Half-Elf, Blizzard could have an opportunity to make some sort unique midway model combining the "baseline normalcy" of Human model with smugness and refinement of Elf one to create some sort of mix more down to Earth Elf-ish model that does not tilt its head as if its neck was broken or have a broken spine posture, while not being as bland as Human one.

Hence - half-elf, unique model.

And don't tell me unique model is some sort no go for new allied race - it can still be done, Blizzard would still save a ton by not having to do extensive starting area/in-game content support for it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Says the person asking for really tall humans

SO we can have

Really tall human (vrykul)
    Tall human (kul tiran)
    Average human (human)
    Furry human (worgen)
    Short human (dwarves)
    Really short human (gnomes)

Hard to have a complaint about more of the same when you're asking for more of the same yourself...alliance could use something more than just more pink skins
    What are you talking about, all race you listed have their own unqiue model?? The only fair complaint would be the use of human model on worgen.. but they still have the unique worgen form.

Meanwhile looking at elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the Alliance got Blood Elves so it's only right the Horde gets living humans in return
    that argument surely cannot be made, , in blood leves the horde got high elves, surley the argument is to give the allinace a horde race in return, not to give the horde more alliance races like nightborne - so far both high elves and night elves have been given to the horde, but hte allinace hasn't ever gotten a horde based race.

So i say Mok'nathal should join the alliance., should have gotten Zandalari or something, but i guess they just gave blood elves back. Xenophobic racist alliance types would not have been happy with anything else.

Undead and night elves really shoudl have bene their own faction, and TBC should have introduced a new faction, not just 2 new races.

Illidari - Naga, blood elves, Draenei (broken) and Mok'nathal to kick off. Eredar (instead of Draenei), Illidari (night elves only) would come later [and probably mean the DH class would never come or end up being a melee spec for locks or fel melee themed spec for hunters]
    Undead - kicked off with Undead humans, undead orcs (version of pale orcs), Ghouls and Vampires. Dark fallen elves and Blood trolls to follow
    Night elves - kicked off with Night elves, Nightborne (as highborne), Cenarians and Worgen later to get void elves and Pandaren

Alliance: would have had high elves in stead of night elves to kick off then likely added Half elf/Gineans/Wildhammer/Kul'tirans or even Dark Irons and Mechagnomes
    Horde: would have gotten goblins instead of undead and eventually Ogres and Gron

Note, in this way, we would never have the current blood elf model people are so fond off, that only exists because blood elves went horde and they wanted them to look very different and better than night elves because they were newer and were to attract players. If high elves had been an original race, they'd have looked like the classic model of high elves (and blood elves( we see if you play classic).

I don't think they would have tried that hard wtih the blood elf model even if the Illidari were introduced as a new faction, nor would the Dreanei (now Eredar) , be as well done as we got them.
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-03-02 at 03:56 PM.

Tuskar, obviously. But that's not flamboyant enough for nu-blizzard

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I literally even underscored the bloody thing, guess I needed to do it in all caps and color - UNIQUE MODEL

Here's my line of thought - humans are as bland as they get and their base model sucks donkey balls, while elves, as you have noted, are overdone.

With Half-Elf, Blizzard could have an opportunity to make some sort unique midway model combining the "baseline normalcy" of Human model with smugness and refinement of Elf one to create some sort of mix more down to Earth Elf-ish model that does not tilt its head as if its neck was broken or have a broken spine posture, while not being as bland as Human one.

Hence - half-elf, unique model.

And don't tell me unique model is some sort no go for new allied race - it can still be done, Blizzard would still save a ton by not having to do extensive starting area/in-game content support for it.
    You dont, but I hope you understand a half elf/crossbreed is a hard sell. You want a perfect fusion and best of both races.. sure I understand.. its just.. no offence, but a stupid idea. Its just gonna be another version of an elf in the end.

And again, there are still enough highly requested races who deserve some spotlight. The dracthyr were already out of the blue no one asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You dont, but I hope you understand a half elf/crossbreed is a hard sell. You want a perfect fusion and best of both races.. sure I understand.. its just.. no offence, but a stupid idea. Its just gonna be another version of an elf in the end.

And again, there are still enough highly requested races who deserve some spotlight. The dracthyr were already out of the blue no one asked for.
    Our of the blue is what many players don't seem to count on. even with sub-races we got out of the blue Void elves and to a lesser eextent Nightborne - even if originally they were never meant to last. Lightforged Draenei I think we also out of hte blue, added to give the Draenei a sub race that wasn't Eredar - still not sure why go with Lightforged instead of Eredar.

yet it's the new that players always ignore or forget to factor in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the Alliance got Blood Elves so it's only right the Horde gets living humans in return
    Why not, heck there is even upcoming storyline that can ease in a breakaway human faction into horde, such as Defias Brotherhood remnants.

Frankly at this point they just should do free for all anyway, which I bet will happen anyway few years down the road.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Our of the blue is what many players don't seem to count on. even with sub-races we got out of the blue Void elves and to a lesser eextent Nightborne - even if originally they were never meant to last. Lightforged Draenei I think we also out of hte blue, added to give the Draenei a sub race that wasn't Eredar - still not sure why go with Lightforged instead of Eredar.

yet it's the new that players always ignore or forget to factor in.
    They would never be able to pull this off during that time.
    Its maybe fun to talk about this with friends and co, but not very feastable.

Edit: actually missquoted this one.