Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadyus View Post
    more low-effort content....zzzZzzzzz... Thanks, Blizz.
    Dude, it's a 0.x patch, not a even a major content patch.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty excited for this! The onyx amulet gives me ptsd from the hearth of Azeroth tho, but ill try it out to see how I like it. We are honestly spoiled with these updated compared to previous expansions.

Sounds pretty nice, though much depends on those vaults.
    Seems like they could have fit a little dungeon in there somewhere as well honestly.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no new raid

no new dungeons

complete waste of time and resources
    He says doing +9 and struggleing to finish normal

Games been out 12 weeks and people are losing their MINDS about there being no new raids? As of right now there are only 276 Ras kills and a very small portion of the community that are doing 20s and you want new dungeons and new raids when you have not even done current contect? Biggus, Yikus my friend.
    Last edited by kaption; 2023-03-03 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaption View Post
    He says doing +9 and struggleing to finish normal

Games been out 12 weeks and people are losing their MINDS about there being no new raids? As of right now there are only 276 Ras kills and a very small portion of the community that are doing 20s and you want new dungeons and new raids when you have not even done current contect? Biggus, Yikus my friend.
    Dude, 99% of the community does not aspire to that sort of "content", especially since it's exactly the same as easier modes yet "Now with extra bonus tediousness!!!".

I mean i have no issue with the difficulty yet even i am like "Why again would i bother?".

I'd rather pvp, at least the puppets i'm fighting there might theoretically have intelligence lurking behind their behaviour.

I mean the difficulty thing literally means you're just doing the same thing, again, slightly more difficult.
    Passing that off as content is like trying to pass off recolors as new models.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    Its a minor patch what you expected actually?

Whiny bastards all of you.
    I expect MAJOR patches on a 3-4 month cadence and MINOR patches on a 1-2 month. I'm sick of them constantly having 6+ months between major patches. It's just too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I expect MAJOR patches on a 3-4 month cadence and MINOR patches on a 1-2 month. I'm sick of them constantly having 6+ months between major patches. It's just too slow.
    How did you survive through 20 years of WoW?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Would you also want to speak to the manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    How did you survive through 20 years of WoW?
    I played in vanilla, bc, and WOTLK which all had lots of content on their releases (usually more than 1 raid) and were decently good about keeping to ~4 month marks for releases, and I always took breaks during the content drought at the end of each of those xpacs until prepatch. Ever since coming back during legion, I've been disappointed with the amount of content drops. I don't play the game for fluff stuff like WQs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Would you also want to speak to the manager?
    Dude is saying people are whiny because "this is just a minor content patch" when the reality is pretty simple and has been the entire time of wow's life: release new BIG SHIT at a faster pace instead of letting it get to life support before releasing. My point is "why is it taking 4 months to get a minor patch and likely 8 months to get a new raid?

Yeah but who cares what you expect, when what you are saying has never been true or the norm?

After 18 years of WoW you can kinda guess how long it takes for a patch to release, how much content it offers on average etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

I played in vanilla, bc, and WOTLK which all had lots of content on their releases (usually more than 1 raid) and were decently good about keeping to ~4 month marks for releases, and I always took breaks during the content drought at the end of each of those xpacs until prepatch. Ever since coming back during legion, I've been disappointed with the amount of content drops. I don't play the game for fluff stuff like WQs.
    This is simply false information dude. First of all, comparable major patches did not release on average every 4 months and second of all, ALL patches back in the day were significantly smaller than what a major patch nowadays offers with the exception of 3.3 and 2.4.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Dude, 99% of the community does not aspire to that sort of "content", especially since it's exactly the same as easier modes yet "Now with extra bonus tediousness!!!".

I mean i have no issue with the difficulty yet even i am like "Why again would i bother?".

I'd rather pvp, at least the puppets i'm fighting there might theoretically have intelligence lurking behind their behaviour.

I mean the difficulty thing literally means you're just doing the same thing, again, slightly more difficult.
    Passing that off as content is like trying to pass off recolors as new models.
    Surely that means that the patch means nothing then? Why would anyone wants a new raid or Mythic + if they are doing PVP. Seems like a moot point to me.

To clarify The original point was "I want a new raid or dungeons, why isn't there any" I mean....anyone who has played for a year knows that this is the patch cycle, I think people need to be realistic about what they expect from WoW.
    Last edited by kaption; 2023-03-03 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Explantion

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah but who cares what you expect, when what you are saying has never been true or the norm?

After 18 years of WoW you can kinda guess how long it takes for a patch to release, how much content it offers on average etc etc
    More that I expect a game to get better at it's content delivery over time. Like destiny 2, which has seen a huge boost in how much content they release within a timeframe after fucking off from blizzard.

Plenty of other games on tighter "big content" patch cycles in shorter-than-modern-wow timeframes.

Besides that, it was plenty true in the 3 game versions I listed leading up to each of their respective final patches.

This is simply false information dude. First of all, comparable major patches did not release on average every 4 months and second of all, ALL patches back in the day were significantly smaller than what a major patch nowadays offers with the exception of 3.3 and 2.4.
    Doesn't matter, they offered the most important content type: raids.

Also, I'm going to go digging for data on release schedules, but suffice to say it was definitely faster than now back during those 3 on average. 3 months? No. But easily 4 months, which is better than 6-8 months trash we see now.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2023-03-03 at 04:04 PM.

More that I expect a game to get better at it's content delivery over time. Like destiny 2, which has seen a huge boost in how much content they release within a timeframe after fucking off from blizzard.

Plenty of other games on tighter "big content" patch cycles in shorter-than-modern-wow timeframes.

