5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What if we get both an outdoor ED zone and Avaloren for patch 10.2?
    That would be very Blizzard like. All this setup for a potential expansion setting wasted on a patch.
    (Yes, I am still salty about the Dream, Nazjatar and Ny'alotha. How can you tell? )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

The idea of the night elfs driven out of there ancestral home and the orcs of all people moving in on mass is fucked up.
    Didn't that happen already? I mean Nelves used to live on all of Kalimdor and now the orcs live on the border to Ashenvale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    N'zoth fishy pokemon has been spotted in new zone.

Is it just me or N'zoth is much more creepier as a small but immensely powerful fish than as a huge mass of tentacles?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Didn't that happen already? I mean Nelves used to live on all of Kalimdor and now the orcs live on the border to Ashenvale.
    Night elfs as a culture only lived in Hyjal dark shore ashenvale moon glade winterspring and Felwood after the war of the ancients and prior to WC3, High bourn lived in Feralas but they aren't really the same thing as they had like 9000 years apart like the blood elfs did.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2023-03-14 at 08:48 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    PTR realms are offline btw - new build inc ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or N'zoth is much more creepier as a small but immensely powerful fish than as a huge mass of tentacles?
    Nope, the Fish'zoth depiction, especially in the Azshara Warbringer, was definitely the best depiction of him that we got.

If only it lasted a bit more than... 35 seconds.

Formerly known as Arafal

Continuing the glorious legacy of Garrosh!

And to little surprise ("Explore Neltharions descent into madness in 10.1!"), N'zoth fishy pokemon has been spotted in new zone.

Now that- that is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't want them to be on the Dragon Isles. They should stay on Kalimdor.
    I agree... and I hope it's the direction Blizz is going to take

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Hi five! Throw in revised Gadgetzan and Un'goro Crater inspired by the Hearhstone incarnations, and tie it all together with some over-arching threat.

People also seem a bit burned out on the cosmic scene, but I think there's potential there. Whatever the objections about the First Ones lore, they have established that there is a common structure of the six powers having a ruling pantheon, and I want to see what the Disorder pantheon is about. They must have been overthrown by Sargeras for him to have taken over the demon races, and there's been hints of a prison world called Tarratus somewhere in the Twisting Nether - they're bound to be locked up there. Break them out and you have another potentially great pack of villains in the vein of the Incarnates.
    Agreed! I loved your concept by the way, and I definitely think this could work as a (great) expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Tel'abim is specifically mentioned in the Pirate lore book about "The Nightsquall", even before Plunder Isle, so I think that is definitely connected to the pirates and directly foreshadowed as something else. The "Underground tech" was also mentioned to be used for the future which points to Undermine above anything else, AND it's a southern island, so it would fit the bill. Plunder Isle hasn't been mentioned in ages but I think it would be bundled with any true pirate expansion... so those 3 areas will probably all ship together.
    Can't wait to uncover the mystery of those bananas exporters!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    PTR realms are offline btw - new build inc ^.^
    Oooooh yeah-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Now that- that is interesting.
    Barely. N'zoth corrupted Nelth and they are going to explain how it went in the next patch. Also, same void stuff seems to still linger in the new raid, since final boss will be tapping into it. So it is all very predictable to see remains of N'zoth influence in a patch regarding N'ztoh most famous doings.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Barely. N'zoth corrupted Nelth and they are going to explain how it went in the next patch. Also, same void stuff seems to still linger in the new raid, since final boss will be tapping into it. So it is all very predictable to see remains of N'zoth influence in a patch regarding N'ztoh most famous doings.
    I'm confident we haven't seen the last of him though!

God I hope so. BfA did many things horribly wrong, but among the worst was wasting N'zoth. So much buildup and he disappears in a single poorly paced patch.
    8.3 could have been its own expansion given how much stuff happened in it, from corrupted Titan structures, resurgence of the Mantid, and Ra reappearing and sacrificing himself.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

N'Zoth is obviously coming back in the future, as has been predicted by most people (including Myself) for years.

N'Zoth in his true form isn't supposed to be creepy, he's supposed to be glorious and awe-inspiring; in fact, "whoa!" is literally the reaction Azshara had upon seeing N'Zoth's full form. This was the reaction N'Zoth intended, he wanted to put Azshara in her place after she dared imply that he was "nothing".

But N'Zoth in the fish form was indeed supposed to be creepy, and this is supported by the setting (the dark abyss) and the mostly silent background (with occasional creepy sounds). Meanwhile, when N'Zoth switches to his real form, the setting becomes enlightened by the light of Ny'alotha and the music becomes grandiose with those famous drums playing in the background.

So, while N'Zoth in his real form is supposed to look glorious and menacing, N'Zoth in his fish form is supposed to look unnerving and creepy. This was by design, N'Zoth loves messing with people and frighten them after all.

