Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Ironforge and Forsaken tabards are getting revamped versions, including a NEW logo option for Forsaken with a skull. I hope this isn't just trading post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    OK, the lacklustre zone aside, I am pretty hyped about all the things that have been datamined.

While I'm 110% certain a lot of it is for the next few patches, for 11.0, or even things they'll leave to collect dust for a few years before suddenly pulling them out of a sock "when it makes sense" (see the Trading Post stuff from Exile's Reach), it's still real stuff and it does still hint about the future.

Not only a likely 10.2 Emerald Dream zone, but also a ton of stuff for old races and possibly even old zones. For example, they made a new Ironforge Dwarf tabard, and one of those dwarven tanks. Why?

I could see some of that stuff belonging in an updated Mage Tower perhaps, especially the weapons which look inspired by the Legion artifact weapons.

But some of it just reeks future content, either 10.2, 10.3 or 11.0.

The question is just how it connects together.

Will the entire world be revamped?
    Can you guys share a link towards the new IF + Forsaken tabards please?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Very surprised that no one has mentioned yet that Evokers are supposedly getting a new spec in 10.1, or at least there are a bunch of quest indicating that. I think that 10.1 will surprise us yet with many new stuff.
    I find it rather weird that they would hide that fact by not including it on the road map, cause it sure as hell would make some players giddy with excitement. So I'm not getting my hopes up. (The bits about it being a new support "role" sound even more unlikely, but who knows.)

Very surprised that no one has mentioned yet that Evokers are supposedly getting a new spec in 10.1, or at least there are a bunch of quest indicating that. I think that 10.1 will surprise us yet with many new stuff.
    Probably because the speculation by wowhead doesn't have much depth (and their idea is idiotic, you are not going to change the holy trinity in a game after 20 years).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Probably because the speculation by wowhead doesn't have much depth (and their idea is idiotic, you are not going to change the holy trinity in a game after 20 years).
    My exact thoughts. Yet if they were to have the balls to make a change like that... They would have my full support (hehehe).
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

My exact thoughts. Yet if they were to have the balls to make a change like that... They would have my full support (hehehe).
    I am not saying it would not be interesting but I am very much unsure on how much it could work when they have placed so much emphasis on 5man content. If we were back in WoD or before and Raid or Die, yeah a support spec could work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I find it rather weird that they would hide that fact by not including it on the road map, cause it sure as hell would make some players giddy with excitement. So I'm not getting my hopes up. (The bits about it being a new support "role" sound even more unlikely, but who knows.)
    In thinking about it I almost wonder whether it's an April Fool's joke being planned. Evokers log in on April 1st and get a quest taking them to the Forbidden Reach where they are given a free cauldron or something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Can you guys share a link towards the new IF + Forsaken tabards please?
    https://twitter.com/Plagueghoul/stat...53704969060352

Here you go.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's theoretically possible that Evokers get a final spec. Not as a mid-expansion planned surprise, because Blizzard doesn't really operate like that.

But it could be the case that they had three planned and couldn't finish the third on time, and then for story reasons it kind of made sense to introduce it now.

After all, exploring the lore behind the Dracthyr and their creation is a highlight of not only this patch but also of the expansion. I think Blizzard would consider using that story climax as a way to show how they've sort of... figured themselves out, and are no longer "lost".

Let's say it's a buffing spec for fun, then the theme there could be that this was their purpose all along. To uplift others and aid the heroes of Azeroth defeat the Void. But then Deathwing happened somewhere along the line, and they were bereft of their true calling.

Let's take it one step further... what if this is their tank spec? As in, maybe you could dedicate whichever player in the raid to be your "meatbag", and the Evokers simply buff that player infinitely as a way to keep them chunky and tanky?

It might not be the perfect main tank, but perhaps it's a new way to create off-tanks or something. Would certainly help with queue times.

The spec could be themed around Tyr's creation of the Dragon Aspects, almost Titan-inspired. They're given a small portion of Tyr's power to bestow unto others.

I don't know, just having fun with it.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-03-10 at 11:39 AM.

Looks like after lackluster 10.0 tmogs we finally gonna get some good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    That can definitely be the case. Maybe they are gonna try and destroy the Dream from a Cosmic scale, meaning they could use the Dream and fuck around with the Plane of Life also in a way? Though, we'll most definitely stop it before any damage to Azeroth, the Cosmic Domain of Life, or such is caused. I imagine Elune will likely have a part to play also, assuming we do end up exploring more of the Dream in DF, and likely future expacs.

