Please can you check if they made a mistake and the one they showed as the priest tier set is actually the pala tierset

OK, so I've flown a few laps around the new zone on PTR.

The entrance is admittedly pretty cool, but the zone overall is boring as hell.

It's like they combined the fiery Djarddin areas of the above (the least appealing biome) with a bunch of dark rocks, muted colours, etc. Not even the crystals do anything for the place, as they're all the same darkish green colour.

Major disappointment.

It's the kind of place where you go in, suffer through your dailies for 20 minutes, then fly out with a sigh of relief.

Paladin set looks super badass though.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Please can you check if they made a mistake and the one they showed as the priest tier set is actually the pala tierset
    Not every class has their set available to see on the PTR, though luckily Paladin does. It's the same one you saw already, not the Priest one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    OK, so I've flown a few laps around the new zone on PTR.

The entrance is admittedly pretty cool, but the zone overall is boring as hell.

It's like they combined the fiery Djarddin areas of the above (the least appealing biome) with a bunch of dark rocks, muted colours, etc. Not even the crystals do anything for the place, as they're all the same darkish green colour.

Major disappointment.

It's the kind of place where you go in, suffer through your dailies for 20 minutes, then fly out with a sigh of relief.

Paladin set looks super badass though.
    Yeah. They probably should have added more greenery and such.
    Fittingly Minecraft is probably the best example of what underground areas should look like. Especially the underground forests with terraced pools and such.

Still, it's only one patch, and content is still outside that zone so it should be fine.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

there's been an icon dump on mmo-c frontpage. some observations:
    - racial and class weapons, tabards and shields. particularly interesting is that the worgen shield sports a wc2/3 Gilneas symbol. reinforces the trend of reduction of the current theme usage in weapons and armor compared to the Vault and the Sepulcher.
    - scarlet crusade hi res armor elements, such as the iconic winged helmet. trading post, most likely, as is shiny ceremonial panthera set.
    - cosmic void icons - unlike traditional purple/black, they're blue/black. partially confirms that blue hue on drakthyr in the raid is Void influence, and the "silent star" drop from the last boss is probably related to it as well. perhaps hints at overall void aesthetic update, not unlike what they've done to death spells last exp. the main question is do these elements hint at something in this expansion or in the next one?

Character Titles
    %s the Reconciler (New)
    they're doing that on purpose don't they
    Last edited by guro-tchai; 2023-03-09 at 10:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Lol, no they made not a mistake.

In other news, it seems like we *might* get that proto Deathwing as a mount!

https://icons.wowdb.com/ptr/large/in...107c.jpg?48480

Also, there are some icons for class specific 1h items listened .... suspicious!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...3#post54062863

Season 2 pvp mounts seems to be a snail aswell ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Potentially HUGE spoilers for an upcoming zone.

https://twitter.com/slothyjam/status...xvHZHFljvN8ivg

emeralddreamoutdoor

I must be the only one who likes dark zones...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

https://twitter.com/slothyjam/status...xvHZHFljvN8ivg

emeralddreamoutdoor
    Lets pretend we didnt see anything to prevent changes !!!!!

Ironforge and Forsaken tabards are getting revamped versions, including a NEW logo option for Forsaken with a skull. I hope this isn't just trading post.

Love that there new stuff like forsaken, ironforged tabards, scarlet crusade armor, worgen and dwarf shields ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I don't hate them either but I think on a psychological level colorful zones just makes the light bulbs go on..in a sense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Fittingly Minecraft is probably the best example of what underground areas should look like. Especially the underground forests with terraced pools and such.
    In that connection, I actually conceptualized some zones for an Azjol-Nerub expansion some time ago. I think that the more exotic and aesthetically-pleasing elements of the deep underground are the sort of thing that should be emphasized—bioluminesent fungi is one of the things that comes to mind. There's actually one zone – Naz'Anak, from Wrath of the Lich King – which I think does this exceptionally well.

This sort of zone is what I think a good underground location ought to look like—exotic, a little alien, and designed to be pleasing to the senses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Ah-hah, about time, isn't it?

I really doubt that world tree is growing in Dragon Isles if we're getting part of the Dream. Maybe that area is used to portal is in when we fly over?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like variety, so only potential problem for me are potential similarities between S1 and S2 raids. If people were in charge, every zone would be Whimsyshire and we would be vomit rainbows in few years.

And very likely one of patches will focus on that western Ohn'ahran arena and Emerald Dream, so we will get that type of zone as well.

Checking out the new zone, it looks pretty sick to be honest.
    Also it's way, way bigger than Korthia lol
    Last edited by Gurahk; 2023-03-09 at 11:56 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Checking out the new zone, it looks pretty sick to be honest.
    Also it's way, way bigger than Korthia lol
    Have to be, small zones make sense only if there is no flying, which just won't happen this expac. But there is something similar to Korthia - you will be able to get to rare before it dies, unlike ZM for regular flying or Dragon Isles for dragonriding.

Flying from north to south takes roughly a minute or so at max speed without using surge forward

Man, imagine getting hyped up through a raid and a side story, only to end up as world bosses.
    Two of them are the new world boss. We find the last one in aberrus.

According to the encounter journal the last elder djaradin powers the whole thing with his magma blood that is constantly extracted from him. Hes basically another Ra-den.
    This also opens up other theories why iridikron mentions being interested in the magma that powers aberrus.

Wait so Fyrakk isn't a boss in the raid? Dual boss with the ice one incoming?
    Last edited by Woobels; 2023-03-10 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Wait so Fyrakk isn't a boss in the raid? Dual boss with the ice one incoming?
    If the leaked next zone is legitimate, I can see a dual boss fight of Fyrakk and Vyranoth trying to destroy the Dream