Warbringers: Azshara was obviously the best out of the 3 Warbringer cutscenes.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-03-14 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    God I hope so. BfA did many things horribly wrong, but among the worst was wasting N'zoth. So much buildup and he disappears in a single poorly paced patch.
    8.3 could have been its own expansion given how much stuff happened in it, from corrupted Titan structures, resurgence of the Mantid, and Ra reappearing and sacrificing himself.
    Wasting N'Zoth and Azshara was blasphemous. I hope my Queen will come back... and when she does, I hope the world will burn for her

https://www.wowhead.com/news/wow-con...-10-0-7-331876

looks like dracthyr might get other classes down the line (or evoker is getting frost bolt and melee stuff)

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Same.
    I’m hoping we see him again he was wasted so bad in BfA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/wow-con...-10-0-7-331876

looks like dracthyr might get other classes down the line (or evoker is getting frost bolt and melee stuff)
    MMOchamp speculators he like
    “Omg third spec Evoker spec is melee with frostbolt??”
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Same.
    I’m hoping we see him again he was wasted so bad in BfA

- - - Updated - - -

MMOchamp speculators he like
    Hey, you never know! They could just give evokers all specs and abilities from all classes and make it one giant super class.

a look at the new Ironforge set with the updated HD tabard

K'aresh has been mentioned more than once, from NPCs to ethereal lore, it is a place of mystery and a whole broken planet. Similar to how Shadowlands was nothing but a vague plane of existence, it could very much support an expansion on its own, especially a Void-focused one considering what happened with Alleria on Argus.
    I personally think a K'aresh expansion would be very nice to have—it would make for a markedly different aesthetic than anything we've seen while still having some grounding in preexisting lore. Contrast Shadowlands—it was a terrible effort at a cosmic expansion, when Legion previously demonstrated such a thing could work in theory. A K'aresh expansion pursuing previously foreshadowed plot points and concepts with a strong identity would be a very nice way to redeem the cosmic side of things. I'd also add that a middle eastern aesthetic has rarely been employed in WoW, so an expansion set on the homeworld of a race with inspirations from pre-Islamic Arabia could be a nice change of pace.

I can envision how it would look, and I think it would be very aesthetically-pleasing—I imagine starswept silvery deserts beneath clear night skies full of strikingly visible celestial phenomena, or massive ruins of a civilization which produced technology beyond Azeroth comprehension, yet which flew too close to the sun. Starry splotches dot the landscape, and the mutations of the Void, initially subtle, become all the more overt as you approach the locus of the Void's influence, where the stillborn World-Soul of K'aresh took the name Dimensius, and projected his long shadow across Karkora and Draenor.

I'm also of the mind Ethereals would make for an interesting race that would occupy an as-of-yet vacant aesthetic niche. I could certainly see the appeal of plasmic arcane mummies as something very novel and unique. It'd also be nice to have a greedy and opportunistic race that can be taken a tad more seriously than Goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I believe they were being snide about the phrasing used when suggesting Dracthyr would get more classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    People also seem a bit burned out on the cosmic scene, but I think there's potential there. Whatever the objections about the First Ones lore, they have established that there is a common structure of the six powers having a ruling pantheon
    I'd be inclined to share your anticipation if not for one, deeply unfortunate detail—I highly doubt Blizzard is competent enough to produce anything decent in that connection. I've written fairly extensively about how I think the cosmic direction could be explored in an interesting way, and I've seen it work out well in other franchises (e.g. Elder Scrolls), but I think that until the team figures out what they actually want to do with that side of things and makes some sense of the cosmic chart, we're going to not get anything decent out of it for some time.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the underground zone, you've got a point, they could indeed be testing the waters.
    That would be nice. I'd love to see Azjol-Nerub finally get its due.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasting N'Zoth and Azshara was blasphemous. I hope my Queen will come back... and when she does, I hope the world will burn for her
    It's a rather sad thing that they managed to squander both a faction war and an Azshara-centric South Seas expansion in one fell blow. I've seen some say the same of Ny'Alotha, though I could admittedly see how that would be difficult to rely on for an expansion before it loses its luster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Yeah, and it's kinda sad. =/

Especially, if we take into the account the "FRONTIER" string names that fits an "edge of the world" continent/island, and the datamined HD ships/warships that would be needed to reach and stom that place that's said to be very hostile:

I'm going to keep the sparks of hope of a World Revamp lit until Blizzcon happens later this year, but this Avaloren stuff resembles too much how Dragon Isles was seeded.
    Copium: Maybe it'll be a patch zone in an expansion set in Lordaeron?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, re: the topic of Azshara returning—here's a really silly idea. What if Azshara mantles Y'Shaarj in some capacity? She really is like an Old God in a few ways herself, as a malevolent, extraordinarily powerful being which enraptures its followers beyond the point of reason. Maybe she had been drawing close to the Old Gods long before her meeting with N'Zoth through the residue of Y'Shaarj in the Well of Eternity. It's at least suggested that things of a humanoid extraction can supplant the position of Old Gods in Thousand Years of War, where Alleria's tempted with the idea of replacing N'Zoth in some capacity. It may have been just that – a hollow effort at temptation on the Void's part – but if anyone could do it, Azshara is certainly a contender.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-14 at 11:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/ErtWRsA.png
    Guard set is glorious though I'm a bit disappointed with the tabard looking like its in desperate need of an ironing
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Oh that’s nice.
    I wonder if there’s a new undead set too, given the two updated undercity tabards in the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

also worth noting there is a second colour to the dwarf set. The second variation has a very dark grey metal with gold trim (like Magni's pre-crystal artwork) and a shield with gold trim instead of red

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Feels feasible, at least. I could see why they might expand Dragonriding-style customization to a select few mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a tad late on this topic, but I have to say I enjoy the collective portrayal of the Incarnates. They're still fairly cliche baddies, and the dialogue is frustrating as ever, but they're a breath of fresh air in a franchise that hasn't had some good villains in a while save for Denathrius. This somewhat cartoonish gang of villains isn't bad at all as a breath of fresh air. Iridikron's voice, although not particularly atypical for a WoW villain, is somewhat nice—the way he emotes is deeper than the Jailer, and his accent is something a tad refreshing we don't hear too much in WoW. His general demeanor is made a little more interesting by some very small distinctions from the likes of his predecessors. It's not bad at all.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-15 at 04:17 AM.