Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Ah, so gotta try it fast as after two years it will shutdown.

edit: oh it's a mobile game. Skip.
    It's console and PC, where are you getting the info about it being Mobile?

https://www.playwayfinder.com/en

Oh it's not mobile. I went to youtube - first hit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6tzjIkjmY and I saw this:

I mean that's literally UI for touch controls

mobile game ui and gacha power dump UI

some raid shadow legends crap

power level like in every mobile game

And graphics in general like it was running on iPad.

My bad. This will do great as a PC game.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I mean that's literally UI for touch controls
    ...that's absolutely a standard UI element for skills/items that are bound to the directional pad. You can find that element in tons of games.

Same basic UI element in Wo Long, which just released on PC/console only.

mobile game ui and gacha power dump UI
    Did I miss the gacha part? It's a bloody stats screen?

some raid shadow legends crap
    I mean, whoever's breaking the NDA to hell aside and all, that's also fairly standard K-MMO progression, dude. Very, very standard.

power level like in every mobile game
    And a lot of other games that use various methods of determining player power and issuing recommendations on how strong a player should be before taking on content?

And graphics in general like it was running on iPad.

My bad. This will do great as a PC game.
    It seems you don't like that game. I'm not sure why you seem to be acting like it pissed in your Cheerios this morning.

Is it possible it'll also eventually release on mobile? Sure, there's no reason that's impossible. But most of what you posted is stuff that's in a great many other PC/console games in one form or another.

Edit: update on the "gacha screen" bullshit - https://massivelyop.com/2023/03/10/i...tion-and-more/

We have no loot boxes and no gacha of any type.
    So you're tilting at windmills, my dude.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-03-10 at 04:35 PM.

Whatever. I'd want to say that this is the last time I will hear about this game, but I will read about how this will shutdown in a couple of years.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

On one side, i like the wildstar vibes i keep hearing about. On the other, zero free time and full backlog. I'm afraid i'm going to pass on this. Also since they're starting seasons in early access it seems another "do it now or it's lost" type of game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Whatever. I'd want to say that this is the last time I will hear about this game, but I will read about how this will shutdown in a couple of years.
    Very few MMOs actually shut down relatively speaking. A game can go on for decades with just a few hundred players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Very few MMOs actually shut down relatively speaking. A game can go on for decades with just a few hundred players.
    Been playing a MUD for years that might break 1000 players during events and it has constant development.

Clowns gonna clown.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Been playing a MUD for years that might break 1000 players during events and it has constant development.

Clowns gonna clown.
    There are MMOs on Steam with less than 100 players per day. Some of which have been going on for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, whoever's breaking the NDA to hell aside and all, that's also fairly standard K-MMO progression, dude. Very, very standard.
    To be honest, those dont really work well in western audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not what I come for for MMO's, while I like the stylized graphics, pre-made hero based MMO isn't something I prefer over a create-a-hero MMO. for that reason I alone I doubt i will play it. Maybe if this was an action Diablo-esque game with a heavy liner more narrative flow game I might forgive it. But as an MMO its where I kinda draw the line on more premade characters.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    To be honest, those dont really work well in western audience.
    I'd argue that Genshin is showing there's some more tolerance for these kinds of systems, though waifu's carry that game pretty hard.

Depends on how the system actually works. As long as they can keep it fairly straightforward and avoid the convoluted, grindy multi-step processes and RNG failure chances that often are included it can probably be fine. That seems to be where much of the customization seems to come from as well, which makes it more palatable if they're not all just stat boost etc.

Looks super meh.

An MMO, where everyone will be one of six, fixed, named characters...?
    That is just beyond terrible.
    6 different weapons, of which each will be used by one of the predefined characters.
    Combat looks boring, at most you will have 5 different buttons....

If this was some kind of action-rpg, with coop, maybee, but an mmo?

Looks like very simplistic mobile/peasant bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    It's not really? They're not marketing it as a MMO, that's just a tag people have given it themselves. It's being marketed as an "online action role playing game" which it very much is. Users tagging it with "MMO" on Steam is out of their control for the most part.

Looking around the closest I'm seeing is them calling it "MMO lightish" which fits, it does sit pretty comfortably in the "psuedo-MMO" territory that's existed for a while.

I'm confused why everyone keeps thinking this is a mobile game, but I guess they've come a long way.

Looks super meh.

An MMO, where everyone will be one of six, fixed, named characters...?
    That is just beyond terrible.
    6 different weapons, of which each will be used by one of the predefined characters.
    Combat looks boring, at most you will have 5 different buttons....

Have you ever played Warframe? It's set up alot like that where they intend to constantly release a new hero/warframe every 3ish months that comes with a new weapon/set of weapons and they have customization options for the hero/warframe. No clue if they will keep adding customizations to a character after they are released or what but I assume since DE is publishing them they prob will do the same thing as warframe and continue to release new stuff for old characters.

I'm confused why everyone keeps thinking this is a mobile game, but I guess they've come a long way.
    I think its the way the skill buttons look on the screen. Alot of mobile games have large touch button skills that resemble game controller buttons on the right side of the screen assume because you hold the phone like a controller.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2023-03-13 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Have you ever played Warframe? It's set up alot like that where they intend to constantly release a new hero/warframe every 3ish months that comes with a new weapon/set of weapons and they have customization options for the hero/warframe. No clue if they will keep adding customizations to a character after they are released or what but I assume since DE is publishing them they prob will do the same thing as warframe and continue to release new stuff for old characters.
    I'm actually curious how DE is handling this. Because they have Warframe, this game they're publishing which seems like "Stylized, more fantasy-esque Warframe", and then Soulframe which is their "fantasy Warframe".

You'd figure they'd try to avoid competing with their own products and all but /shrugs

I'm actually curious how DE is handling this. Because they have Warframe, this game they're publishing which seems like "Stylized, more fantasy-esque Warframe", and then Soulframe which is their "fantasy Warframe".

You'd figure they'd try to avoid competing with their own products and all but /shrugs
    It plays way differently than Warframe and more like a traditional Action-RPG it's just the bones??? of game thats like Warfame. I think they are attempting to see if the Warfame business/content creation model can work in different game styles. Soulframe I think will end up being almost completely Warframe with a Fantasy skin all the major devs except Pablo moved onto it and both teams are creating content for use in each game.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I think its the way the skill buttons look on the screen. Alot of mobile games have large touch button skills that resemble game controller buttons on the right side of the screen assume because you hold the phone like a controller.
    It looks like copy pasted torchlight infinite. Regarding menus showed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd argue that Genshin is showing there's some more tolerance for these kinds of systems, though waifu's carry that game pretty hard.

Depends on how the system actually works. As long as they can keep it fairly straightforward and avoid the convoluted, grindy multi-step processes and RNG failure chances that often are included it can probably be fine. That seems to be where much of the customization seems to come from as well, which makes it more palatable if they're not all just stat boost etc.
    We already see multistep grinding for the sake of grinds. How many systems were presented?

Force Gaming played it for 40 hours
    He is always filled with HOPIUM on his videos and is not very cynical...i like it.
    Give me some of that Hope to a broken MMORPG player.

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2023-03-13 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    We already see multistep grinding for the sake of grinds. How many systems were presented?
    That grind very much appears to be the longterm progression in the game. It's an ARPG at its core, it's about grinding and farming to incrementally improve your gear (or in this case mods on your gear), from what I can tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm genuinely curious about this game. It seems like it's the first time - in a long time - that a MMO grab my attention. Although the MMO bit is perhaps... not exactly that.

Not a huge fan of gender-locked classes, but the character arc part of it might make up for it. We'll see.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..