One-Punch Man x Overwatch 2 Event

One-Punch Man x Overwatch 2 Event
    One-Punch Man x Overwatch 2 Event is now live!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Blizzard and One-Punch Man are teaming up to bring the first major collaboration to Overwatch 2! Starting tomorrow, March 7, and going through April 6, you’ll be able to collect all-new skins celebrating One-Punch Man characters and take part in our One-Punch Man event challenges to nab cool rewards, including an exclusive FREE Legendary Mumen Rider-Soldier: 76 skin.

Heroes Celebrating Heroes

When bringing the universe of One-Punch Man to Overwatch 2, we wanted to do it in a way that shows our heroes celebrating Saitama and his friends. Looking at the hero roster, Doomfist was a perfect fit for donning the iconic yellow suit and white cape, capturing the signature trademark of Saitama’s ability to defeat any enemy in a single punch!

Genji also gets a whole new look, going from cybernetic ninja to the cybernetic brawler, Genos! And, when it came to bringing the powerful psychic, Terrible Tornado to life, we knew no other Overwatch 2 hero could match her personality better than Kiriko!

Each of these three One-Punch Man skins will be offered as part of special store bundles that include other new One-Punch Man cosmetics, and all three bundles will be offered together at a discount.

New Challenges & Earnable Rewards

Players will be able to punch their way through challenges throughout this event! Queue up into any Unranked, Competitive, or Arcade game mode and earn up to six different free rewards, including the Legendary Mumen Rider-Soldier: 76 skin. Here’s the breakdown for the rewards you can earn:

• 4 games played – Saitama’s Fist Weapon Charm
    • 8 games played – Mumen Rider Name Card
    • 12 games played – Cyclist of Justice Victory Pose for Soldier: 76
    • 16 games played – Justice Crash Highlight Intro for Soldier: 76
    • 20 games played – Boros Weapon Charm
    • 24 games played – Legendary Mumen Rider-Soldier: 76 skin

Tune into Twitch for more!

Tune in tomorrow, March 7 at 10:55 A.M. PST for our world-premiere reveal trailer and a special Overwatch 2 Dev Chat Live stream featuring Game Director Aaron Keller, Art Director Dion Rogers, and Senior Artist Rakan Khamash as they dive into the process of making these incredible skins.

Be sure to pick up your favorite One-Punch Man skins from the in-game shop and earn the themed collectibles from our event challenges before the event ends on April 6!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2023-03-08 at 12:10 AM.

Mumen rider! lol thats so funny

The pshychic power short gal...is usually more naked in the leg department. Disappointed (>_<)''

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Blizzard trying to cater OW2 to the weebs is just a new low point.

They weren't interested in the gameplay before, it's unlikely they will be now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post

Calling One Punch Man "catering to weebs" is about the same as calling using DBZ catering to weebs. This isn't some cult anime, it's one of the mainstream ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Literally half the hair styles in WoW are essentially "Anime Hair."
    Outside of the United States origins for heroes, Japan is tied with Australia for 2nd in Overwatch (or outright second if you assign Roadhog to New Zealand).
    I am pretty certain they have been riding that Weeb train for a while now.

Also, this isn't even getting into that there is a large overlap of people who watch anime and play video games.

And this isn't even getting into what Jester Joe has said that it is One Punch Man, it isn't some underground hit. I mean there are popular anime that are less known than One Punch Man. If anything, you could argue that the collab is more about the meme-ness that is One Punch Man, but weeb? Seriously, this is hardly weeb territory here.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I'm not interested in the free skin and certainly not going to buy the overpriced store-ones, but this event is nice in that it opens the franchise to collaborations with non-company brands. Wonder what else we'll be seeing in the future.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Mumen rider! lol thats so funny

The pshychic power short gal...is usually more naked in the leg department. Disappointed (>_<)''
    California.

....I wonder if you said that when they had the Sentai skins for Genji....

the free skin is the ugliest one ( soldier) and the most advertised skin doomfist will probably be only available as a 40$ bundle in the shop

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Calling One Punch Man "catering to weebs" is about the same as calling using DBZ catering to weebs. This isn't some cult anime, it's one of the mainstream ones.
    My point still remains: They weren't interested in the gameplay before, so why would they now? It's still the same gameplay. Look at Genji's sentai skins. No noticeable difference in the amount he was played before or after, and same for Overwatch as a whole.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    My point still remains: They weren't interested in the gameplay before, so why would they now? It's still the same gameplay. Look at Genji's sentai skins. No noticeable difference in the amount he was played before or after, and same for Overwatch as a whole.
    You can make this argument about any game that has cross over skins or collabs.

If people weren't playing Fortnite before the Star Wars, Marvel, or DC skins, why would the play now?

You are completely misunderstanding the point of a collab is often not to get more players, but to get current players to spend money.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

This isn't to bring in some big new audience with no interest in OW but interest in OPM. This is to drive some sales from the existing playerbase that do like OPM and will spend some money on the crossover, while potentially bringing in some folks that were on the edge but might have slightly more interest as a result of this event. Plus for OPM, it introduces some OW players to that property and they may go on to become fans of the show.

If crossovers like this weren't effective moneymaking tools (which is like, the whole reason they're done), they wouldn't continue bothering with them across a ton of games : P

did they just made saitama black ???????

Apex Legends, Call of Duty, Fall Guys. Hell even Fallout 76 to an extent...so many battle pass games give you an incentive to play the season by giving you some or all the currency back to purchase it. Would've been real excited to get these skins if I didn't quit almost immediately after OW2 came out.

Quote Originally Posted by svetlio View Post
    Yeah, blackwashing is fine and dandy, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by svetlio View Post
    No, they made Doomfist cosplay as Saitama. Same with Kiriko, Genji and Soldier, they're all cosplaying rather than being characters from the anime. It was the same with in-company skins like Zarya as Sonya, Torbjörn as Magni etc.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?