10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    neymar only plays half a season anyway, hes fucked. PSG could have achieved the same results with young top french players, absolute waste of a club.
    Look at the players they’ve produced it’s bonkers.

Just gonna be a Wrexham fan for the rest of the season I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    BBC's pulled Lineker off MOTD after Tory MP whining.

They complain about footballers getting involved in politics, yet they seem more than happy to put their politics into football.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2023-03-11 at 03:50 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Fuck the BBC. Bootlicking pieces of shit.

opened a can of worms here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liverpool's forwards clearly showing solidarity with Lineker and co by not putting any content forward for Match of the Day tonight.

What he said was true, words like invaders and parasite used.

Cruella saying it's offensive to her because her husband's Jewish.

Just because your husband's Jewish doesn't mean you can't talk like a nazi.

That woman is as scummy as Boris.

I don't like that his job is in danger because of a reasonable tweet. That's why I mainly stay off social media

If he said what he said 10 years ago on twitter it would be swallowed up by the 24 hour news cycle only to be dug up now to cancel him.
    Its a lose lose situation when it comes to free speech,(what he said is 100% justifiable by the by) and if a majority of people were willing to give the BBC a pass in the past for the way they handle situations I think a lot of people are gonna be against the network following this debacle of them showing that its a case of profit before people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    What he said was true, words like invaders and parasite used.

Cruella saying it's offensive to her because her husband's Jewish.

Just because your husband's Jewish doesn't mean you can't talk like a nazi.

That woman is as scummy as Boris.

I don't like that his job is in danger because of a reasonable tweet. That's why I mainly stay off social media
    He'll go to Sky and with Jeff retiring this season, they'll happily pay for him to cover all their football.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    He'll go to Sky and with Jeff retiring this season, they'll happily pay for him to cover all their football.
    Yeah good on him, also hope they take wrighty.

Jonathan pie just put a video out

https://youtu.be/jXqVGtxFppQ

10+ Year Old Account
    So no MotD this weekend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So no MotD this weekend?
    Oh it's on, just it'll run 20 minutes.

No commentary, no match analysis.

Typical Liverpool can only get it up for utd

Does anyone have a motd alternative?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Liverpool's forwards clearly showing solidarity with Lineker and co by not putting any content forward for Match of the Day tonight.
    Saving themselves to get smashed at the Bernabeu in the week.

- - - Updated - - -

Sky have extended highlights of most games, BT play highlights to music through the night.

On the Lineker thing, ironic it’s the right wing free speech advocates demanding he be cancelled. Think the BBC have fucked themselves this week, they do this, have Fiona Bruce defending a wife beater and cancel Attenborough, so everyone is pointing out just how deep the Tory party have infested the place. That said the BBC shitting the bed is exactly what the right want so they can get a total monopoly on the media.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2023-03-11 at 06:57 PM.

Honestly Sky Sports youtube channel is good, you get the important parts of the match by 6pm UK time (An hour after the matches are more or less finished.) so no need to wait on MOTD for the matches. Plus if you watch MOTD you don't have to wait for your teams match.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    On the Lineker thing, ironic it’s the right wing free speech advocates demanding he be cancelled. Think the BBC have fucked themselves this week, they do this, have Fiona Bruce defending a wife beater and cancel Attenborough, so everyone is pointing out just how deep the Tory party have infested the place. That said the BBC shitting the bed is exactly what the right want so they can get a total monopoly on the media.
    Someone on Sky sports news 24 hours ago hit the nail on the head when it comes to "BBC is supposed to be impartial." while doing what they did to Linekar by bringing up.

Alan Sugar
    Piers Morgan
    Andrew Neil
    Jeremy Clarkson

and about 5 more names I can't remember who are working for or were at some point working for the BBC and at the same time either posting right-wing talking points on social media or columns in right-wing newspapers or running a far-right magazine and in which none of them was punished in any way.

Also adding how high-ranking members of the BBC are Tory members or Donors, pointing out how they can't seem to be impartial while being dominated by Conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    snip
    its not really even just that. The BBC has an overtly political funding structure, governance and an elite bias. (look at the royal coverage lol).

Then you have to take into account that the mainstream British press is incredibly right wing, owned and funded by oligarchs and people who work for them are invited on to the BBC every day and treated by the BBC as legitimate representatives of political opinion.

Its because its cheap in the 24 hour newscycle to get on hacks from british rags to provide content. The BBC is becoming more tabloidy, and as a result is less able to inform people about the world. But the BBC has always had ideals that don't match reality.

Anyway, tories ruined football coverage dont vote for them (and they are evil).

corbyn on lbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rbnUKiTRZ4

when he was in charge of labour was the only time ive voted, imagine the position we'd be in if people like chuck hadnt had two votes of no confidence against him right before an election that he nearly won anyway

sorry, i just despise the tories

Isn't UK politics just having a cup of tea and a moan? That would explain brexit.

Red for casemiro was a good season while it lasted lads

10+ Year Old Account
    How that was never handball I've no idea. The referee on the pitch and the one in the VAR room made the story about themselves today.