Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    I wish I could like eggs, they're a cheap af protein source.
    Cheap?
    Not here in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pit Bulls all need to be sterilized so we don't end up with more nanny dogs mauling people.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The Rey Skywalker story needs to continue and we need more movies or a tv series about Rey Skywalker.

I think it's okay that life is generally harder for the dumb and lazy

Anime with subs is only popular because they come out before the dubs... plus some meme reasoning some people started taking seriously. Most anime dubs are equal or outright better than the sub version.

It's 38 degrees where I live. Woke up in a heap of sweat. I am always hot and often feel like clothes are annoying. Sometimes it feels like I am given a blanket far too big and I am struggling with it all day while fully clothed.

I legitimately feel people ought to be allowed to be fully nude in public. Carry a towel with you or wear a skirt in restaurants if you will. However, if I want to walk my kids to school in the buff or get on zoom with my tatas out- it shouldn't be a big deal.

I don't think being naked implies anything sexual but if someone wants to stare at my chest or crotch, I don't mind either.

Maybe I got some physiological problem. I overheat quickly and sweat so easily. I hate it. Often I wish to strip entirely and just run back and forth with my arms out or stand like a starfish in front of a high-powered fan.

Go for it. Dicks out, tits out. I am cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Cheap?
    Not here in the US.
    You're going to tell me that an egg is more expensive by weight than chicken, beef, pork, or fish? Tofu is cheap, but I feel awful if I eat too much of it.

Granted, I haven't lived in the States for the last couple of years, but you really feel that price difference in beef when it isn't subsidized to hell.

You're going to tell me that an egg is more expensive by weight than chicken, beef, pork, or fish? Tofu is cheap, but I feel awful if I eat too much of it.

Granted, I haven't lived in the States for the last couple of years, but you really feel that price difference in beef when it isn't subsidized to hell.
    I paid $14 for a dozen eggs a couple of days ago. Chicken legs were $0.99 a pound at that same store.

My son asked for pancakes and I told him every egg is precious.

right now? yes. eggs are more expensive then chicken, beef, pork or fish. you can thank avian flu decimating the farms for that. where I am they are not $14, more like $5-6 per dozen but in comparison, boneless skinless chicken breast is $3.99 a pound.

it has been cheaper for me to fortify some of my foods with protein powder than to just eat eggs for some of my protein.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2023-03-02 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    right now? yes. eggs are more expensive then chicken, beef, pork or fish. you can thank avian flu decimating the farms for that. where I am they are not $14, more like $5-6 per dozen but in comparison, boneless skinless chicken breast is $3.99 a pound.

it has been cheaper for me to fortify some of my foods with protein powder than to just eat eggs for some of my protein.
    Holy shit, egg prices here have barely changed, it's like 260 yen for a 10 pack.

500 grams of chicken thighs is like maybe 600 yen, and beef is like 300 yen per 100 grams of chuck, more for better cuts.

In my area, $6 is about the price of the standard medium eggs.

Chicken Breast is $7.99/lb at WF and $4.99 at the cheaper local store.

I am seriously considering raising my own chickens and learning how to grow vegetables. I'm not paying 5.99 a pound for green beans.

Eggs where I am are only about 2-3 dollars for a dozen but protein powder would still be cheaper per gram of protein, so that part isn't particularly surprising. Whey is typically one of the cheapest sources of protein in terms of dollars per gram.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    In my area, $6 is about the price of the standard medium eggs.

Chicken Breast is $7.99/lb at WF and $4.99 at the cheaper local store.

I am seriously considering raising my own chickens and learning how to grow vegetables. I'm not paying 5.99 a pound for green beans.
    I should have probably clarified - I tend to shop at Aldi and they tend to be cheaper than other local alternatives. but even at the standard supermarket, they are about $8-9 for equivalent? that said, we have chickens and maybe its just us, but damn birds end up as spoiled as our dogs, so there's really no saving money there :P that's just us though. as for veggies, start with herbs, see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Eggs where I am are only about 2-3 dollars for a dozen but protein powder would still be cheaper per gram of protein, so that part isn't particularly surprising. Whey is typically one of the cheapest sources of protein in terms of dollars per gram.
    depends on the kind of protein you can have. for example, i cannot have Whey (or casein, especially not casein) unless its hydrolyzed to remove allergic reaction I would have to it otherwise and that ups the price. yet.. STILL is now cheaper then eggs :/

I should have probably clarified - I tend to shop at Aldi and they tend to be cheaper than other local alternatives. but even at the standard supermarket, they are about $8-9 for equivalent? that said, we have chickens and maybe its just us, but damn birds end up as spoiled as our dogs, so there's really no saving money there :P that's just us though. as for veggies, start with herbs, see how it goes.
    I like Aldi abroad but here in the US, the quality of Aldi and location varies a lot. I'd have to take an Uber or ask my husband to drive me there because the closest Aldi is like 40 minutes away. Whole Foods is a 5-minute walk from my house.

