Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

I'll be honest I am pretty excited.

I am an old school fan of the 80's turtles cartoon and the old turtles movies. They were my jam back in the day. Since then I kind of just passed over turtles whenever a new iteration came out. I was getting older and every newer reboot or remake was to me a shot at a new audience, be it the 2000's turtles cartoon (and movie) or that Nickelodeon animated turtles show, then there was that weird ass turtles show that was kind of like Teen Titans Go that I heard about, this one is the first one to actually open my eyes and make me think - 'I'll give this a shot'. Outside of video games that have tickled my past nostalgia on the TMNT stuff, as far as movie or TV media goes its been a long time. :P

I love the animation on this, feels very into the Spider-verse, but more smoother, and the comedy might be good. Zoomer comedy is kind of a miss with me a lot, but I tend to laugh at a lot of things as long as its executed well enough. And the fact they are actual kids does make me even more interested.
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-03-07 at 04:55 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    April... Hollywood has Gingerphobia?

As for the turtles, sounded effeminate, talked like 30-year-old men trying to cringe their way through teen characters..

I doubt even pizza can save that movie..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-03-07 at 05:13 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    if you have to google for some og look few even know about n pretend she hasn't been popularized in the comics, tv-series, movies, games etc. as ginger, you do you

This looks like a hard pass.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    if you have to google for some og look few even know about n pretend she hasn't been popularized in the comics, tv-series, movies, games etc. as ginger, you do you
    And if you have to pick a fight in every thread you post in, no one can stop you either.

Ahh yes Velma joined the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...

Why do they have to keep butchering iconic female characters...

Puh, i dont like anything ive seen.

5+ Year Old Account
    April O'Neil is a street reporter...she has to have the stamina to keep up with athletic characters such as mutant ninja turtles, this new Velma, I mean April, looks like she can't run very far at all...

The new April O'Neil tells me more than enough about this show

Uh... no.
    2min was more than enough to see another great classic IP being butchered.
    What a sad times we got dude...

"From permanent Teenager: Seth Rogen"

Damn, acknowledging that man child.

Honestly like this style, courtesy of Spiderverse.

But ew @ Splinter's hair... XD
    Last edited by Daedius; 2023-03-07 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Shame how easily predictable this thread's path was.
    WDYM?
    Things i don't like:
    - Horrible art style (very subjective i admit)
    - This absolutely cringe, 13yo zoomers humour would be enough for me to not watch it
    - You keep saying they sound like a teenagers... i think i watch different video then because they are more like mid 30
    - New April... but her previous iteration sucked ass too
    - WTF is this Splinter hair??

YT likes/dislikes ratio is also not that great...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2023-03-07 at 07:24 PM.

Getting vibes from Rogen's other terribly unfunny animated feature, Sausage Party. Iunno. I have a lot of nostalgia for TMNT but this ain't it. I think I prefer the Bay version to whatever the fuck this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I think the art style is unique, but that's about it.
    It looks AI generated...and not in a good way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the trailer looks hilarious, probably well below my demographic, but I was surprised at what I saw.

I don't care about the race of April O'Neil

I do want to know WHERE IS SHREDDER?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2023-03-07 at 07:56 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It looks AI generated...and not in a good way.
    I certainly didn't say it was good lol, it's certainly 'unique' but an almost uncanny valley kind of unique.

Also, it doesn't matter but the original TMNT in the 80s didn't have April being black lol. You can go back and check the panels where she's sitting next to Baxter (who is black) and was shaded as such in black/white. If they wanted to make April black they probably would've shaded her that way. Also her last name is fucking O'Neil.

All in all that doesn't matter. April has always generally been an athletic build and considering NYC is incredibly diverse, changing what April looks like wouldn't bother me anyway. Her being a chonker I take more issue with than her changing skin color, she's generally a street level reporter that spends most of the comics and early animated series fucking booking it (with such big boobies that even I noticed it when I was like 5 lol).

Teenagers or not they've always had personalities that are beyond essentially what is being portrayed as fucking Tiktokers. Leonardo and Raphael generally never acted like this, and Donatello was always nerdy. Michelangelo acting like this would be absolutely fine because it fits with his OG personality.

TMNT is old and I would bet money the marketing is meant to draw the people who grew up with it and getting their sons/nephews to tag along to introduce them to an old and familiar franchise. This preview doesn't look that great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I certainly didn't say it was good lol, it's certainly 'unique' but an almost uncanny valley kind of unique.
    Yeah, agreed. I like the aesthetic for music videos (see here or here) but it just doesn't work for actual longform animation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I have a lot of nostalgia for TMNT but this ain't it. I think I prefer the Bay version to whatever the fuck this is.
    There's a turtle game on steam called Shredder's Revenge, looks really good

Looks like garbage. Not a fan of the into the spiderverse almost stop motion like animation style. I'd rather just have stop motion.