Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you play a primalist dragon race from new cinematic?

Okay.. Raszagath's siblings are out and the new video is showing their new visage forms... wonder if anyone would like a second dragon race basd on the primalists with those sort of themed visages...?

No. They look like someone's deviantart OC, or maybe from League of Legends. They do not fit into Warcraft, and a playerbase of them running around would further dilute the game's aesthetic.

Having another dragon race would be overkill but they look considerably cooler than Dracthyr to me, which is possibly one of the lowest bars to clear to be fair.

Also quite obvious which rigs they are using which makes them look a bit "cheap", imo at least.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2023-03-08 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw, I'm good. Dracthyr is the closest I want to a playable Dragon race. Rather follow the path in a different direction for some other race of the some 20+ races on the community's wish list.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

No. They look like someone's deviantart OC, or maybe from League of Legends. They do not fit into Warcraft, and a playerbase of them running around would further dilute the game's aesthetic.
    Finally someone who notices that they look like they were pulled out of a cartoon show.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Finally someone who notices that they look like they were pulled out of a cartoon show.
    That’s what it is! They reminded me of something and that’s it, Saturday morning cartoons

I rather they fix the current dragon race or they can give us the Vykulls or something that doesn't look like crap.

Newish model appears

-OMG new race confirmed
    Followed by
    -Obviously Furrys

No. I think they are to special or... distinct if you get my meaning.

They would stand out too much between every other race, even drakthyr.
    Also we don't even have a race like that. We only know of 4 characters in game who can use forms like this and they are very very special even for their original race.

There are more than enough established races to pick from. Ogers, Jinju... etc pp

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    To be fair, that's not siginificantly worse than the Mangafied Warhammer rip-offs that's the overall art direction of wow....

I think both the male characters actually look awesome, albeit wildly different. The female, I feel like Blizzard is falling into kind of a pattern of very similar female characters, both in terms of characterization and aesthetic; very full features and beautiful, but painfully generic. Hopefully they can recognize the pattern and avoid it so much with future designs.

Either way, I’d play the shit out of anything resembling the two males. It might be cool to actually see “Primalist” cosmetic options for Shamans, as O think that would be quite fitting. The existing Dracthyr look terrible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    To be fair, that's not siginificantly worse than the Mangafied Warhammer rip-offs that's the overall art direction of wow....
    You think?
    Warhammer at least is grounded in old fashioned fantasy. These... are just cartoon network show characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

They look so... Frumpy lol. The one on the left look like they're empty-headed and going '' duuuuuuuuuuuuuh ''.
    The only one who's even just a little bit okay imo is the guy in the middle, the one on the right just looks very bland and generic.
    The guy in the middle is okay tho, I like his asymmetrical design too which I am a sucker for.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I think both the male characters actually look awesome, albeit wildly different. The female, I feel like Blizzard is falling into kind of a pattern of very similar female characters, both in terms of characterization and aesthetic; very full features and beautiful, but painfully generic. Hopefully they can recognize the pattern and avoid it so much with future designs.

Either way, I’d play the shit out of anything resembling the two males. It might be cool to actually see “Primalist” cosmetic options for Shamans, as O think that would be quite fitting. The existing Dracthyr look terrible, though.
    That's beautiful to you?
    I'd easily by far call the guy on the right the most generic, but I'd probably call the character on the left the ugliest in terms of design.
    Not sure what you mean with '' full features '' either she looks kinda frumpy to me, the guy in the middle is the most exaggerated one in terms of gender.

If anything I'd say the female character would look better if she was more exaggerated in terms of femininity, because at least it'd be something.

Edit: Come to think of it even mr rock man is still another ( I assume ) bald shirtless man even tho he's a rock rofl.
    If there's any trend in WoW it's men being allergic to shirts, even when rock people xD.
    I guess why is he even wearing clothes at all.
    Last edited by Ginnung; 2023-03-10 at 08:22 AM.

I'd play Dracthyr in a heartbeat if I could look like THAT.

Sure they got some anime-villain vibes, but that's okay. Still decent enough design, compared to the scaly twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Okay.. Raszagath's siblings are out and the new video is showing their new visage forms... wonder if anyone would like a second dragon race basd on the primalists with those sort of themed visages...?

don't think it's needed because most people who refused to play dracythr/evoker because of the race or class will find an issue with this

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnung View Post
    They look so... Frumpy lol. The one on the left look like they're empty-headed and going '' duuuuuuuuuuuuuh ''.
    Oh come on, you can pause any video and get a frame that makes anyone look stupid.

If anything I'd say the female character would look better if she was more exaggerated in terms of femininity, because at least it'd be something.
    Oh yes, nothing says 'generic' less like giving a female character big tits.

I honestly don't see the hate, or how she could be 'generic.' Maybe I've missed something in the last few years, but what are the mobs/characters that all look like her?

Because to me, the character's design seems unique, and I really like how she's not got a cloak, but has draped herself with her huge dragon wing.

Why do the Incarnates have Visage forms in the first place?
    I always assumed it was something the titans granted to their dragons to blend in with the mortal races.
    Aren't the incarnates still proto dragons, just empowered with elemental magic?
    I know arcane can grant you illusion, but elemental magic?
    Like, what's the purpose of their forms anyway? Fitting through the door in the cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

They are all completely unique models, so it's not really A race and thus can ever be playable... or they'd have to add 3 different races.

btw. is it just me or does the left one look like the Winter Queen and the middle one like a generic Maldraxxi?

Would be cool maybe that whenever they become a boss u unlock some primalist inspired options for evoker's visage. Similar to what we had in the past with the fire cat for druids or even a rare drop like the dark shaman set from siege

Am i the only one who thinks that they are copies of winter queen, primus and denathrius ?