Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Honestly the only reason I even remember this is because of how much people mention it.
    Their's probably a reason why it gets mentioned and why it wasn't well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Their's probably a reason why it gets mentioned and why it wasn't well received.
    Yes because people love to hate on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    Nightborne have nothing to do with sun, moon or even stars. That race cannot see and connect with it because of hiding under a bubble.
    They have all they want. They hiding in bubble, but still comes outside, they take prisoners out. Isolationalists - yes, but not complitely live outside the world. They even have Menagerie!
    For all cosmic stuff they have astromancy, not a religion as NE, but they still NIGHTborne, not Arcaneborne of something, - so words "under the rays of the moons" is ok. And Suramar is full of moons.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2022-07-29 at 12:58 PM.

It's better than Tyrande and Malfurion
    But is it though? You may have found Val'sharah cringe worthy, but that rleationship had an interesting start in the WotA novel. WoW romantic relationship s are not the best, I have not been interested in a single one.

Not Malfurion/Tyrande
    not Rhonin/Vereesa
    not Alleria/Turalyon
    not Sylvanas/Nathons
    not Lor'themar/Thalyssra
    not Flynn/Matthias
    not Jaina/Kalecgos
    not Jaina/Arthas
    not the Jaina/Thrall shippers
    not Thrall/Aggra

of all those, Tyrande/Illidan, Jaina/Arthas seemed to have some interest.. but as far as romance goes... eek.

THe new ones Lor'themar/Thalyssra, Flynn/Matthias - are substance less, at least the prior ones had something in them, they had struggles, obstacles, or compettion - these new ones are just boring - nowonder everyone is curious about Anduin/Wrathion -cos taht at least might be interesting. Anduin/Talia?.. no.

If only we got a cutscene just of Blood Elves and Nightborne, witnessing the hand of marriage between the two.
    Yeh, not interested. Nor was I interested in Malfurion/Tyrande's wedding - the relationships have no stakes and poor build ups - it feels more l ike trivia, it's good it happens, but it's boring.

Lor'themar/Thalyssra

- - - Updated - - -

You know that’s was not him do you.
    And i think the end of that quest is really heartbreaking. For me who love someone need to take that aside and follow not my loved one, but duty and save a temple and every one in it. Thats a hard thing to do.
    Exactly...at least their relationship has always had stakes in it - and I think horde players didn't like it more because Tyrande wasn't nice to them.. There is no build up to Lor'themar and Thalyssra at all, there is nothing , and all of a sudden there is something. And it is perfect love, - with an inner dialogue.. I mean it's nice they spent sometime to do something - but it's still boring.

It's also nice to have a different sort of material too, like a lvoe story, but again, it's still boring - even the love stories in the dramas you watch have something more.

But it's not limited to Lor'themar and Thalyssra, many of the new relationships in wow are just boring, simple and just thrown in or feel like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Juess who is been salty about Nborne gone full Horde, heh. Not suprised tho.
    They are just the leaders of 2 nations of HORDE elves, its not like they are merging 2 faction of elves to 1. But I hope so, dualism Sun/Moon will be good IMO, we can even have small part of new Silvermoon be more lunar, more Nightbornish. While let some place in Suramar with Blood elf stuff.
    You're making assumptions about me. I'm not finding it boring because I am salty about Nborne gone full horde. You can at least read what I say, rather than just repeat what Tanaria said. You mmight draw more sensible conclusions about my lines you quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Nightborne have nothing to do with sun, moon or even stars. That race cannot see and connect with it because of hiding under a bubble.
    Actually they are connected ot the moon and the stars as night elven stuck,.. even though their transformation happens under the bubble which earns them the name nightborne, they still connect to their kaldorei love otof the stars and moon.

Which is why I find it odd some people are doubtful Nborne priests are Elune worshippers. But there is a possiblity they are some off shoot of it, I dbout we'd have get an explanation.

Blizzard could have made the Nightborne about the deep, dark night - like the full on night half of the night elves which seem to be a moon/star light + night. With Elune and the Kaldorei being the moon and the stars bit - and the night the other side of the goddess (according to them). The Nightborne could've have been based on that.

But the reason they aren't is because they were never created to be a new race, they were created to be night elves who had been warped by addiction and get saved at the end an d restored to their original by the Arcan'dor. trust me, it would have been different if the goal was to make a new night elf or even elven sub race.

