Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It would be rly a good idea to do that since it made such a huge success with rise of skywalker right? /S
    I understand you're being facetious, but regardless of the name, the movie was a box office success, and the movie would still be as terrible if it had any other name. The name has nothing to do with 'success'.

Personally i think its dumb to do that, the show is Mando/Djin, the story of a space gunslinger, Grogu is his sidekick that was supossed to be a small gimick that would go away at season 2, i bet they got pressured to keep him because he sells well

I think the show will lost people interest if they change that, the story about the space gunslinger, this is what hook people, the different premise from other star wars stuff that disney destroyed.
    We will only know in retrospect, after the series is over, if the creators decide to spill the beans on what they planned from the beginning.

Even if the show is retroactively naming Grogu, nothing about the show has to change. It would still be a space-western following the adventures of Din Djarin. The only point I'm making is that Grogu might be the show's namesake. He was the macguffin of the first two seasons of the show; and we will see whether he continues to be in this season. Like how the title of 'The Lord of the Rings' has nothing to do with referring to the main characters; it's referring to the big bad of the series, Sauron.

I don't think they'll change pace on the show if it retroactively is about Grogu. He's already been a focus of the show, and the lynchpin to Din's sacrifices and character growth throughout the series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Even if Grogu makes it to full size there's no way he's wielding the darksaber in those tiny paws. Even Yoda had a shrunk down saber hilt, so I'm not sure the future ends with the little green guy in full Beskar with the Darksaber.
    Maybe he'll force-wield it like Alucard's sword in Castlevania.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-03-07 at 02:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally i think its dumb to do that, the show is Mando/Djin, the story of a space gunslinger, Grogu is his sidekick that was supossed to be a small gimick that would go away at season 2, i bet they got pressured to keep him because he sells well
    It is strange how many think it was pressure to keep Grogu and that he was really supposed to leave the show. Is their some rage-bait influencer sharing that rumor? Production for Season 3 started shortly after filming for Season 2 ended. Book even tricked cast and crew into thinking they were filming season 3 for the first two weeks.

They knew Grogu was going to be kept. The character wasn't going anywhere. The producers like the idea of weaving characters into different shows to connect and move the story forward beyond just their main show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Even if Grogu makes it to full size there's no way he's wielding the darksaber in those tiny paws. Even Yoda had a shrunk down saber hilt, so I'm not sure the future ends with the little green guy in full Beskar with the Darksaber.
    An interview with Mr. Favreau implies that Mandalorians developed technology to combat the Jedi and that Grogu seems to have the potential to bridge the two cultures and walk in both worlds. He might not get the current Darksaber but it does sound like he could get his own version of the melding of the two cultures.

https://www.gamesradar.com/jon-favre...ar-wars-grogu/
    Last edited by rhorle; 2023-03-07 at 03:16 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Grogu with gadgets can be made as significant as Yoda because the story hasn't been written yet. Why can't Grogu start a "new force relgion" that blends force and gadgets using a mandalorian-esque creed to guide them? That is the basics of how the Jedi and Sith started as a "religion". Why is that impossible to do just because he has gadgets?
    Mate, submit those brain pukes of yours to Disney. Your visions for SW are being wasted here. We would also like to get rid of you and make you their problem.
    /spit@Blizzard

Not most. Only a few kernels of truth that you twist to make a point that isn't backed up. In the OT only three main characters were Jedi and two Sith. Yet you had other main characters that were not. Disney+ hasn't deviated from any formula with characters in Star Wars. There has always been non-force and force users that are important to moving the story further.

People didn't call him Baby Yoda because they thought he would live up to become a Jedi like Yoda. They called him baby yoda because his name wasn't known and his a a baby of from the same species as Yoda.
    You're embellishing the roles of the Rebel Alliance and Han Solo. The OT is all about Luke's battle with Vader and ultimately, The Emperor. The rest is fluff. Luke alone destroyed the first Death Star. Luke alone turned Vader back who destroyed The Emperor, the head of the snake of The Empire, whom without, and the sequel trilogy proved it, was nothing. Moving the story forward and being the main protagonist are different things. I never debated that. In your mind, Grogu as a gadget force wielder can be a hero, and sure, he can, on the level of R2 or an Ewok, or something, but the main protagonist as such a character, he will not. Jedi Master Grogu could spearhead a franchise. Your argument is that he can. History has yet to prove otherwise. There have been many whacky, endearing supporting heroes like Jar Jar. If you want Grogu to be that type of character, he very well might be, but I find that uninspiring and boring for a character once hailed the second coming of Yoda in everything including name.

