7+ Year Old Account
    tbf, the droid thing is not even as glaring as they undermining the entire season 2 and the emotional moments of the finale with book of boba fett.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The real reason of course: it's a western show about bounty hunters in space.
    They clearly don't want a Jedi with lightsaber show, no matter how heavy the light of the saber is.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Really liked the second episode.
    Kind of confused why the Droid thing was such a huge part of the first episode, and suddenly wasn't a big hurdle to get past.
    But I guess he did get help finding the mines. I really like Bo-Katan, cool character.
    And Kate Sackoff is as lovely as ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not all members of the species talks like Yoda. We see Yaddle speak in Tales of the Jedi on Disney+ and it is "normal". Dave Filoni talked about the difference in an interview for that show.

“Does she speak backwards? I’m like, ‘No, I don’t think so. I think that’s a Yoda thing. Frank Oz told me once that Yoda speaks that way specifically in honor of his own master. That was what he had thought about it. I try to keep moving forward these thoughts. And Bryce on her own made a great Yaddle.”
    Yes.... I know this.... Why comment on that and not about the scene? I also offered up two ways Gorgu could say it as well...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Yes.... I know this.... Why comment on that and not about the scene? I also offered up two ways Gorgu could say it as well...
    It was a comment about your scene. If you knew they don't all talk that way why suggest an example of Grogu talking like Yoda?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    He doesn't understand the difference between your Yoda talk and normal grammar examples, he thinks you made two examples of Yoda talk.

Finally caught up on the new season.

Was a little surprised there was no cameo from Boba Fett on Tatooine given the extremely heavy Mando episodes of BoBF. Overall though, season seems really solid so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Was a little surprised there was no cameo from Boba Fett on Tatooine given the extremely heavy Mando episodes of BoBF. Overall though, season seems really solid so far.
    after the disaster that BoBF was, i think they didn't want to show him anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

He was on Tat for all of 2 minutes, and they mentioned Boba by name at least. That's probably enough. Anything above that would have been excessive, the last thing Star Wars needs is MORE Tatooine.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    He was on Tat for all of 2 minutes, and they mentioned Boba by name at least. That's probably enough. Anything above that would have been excessive, the last thing Star Wars needs is MORE Tatooine.
    You mean have scenes on Tatooine in 6 of 11 movies with Tatooine references in 2 of 4 movies that don't have Tatooine, with 3 of 4 live action series having significant time on Tatooine, and 2 of 4 animated series having scenes on Tatooine is too much Tatooine?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You mean have scenes on Tatooine in 6 of 11 movies with Tatooine references in 2 of 4 movies that don't have Tatooine, with 3 of 4 live action series having significant time on Tatooine, and 2 of 4 animated series having scenes on Tatooine is too much Tatooine?
    For a random, remote rock on the Rim, Tatooine sure does draw a lot of attention from the big players in the Galaxy.

Probably the Force. Not the fact that filming in some random desert is cheap as fuck.

I don't know what y'all have against Tatooine. I can't get enough of it. And just because some bored teenager said there was nothing going on, because he wasn't allowed out of the farm by his uncle doen't mean that's actually true. It's an independent planet and has been since Old Republic times, that alone makes it a perfect place for lots of people and organisations, which all can (and do) fight over it, with two native species that are very distinct and have largely been ignored (I mean their cultures and backgrounds have not been explored much by the storytellers in TV and movies, not that they haven't been killed enough ^^).
    Also, if you have a contact somewhere that you know can get all sorts of parts and has already proven she is a skilled mechanic (and trustworthy around Grogu), why would you go anywhere else?
    It's not like we're not getting new places or different vistas. They went to Mandalore right after, so 10 minutes on Tatooine really isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I don't know what y'all have against Tatooine.
    Anything gets boring after being done to excess.

There's nothing wrong with Tatooine. There IS something wrong with nearly every single major SW property somehow ending up there despite the Galaxy being an enormous and incredibly diverse place.

Not to mention there's several locations that aren't Tatooine in name but might as well be, like TFA's Jakku. It's cheap, lazy, and uninspired.

There's nothing wrong with Tatooine. There IS something wrong with nearly every single major SW property somehow ending up there despite the Galaxy being an enormous and incredibly diverse place.

Not to mention there's several locations that aren't Tatooine in name but might as well be, like TFA's Jakku. It's cheap, lazy, and uninspired.
    Ha, yea, well when I saw Jakku I thought... why didn't they simply make it Tatooine? Just because it seemed kind of redundant to do another Desert Planet with Underworld-flair and Scavengers ^^

But I guess I simply don't agree about Tatooine. Uninspired, maybe, but if you are in the Outer Rim and already know where to get stuff, you don't go somewhere else, especially if it's not supposed to take long, because your real goal is something completely different. If you want to go to work and pick up some coffee and breakfast on the way, you don't drive to another city and try out something new and exciting, you go to the shop where you've gotten your breakfast every time.

Do they still film this in the Volume? If so, cheap doesn't come into it, because it doesn't matter what they load onto the screens, forest, desert or ocean. Or a ruined planet, it all costs the same.
    Cheap and lazy would have been if he only told Grogu that he wasn't able to pick up the parts and had to settle for an old Astromech while they were flying to Mandalore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I don't know what y'all have against Tatooine.
    We don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

And *especially* because Luke was on Tatooine because it was basically a desolate dump in the middle of nowhere, just a random little planet in the Outer Rim that was entirely insignificant.

Problem with that is that now they've made it very significant, and pretty much everyone of importance in the SW galaxy ends up on Tatooine eventually

5+ Year Old Account
    Sw can never get enough Tatooine

Though they should do more other planets

From the trailers n tv spots i hafta say Coruscant looks less real than in Andor, we are back in flashy prequels Coruscant where it looks more like an impressionism painting than a real place..

I do hope one day we get to see Dathomir..with wild rancors n sheit
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-03-14 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    And *especially* because Luke was on Tatooine because it was basically a desolate dump in the middle of nowhere, just a random little planet in the Outer Rim that was entirely insignificant.

Problem with that is that now they've made it very significant, and pretty much everyone of importance in the SW galaxy ends up on Tatooine eventually
    Everything regarding the Skywalker saga, because it made sense. Din ended up there because of fan service. It would have been one thing if Tatooine was only used during Fett's arc, that made sense. Everything outside of that is just egregious.

Tatt being on every other SW show in 21/22 was a meme in SW chats outside of this forum.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    We don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
    I should have expected that, but I didn't and it made me laugh. Cheers!