Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Orrrr. Someone we gotta put down.
    Or maybe both?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    And are you telling me that weaker mortals can be tanks but powerful magical dragons or super warrior engineered Dracthyr make no sense to be?
    Lol we have gnome and vulpera prot warriors but apparently a dracthyr is too fragile to tank

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be great to see a Tanking spec but I'm not hyping till any official statements has been made. For now, it is an oddly written text in a quest on a testing server. If people get burnt on the hype, it is their own problem.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    It would be great to see a Tanking spec but I'm not hyping till any official statements has been made. For now, it is an oddly written text in a quest on a testing server. If people get burnt on the hype, it is their own problem.
    I do agree and disagree, people should temper their expectations, but I also think that blizz should be more careful about releasing public test servers that have “supporting evidence” for things people have been asking about since before release. Accidents happen but I think blizz should step in and strike down the rumor so that people don’t don’t get too excited, small disappointment now or large disappointment later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    The lore also indicates that the Dracthyr Evokers are getting their Black Dragon Essence returned to them. Considering that it being drained from them explains why they have fewer black dragon abilities than blue, red, green, and bronze dragon abilities, them getting it back would mean that they would be getting more black dragon abilities.

New black dragon abilities could facilitate a new spec. It also backs up the “New Specialization Remembered” quests.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-03-14 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, but Sarkareth didn't go to the laboratory to obtain void energies, he went there to get the power of the black dragons in order to destroy the aspects.
    I literally never claimed that. I only said that he might end up thinking, after getting there, that the void is part of the black dragonflight's legacy, or during the moment he's "absorbing black dragonflight essence", corrupted void essence also ends up infecting him.

So Old Gods are the same as Black Dragons?
    Reading comprehension (or lack thereof) at its finest.

Race to world first wouldn't stop them from doing it either.
    Yes. Yes, it would. Why add it in the first place just to ban it? That is precisely the reason why Blizzard doesn't make sweeping mythic raid boss changes/nerf during the race. Even class changes are heavily delayed unless it's a broken aspect, like bugs.

Also proof-positive of that is that the entire class would suffer massive changes, considering the evoker's class talent tree would have to be heavily altered to accommodate new skills and upgrades for this new specialization.

- - - Updated - - -

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/226098133212463104/1083507556233789491/image0.jpg

Evoker void form anyone?
    Nope. Just a raid boss. Exactly like Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Reading comprehension (or lack thereof) at its finest.
    You said it’s exactly the same scenario. Garrosh directly interacted with an old god. Sakareth is interacting with black dragon essence. That’s not the same thing.

Yes. Yes, it would. Why add it in the first place just to ban it? That is precisely the reason why Blizzard doesn't make sweeping mythic raid boss changes/nerf during the race. Even class changes are heavily delayed unless it's a broken aspect, like bugs.
    World first impacts like 0.01% of the userbase. The other 99.9% would have access to the new spec.

Also proof-positive of that is that the entire class would suffer massive changes, considering the evoker's class talent tree would have to be heavily altered to accommodate new skills and upgrades for this new specialization.
    No it wouldn’t. The class tree would stay the same. Any new abilities and talents would be isolated in the new specialization tree.

Nope. Just a raid boss. Exactly like Garrosh.
    If all warriors were getting corrupted by an old god via lore, you’d have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Teriz has been sourcing non-existent datamines as "proof" that a new spec is coming in 10.1. He doesn't know how anything in WoW works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    Teriz has been sourcing non-existent datamines as "proof" that a new spec is coming in 10.1. He doesn't know how anything in WoW works.
    Uh no I haven’t. Everything I’ve datamined is linked and sourced in the OP. Also once again, the lore of 10.1 reinforces the datamined info.

Uh no I haven’t. Everything I’ve datamined is linked and sourced in the OP. Also once again, the lore of 10.1 reinforces the datamined info.
    You're going to need more than a single copy-pasted Fire Breath to show as proof.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finally they're doing what they always should've done with the other new classes added to the game: flesh them out and involve them in a naturally developing story during the course of the expansion that brings them on board.

Take notes ye' who petition them for new classes, this is how you win them over
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to need more than a single copy-pasted Fire Breath to show as proof.
    You have the quests, you have the Evoker’s abilities, you have the datamined abilities, you have the raid, and you have the lore.

You have the quests, you have the Evoker’s abilities, you have the datamined abilities, you have the raid, and you have the lore.
    Quests and lore are not abilities?

And again, you keep saying "abilities". There's not multiple. There's one: a copy-pasted Fire Breath with a different name and icon: https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/spell=403307/ascendancy. And actually I did a bit more digging, it's likely left over from a cut trinket with the same name and icon: https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/item=204192/ascendancy.

