Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    are you new to the wow forums or internet in general?
    so many rumors that were about wow, even when they outright said its not hapening the rumors didnt stop... so when "no" is not enough to stop people hyping themself what exactly should blizz say?

people should stop hyping themself over pretty much nothing, nobody is responsible for you making up scenarios in your head and then getting dissapointed when they dont become reality...
    I totally understand that people blow things out of proportion online all the time, I’m not personally holding my breath for anything. But they are responsible for putting out a ptr with these breadcrumbs knowing full well that these thing are reported on.

they are not required to say anything on the subject, but that doesn’t change the fact that the public expectation, no matter how fabricated it is, does affect the perception of the quality of their game. I think they have had generally good PR since release, and they should probably slip out a statement about this being a planned special encounter that was scrapped to not let this grow into a large disappointment.

I don’t think they are going to do anything I just think it might be better for their PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Why do people seem so angry about this possibility? It would be cool for a 2 spec class to get another spec, wouldn't it? And there's definitely both some hints that it might happen, as far as Terizes datamined screenshots are showing, and free design space (evokers having no melee and barely any black dragonflight related abilities).

Also releasing another spec in the middle of an expansion might be unprecedented, but interesting balance changes did happen in WoW already. In Wrath DK specs were being changed around so much that each raid tier had a different tank spec, in WoD Warriors got to be DPSers with their shield for a tier, until they pretty much removed it, Locks were given a semi-tank spec for a brief period of time too.

Can't be that big of a stretch to imagine Blizzard running out of time to finish Evoker's 3rd spec, and saving it for the future. Balance can handle it.
    because the same people creating hype out of something highly unlikely are going to be mad at Blizzard when they don't get the thing Blizzard never told them they were getting
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    because the same people creating hype out of something highly unlikely are going to be mad at Blizzard when they don't get the thing Blizzard never told them they were getting
    Who are these people that have gotten mad? I've never been mad at Blizzard for delaying the release of a preferred class.

The people who seem really angry are the people who are shooting this down without even looking at the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I promise you they wont, and if they do I'll personally call the police to take them to jail.

I highly doubt there will be a new spec added during an expansion's run. It would mess with the M+ and raiding eSports meta. I remember when this came up before with DHs, people were saying a 3rd spec was on the way but nothing ever came of it. It's just the devs trolling people who like to look into stuff too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmonface View Post
    I highly doubt there will be a new spec added during an expansion's run. It would mess with the M+ and raiding eSports meta.
    Not if the spec drops in 10.1.5, after the raid and race for world first.

I remember when this came up before with DHs, people were saying a 3rd spec was on the way but nothing ever came of it. It's just the devs trolling people who like to look into stuff too much.
    The difference is that the DH was never missing the main part of what makes them what they are. Evokers had their black essence drained (which explains their reduced Black dragon abilities), and supposedly they get it back in 10.1.

You're really reaching for reasons for a 3rd spec to exist huh? Sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not if the spec drops in 10.1.5, after the raid and race for world first.

The difference is that the DH was never missing the main part of what makes them what they are. Evokers had their black essence drained (which explains their reduced Black dragon abilities), and supposedly they get it back in 10.1.
    I remember people saying that, because Allari had a scythe and was a DH, there might be a 3rd spec involving 2hers. Except Allari is a reference to a manga/anime series, and she is probably the only DH I've seen ingame using a 2h weapon.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the reach? Evokers have 4 black dragon abilities, and 2x-3x more blue, green, red, and bronze dragon abilities. This is the case because their black dragon essence was drained. A return of their full black dragon essence means more black dragon abilities which means a new spec. This is supposed to occur in 10.1.

The datamining is simply backing up the lore.

Where's the reach? Evokers have 4 black dragon abilities, and 2x-3x more blue, green, red, and bronze dragon abilities. This is the case because their black dragon essence was drained. A return of their full black dragon essence means more black dragon abilities which means a new spec. This is supposed to occur in 10.1.