- - - Updated - - -

Could the ancient allies stuff be referring to the Djaradin then, and not the Old Gods?
    I think in the grand cheme the elder djaradin are not that significant, more like a piece of the puzzle. They wield shadowflame which is a combination of void and fire and we know they made a deal with iridikron to fight the aspects when they where some kind of earth giants before.
    Right now i think its even possible that neltarion capturing one of them started his downfall. Maybe after fighting them he wanted to learn more about shadowflame and experimented with it and he found the old gods.
    Or the void did make a deal with both the aspects and primalists so they would win in any case. Hard to say from the first ptr build. Guess we will learn more once voicelines and encounters are fully datamined.

Thanks! I didn't realise they were just icons so far, but it's really interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Thanks! I didn't realise they were just icons so far, but it's really interesting!
    Could also be models AFAIK. It seems like a large patch, and many dataminers sort of gave up and went to bed before it was all finished, I think.

Why are they updating seemingly irrelevant models like the dwarf tank you say? Well, the answer is simple: 11.0 World revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Could also be models AFAIK. It seems like a large patch, and many dataminers sort of gave up and went to bed before it was all finished, I think.
    I read somewhere 10.1 is a 7gb patch

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Notice that on roadmap for 10.2 we have listed OPEN world challenges, not SOLO challenges. Which is interesting, cause I don't think open world challenge is really possible, since you can always throw more people into it.
    They had mentioned something way back when the expansion was first announced about outdoor content and something inspired by micro dungeons. Maybe its possible to have these areas but they are capped at the number of people it will phase at one time.

The racial stuff could easily be trading post, but the dwarf tank is suspicious.

Also the new blood elf and night elf boats have yet to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The racial stuff could easily be trading post, but the dwarf tank is suspicious.

Also the new blood elf and night elf boats have yet to appear.
    Well, that, and about a thousand other updated assets for the old world, which were added but not used over the last few expansions. Almost all of the old stuff is updated by this point, which is what makes is soo strange they never announce a world revamp. All the pieces are in place! Just do it.

Well, that, and about a thousand other updated assets for the old world, which were added but not used over the last few expansions. Almost all of the old stuff is updated by this point, which is what makes is soo strange they never announce a world revamp. All the pieces are in place! Just do it.
    The main issue with a world revamp is the comparative amount of effort that would have to go into such an expansion compared to others—it's a relatively high amount of effort for a dubious amount of reward. Although I'm all for it, I can certainly see why it hasn't come around yet. As for the number of assets, they seem to be interested in doing this sort of thing piecemeal rather than all at once. We also did get some hints re: a new Dwarven race and city, so our good old-fashioned Ironforge Dwarves may become more prominent when the plot gets into a position to focus on the new Dwarven subrace.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The main issue with a world revamp is the comparative amount of effort that would have to go into such an expansion compared to others—it's a relatively high amount of effort for a dubious amount of reward.
    I don't get why most of you always think of Cata style of revamp (especially now when Dragon Isles are perfect for future 10-70 newbie experience). They can revamp any part of old world into 70-80 continent, would cost exactly same resources as regular expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't get why most of you always think of Cata style of revamp (especially now when Dragon Isles are perfect for future 10-70 newbie experience). They can revamp any part of old world into 70-80 continent, would cost exactly same resources as regular expac.
    I mean eventually we are going to run out of places to go so revamping old world may be necessary. I am not certain how the playerbase/fanbase will react to that though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The main issue with a world revamp is the comparative amount of effort that would have to go into such an expansion compared to others—it's a relatively high amount of effort for a dubious amount of reward. Although I'm all for it, I can certainly see why it hasn't come around yet. As for the number of assets, they seem to be interested in doing this sort of thing piecemeal rather than all at once. We also did get some hints re: a new Dwarven race and city, so our good old-fashioned Ironforge Dwarves may become more prominent when the plot gets into a position to focus on the new Dwarven subrace.
    Well, my theory is that they've been slowly re-building EK and KA over the past 3-4 years, gradually adding more remade assets. So that they can release a revamp in time for the 20th anniversary next year.

But we'll see what turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Looks like after lackluster 10.0 tmogs we finally gonna get some good stuff.
    As a Shaman, it's the opposite.
    the 10.1 set looks both over-detailed and boring at the same time.