Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Well they can't well put the focus on REAL streamers, because real streamers playing WoW will have a lot of problematic things to say that aren't conducive to game promotion - and I mean about gameplay and design and whatnot, not non-game stuff.

Like, could you highlight Asmongold here? The biggest WoW streamer no question not close, but because he's being critical where the game needs criticizing (and he's far from a WoW doomer) that would ruin their saccharin promotional needs. Which is the only reason they're doing this.

Look at us, so happy, so cheerful, so incredibly delighted to be playing this awesome, immaculate game! Come on you guys, BUY THIS GAME, YOU GUYS!

Yeah, that's just never going to be real.
    Yes, they should put out the ad where balding basement dweller shits on their game, while constantly spewing "big dick" memes around. What a great content that would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold well his alt zackrawr is a reaction andy now and hasnt streamed as Asmongold for awhile now.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Yes, they should put out the ad where balding basement dweller shits on their game, while constantly spewing "big dick" memes around. What a great content that would be.
    To make it clear, because it's been misunderstood a couple of times - I don't mean Asmongold SPECIFICALLY, but someone LIKE that: a WoW streamer who while not an outright WoW-is-dead doomsayer, nevertheless does not hold back criticism where it's due. Rather than just going happy happy sunshine isn't WoW awesome.

I've edited the original post as well to explain this better.

You don't know him = you don't play Classic.

I've never heard of this guy, but to be fair I've never heard of most steamers.

It's an aspect of gaming culture that has entirely passed me by, which is amusing considering it's one of the biggest things surrounding gaming. But yeah, have zero interest in watching others stream.

To be clear I'm not trying to be superior, because I don't think that at all. If you like strangers great. I'm more just amused by how out of touch I am with the gaming "culture".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    A bit far fetched don't you think? I played classic and many of my friends still do to this day, and none of us know who this person is.

I don’t know who this is because I think streaming is stupid and have zero interest in it. I also play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I've been watching WoW content for many years and somehow have never heard of this guy.
    Well it's a series by Blizzard, so they only gonna choose ones who suck their dick the hardest.
    Nobody with an opinion or who criticizes them

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    A bit far fetched don't you think? I played classic and many of my friends still do to this day, and none of us know who this person is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I don’t know who this is because I think streaming is stupid and have zero interest in it. I also play classic.
    Let me slightly rephrase my words: if you don't care about current raid parses/cool mechanics on bosses/broken items/speedruns you probably won't know him.
    He was not well known in Classic community before start of WotLK tho similar to Joardee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never know whats more sad, the person streaming or the people watching said streams..

Either way Blizzard promoting this bullshit never gets any less sad.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    kk not joking or trolling now but who is that guy ? literly first time im hearing about him - does he have like 5 viewers something ?

besides ticking all woke tickboxes i assume .
    People like you are legitimately the worst. You're always jealous of others who have accomplished more than you and have to find an excuse on why that is (even though, ironically, minorities besides a few exceptions all over the western world are at a disadvantage when it comes to jobs, opportunities, getting an audience etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Well they can't well put the focus on REAL streamers, because real streamers playing WoW will have a lot of problematic things to say that aren't conducive to game promotion - and I mean about gameplay and design and whatnot, not non-game stuff.

Like, could you highlight Asmongold here? The biggest WoW streamer no question not close, but because he's being critical where the game needs criticizing (and he's far from a WoW doomer) that would ruin their saccharin promotional needs. Which is the only reason they're doing this.

Look at us, so happy, so cheerful, so incredibly delighted to be playing this awesome, immaculate game! Come on you guys, BUY THIS GAME, YOU GUYS!

EDIT: To make it clear, because it's been misunderstood a couple of times - I don't mean Asmongold SPECIFICALLY, but someone LIKE that: a WoW streamer who while not an outright WoW-is-dead doomsayer, nevertheless does not hold back criticism where it's due. Rather than just going happy happy sunshine isn't WoW awesome.
    Dude you just don't get it.

Asmongold is already popular af. Why would they want to promote somebody, for free, who is already THE largest WoW streamer?

