Thread: D3 season 28

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Main stat does affect their talents. I just rerolled it on alts
    It does, but it's not a huge gain overall. If you just never bother, it'll barely be noticeable, but sure - if it's easy to reroll, just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Keep in mind that when it comes to T16 farming, differences between most of the top setups are VERY small.

We're talking 1:30 vs. 2:00 vs. 2:30 stuff, on that order.
    You do realise that 1:30 is massively faster than 2:00? Let alone 2:30.

I didn't say Wizard isn't silly strong, but Trag as.. is stronger and you can clear a 150 with Trag without any paragons. Trag isn't as versatile as Wiz though as you have to kill the RG and Trag isn't good for that, but for trash clearing it is a bit stronger than a Wiz without lagging the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    You do realise that 1:30 is massively faster than 2:00? Let alone 2:30.
    It is on paper, but in practice it's very hard for most people to actually gain tangible benefits from that kind of savings. It would require incredibly tight time usage for 30 second differences to make an appreciable difference over time, and for most casual players it probably just won't matter simply because they're unlikely to sit there and farm 500 keys.

Sure if you're a crazy pumper fishing for perfect 150s and whatever so you need all the keys and then some, then this will generate an advantage over time that's noticeable, but for the random durdler this really isn't something to lose much sleep over.

I didn't say Wizard isn't silly strong, but Trag as.. is stronger and you can clear a 150 with Trag without any paragons. Trag isn't as versatile as Wiz though as you have to kill the RG and Trag isn't good for that, but for trash clearing it is a bit stronger than a Wiz without lagging the game.
    Be that is it may (if it actually is), but Trang is quite simply more difficult to play correctly than Tal Rasha is. Tal's is a two-button point-and-click autokiller that requires almost no thinking about.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2023-03-04 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's never been as easy to clear GR150 as it is with a Wizard this season. Ever.
    a good final hoora' before D4 imo, i had a ton of fun this season - got the portrait and pet, paragon 1k+, altar fully unlocked - my only goal left is solo 150 for the first time ever and /uninstall
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

i have competed in nearly every season but 3 of them. this season is by far the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Main stat does affect their talents. I just rerolled it on alts
    I'm not sure about Templar and Scoundrel, but for Enchantress the part of her skills affected by Int are mostly just the duration of various things. I think the only note-worthy thing that also scales is the strength of her attack speed buff. Also worth noting is that they don't scale past 25k main stat. Speaking of which, the scaling doesn't seem to do a lot of difference. Compared to the first set of random spare items I threw at her and yesterday when I managed to squeeze just a few points beyond 25k I went from 9-something to 10 seconds on her buffs/debuffs.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2023-03-04 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    i have competed in nearly every season but 3 of them. this season is by far the funnest.
    For me, the best part are the quality-of-life improvements in the Altar. Letting more stuff get grabbed automatically, letting all characters use 70 gear so you can speedrun from level 1 with alts (I wish it didn't rewrite the actual level on the item though; makes it harder to tell the difference between the level 70 legendaries and the level 68-69 ones that dropped as you were still leveling). The stat bumps are all nice, but it's the QoL that makes the fun, and that's a principle they should take forward into D4.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For me, the best part are the quality-of-life improvements in the Altar. Letting more stuff get grabbed automatically, letting all characters use 70 gear so you can speedrun from level 1 with alts (I wish it didn't rewrite the actual level on the item though; makes it harder to tell the difference between the level 70 legendaries and the level 68-69 ones that dropped as you were still leveling). The stat bumps are all nice, but it's the QoL that makes the fun, and that's a principle they should take forward into D4.
    absolutley. QoL always makes games better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    a good final hoora' before D4 imo, i had a ton of fun this season - got the portrait and pet, paragon 1k+, altar fully unlocked - my only goal left is solo 150 for the first time ever and /uninstall
    My goals also align with this +1

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

...and in the end i'm not doing this season as i ignore the game for years now. Reason is i just have plenty of alternatives and from what i read here i'm not. Really losing anything - play a couple of days, become op because of inane multipliers, then hunt for stuff you already have but with bigger numbers.

Combat may still be awesome (cause it is) but i even installed the client and never even started it. Prolly just going to uninstall and call it a day.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I am tempted to come back and play this season

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, I just got my wizard alt to have most of the pieces for Tal Rasha Meteor (not the Icy Veins build but the newer teleport-based version where the only active skill basically is Teleport). Basically nothing's Ancient yet and I still need some better jewelery to slot, but I'm seeing how utterly silly it is. Already basically keeping pace with my much-better-geared Crusader with a Fist of Heavens build.

About the altar

The step u require 4 dungeon pages, i have to make 4 dungeon of different set or it can be the same set?

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    About the altar

The step u require 4 dungeon pages, i have to make 4 dungeon of different set or it can be the same set?
    You need four six-bonus sets OF THE SAME CLASS. It doesn't have to be actual six pieces, 5 + Ring of Royal Grandeur works, too.

Then go to Leoric's Manor in A1 and interact with the Tome of Set Dungeons to drop a page. You can get all in the same game. You don't need to actually do the Set Dungeon, just have the 6-piece bonus on 4 sets, and interact with the Tome.

And of course this only works for sets that have Set Dungeons, so not the new ones that were in the Gifts this season (Typhon, GoD, etc.).

I was really struggling with lag over the weekend trying to clear a GR 149 on my Wizard, anything over 3 elite packs and trash it became unplayable, even pausing the game and waiting for the game to catch up didn't help as it would start lagging again after a couple of attacks, I have experienced lag like it before in 3 and 4 man's but never in single player. Hopefully the servers will be a bit quieter during the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I was really struggling with lag over the weekend trying to clear a GR 149 on my Wizard, anything over 3 elite packs and trash it became unplayable, even pausing the game and waiting for the game to catch up didn't help as it would start lagging again after a couple of attacks, I have experienced lag like it before in 3 and 4 man's but never in single player. Hopefully the servers will be a bit quieter during the week.
    Its a big Tal Wiz problem, not many issues with my 150's on necro. But if there is a wiz, its a rubberband fest

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Its a big Tal Wiz problem, not many issues with my 150's on necro. But if there is a wiz, its a rubberband fest
    It's more of a problem for speed builds, it's pretty unplayble during the evenings at least with solo push you can freeze the game if you start lagging, with speed you don't really want to.

It's more of a problem for speed builds, it's pretty unplayble during the evenings at least with solo push you can freeze the game if you start lagging, with speed you don't really want to.
    This.

Although I never had terrible lag with GoD DH.

Hopefully when I’ll start working on wiz in April, most people won’t play season anymore XD

I seem to have near full ancients for every DH built except the one I want to play. I only got Ancient bow and quiver for my Marauder built by just forcing it with Hope of Cain. And playing sporadically I am at Paragon 1100 and still only have seen ONE primal.

I've not done well for primal drops and from Kadala either this season. I'm over paragon 1600 and do seem to have got a lot less primals than I would normally have at this stage of the season, I have farmed over 240,000 blood shards so far, but only had 1 primal from Kadala at around paragon 8-900, which I needed to finish the altar.

I have managed to get a couple of primals with rerolling in the cube, but it is frustrating not being able to get a steady supply of Primordial Ashes from shards or drops.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.