Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just FML!

Now remember the new law signed by Biden only protected if you were married in another state and moved to a state; the state must recognize. So this law can be legal I believe.

On my phone and quick skimmed it but love that good ole "I can discriminate based on my religion". We really must take a look at religious encroachment.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

republicans are really good at the motte and bailey strategy
    they point to some rare obviously objectionable thing done on the left and say see!
    then when its time to legislate just turn around and overturn rights that werent objectionable like abortion and gay marriage
    but dems make their job easier by not taking a stand on the issue where the public is on things like affirming care for under 18s

https://apnews.com/article/nashville...f7861740a6962b

Republican lawmakers and Tennessee’s governor signed off Thursday on cutting Democratic-leaning Nashville’s metro council in half, a move that follows the council’s rejection of efforts to host the 2024 Republican National Convention in Music City.

Gov. Bill Lee signed the proposal into law a little less than an hour after the Senate voted to shrink Nashville’s 40-member council. The Republican didn’t issue a statement or warning, but he had previously said that generally he supported council sizes smaller than Nashville’s.

The move drew an immediate outcry and is expected to spark legal challenges. Nashville Mayor John Cooper’s administration and others say the change will throw this year’s council elections into chaos, spurring the need to redraw districts after more than 40 candidates already launched campaigns.

“This attack on the Constitutional rights of Metro and the people who live here is very dangerous. It serves the interests of no one,” said Wally Dietz, Nashville’s law director.
    Republicans really hate democracy. In case there's anyone curious about how Republicans justify this -

“Conventional wisdom for the past four decades has been that smaller group sizes tend to make better decisions and this is the largest council that we see,” said Republican Sen. Adam Lowe of Calhoun. ”...There’s a reason why we’re judged by 12 of our peers in a jury and there’s a reason, I think, why Christ walked with 12 of his disciples.”
    Conventional wisdom it is not, and we're talking about Democracy.

I'll once again note how Republicans seem to continue to do everything possible to rule-by-theocracy in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tennessee another state before I knew of this I would never have visited.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    “Conventional wisdom for the past four decades has been that smaller group sizes tend to make better decisions and this is the largest council that we see,” said Republican Sen. Adam Lowe of Calhoun. ”...There’s a reason why we’re judged by 12 of our peers in a jury and there’s a reason, I think, why Christ walked with 12 of his disciples.”
    In other words. Smaller groups sizes are easier to buy and control.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

...There’s a reason why we’re judged by 12 of our peers in a jury and there’s a reason, I think, why Christ walked with 12 of his disciples.”
    WHAT THE FUCK DOES MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION AND COURT SIZES HAVE TO DO WITH HOW MANY BUDDIES DID JESUS HAVE?

I am shocked by the fact that people just skip the sheer insanity of this statement and the implications of it.

He's literally saying that the Supreme Court is a divinely ordained thing. This is fucking insane.

A 40 person city council is "too big" but a 538 unelected Electoral College is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK DOES MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION AND COURT SIZES HAVE TO DO WITH HOW MANY BUDDIES DID JESUS HAVE?
    Without getting into religion, I'd hope that they'd realize "11" would actually be the preferable number given the actions of that last dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    A 40 person city council is "too big" but a 538 unelected Electoral College is just fine.
    Well yes, of course. The "correct" size is absolute and not contextual, but it's also exactly how many Republicans say it should be which is subject to change based on what they think will benefit them the most.

Without getting into religion, I'd hope that they'd realize "11" would actually be the preferable number given the actions of that last dude.

Well yes, of course. The "correct" size is absolute and not contextual, but it's also exactly how many Republicans say it should be which is subject to change based on what they think will benefit them the most.
    They have much more in common with that last dude though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    They have much more in common with that last dude though.
    Unfortunately not enough where they'd actually do something due to guilt of watching someone else die.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)