The datamining is simply backing up the lore.
    It's either a serious reach or the devs are trolling you. Either way, you're getting played. Sorry chief.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's either a serious reach or the devs are trolling you. Either way, you're getting played. Sorry chief.
    So you believe that Evokers get their black dragon essence back and nothing happens?

You do know that their specializations are based on dragon essences correct?

So you believe that Evokers get their black dragon essence back and nothing happens?

You do know that their specializations are based on dragon essences correct?
    Yeah pretty much. Nothing will change. I'll refer you back to this thread when fuck all happens lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah pretty much. Nothing will change.
    That would be odd considering that we see what happens to Sakareth once he absorbs the full black dragon essence. It would be very strange to give us the lore, an example of an Evoker effected by the lore, a quest line where in the end we end up in the same position as Sakareth (though not with the same motivations) and nothing happens.

However, if you wish to believe that circle of illogic, that's your perogative.

I'll refer you back to this thread when fuck all happens lol
    Feel free to.

That would be odd considering that we see what happens to Sakareth once he absorbs the full black dragon essence. It would be very strange to give us the lore, an example of an Evoker effected by the lore, a quest line where in the end we end up in the same position as Sakareth (though not with the same motivations) and nothing happens.

However, if you wish to believe that circle of illogic, that's your perogative.

Feel free to.
    No idea what you just said cos I'm not a dork lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I remember people saying that, because Allari had a scythe and was a DH, there might be a 3rd spec involving 2hers. Except Allari is a reference to a manga/anime series, and she is probably the only DH I've seen ingame using a 2h weapon.
    If Evokers get a third spec, I can imagine quite a few angry DH players.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Support spec was just wild speculation fueled by WoWhead.

WoW dabbled with support classes with Paladin and Shaman in early alpha and beta stages of the game. There's no way to properly balance a support role to where it either isn't just something you completely ignore or becomes mandatory in every situations. Its a very binary route that can only unfold in one of those two scenarios. Even though 20 years later the WoW devs are very different, I just don't ever see them making that big of a mistake.
    TBC Shadow Priest. Supports are definitely possible, you just have to find a good way to balance them. If, for example, you do 80% of the damage of a normal DPS and add 5% damage to the rest of the group (not raid), you're fine. The problem isn't balance, the problem is making it fun and intuitive.

I don’t have an interest in this race or class, but what is sad is the inability to be a bit more open minded and so closed that you can’t see or even want to engage in the possibility of a third. That is what is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I don’t have an interest in this race or class, but what is sad is the inability to be a bit more open minded and so closed that you can’t see or even want to engage in the possibility of a third. That is what is sad.
    Nah I just choose to play the game instead of waste my time uselessly speculating about completely arbitrary bullshit but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Nope. They used instant cast abilities to tank in the instances you are talking about. Casting tank doesn't work. When casting a spell, tanks can get dealt crushing blows. Its why you don't see prot paladins casting heals on themselves or druids tossing out hots. The point of having to rework boss mechanics is valid in that instance.

Casting while tanking also ensures you can't use anything else while the cast is happening. IE: can't just suddenly activate a defensive. It would cancel the abilities.
    Oh, is that why you can't use Fel Devastation as a DH tank? TIL.

This really has nothing to do with anything. Let defensives be cast during casts? Make those casts uninterruptible? This is not a private server, Blizzard can make it work if they want to.

That said, a ranged tank makes no sense whatsoever (because it wouldn't be ranged outside of pulling or VERY niche situations), a "caster" tank would just be a normal tank but their shit has the "spell" flavor rather than the "attack" flavor.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I just choose to play the game instead of waste my time uselessly speculating about completely arbitrary bullshit but that's just me
    You seem to be arguing about this "completely arbitrary bullshit" just as much as anyone else. If you're not interested in the topic you're literally just here to bring other people down. That's more than a little sad.

Says the guy who is wasting their time on discussion forums instead of 'playing the game' :P