You can't know for sure that everyone that called him Baby Yoda didn't think he wouldn't become a cool Jedi Knight unless you can read minds anymore than I can say everyone who did thought so, but there is enough evidence to surmise that perhaps at least a portion of fans thought Grogu would become a Jedi Knight. The writers themselves did, having set it up, even if it was a red herring, for now (?) We shall see.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well there is also a running theory that the 'Mandalorian' of the show will retroactively apply to Grogu once this series plays out. The story follows Din, but like Rise of Skywalker, the namesake of the series might be regarding the next generation.
    Having a puppet/cgi character as the main focus of the show is kinda difficult and, imho, expensive.

While that theory is nice, the logistics around it makes it bordering to impossible to happen/execute (well, maybe as a final episode, but never continued on its own).
    /spit@Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You're embellishing the roles of the Rebel Alliance and Han Solo.
    I am not. Even in the Legends EU Han Solo was a major character. Han was still a major character of the OT and enabled most of the story to happen. Luke didn't destroy the death star alone since you know Han stopped luke from being blown up.

Jedi Master Grogu or Mandalorian Grogu can equally be a spearhead for the franchise. Jedi isn't the only thing as the popularity of the Mandalorian indicates. You know the character that is the face of franchise recently. You keep saying things are in my mind when it is all projection from yours. You keep trying to desperatly claim that your idea is reality and the only possibility. History has already proven otherwise since plenty of non-jedi characters have become popular in Star Wars. Including Boba Fett that was just a side character until fans elevated him to a greater status in the IP. Most of the recently acclaimed things from Star Wars have been light on the Jedi stuff. Rogue One, Andor, The Mandalorian.

Again the character never hailed the second coming of Yoda in everything. People were just wildly speculating because it was a new character but very little of that was confirmed to be the case.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I am not. Even in the Legends EU Han Solo was a major character. Han was still a major character of the OT and enabled most of the story to happen. Luke didn't destroy the death star alone since you know Han stopped luke from being blown up.

Jedi Master Grogu or Mandalorian Grogu can equally be a spearhead for the franchise. Jedi isn't the only thing as the popularity of the Mandalorian indicates. You know the character that is the face of franchise recently. You keep saying things are in my mind when it is all projection from yours. You keep trying to desperatly claim that your idea is reality and the only possibility. History has already proven otherwise since plenty of non-jedi characters have become popular in Star Wars. Including Boba Fett that was just a side character until fans elevated him to a greater status in the IP. Most of the recently acclaimed things from Star Wars have been light on the Jedi stuff. Rogue One, Andor, The Mandalorian.

Again the character never hailed the second coming of Yoda in everything. People were just wildly speculating because it was a new character but very little of that was confirmed to be the case.
    You keep moving goal posts and repeating things I have not said. I acknowledged Grogu in his comic relief role can be a great supporting hero, something you reiterated citing examples of other supporting characters in the same vein like Ewoks, Boba Fett, and Han Solo. They all SUPPORT the MAIN character, who most of the time was a Jedi, most recently, barring a few exceptions. In all three trilogies, the main heroes were Jedi, with non Jedi-support. In the OT, the main hero was a Jedi, with non-Jedi support characters. Rogue One, Andor, Mandalorian, and Book of Boba Fett are the first movie/shows with non-Jedi main characters. We also had the Obi-Wan show which clearly had a Jedi main hero, and the upcoming Ahsoka project. Jedi still dominate the main protagonist slot, even after the Rey character nearly destroyed it.

In your mind, the Grogu character perhaps was never going to be a Jedi, but you can't speak for everyone, only your own tastes. We're all wildly speculating, you don't know what's in store more than anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Having a puppet/cgi character as the main focus of the show is kinda difficult and, imho, expensive.
    No one is saying the show would change any focus. Like I said, it would be a title being applied to Grogu in retrospect. Like, after the series is completely done, and Din bites the dust, and the title of 'Mandalorian' lives on with Grogu. In retrospect, the series may be considered Grogu's origin story into becoming a Mandalorian, lived through the eyes of Din Djarin.