Everything else you've linked are fragments of spell data and not actual spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwelch900 View Post
    I do agree and disagree, people should temper their expectations, but I also think that blizz should be more careful about releasing public test servers that have “supporting evidence” for things people have been asking about since before release. Accidents happen but I think blizz should step in and strike down the rumor so that people don’t don’t get too excited, small disappointment now or large disappointment later.
    are you new to the wow forums or internet in general?
    so many rumors that were about wow, even when they outright said its not hapening the rumors didnt stop... so when "no" is not enough to stop people hyping themself what exactly should blizz say?

people should stop hyping themself over pretty much nothing, nobody is responsible for you making up scenarios in your head and then getting dissapointed when they dont become reality...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-03-14 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quests and lore are not abilities?
    Quests, Raids, and lore are still information and hints that show a possible 3rd spec for Evokers. Abilities alone aren't the only piece of the puzzle.

And again, you keep saying "abilities". There's not multiple. There's one: a copy-pasted Fire Breath with a different name and icon: https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/spell=403307/ascendancy. And actually I did a bit more digging, it's likely left over from a cut trinket with the same name and icon: https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/item=204192/ascendancy.
    And there's a new spell category called Jolt and an ability that mirrors Deep Breath but uses electricity/nature damage instead of fire.

Everything else you've linked are fragments of spell data and not actual spells.
    Of course its fragments at this point. Like I said, the datamined abilities are merely a piece of the overall puzzle. The main portion of the puzzle is the lore itself which hints that the Dracthyr are getting back their black dragon essence. If true, that lore event facilitates the Evoker getting more black dragon abilities, and that in turn would lead to a new specialization.

And there's a new spell category called Jolt and an ability that mirrors Deep Breath but uses electricity/nature damage instead of fire.
    The spell category is interesting and might actually be for a new Evoker ability, but's there's no spells associated with it. It's unused right now.

The other description is a malformed tooltip for what's likely an environmental hazard for the new zone: https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/spell=408516/magmaball
    This is what it probably shows up in-game as: https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/spell=407157/magmaball

Of course its fragments at this point. Like I said, the datamined abilities are merely a piece of the overall puzzle. The main portion of the puzzle is the lore itself which hints that the Dracthyr are getting back their black dragon essence. If true, that lore event facilitates the Evoker getting more black dragon abilities, and that in turn would lead to a new specialization.
    That's my point. If they were actually going to release it in 10.1 we'd have a lot more than fragments in game data right now. Given the current circumstances, assuming this is actually going to happen, I think it would be 10.1.5 content. That would give Blizzard enough time to get a new spec tested and wouldn't be disruptive to the raid.

Leaving aside that it isn't a spell, but just a category, how does that in any way fit a new spec based on Black essence or Void? Especially when it is a copy of an ability that is one of the few Black ones Dracthyr have in the first place?

Your argumentation makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my point. If they were actually going to release it in 10.1 we'd have a lot more than fragments in game data right now. Given the current circumstances, assuming this is actually going to happen, I think it would be 10.1.5 content. That would give Blizzard enough time to get a new spec tested and wouldn't be disruptive to the raid.
    I do agree that there is a good chance that the spec is released in 10.1.5, with the quest in 10.1 and Sakareth being the final boss in Aberrus being seeding for the new spec's introduction in the next major patch.

Why do people seem so angry about this possibility? It would be cool for a 2 spec class to get another spec, wouldn't it? And there's definitely both some hints that it might happen, as far as Terizes datamined screenshots are showing, and free design space (evokers having no melee and barely any black dragonflight related abilities).

Also releasing another spec in the middle of an expansion might be unprecedented, but interesting balance changes did happen in WoW already. In Wrath DK specs were being changed around so much that each raid tier had a different tank spec, in WoD Warriors got to be DPSers with their shield for a tier, until they pretty much removed it, Locks were given a semi-tank spec for a brief period of time too.

Can't be that big of a stretch to imagine Blizzard running out of time to finish Evoker's 3rd spec, and saving it for the future. Balance can handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Leaving aside that it isn't a spell, but just a category, how does that in any way fit a new spec based on Black essence or Void? Especially when it is a copy of an ability that is one of the few Black ones Dracthyr have in the first place?

Your argumentation makes no sense.
    Every Evoker specialization is split between two aspects. Preservation is split between Bronze and Green, and Devastation is split between Red and Blue. The 3rd Evoker spec could be split between Black and Void, and in a specialization like that, the player could choose to go more Black Dragon, or more Void dragon (or take a bit of both). In that case you could have a nature based breath spell, or you could take Sakareth's ability Abyssal Breath which is a Void-based version of Deep Breath.