Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    In his own twitter post.

A small API change had massive ramifications. The code stack is extremely brittle for no good reason.

Will ultimately need a complete rewrite.

Not enough coders left to do the rewrite. The ones with institutional knowledge left already.
    Plus, per me lurking around in software engineering circles occasionally, the general consensus seeming to be that full rewrites rarely, if ever, bring even a fraction of the believed benefits and is basically never worth it. I'm going by the people that actually do this for a living.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MurderedByW...oyee_and_then/

Anyways, if you want to know what Elom is up to now it's publicly shit talking former employees, revealing private medical data about them because he looked up their HR files, and generally being a truly terrible human being as he attacks a disabled former employee for being disabled, despite them still being able to do their job without issue after minor accommodations.

Surely this kind of behavior will continue to attract the best of the best of the best, sir. With honors. And small API changes to the brittle stack won't take the services down for hours at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/business/us-...sj-2023-03-07/

And apparently the FTC is interested in his internal communications regarding business decisions and layoffs. I look forward to Elom throwing another temper tantrum about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    In his own twitter post.

A small API change had massive ramifications. The code stack is extremely brittle for no good reason.

Will ultimately need a complete rewrite.

Not enough coders left to do the rewrite. The ones with institutional knowledge left already.
    This reads like someone who wants to pretend he knows a lot about codin-

Oh right. It is.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    This reads like someone who wants to pretend he knows a lot about codin-

Oh right. It is.
    I feel like Elom is increasingly an example of the walking Dunning-Kruger effect. He's still a smart guy and all, but it seems that he continues to overestimate just how much of an expert he is on seemingly every subject under the sun at this point.

Elon Musk derides disabled ex-Twitter employee after he questioned his layoff

Elon Musk derided a disabled former Twitter employee after the worker said on the social media site that he wasn't sure if he still had a job.

The spat began when Haraldur Thorleifsson, who has muscular dystrophy and relies on a wheelchair, sent a tweet to Musk on Monday asking for clarity about his job status.

Thorleifsson, who lives in Iceland, noted he had lost access to his work computer several days ago, but that Twitter's human resource department hadn't confirmed his employment status. That kicked off a string of tweets between Musk and Thorleifsson, with the billionaire asking Thorleifsson about his role with the company.

After that exchange, Thorleifsson said a Twitter human resources employee emailed him and confirmed that he had been laid off, "which is totally OK and it happens all the time."

"Companies let people go," Thorleifsson wrote. "That's within their rights. They usually tell people about it, but that's seemingly the optional part at Twitter now."

Musk responded to a screenshot of the exchange between himself and Thorleifsson by criticizing the former employee, alleging that the man "did no actual work" and used his disability "as his excuse."
    Another reminder that Musk is a shit stain of a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Elon Musk derides disabled ex-Twitter employee after he questioned his layoff

Another reminder that Musk is a shit stain of a human.
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633253950198624257

Don't worry fam, he's got it. He apologized.

Because apparently he realized speaking to someone like a human being rather than having a public shitfight over Twitter is the professional thing to do.

Also because he probably spoke to his legal team and realized how much shit he was about to get the company in. And maybe realized that maybe antagonizing and firing the few remaining, extremely talented people who are still willing to work at the company might be pretty "hardcore", but it's not exactly a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because apparently he realized speaking to someone like a human being rather than having a public shitfight over Twitter is the professional thing to do.
    Yeah...so how long before I quote this again when Musk does something else? Months? Weeks?

Um, aren't the rules in Europe about letting people go a little different than the US, where apparently workers rights don't exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    BREAKING: $TSLA stock is down billions of dollars today, as the result of concerns that Elon will have to dump more stock to pay the estimated *$100 million* he owes the disabled employee he fired & ridiculed on Twitter for having muscular dystrophy & asking employment status.

CA labor law is pretty specific about not disparing former employees and hurting their chances to find new work. I could only wish an Icelandic court would just award Halli all of it.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Um, aren't the rules in Europe about letting people go a little different than the US, where apparently workers rights don't exist?
    Yep, Musk is fucked. This guy lives in Iceland I think.

So the guy fired is Haraldur Ingi Þorleifsson. If his Wiki page is correct in link its incredible.

Mom died at age 11.
    He suffers from Muscular Dystrophy. Which he is confined in a wheelchair and can only use arms and hands for short periods.