You wouldn't pick Suramar for starters, that is intricately tied to the night elves we play, , you wouldn't tie the Nightborne story so close to the night elves either, you wouldn't emphasise the stars or moon like they did, or base them so stringently on kaldorei civilization. Instead you would radically change them when they transition to Nightborne - they won't be revelling or glorifying the stars, Suramar would be altered, with no moon and star symbols nor night elf statues all about, and the culture would be radically different.

The developers themselves said they wanted to show kaldorei civilization, and follow a what if situation of night elves who hadn't given up the arcanne (which already had in the shen'dralar) but gone more addicted into it. They also wanted to give a pristine night elven civilization - this is all waybefore 7.1 is released.

They also tell us, that it si because of our requests that is why Nightborne became a playable sub-race, that was not the original intention at all, and you can see where the story is altered, especially if you tested the original 7.1 and heard the first outlines of what it was going to be, that was later changed when they decided to do allied races and nightborne were going to be one of them.

I mean it's fine as it is, but it would have been interesting to see Nightborne more closer to the fal'dorei and the night, but I accept that is not what they were meant to be or created to be. Which is what a lot of players thought.. but then most players don't read the details, nor do they follow closely the interviews, panels, collector edition materials, etc that reveal all such things clearly. And a few stubborn ones don't listen to those who have followed these things up and point it out to them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Well, not all couple relations need to be in turmoil. Also, "boring" fits them, as they both are two of the most level-headed characters in WoW, so their way to interact with each other makes sense. I think what contributes the most for your feeling of randomness is that all the relation building is mostly told outside the game (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...oment-in-verse) save a few interactions in-game.
    Now that's a fair point. Their love isn't out of character though, it's just not interesting. It pops out of no where, and develops at lightning speed. There is no journey or courting tale, no chance for us to fall in love with them from a dfiferent perspective, as people and lovers rather than leaders.

All of a sudden, there is this short story, and boom, passionate lovers getting married. Yes it's not unbelievable, butit's also not very relatable or interesting.

But my point is also that most wow romances aren't that great either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Juess who is been salty about Nborne gone full Horde, heh. Not suprised tho.
    They are just the leaders of 2 nations of HORDE elves, its not like they are merging 2 faction of elves to 1. But I hope so, dualism Sun/Moon will be good IMO, we can even have small part of new Silvermoon be more lunar, more Nightbornish. While let some place in Suramar with Blood elf stuff.
    a temple dedicated to elune and belore

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    a temple dedicated to elune and belore
    I'm noticing and liking some of the new nightborne characters a lot more interested in biology too. reflecting the nature side of them and the new restored nature/arcane balance.

I have wanted them to bring an arcane skewed druidism and maybe expand the balance druid lore which to be honest has typically been overlooked in favour of ferals and restos despite being the centre of druidism or at least elven druidism.

It perfectly fits a night elf sub race, and i think helps bring further distinction between blood elf and Nightborne - to otherwise they are too similar.

I don't mean for the arcane side of the nightborne to be removed it should be there heavily - it's the side of the night elves they represent most, but chronomagic and the night elven connection to nature is also what greatly distinguishes them from blood elves.. so it's good to see more of this. Liking Rae'ana so far

Bump:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-nig...tharion-331800

New Nightborne features.
    Those golden eyes on the Nightborne skin give off a big "Queen Azshara/Highborne" vibe.
    @Mace - thoughts?

3+ Year Old Account
    at this point they really should just implement a color wheel for hair and eyes
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bump:

New Nightborne features.
    Those golden eyes on the Nightborne skin give off a big "Queen Azshara/Highborne" vibe.
    @Mace - thoughts?
    I couldnt find this thread yeaterday, thanks for reposting it here. The right place.

Like I said, highborne features have now been coverd.

Bump:

New Nightborne features.
    @Mace - thoughts?
    I would love to say these are Highborne /night elf hair colours, signifying the shal'dorei are healing from the mutation of the Nightwell.. but alas.. everyone is getting multiple colours and you can easily dye your hair, so it means nothing.

but it's nice to have some of those hair colours

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I would love to say these are Highborne /night elf hair colours, signifying the shal'dorei are healing from the mutation of the Nightwell.. but alas.. everyone is getting multiple colours and you can easily dye your hair, so it means nothing.

but it's nice to have some of those hair colours
    green eyes are a good addition to warlocks. we could have more felborne customization in the future

green eyes are a good addition to warlocks. we could have more felborne customization in the future
    Maybe we could have option to chose magic hand glow in future? That would be nice.

