Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sounds like patch will launch 15th, although they didn't want to reveal exact date. I wonder if they keep good habit and share 10.1 info same/next week. Preferably as youtube video 8.3 style (hate this fake discussion videos).

I think this patch PTR must start really fast for game to launch first half of May or it will be similar schedule to 9.1 - because patch + season start + world first race must happen outside D4 launch hype window.
    Where's the 15th coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Where's the 15th coming from?
    Educated guesses, like most things that turn out to be true (and are then seen as prophetic, or proof that the person has inside sources)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

In the writhing pre-existence of the not-yet-to-be-born—
    In the Void that seeks subsistence, and sanity, and form,
    The eyeless serpent turned its gaze outwards upon the storm—
    And it saw the Worlds-That-Walked, that could one day be deformed.

No logic nor chronology did serve to stop their fuss,
    For in the Void, What-Could-Be is as though it always was
    And had a world that's yet to walk been wrested from its place;
    The uncertain Gods-That-Weren't would be born with that world's face.

It happened once, and only once, that a World-That's-Not did walk;
    Potential turned concrete, and the vanguard did result.
    And all of space did fear its birth, for it sought to birth the rest—
    "twas their vanguard, dread Dimensius, who once took the name K'Aresh.

In the furthest reach of nowhere, the Final Titan waits and sleeps;
    Its existence is the linchpin that all the universe won't weep.
    The mounds of flesh, the waiting whispers, the maybe-is that could be born—
    The Void Lords are contingent, none know yet if they'll be formed;
    If the mounds are gone, the world remains, and they will never be.
    If the mounds remain, the world is gone, and the eyeless serpent will yet see.

(Edit: Slightly altered per a very good change @guro-tchai suggested)
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-06 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Educated guesses, like most things that turn out to be true (and are then seen as prophetic, or proof that the person has inside sources)
    I'm back to raid logging the last four weeks so I hope it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I think it's probably it. Like being "fleshy" isn't intrinsically bad, is just that it makes beings less controllable as constructs, vulnerable to outside forces -such as the Void-

Like yeah the Void did do it in order to advance its own plans, but they could also re-frame it as being at least partially about free will.
    it is going to be 100% predictable and thus framed as some giant twist reveal just like nzoth getting released or the klaxxi queen in BfA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm back to raid logging the last four weeks so I hope it's true.
    im ready for the power boost
    i am still using the assembly ring so replacing it with a fire damage proc and the absorb with a physical damage proc and letting me swap out my flaring cowl for a better itemized helm and an embellished weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    it is going to be 100% predictable and thus framed as some giant twist reveal just like nzoth getting released or the klaxxi queen in BfA

- - - Updated - - -

im ready for the power boost
    i am still using the assembly ring so replacing it with a fire damage proc and the absorb with a physical damage proc and letting me swap out my flaring cowl for a better itemized helm and an embellished weapon
    I wonder if all the fire damage procs work with the new Ret paladin talent that increases Fire damage dealt by 10%. I have the belt and I lucked into one of the rings.

I would really like them to flesh out the Void race cultures a bit more. The K'thir look cool but are very one-note in BFA. Even the Naga were pretty boring in 8.2.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    EU has really long (predicted) maintenance this week, 3AM-7AM tomorrow and 2AM-10AM on reset day.

Blademaster
    1+ Year Old Account
    They should do WoW 2 with Unreal engine 5.1, cartoon style like now is shit. Mostly singelplayer so all can play.
    Last edited by lieutvurt; 2023-03-06 at 05:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inferis-culex View Post
    They should do WoW 2 with Unreal engine 5.1, cartoon style like now is shit. Mostly singelplayer so all can play.
    Just make WoW 2 4Head!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

*Takes a deep breath* No. Cartoony artstyle is better then photo realism.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This expansion is mostly singleplayer.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should do WoW 2 with Unreal engine 5.1, cartoon style like now is shit.
    Ah, the cartoony art style that has kept up perfectly well for the last 2 decades and continues to do so is shit, but some crappy realistic style that is outdated within like a year, maybe 2, isn't?

Formerly known as Arafal

They will never make a WoW 2.

Do you genuinely think people are gonna play a game without all their transmogs, mounts, achievements, characters etc.?

Sequels to MMOs never work and might as well be new IPs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, maybe not. I just know slapping Unreal onto a game is not nearly as simple as the internet thinks it is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I just know slapping Unreal onto a game is not nearly as simple as the internet thinks it is.
    Well funded games have taken massive blows froma sudden shift to Unreal engine during development. It's honestly quite astounding that some players think that it's easy to somehow port the entirety of WoW into a new engine. Do people really think it's just a question of pushing a button and changing all mentions of the engine into Unreal engine in the code?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Horrible idea.

For one, the cartoony style ages far, far better than lifelike.

Making a full blown sequel also is a massive risk. The sequel can flop, and in the process kill the original too. Or at the least weaken it further. For a good example, take a look at Everquest. Everquest was the previous king of MMOs. And they released a sequel, Everquest 2, on November 9th, 2004. The resulting split, among other things, weakened it enough for an upstart MMO launching mere weeks later to take the stage.

An upstart MMO named WoW.

Some MMO sequels have worked, though not without considerable work, like FFXIV. But those are pretty rare. The MMO landscape is also massively different now. When MMOs were still the hot thing, maybe it could've worked. Now? No.

barf. One of the only things that keeps me playing is the art style instead of a muddy realism brown/grey of so many modern titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wonder if all the fire damage procs work with the new Ret paladin talent that increases Fire damage dealt by 10%. I have the belt and I lucked into one of the rings.
    possibly
    honestly i know there will be broken combos early and maybe two weeks later half will be addressed

OK FWIW things are likely ramping up, based on Twitter.

MRGM tweeted the eyes emoji last night, as did Towellie. Taliesin & Evitel also responded to MRGM with "Not doing anything".

Based on the fact that both MRGM and T&E were involved in a European event at a castle recently, and Towellie is obviously also in the know, it is probably safe to assume there will be some cool news this week (or at the latest next week, in case it's something they're all being informed about or recording together this week).

My guess is on 10.1 information dump, since that PTR is likely to go up any week now once 10.0.7 is released next week.