The last time I bought eggs at Aldi about half of them were rotten. I had a good experience with Aldi products too. But it varies a lot as I said.

I'd have to take an Uber or ask my husband to drive me there because the closest Aldi is like 40 minutes away.
    u got a driving ban or something

unrelated unpopular opinion : not being able to drive is a red flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

or a sign of someone living in a city with comprehensive public transportation, making driving unnecessary. /shrug. personaly I didn't start driving until I was well into my thirties and even then, ONLY because we moved to a place where costs are lower, but at the cost of barely there public transport.

I like Aldi abroad but here in the US, the quality of Aldi and location varies a lot. I'd have to take an Uber or ask my husband to drive me there because the closest Aldi is like 40 minutes away. Whole Foods is a 5-minute walk from my house.

The last time I bought eggs at Aldi about half of them were rotten. I had a good experience with Aldi products too. But it varies a lot as I said.
    ooof, that's pretty far. our closest aldi is maybe 10 minutes away and its basicaly on the next block to the other supermarket I get things I can't find in aldi. that said... YMMV honestly applies to pretty much all the supermarkets, not just aldi. or not just supermarkets either.

like... there are 3 of the same supermarket in my vicinity. one has an absolute worst possible meats you can imagine, after couple of times of getting spoiled meat despite decent expiration/packing dates I don't buy meat there anymore. one has the best groceries, ok meat, blah everything else. the other has mediocre groceries, for some reason salted peanuts only (we buy them for local bird and small wildlife population, so it has to be unsalted) but really great international isle. both aldis we have here are more or less same, but the one closer to us has better food, while the one farther from us has better magic isle (aka aldi finds isle)

that said, our closest aldi is pretty busy so they never have a chance to end up with spoiled food, it sells out too quickly for that. I wonder if your aldi just doesn't have as much traffic and possibly shitty refrigerators, so their food goes bad resulting in even less traffic like self perpetuating engine of crap...

I don't know how to drive a car. I am terrified to learn.

Grew up in New York City where we never drove at all. By the time I went to college, I was given one lesson and it scared the living daylights out of me. Smashed the windshield, burned by the airbag on my arms, legs, and face, and the car was tipped over upside down in a ditch. I almost died.

I have not sat behind the wheel of a real car in 26 years. It freaks me out.

- - - Updated - - -

that said, our closest aldi is pretty busy so they never have a chance to end up with spoiled food, it sells out too quickly for that. I wonder if your aldi just doesn't have as much traffic and possibly shitty refrigerators, so their food goes bad resulting in even less traffic like self perpetuating engine of crap...
    That could be it. I don't travel to that part of town too often. I purposefully moved somewhere with a lot of shops within walking distance. I'd basically have to run across the expressway to get that Aldi on foot even if we lived closer. It's not pedestrian accessible.

I don't know how to drive a car. I am terrified to learn.

Grew up in New York City where we never drove at all. By the time I went to college, I was given one lesson and it scared the living daylights out of me. Smashed the windshield, burned by the airbag on my arms, legs, and face, and the car was tipped over upside down in a ditch. I almost died.

I have not sat behind the wheel of a real car in 26 years. It freaks me out.
    Get yourself a little motorbike 50cc like a drug dealing teenager. You'll be worried till you get on it, and then when you get going it rules.

Get yourself a little motorbike 50cc like a drug dealing teenager. You'll be worried till you get on it, and then when you get going it rules.
    Hmm. You've opened my mind to a possible side hustle. Perhaps pancakes will be back on the menu.

Hmm. You've opened my mind to a possible side hustle. Perhaps pancakes will be back on the menu.
    check with the DMV as far as licensing, insurance, titles and plates go. depending on location and max speed of your potential bike, you (or your kid) may have to get those (main reason why I got an electric bicycle with max speed of 20mph and ability to pedal, as its not considered a motorbike despite electric motor and option to go full throttle, and so doesn't require any of the above, I can just ride it). alternately and granted I haven't actualy tried it myself yet, but I'm planning to soon - aquafaba from canned chickpeas and stuff can work as a good egg substitute in baking/pancake etc.