While that theory is nice, the logistics around it makes it bordering to impossible to happen/execute (well, maybe as a final episode, but never continued on its own).
    Nothing would change. I'm literally saying this may be something that is retroactively applicable once the series is said and done; like how the title of Rise of Skywalker wasn't about Luke or Leia at all, it ended up being a title retroactively applied to Rey.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-03-07 at 04:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I understand you're being facetious, but regardless of the name, the movie was a box office success, and the movie would still be as terrible if it had any other name. The name has nothing to do with 'success'.
    Im not being facetious im being sarcastic, that what the /s at the end meant, it does not matter if made good numbers it was a dumpster fire highly criticized, that almost killed the franchise.

We will only know in retrospect, after the series is over, if the creators decide to spill the beans on what they planned from the beginning.

Even if the show is retroactively naming Grogu, nothing about the show has to change. It would still be a space-western following the adventures of Din Djarin. The only point I'm making is that Grogu might be the show's namesake. He was the macguffin of the first two seasons of the show; and we will see whether he continues to be in this season. Like how the title of 'The Lord of the Rings' has nothing to do with referring to the main characters; it's referring to the big bad of the series, Sauron.

I don't think they'll change pace on the show if it retroactively is about Grogu. He's already been a focus of the show, and the lynchpin to Din's sacrifices and character growth throughout the series.
    What they can do is make then both mandalorian, or that he become one towards the end, not that "yuh guys he was the mandolarian all along, not Din" like with the skywalker bullshit.

I do think the logistics of him becoming one is going to be a mess, cause as cute people can think he would be with a tiny helmet, he would not remove, and people would be pissed about it pretty soon.

I do hope they don't shift attention and goals and keep with the gunslinger trope, i already think the show premise went down after he stopped taking the jobs

15+ Year Old Account
    You keep moving goal posts and repeating things I have not said.
    I haven't moved any goal posts. Luke wasn't even a Jedi until Return. Before he finished his training with Yoda he was just a force user the same as Grogu. Ahsoka also is no longer a Jedi. Jedi is a specific set of believes and rituals and not all force users.

You are also inventing stuff. I never said that Grogu was never going to be a Jedi. Only that he was never Yoda 2.0 that could only ever be the same as the first Yoda. That was you that made that claim. This isn't speculation either because we are talking about past events because "baby yoda" has already been revealed and established as a character.

- - - Updated - - -

What they can do is make then both mandalorian, or that he become one towards the end, not that "yuh guys he was the mandolarian all along, not Din" like with the skywalker bullshit.
    The show title, The Mandalorian, could refer to Grogu and not Din. I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain that there is more than one Mandalorian, right?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2023-03-07 at 04:56 AM.

I do think the logistics of him becoming one is going to be a mess, cause as cute people can think he would be with a tiny helmet, he would not remove, and people would be pissed about it pretty soon.

I do hope they don't shift attention and goals and keep with the gunslinger trope, i already think the show premise went down after he stopped taking the jobs
    I mostly agree here.

I don't think they're gonna shift gears, the setting is already pretty well locked in, even if they have the odd Jedi/Force user appearance in the show.

Grogu is pretty much a key in to become a true foundling. As for the Helmet thing... I have a feeling the entire 'Way' will be changed by the end of the series, and the rules will be relaxed to accomodate for Din's own personal changes in his own faith.

We're just at the beginning of this journey. Even by the end of the series, Grogu would age so slowly he'd still be pretty darn young.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my statements are backed by lore. Most protagonists of Star Wars have been Jedi. Who have been Star Wars' main leading protagonists?

Luke, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Rei, and Jyn. From the shows, Mando, Boba and Andor. With the popularity of Mandalorian, and the freedom Disney+ series have to deviate from the tried and true formula, they will begin introducing more non-Jedi heroes going forward, but that's irrelevant to my belief that Season 3's direction is looking uninspired by simply pairing The Child back with Mando. My criticism of it isn't going to change because of it unless it was all a red herring to set Grogu up to return to the path of the Jedi. I don't care for cute and cuddly child sidekick Grogu, my only interest in the character lies in his potential to be a Jedi, so much so for the longest, he was known as "baby Yoda" because people expected him to eventually become a Jedi like Yoda. No other path for the character interests me, especially not your "Grogu starting his own religion of gadgets and Force" fanfiction. Somehow, that sounds even worse than the sequel trilogy.
    He was known as baby yoda because we had literally nothing else to call him without knowing his name. yodas species doesn't have an official name yet and it mostly refereed to as .... yodas species.... hence.... baby yoda....

