Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have to say for myself as a tank, i dont just look at io, i mostly look at # of runs as well, plus if your on a specific realm your getting insta declined aka Rag, Quel, Azralon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuza View Post
    I have to say for myself as a tank, i dont just look at io, i mostly look at # of runs as well, plus if your on a specific realm your getting insta declined aka Rag, Quel, Azralon.
    what wrong with quel'thalas? out of curiosity ive personally had more issues wiht players from kazzak

Quote Originally Posted by Kuza View Post
    English speakers constantly shit on those realms but from what I see they aren't any worse than illidan, malganis, area 52 etc. Every large pop server has a lot of bad apples, just like large cities have a lot of shitty people irl just a numbers game. They just happen to be large pop servers without english as a main language.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    what wrong with quel'thalas? out of curiosity ive personally had more issues wiht players from kazzak
    Hard to push keys and communicate when people only speak Spanish, so I just avoid them to be safe. To many times has something gone wrong because they couldn't understand the directions being given.

i need some help understanding this as its making no sense to I've got 2573 score on my hunter I've timed Shadowmoon burial grounds 20 on both fortified and tyrannical, I've even 2 chested it on tyrannical yet I'm getting instantly declined for every 20 burialgrounds i sign for same is happening wiht algathar on tyrannical I've timed a 20 for that side why i get instantly declined. this make no sense to me

what dose timing a other dungeons have to do with my ability to do the 2 dungeons mentioned above?
    you gotta understand that for every 2500 player there are atleast 10 2700 players also signing in for fast weekly farm for SBG

sign for like 20 NO or RLP

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    And that's why I said run your own key. Nobody can gatekeep you from it. Be the change you want to see in the community, take only players who have done your key-1 level.
    You don't change the entire mentality of a gaming community by being one person.

Don't make crazy claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You don't change the entire mentality of a gaming community by being one person.

Don't make crazy claims.
    The fact still stands: if you run your own key you can not be gatekept by others. Doesn't matter if you change the community, you can solve the gatekeeping problem by yourself with the click of a button.

Apply to a bunch of keys, worked for me.

He meant from US servers. Ragnaros/Azralon/Quelthalas are south america servers, where people mostly speak spanish or other languages (I think?)

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody wants hunter, especially this week. You bring no utility and SP is in high demand cuz of bursting. My healer friend especially dont want me to inv any hunter cuz you take alot of dmg and do nothing. Also alot of dps stand in all possible sht and dont use defensive. Become a better player then maybe. Also do your own key

Everyone has problems with Kazzak though. I insta decline them now, it attracts the most toxic players for some odd reason.

There could simply be many other people with higher rio who also just want a weekly. You might still get in if you queue long enough, but if you wanna avoid that it might be better to raise your own key.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i need some help understanding this as its making no sense to I've got 2573 score on my hunter I've timed Shadowmoon burial grounds 20 on both fortified and tyrannical, I've even 2 chested it on tyrannical yet I'm getting instantly declined for every 20 burialgrounds i sign for same is happening wiht algathar on tyrannical I've timed a 20 for that side why i get instantly declined. this make no sense to me

what dose timing a other dungeons have to do with my ability to do the 2 dungeons mentioned above?
    why take a hunter? maybe after the buff theyre getting from the bow nerf. But youll still be a glass cannon

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Nobody wants hunter, especially this week. You bring no utility and SP is in high demand cuz of bursting. My healer friend especially dont want me to inv any hunter cuz you take alot of dmg and do nothing. Also alot of dps stand in all possible sht and dont use defensive. Become a better player then maybe. Also do your own key
    just tried doing my key it got destroyed 3 times its now a 19, 2 of them was to a fail skip of 1st mob the 3rd was toa wipe on 2nd boss and im now left with no motivation to try to do another key this week....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    why take a hunter? maybe after the buff theyre getting from the bow nerf. But youll still be a glass cannon
    hunters are getting survivability buffs also

that literally dose not explain why i'm getting instantly declined for them that just means most are ignoring me coz of my lower score, not instantly declining me the second i sign up to the grp.

and yes that would probably be the case if they are going for timer i've signed up for lots listed as "finish for weekly" only to be insta declined for the key but it seems that for some reason people want all keys done to get into a specific key and this doesn't just apply to 20s and its a stupid mentality imo
    It literally explains it though.. Your score just isn't high enough and you're competing to 20+ other dps who will sign with a higher score.

let me as a player of a nonmeta class nobody ever wanted in keys (until now) tell you: make friends, join guild or community...thats the only way to enjoy m+. Otherwise its gonna get you mad af. The only other option is to apply for any key, even for grps who have lower score/haven't timed the key yet. Or play your own key and build the grps yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The fact still stands: if you run your own key you can not be gatekept by others. Doesn't matter if you change the community, you can solve the gatekeeping problem by yourself with the click of a button.
    That's not what a gatekeeping issue is. Being the exception doesn't draw attention to the issue.

You're missing the point, unless you think for some reason that no one should ever speak up or criticize issues that exist in communities.

No offence, but it always fascinates me how people like you do these very high keys at all and yet seemingly don't really know what's going on or how the system works. Did you ever make a group on your own for a +20 key and know how many DPS sign up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    English speakers constantly shit on those realms but from what I see they aren't any worse than illidan, malganis, area 52 etc. Every large pop server has a lot of bad apples, just like large cities have a lot of shitty people irl just a numbers game. They just happen to be large pop servers without english as a main language.
    I see this is the same situation we in EU have with Russian servers, where the russians are often seen as bad or toxic players... but the truth is that they're as good/bad as everyone else, it's just that you have the most miscommunication issues with them, because most of them can barely speak any english. Same with Spanish EU servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's not what a gatekeeping issue is. Being the exception doesn't draw attention to the issue.

You're missing the point, unless you think for some reason that no one should ever speak up or criticize issues that exist in communities.
    Might be a language barrier, I guess we don't fundamentally talk about the same thing.

Gatekeeping = getting declined in pugland for a +20 when you did not have done a +20 before. If you think this is a problem that needs to change for pugs you can be that change by running your own key and invite only people key-1. You now have the chance to convince 4 others to do the same.

If you think this approach is futile and don't think the community can be changed maybe it's time to ask yourself why this kind of gatekeeping is happening in the first place. My answer to that is that people expect to time their key and obviously invite the best possible candidate of which there are many as you would see if you ever put up your key.

You apply to a 20 with a 20 done, and 2573 score.

Then 20 other dudes with 20-22s and 3k score signup or do in a very quick fashion.

Yea, it's pretty self explanatory why.