In early 2021, Haraldur sold Ueno to Twitter.[10] In an agreement between him and Twitter, most of the purchase price was paid as salary to maximize the tax he would pay for the sale in Iceland. He chose to pay for tax out of respect to Iceland for the disability benefits he received.[11][12] Per the agreement, he paid the second highest tax of an individual in Iceland in 2021
    In March 2021, Haraldur helped launch a project called Ramp Up Reykjavík, a collaborative venture undertaken by local businesses, labour unions, government ministries, associations, banks, and city officials with the intention of helping local businesses install wheelchair ramps to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.[15][16] After the project's success, a new project called Ramp Up Iceland was started with the intention of building 1,000 ramps around Iceland.[17] After quickly building 300 ramps, the goal was raised to 1,500 ramps by 2026 in November 2022.[18] In December 2022, he was named the Icelandic Person of the Year by RÚV, the Icelandic national broadcaster, as well as Morgunblaðið, and Vísir.is.[19][20]
    If all true this dude is like a Saint in Iceland. I joke I hope he is not a hidden Nazi or something, but looks good for now.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2023-03-08 at 05:57 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So the guy fired is Haraldur Ingi Þorleifsson. If his Wiki page is correct in link its incredible.

Mom died at age 11.
    He suffers from Muscular Dystrophy. Which he is confined in a wheelchair and can only use arms and hands for short periods.

If all true this dude is like a Saint in Iceland. I joke I hope he is not a hidden Nazi or something, but looks good for now.
    Given Elom's notorious hatred of PR departments, and by extension publicists, I find it hilarious that he somehow manages to pick literally all of the worst possible fights one can pick. Unprompted.

This whole affair is 100% the definition of, "This could have been an email.", because it literally could have all been addressed via email.

Truly, this is the kind of stable decision making I would want out of the owner and sole policy decision maker of a large social media platform that's been shown to have real world influence. Not someone who would methodically word to lay out clear policies, principles, and standards that can be enforced as effectively and consistently as possible. Not someone who would be transparent with the public as the company navigates complex social and political issues that are brand-new and it makes mistakes along the way in order to garner trust and engender goodwill.

No. Apparently it's this fuckin guy charging you $8 a month for a blue checkmark that serves you even more tailored ads. Truly, Elom is the Hindenburg of marketing geniuses. The airship, not the person.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. Apparently it's this fuckin guy charging you $8 a month for a blue checkmark that serves you even more tailored ads. Truly, Elom is the Hindenburg of marketing geniuses. The airship, not the person.
    It's probably going to take a very very long time, but watching Elom go down in flames will be the most satisfying thing ever.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Given Elom's notorious hatred of PR departments, and by extension publicists, I find it hilarious that he somehow manages to pick literally all of the worst possible fights one can pick. Unprompted.

This whole affair is 100% the definition of, "This could have been an email.", because it literally could have all been addressed via email.

Truly, this is the kind of stable decision making I would want out of the owner and sole policy decision maker of a large social media platform that's been shown to have real world influence. Not someone who would methodically word to lay out clear policies, principles, and standards that can be enforced as effectively and consistently as possible. Not someone who would be transparent with the public as the company navigates complex social and political issues that are brand-new and it makes mistakes along the way in order to garner trust and engender goodwill.

I'd go for the person, look him up, the airship didn't create misery for millions...

Why did I click that....why did I read that...Oh god.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    Why did I click that....why did I read that...Oh god.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633253950198624257

Also because he probably spoke to his legal team and realized how much shit he was about to get the company in. And maybe realized that maybe antagonizing and firing the few remaining, extremely talented people who are still willing to work at the company might be pretty "hardcore", but it's not exactly a good idea.
    Well, also, according to journalists looking into this, firing said disabled employee would force Elom to do good on the contract clause that says that upon his firing from Twitter, said disabled employee get the amount remaining from his 100~ million USD sale of his company to Twitter.

I don't think Elom can afford that. He can't afford to pay rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    It's probably going to take a very very long time, but watching Elom go down in flames will be the most satisfying thing ever.
    His reputation is already down the drain doubt he can recover from setting himself on fire like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, also, according to journalists looking into this, firing said disabled employee would force Elom to do good on the contract clause that says that upon his firing from Twitter, said disabled employee get the amount remaining from his 100~ million USD sale of his company to Twitter.

I believe he is already being sued by disabled employees of twitter he fired for discrimination, there's no way these tweets don't get used as evidence against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to apologize to Halli for my misunderstanding of his situation. It was based on things I was told that were untrue or, in some cases, true, but not meaningful
    See, it wasn't that Musk was a horrible human being. It was a misunderstanding. He misunderstood. He was told things.

How much money does a full set of victim cards cost?

My favorite bit of this, written by the man who just paid $44B for Twitter -

Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet.
    R
    O
    F
    L

Apparently, there were four Twitter employees that, based on the financial analysis for the layoff, he was told not to fire because their severance packages were very large. That person was one of them. He ended up firing all four.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2023-03-08 at 05:33 PM.