Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Withered, and I think they should also get some sort of racial for mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Stupid idea? Says who.

You literally already have one known character that is exactly that and additional race option that is not some shitty furry or scaly and is also not a stock elf would sell very well, given new model.

And quite frankly given WoW is already fucking Elves vs Elves for the looks, you can bet this addition would work out for larger public.
    Seeing as elves are descendants of trolls, it's all trolls v trolls. Even goblins are descendants of trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Baine making peace with the Maruuk centaur could clear the way for their addition to the Horde, with Tuskarr joining the Alliance.
    Tuskarr have been brutal for far too long. They should be neutral faction. Although Furbolg should be alliance. They have a longstanding alliance with the night elves

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I bet Tyr would play a role in their addition, as some were his followers.
    Maybe, but dont get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    That's what I kept telling myself all these years.. Why not?

Their model and animations are superb imo, so yes I agree. They were updated in legion with teeth/everything, sure their animation were not fully there yet, but they have unique animations and same for the model. The kyrian are idd the female Vrykul animation. Both genders look good. That's why I always dissagree that they just look like big humans. Both model and animations wise, there is nothing even used from the standard human model. Their whole kit is quite unique.

idk man, Stormheim was the perfect opportunity, we have a full villages and not all are shown as HUGE giants, plus we were able to gain rep and helped them a big deal. Instead they ignored them in the end...
    Particularly because how well made they are. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they dislike the Vrykul models. When they first released with WotLK, they were lightyears ahead of the playable races. I mean look at this,

WotLK released only 4 years after WoW first launched, but the Vrykul model seemed pretty modern all the way up until Legion!

I'd argue the Vrykul face is a higher quality than even the modern playable human. It's just so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Baine making peace with the Maruuk centaur could clear the way for their addition to the Horde, with Tuskarr joining the Alliance.
    I'd VASTLY prefer Tuskarr on the Horde, let the Alliance get Furbolg.
    Twas brillig

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After so many extra races, I'd prefer it if they would just expand on the existing ones.

- More customisation for the current allied raced
    - More race fantasy and identity in the form of quests/gear and string-updates ('Welcome ZANDALARI', instead of Welcome hero'... or just 'Welcome [playername] ')
    - Less focus on making new characters and more focus on building your existing one

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    IMO Northrend Vrykul would be Horde and Stormheim Vrykul would be Alliance
    There wouldn't be a neutral Vrykul.

doubt Beve/Isiden would just forget everything with the Alliance though; with Stromgarde restored it's even less likely considering they kinda hate each other
    Kul Tiras forgave Jaina and the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Even goblins are descendants of trolls.
    I don't think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Maybe, but dont get your hopes up.
    That's my secret. My hopes are always up. *turns into a sad hulk*

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Mok'Nathal for Horde
    Why, when there are full-fledged Ogres?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Ogres are too big according to blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Nonsense.
    Tauren are said to be larger.
    They could be rexxar-sized.

As for Alliance Tuskarr, i'm not so sure. They share more with the Horde in terms of spirituality.
    And why does religion matter? The Alliance actually needs more variety in culture.
    Tuskarr is a meme though and would be another waste of a slot with barely anybody touching it outside "lol Walrus".

Also, no more literal humans. Fix KT's to look more like Vrykul and free the spot up for something actually aesthetically interesting.
    Arrakoa, Jinyu, Sethrak, ect ect are all viable options that don't compound the issue of "too many humans" on Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Truth is, no one was willing to work on the model of a female ogre.

And considering the failure of the Kul tiran model, this company is not ready to give us truly fat ugly women.
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2023-03-13 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    And why does religion matter?
    The priest class, the paladin class, druids...o hell, almost every class, as well as the gods, the Light, titans, loa, spirits...would have words with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    After so many extra races, I'd prefer it if they would just expand on the existing ones.

- More customisation for the current allied raced
    - More race fantasy and identity in the form of quests/gear and string-updates ('Welcome ZANDALARI', instead of Welcome hero'... or just 'Welcome [playername] ')
    - Less focus on making new characters and more focus on building your existing one
    Fully agree. Not only should they add more to the existing Allied Races, but honestly it still kinda feels like even the core races don't have enough customizability. Like every Blood Elf or Gnome still looks more or less the same with whatever you pick. Also, they should really look into adding different body types, sizes etc.

Even humans have only really 3 truly different faces (original WoD human, asian-type and african-type) with every face being a slight variation of one of those 3.

Unfortunately, they might be too big. I dont think they would fit in most buildings.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I'd argue the Vrykul face is a higher quality than even the modern playable human. It's just so damn good!
    Given how fugly is the Human PC, both old and new (especially the male one /shiver), this isn't really a high bar

Forest trolls and Furbolg

Want Ogres but they should be a new race and not an Allied race.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Fully agree. Not only should they add more to the existing Allied Races, but honestly it still kinda feels like even the core races don't have enough customizability. Like every Blood Elf or Gnome still looks more or less the same with whatever you pick. Also, they should really look into adding different body types, sizes etc.

Even humans have only really 3 truly different faces (original WoD human, asian-type and african-type) with every face being a slight variation of one of those 3.
    Yeah, some races have SO many customisation-options, while Kul Tiran have almost nothing.

Mag'har also have less options than regular Orcs...

Why not just give all races equal options across the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    And why does religion matter? The Alliance actually needs more variety in culture.
    Tuskarr is a meme though and would be another waste of a slot with barely anybody touching it outside "lol Walrus".
    Do you know the differnce between Horde and Alliance?

Also, no more literal humans. Fix KT's to look more like Vrykul and free the spot up for something actually aesthetically interesting.
    Arrakoa, Jinyu, Sethrak, ect ect are all viable options that don't compound the issue of "too many humans" on Alliance.
    Kul Tirans are one thing, Vrykul another. Vrykul are more like tall Dwarves than Humans from Kul Tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Truth is, no one was willing to work on the model of a female ogre.

And considering the failure of the Kul tiran model, this company is not ready to give us truly fat ugly women.
    Actually, Roman woman are supposed to look good. At least, according to art.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Unfortunately, they might be too big. I dont think they would fit in most buildings.
    They would re-size them, of course. To that of a Kul Tiran.

Actually, Roman woman are supposed to look good. At least, according to art.
    I don't really see the point since roman women are not ogres and looking good should not be a selling point for ogres.

My info dates from vanilla development back when ogres were more Conan cavemen and not roman senate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I don't really see the point since roman women are not ogres and looking good should not be a selling point for ogres.

My info dates from vanilla development back when ogres were more Conan cavemen and not roman senate at all.
    Well, those Ogres are now outdated.
    Now, your female Ogres will be wearing a toga of sorts.