- - - Updated - - -

You're embellishing the roles of the Rebel Alliance and Han Solo. The OT is all about Luke's battle with Vader and ultimately, The Emperor. The rest is fluff. Luke alone destroyed the first Death Star. Luke alone turned Vader back who destroyed The Emperor, the head of the snake of The Empire, whom without, and the sequel trilogy proved it, was nothing. Moving the story forward and being the main protagonist are different things. I never debated that. In your mind, Grogu as a gadget force wielder can be a hero, and sure, he can, on the level of R2 or an Ewok, or something, but the main protagonist as such a character, he will not. Jedi Master Grogu could spearhead a franchise. Your argument is that he can. History has yet to prove otherwise. There have been many whacky, endearing supporting heroes like Jar Jar. If you want Grogu to be that type of character, he very well might be, but I find that uninspiring and boring for a character once hailed the second coming of Yoda in everything including name.

You can't know for sure that everyone that called him Baby Yoda didn't think he wouldn't become a cool Jedi Knight unless you can read minds anymore than I can say everyone who did thought so, but there is enough evidence to surmise that perhaps at least a portion of fans thought Grogu would become a Jedi Knight. The writers themselves did, having set it up, even if it was a red herring, for now (?) We shall see.

dam that backpeddle.......

he was known as "baby Yoda" because people expected him to eventually become a Jedi like Yoda.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I quoted the wrong post, that is more directed at his argument of wanting IG-11 because he will protect grogu.
    Pretty sure that's what's implied by him stating he trusts the droid. He trusts the droid to protect both him and Grogu, to watch their back when he can't do it by himself. Does it really need to be explicitly stated that he wants the droid to specifically and only protect Grogu?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Pretty sure that's what's implied by him stating he trusts the droid. He trusts the droid to protect both him and Grogu, to watch their back when he can't do it by himself. Does it really need to be explicitly stated that he wants the droid to specifically and only protect Grogu?
    That is not the argument I am making. I'm saying there are multiple reasons. Someone else is saying that is the main/only reason.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That is not the argument I am making. I'm saying there are multiple reasons. Someone else is saying that is the main/only reason.
    It is a main reason why he wants that specific droid.

10+ Year Old Account

IG-11 is an incredible assassin which has been reprogrammed to protect.

Case Closed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Case Closed.
    Watching that makes me believe the main reason he trusts this droid is because of who reprogrammed it.....

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No one is saying the show would change any focus. Like I said, it would be a title being applied to Grogu in retrospect. Like, after the series is completely done, and Din bites the dust, and the title of 'Mandalorian' lives on with Grogu. In retrospect, the series may be considered Grogu's origin story into becoming a Mandalorian, lived through the eyes of Din Djarin.

Nothing would change. I'm literally saying this may be something that is retroactively applicable once the series is said and done; like how the title of Rise of Skywalker wasn't about Luke or Leia at all, it ended up being a title retroactively applied to Rey.
    Yeah i get what you sayin', but there's actually no meaning then. The show is already (and always will be) about Din Djarrin and his foundling. If Grogu ever becomes a Mandalorian (in the sense that he takes on the Creed, the Way and the Helmet) it would just make for a nice series ending, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Case Closed.
    Not so much.

1. Din Djarrin specifically asks High Magistrate Karga for IG-11 to help him explore Mandalore.
    2. As explicitly shown (Terminator Vibes) and told in S3E1, IG-11 has reverted to his old Bounty Hunter programming with the command to "Terminate Asset" (which is Grogu).

Case reopened and dismissed.
    /spit@Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    1. Din Djarrin specifically asks High Magistrate Karga for IG-11 to help him explore Mandalore.
    2. As explicitly shown (Terminator Vibes) and told in S3E1, IG-11 has reverted to his old Bounty Hunter programming with the command to "Terminate Asset" (which is Grogu).
    IG-11 had two base commands on the show. Bounty Hunter and Nurse. If Mando is not interested in the Bounty Hunter programing then he needs a memory circuit to restore the Nurse programing. I don't know why a few of you are fighting against this so much. Is it just because you all forgot about Season 1 and don't want to say you were wrong?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2023-03-07 at 11:25 PM.

Protecting Grogu as a main reason is still assumed at this point. It wasn't explicitly stated, and yes it would need to be stated in the show to remove ambiguity. From what the show has told us, Mandalore is potentially contaminated, and Din wants IG-11 specifically to help him explore Mandalore. We don't even know if he will take Grogu there yet, we're merely assuming that he would be.