And what has been critical of the game or whatever have anything to do with any of this? Blizzard is full aware of what people in the so-called WoW community bubble (a small piece of WoW's actual playerbase) like or dislike about the game and they never pretend like it doesn't exist.

Wtf is even 50 comments in this thread about a community promotion? This site never fails to amaze me.

Fucking boomers mad about streaming being a thing again? Or just sad they get paid to play your favourite game while you pay a subscription to a game you hate and complain on mmo champion with your whale wife nagging and kids you hate in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Never know whats more sad, the person streaming or the people watching said streams..

Either way Blizzard promoting this bullshit never gets any less sad.
    Lets see, you have

Person A, making a living from what they enjoy.
    Person B, having fun by watching said person.

And then Person C, who isn't affected by A or B and doesn't participate yet feels the need to insult others for enjoying their life.

Which do you think is really losing the most there?

To make it clear, because it's been misunderstood a couple of times - I don't mean Asmongold SPECIFICALLY, but someone LIKE that: a WoW streamer who while not an outright WoW-is-dead doomsayer, nevertheless does not hold back criticism where it's due. Rather than just going happy happy sunshine isn't WoW awesome.

I've edited the original post as well to explain this better.
    Asmongold interviewed Ion last year. Maybe the reason people aren't understanding you is because you are not dealing with the reality the rest of us live in.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Lets see, you have

Person A, making a living from what they enjoy.
    Person B, having fun by watching said person.

And then Person C, who isn't affected by A or B and doesn't participate yet feels the need to insult others for enjoying their life.

Which do you think is really losing the most there?
    Definitely person B
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Definitely person B
    I hope you never watch any shows or movies then.

And when you go to the supermarket you also complain to the store about them carrying food you don't like.

EDIT: To make it clear, because it's been misunderstood a couple of times - I don't mean Asmongold SPECIFICALLY, but someone LIKE that: a WoW streamer who while not an outright WoW-is-dead doomsayer, nevertheless does not hold back criticism where it's due. Rather than just going happy happy sunshine isn't WoW awesome.
    Yeah, let's highlight a clown who incited people to harass players in game who bought TBC Classic Deluxe and the mount that came with it. He should have been perma banned for that and he should NEVER be adknowledged by Blizzard in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    People like you are legitimately the worst. You're always jealous of others who have accomplished more than you and have to find an excuse on why that is (even though, ironically, minorities besides a few exceptions all over the western world are at a disadvantage when it comes to jobs, opportunities, getting an audience etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Dude you just don't get it.

Asmongold is already popular af. Why would they want to promote somebody, for free, who is already THE largest WoW streamer?[\
    Yeah, why promote a jerk who incited players to harass other players who got the deluxe mount during TBC Classic.

Definitely person B
    Whilst I dont watch streams myself the irony isn't lost on me. You could say the same about how it's sad a group of men/women are arguing about streaming on a forum about a computer game.... People do shit they want to do and if it doesn't hurt anyone who honestly gives a fuck! lol

Let me slightly rephrase my words: if you don't care about current raid parses/cool mechanics on bosses/broken items/speedruns you probably won't know him.
    He was not well known in Classic community before start of WotLK tho similar to Joardee.
    Wasn't he? I'm not even interested in most the stuff he does (speedruns and stuff) and i had always thought he was a well known player in the community well before Wrath, maybe even already in Classic Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Yeah, let's highlight a clown who incited people to harass players in game who bought TBC Classic Deluxe and the mount that came with it. He should have been perma banned for that and he should NEVER be adknowledged by Blizzard in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Yeah, why promote a jerk who incited players to harass other players who got the deluxe mount during TBC Classic.
    I don't really follow Asmon anymore due various of his recent decisions but i am thankful for that.
    If he managed to stop at least 1 person buying the Deluxe edition it was definitely worth.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Wasn't he? I'm not even interested in most the stuff he does (speedruns and stuff) and i had always thought he was a well known player in the community well before Wrath, maybe even already in Classic Vanilla.
    Not saying he was not known at all but popularity exploded during WotLK release: https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/sarthetv