Besides that, it was plenty true in the 3 game versions I listed leading up to each of their respective final patches.
    As I said in the previous post, you are straight up lying with the first 3 games. 4 months average was never true, there were *some* (not-so major) patches that released after 4.5 months, but several others took 6,7 or even 8 months (if 2.2 gets counted out which only added the voice chat and nothing else).

So yeah stop lying and no, "content delivery" just doesn't get magically better over time and is definitely not the norm. If anything, companies might think about how to pack more stuff (or make the quality better) in the same time frame, rather than making this time frame shorter.

As I said in the previous post, you are straight up lying with the first 3 games. 4 months average was never true, there were *some* (not-so major) patches that released after 4.5 months, but several others took 6,7 or even 8 months (if 2.2 gets counted out which only added the voice chat and nothing else).

So yeah stop lying and no, "content delivery" just doesn't get magically better over time and is definitely not the norm. If anything, companies might think about how to pack more stuff (or make the quality better) in the same time frame, rather than making this time frame shorter.
    Imagine people thinking that TBC/Wrath had content LOL. The only content on any patch was a raid and they were easilly 6 months apart. I think people are confusing CLASSIC with actual Vanilla.

Source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch#Vanilla

Doesn't matter, they offered the most important content type: raids.

Also, I'm going to go digging for data on release schedules, but suffice to say it was definitely faster than now back during those 3 on average. 3 months? No. But easily 4 months, which is better than 6-8 months trash we see now.
    Ulduar was 6 months after release.
    TBC is hard to compare since it released with almost 3 tiers, but Black Temple was 5 months after release and then took 11! months for the next 25m raid.
    BWL to AQ was 6 months and AQ to Naxx was 5 months.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Imagine people thinking that TBC/Wrath had content LOL. The only content on any patch was a raid and they were easilly 6 months apart. I think people are confusing CLASSIC with actual Vanilla.

Source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch#Vanilla
    Yeah pretty much... Not that every recent-ish patch that was labeled major was necessarily huge, but you can clearly tell that nowadays each major .X patch does deliver quite a lot on the content. When 10.1 comes out sometimes in May or early June it will have a new raid, new zone and only weeks after it we will be at 10.1.5 with a megadungeon and some new world events. Meanwhile in the same time frame back in the day in TBC or Wrath we'd get a new raid (Black Temple, Ulduar) and get one sub-zone released (Netherwing Drakes Island, Argent Tournament) and that's kinda it content-wise.

2.4 for example was considered huge by adding a raid, a zone and a dungeon (or like 3.3 that added a raid and 3 small dungeons), but those patches look nowadays small or normal in comparison with 5.2,5.4,6.2,7.1,7.2,7.3,8.2,8.3,9.1,9.2 (all patches that are as big or bigger) with only 5.1, 5.3, 6.1 and 8.1 being smaller.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2023-03-03 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ulduar was 6 months after release.
    TBC is hard to compare since it released with almost 3 tiers, but Black Temple was 5 months after release and then took 11! months for the next 25m raid.
    BWL to AQ was 6 months and AQ to Naxx was 5 months.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...k_at_how_long/

First off, it's not JUST about numbers between releases, but also the amount of stuff available. BT taking 5 months after release when there were multiple raids already available and you had leveling to do that was still more in vanilla's vein of slow leveling is much less of an issue when there are 3 raids you have to go through before you can think about BT. Looking back at vanilla, you left out ZG between BWL and AQ, and they had two distinct raids in AQ.

Ulduar was 5 months after release, but there were like 4 raid activities to step through before that, so again, seems fine because no one was bored from running the same raid by the time it released.

Let's take the number of raids released between day 1 of an xpac and the final patch to get average amount of content available for a window of time and compare that, because that's probably the best way to show just how little recent games have had.

First off, it's not JUST about numbers between releases, but also the amount of stuff available. BT taking 5 months after release when there were multiple raids already available and you had leveling to do that was still more in vanilla's vein of slow leveling is much less of an issue when there are 3 raids you have to go through before you can think about BT. Looking back at vanilla, you left out ZG between BWL and AQ, and they had two distinct raids in AQ.

Ulduar was 5 months after release, but there were like 4 raid activities to step through before that, so again, seems fine because no one was bored from running the same raid by the time it released.

Let's take the number of raids released between day 1 of an xpac and the final patch to get average amount of content available for a window of time and compare that, because that's probably the best way to show just how little recent games have had.
    Nice how you're moving your goal post and how you're conveniently proving your point BY ONLY considering raiding and nothing else. And even that linked reddit post is flawed (which is pointed out by the posters), such as comparing 1-boss raids to whole tiers or how Blizzard had by design (due to player demand, mind you) decided to stagger raids a little bit and not release them immediately at launch, but get them out weeks later so that everyone is prepared.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2023-03-03 at 04:37 PM.

It was a terrible way of releasing content and I would be very suprised if anyone actually wanted content to be released that way. Most players had not completed the last content so they had to spend their days playing every day. Nowadays you can do high level content AND be casual at the same time

It was a terrible way of releasing content and I would be very suprised if anyone actually wanted content to be released that way. Most players had not completed the last content so they had to spend their days playing every day. Nowadays you can do high level content AND be casual at the same time
    Yes, but it doesn't take 6 months to do that high level content at a casual pace (which I'm not complaining about btw, this xpac has been great in terms of both time to level and time to gear... honestly the best in wow's history, even moreso than WOTLK IMO, which was my previous reigning king of best gearing experience). I'm not saying that having 3 raids on tap at the start of an xpac is better than spacing them out a little, but I am saying that, if I had to choose between a new raid ever 6-8 months and only like 3 raids an xpac versus 3 raids off the bat and then 3 raids across the xpac, I'd always take more content than less.