Page 1 of 2
LastLast

In Development: Embers of Neltharion and Tier Set Previews

In Development: Embers of Neltharion and Tier Set Previews
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The stage is set for more adventures within the Forbidden Reach in the 10.0.7 content update. But much more is taking shape beyond those island shores as we delve deeper into the Dragon Isles with the next content update—Embers of Neltharion.

New Zone: Zaralek Cavern

Gather your courage as you venture into this mysterious underground cavern where you’ll explore, undertake new quests, meet intriguing new denizens, and experience new Dragonriding updates. Players will also encounter new rare and elite creatures and claim new treasures.

Deep beneath the Obsidian Citadel from which Neltharion once defended the Dragon Isles lies a vast hidden laboratory where the Earth-Warder conducted experiments... forbidden practices he wanted to conceal from the other Aspects. Within these halls lies the shadow chamber from which Neltharion first communed with the Old Gods, walking a path that would one day lead to his transformation into Deathwing.

While Raszageth has been defeated, the Primalists carry on in their bid to unravel all the Titans have wrought and must forge new alliances–or rekindle old ones. As the heroes of Azeroth pursue enemies into the dangers of Zaralek Cavern, they are aided by the local inhabitants found under the Dragon Isles — the molefolk known as Niffen and the Drogbar. They may not know much of the surface wars, but their knowledge of the underground is key to players and their allies finding their footing within.

New Raid Dungeon: Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible

Breach Neltharion’s secret laboratory hidden within Zaralek Cavern. It is here that he created the dracthyr and ultimately succumbed to the whispers of the Old Gods and their corruption.

Players will face nine new raid bosses in an effort to thwart the incarnates as well as Scalecommander Sarkareth, whose forces seek to claim the legacy of the dracthyr.

Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will release simultaneously, and new class sets will be available to earn within this truly epic new raid dungeon.

New Rewards: Tier Sets

Hunter (Heroic), Monk, Demon Hunter, and Evoker

Druid, Warrior (Heroic), and Shaman

Mage (Mythic), Rogue (Mythic), and Warlock (Elite PvP)

Death Knight, Priest, and Paladin

More Dragonriding

New traits, glyphs, and races will become available as you ride your drake through Zaralek Cavern and a new mount—the Winding Slitherdrake—can be earned along with its customizations as you continue your journey.

Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+

Dragonflight Season 2 adds the remaining Dragonflight dungeons along with additional dungeons from previous expansions to the Mythic+ rotation, including:

• Brackenhide Hollow
    • Halls of Infusion
    • Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
    • Neltharus
    • Freehold, Battle for Azeroth
    • The Underrot, Battle for Azeroth
    • Vortex Pinnacle, Cataclysm
    • Neltharion’s Lair, Legion

New seasonal affixes are in development and will be available for testing later as a part of the PTR cycle.

There’s more to come as we enter the next phase of development for Dragonflight. Keep an eye on the official World of Warcraft news site for more details.
    Last edited by chaud; 2023-03-08 at 06:23 PM.

All of the tier sets look horrible except warrior and paladin. Truly it is the patch of the paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they all look good.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    All of the tier sets look horrible except warrior and paladin. Truly it is the patch of the paladins.
    Personally I really don't like the warrior. Priest, Mage, and Paladin for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Personally I really don't like the warrior. Priest, Mage, and Paladin for me.
    Same for me.

And both me and My wife thought druid and shaman are switched at first sight, shamans mail armor scales are visible but the look should be reversed imo.
    My Shadowy Priest: Daernan
    My DK tank: Pupuna

The sets look awful, and why do they all look pretty much like plate/heavy armour?

Blizzards art team carries the company again. Hope the devs creates set bonuses just as good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blech, hate Neltharion's Lair. Everything else sounds pretty great. That is an extremely death knight looking death knight set.

Love the look of this underground zone, can't wait to see the new raid, very much want the slitherdrake.

that druid set is amazing.
    leaves woven into fabric, with modern fidelity; almost bare chest; wooden gloves and boots, as if imitating a keeper of the grove, also implemented in wc3r; hidden face; shiny runestones with moon symbols on top.
    reminds me of the original druid art.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wait a shaman set that looks kind of cool? What madness is this!?

I chuckled at the human Monk but damn, the Druid looks awesome !

Glad we're getting away from all tier sets being made with the same palette.

Remember when you could tell the armor type of a class based on its set?

Quote Originally Posted by Palemoon View Post
    You mean you can't???
    What you on about mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Underrot Sucks why bring that crap place back.

I mean the only ones you could mistake are Paladin and Priest, or maybe Hunter and Evoker. The rest is clearly distinguishable.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I see some twists and spins on old armor/class sets and I couldn't have done it any better myself. Even if it's just the high poly count, some of those sets look sick!

Underground snek and dragon labs, gonna be fun to explore!
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2023-03-09 at 01:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    The Underrot Sucks why bring that crap place back.
    LOL!! I said something similar when i saw underrot was part of the pool

How can you not? The only set that is not immediatly identifiable is warrior. And warriors are really generic anyway. But as it doesn't fit any other plate wearer it has to be warrior.

Priest is a bit to heavy and COULD be paladin maybe. Everything else is immediatly identifiable.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Some pretty decent sets, though a handful would look way better without the helmet. Hard to say which is the "worst" of this bunch. Overall, I like them.