Hrm, I do wonder if this is meant to suggest that Nightborne can still be born with golden eyes within the context of the lore, or if this is just an extension of our options to be taken for itself. I'm definitely inclined to think of Azshara in connection to Highborne with golden eyes in general.

Did anyone eyes ever glow green from being warlocks?

Green for this race, far more likely suggests cities the nature component of the Arcan'dor and emerald dream magic of nature the Nightborne are tied to.

Surely if it was meant for signifying Felborne, then either only warlocks would have access to it, or a story of fel pollution that manifests as green eyes would have been told like it was for another elf race.

These are not blood elves, nature comes to mind far more before fel. They are more reminisce t of Malfurion's emerald green eyes than fel.

And Nightborne warlocks are not Felborne fyi. We destroyed all of those
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-03-13 at 10:27 PM.

Did anyone eyes ever glow green from being warlocks?

Green for this race, far more likely suggests cities the nature component of the Arcan'dor and emerald dream magic of nature the Nightborne are tied to.

Surely if it was meant for signifying Felborne, then either only warlocks would have access to it, or a story of fel pollution that manifests as green eyes would have been told like it was for another elf race.

These are not blood elves, nature comes to mind far more before fel. They are more reminisce t of Malfurion's emerald green eyes than fel.

And Nightborne warlocks are not Felborne fyi. We destroyed all of those
    Nah, I've spoken to many people within the Nightborne fanbase on various discords and it's been "Oh Felborne.."
    Nightborne can't be Druids.

Green eyes on Nightborne with the green-ish skin and we've got Felborne.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2023-03-13 at 10:40 PM.

Nah, I've spoken to many people within the Nightborne fanbase on various discords and it's been "Oh Felborne.."
    Nightborne can't be Druids.

Green eyes on Nightborne with the green-ish skin and we've got Felborne.
    They don't have to be druids to have green eyes.. and there is no record of being warlock gives you green eyes.

Blood elves have green eyes specifically from the fel glow crystals their entire race using fel from Illidan influenced, but they were also reported to have had natural green eyes. There is lore that points to this.

The only other way elves get green eyes is from nature and the emerald dream and this is shown in Malfurion and night elves and dryads in the Broken Isles where the Nightborne also come from. Nightborne have a strong nature connection through the Arcan'dor - that is in their lore, and is not based on a class, it is the entire race.

That green eyes is from felborne is just fan speculation - just because many say it doesn't mean it is correct. while it could be - there is no record of it. Playable Nightborne, including warlocks ARE NOT felborne - the assumption is entirely wrong while completely ignoring the nature connection AS USUAL.

Even in light of a more logical explanation, it's typical for fans to ignore or miss because first mention comes from a person that assumes it is fel relate, what is disappointing in when another more plausible explanation is given, it is entirely thrown out by people who assume with even less evidence, the first is correct.

Well that is humans for you, wishful thinking over logic, ignoring other evidence presented because they didn't think of it first or don't like it. While this isn't every human being, such attitudes seem far more prevalent on fan forums than in the general populace.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Maybe we could have option to chose magic hand glow in future? That would be nice.

The handglow, tattoo and eyes like this. Also the different outline with the hands, which would alo be welcome for the current purple glow we have.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, picture above me shows some cool options that are unavailable currently.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-03-14 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

The handglow, tattoo and eyes like this. Also the different outline with the hands, which would alo be welcome for the current purple glow we have.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, picture above me shows some cool options that are unavailable currently.
    That shade of green for eyes, as well as green fel tattoos and green glow with a fel glow heritage armour would certainly make Felborne playable, altho it seems something better suited to demon hunter nightborne, as warlocks dont really change magically, and Felborne were specifically fel enhanced for their loyalty, before we slaughtered them all.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That shade of green for eyes, as well as green fel tattoos and green glow with a fel glow heritage armour would certainly make Felborne playable, altho it seems something better suited to demon hunter nightborne, as warlocks dont really change magically, and Felborne were specifically fel enhanced for their loyalty, before we slaughtered them all.
    I would just make it general nightborne option, like any other, but ye it suits the warlock very well.

Its mostly just because they look cool. But if we realy need to, Its fairly easy warrant the option. For example we could have a group of elves who got turned against their will, that fled because people were after them. Have them axplain their side and survival and boom.

I would personally like to see mana hair, better handglow outline and the few missng npc hairstyles before any felborne stuff, but I see why people like them, they are cool looking.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-03-14 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

We currently have bright hands, just add green, the same with tattoos.