Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post

Except that Nightborne and Blood Elves are Nightborne and Blood Elves. They are no longer "Night Elf" or "High Elf" as both Thalyssra and Kael'thas tells us.

In the very cinematic - Thalyssra states "Slowly, it changed us." So are you saying that nelf fans are right and both Thalyssra and Blizzard are wrong?

Nightborne are just Nightborne
    Blood Elves are just Blood Elves.

Remove Night Elf and High Elf from them. They are no longer apart of or are relevant to those Horde races.
    The Night Elves especially, since no Night Elf was present for the wedding of Lor'themar and Thalyssra.
    Dude, you know EXACTLY what I am saying. You should have stuck to your own advise above. I certainly will.

You know exactly what fans mean when they say blood elves are horde high elves, or nightborne are horde night elves.

'You know it exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Dude, you know EXACTLY what I am saying. You should have stuck to your own advise above. I certainly will.

You know exactly what fans mean when they say blood elves are horde high elves, or nightborne are horde night elves.

'You know it exactly.
    But this is just Blizzard's lore.
    Two big named lore characters state that the populaces changed.

Now, in the current times - Night Elves have basically removed themselves from the Blood Elves and Nightborne.
    Relations aren't good between them if Tyrande and Malfurion won't pass their blessing onto Lor'themar and Thalyssra.

It's just Blood Elves and Nightborne - otherwise, we enter into the realms of the ridiculous where people talk about Blood Elves on this thread and this is NOT where that sort of discussion should be held. The point of this entire thread is very clear and the Mods have also made it clear.

But this is just Blizzard's lore.
    Two big named lore characters state that the populaces changed.

Now, in the current times - Night Elves have basically removed themselves from the Blood Elves and Nightborne.
    Relations aren't good between them if Tyrande and Malfurion won't pass their blessing onto Lor'themar and Thalyssra.

It's just Blood Elves and Nightborne - otherwise, we enter into the realms of the ridiculous where people talk about Blood Elves on this thread and this is NOT where that sort of discussion should be held. The point of this entire thread is very clear and the Mods have also made it clear.
    Tanaria, you know exactly what fans mean when they say this. Stop thinking people are stupid and they don't know the differences between the different elf groups. You know what they mean.

They also specify when they are talking about high elves as a race or as a faction, as the alliance faction of the race, or blood elves as the race of high elves or the faction of high elves on the horde which you know this is exactly what they are, it's not confusing to any of the regulars here.
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-03-14 at 09:29 PM.

Tanaria, you know exactly what fans mean when they say this. Stop thinking people are stupid and they don't know the differences between the different elf groups. You know what they mean.

They also specify when they are talking about high elves as a race or as a faction, as the alliance faction of the race, or blood elves as the race or the faction, it's not confusing to any of the regulars here.
    No, this thread is solely about the High Elves on the Alliance.
    No interest is given to the Blood Elves (or this silly notion of Horde High Elves as they don't exist.) This is the High Elf Megathread. Not the Blood Elf Megathread which is available when talking solely about Blood Elves.

Do we need to get a MOD in here, to remind us of the topic?

No interest is given to the Blood Elves (or this silly notion of Horde High Elves as they don't exist.) This is the High Elf Megathread. Not the Blood Elf Megathread which is available when talking solely about Blood Elves.

Do we need to get a MOD in here, to remind us of the topic?
    No? No? What are you saying.. when it relates, people have every right to talk about blood elves, and other elven faction, trolls or any race with respect to the faction. While this topic isn't focused on blood elf faction, it is not out of place for me to state, in order to prevent any misleading, that blood elves are high elves on the horde, nor is it to add that Nightborne are the horde night elves.

No? No? What are you saying.. when it relates, people have every right to talk about blood elves, and other elven faction, trolls or any race with respect to the faction. While this topic isn't focused on blood elf faction, it is not out of place for me to state, in order to prevent any misleading, that blood elves are high elves on the horde, nor is it to add that Nightborne are the horde night elves.
    People can talk about Blood Elves in the blood elf megathread, which has been made.

Doesn't need to be brought here

It's high elf discussion, not alliance high elf, if you read a title. Blood Elves are not a different race - they literally are high elves and with new eye colours we have, they are not even fel tainted anymore. "Blood" doesn't indicate new race, it indicates what essentially is political status

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It's high elf discussion, not alliance high elf, if you read a title. Blood Elves are not a different race - they literally are high elves and with new eye colours we have, they are not even fel tainted anymore. "Blood" doesn't indicate new race, it indicates what essentially is political status
    Yes, high elf discussion revolving around them being playable on the alliance.

Blood Elves already have a megathread to discuss everything about Blood Elves.

This isn't about them (and let's not disguise the whole Horde High Elf bullcrap.) It's Blood Elves and High Elves.

Horde High Elves exist in the same capacity as Alliance Blood Elves (High Elf and Void Elf.) The truth is though, neither exist.
    You know what I called High Elves when I was a noob - blue eyed alliance blood elves. So, the idea behind "Alliance Blood Elves" had existed for a lot longer than "Horde High Elves."

"Alliance Blood Elves" had existed for a lot longer than "Horde High Elves."
    You seem to miss a point of what High Elf is. It's a race. What you want to discuss is faction. Partisan High Elves are still high elves.

You seem to miss a point of what High Elf is. It's a race. What you want to discuss is faction. Partisan High Elves are still high elves.
    High Elves, for the purpose of this thread are about being playable on the alliance, in the main.

Blood Elf fans and blood elf talk don't need this thread to talk about something the alliance wants. We have our own megathread for the blood elves

@MyWholeLifeIsThunder - do you want to explain to Mace, because I truly can't be bothered.
    With all due respect to Mace, I don't think it would be conductive to anything.

The argument itself is just semantics, so really what's the point of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but let's not be obtuse, we have had this conversation on this thread before: the focus here has always been about the Modern High Elves that are still part of the alliance, not "High Elves" or "thalassians" as a whole, because Horde High Elves are part of the Blood Elf discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They are a model variation, but they aren't exactly the same races either. Nightborne aren't "Night Elves on Horde", they are Nightborne on Horde.

Night Elf on Horde would be Night Elf on Horde. ie- if Broll Bearmantle decided to take a bunch of NE with him so he could be on the same faction as Rehgar and Valeera; that would be Night Elf on Horde.

Other than sharing similar facial features, they have their own model with their own proportions, and Blizzard has gone out of their way to make them culturally distinct from NE.

Blood Elves and Void Elves being regarded as High Elves would make sense though, since they are still directly connected to High Elven culture.
    high elves are playable in horde and alliance because devs clearly said that blue eyes customization is for playing as high elf like there is sand troll customization or wildhammer customization

3+ Year Old Account
    Changes to my Vereesa Windrunner Reforged custom model: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...er-3-0.332948/

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Holy s**t, this thread is five years old!

Thalassian thread with Thalassian life span.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Changes to my Vereesa Windrunner Reforged custom model
    Mmm I don't know if I dig the idea of the SC tabard being affected by team color personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Holy s**t, this thread is five years old!

Thalassian thread with Thalassian life span.
    I'm just thinking what the heck happened over the years. It's just insane how time flies very fast.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    I'm just thinking what the heck happened over the years. It's just insane how time flies very fast.
    Same here! I still remember switching between this thread and the WoW Forums one, such a great time.

At least we got a better compromise in the end.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    I think I will just turn this into a picture dump of my High Elf custom models in WC3 Reforged
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Same here! I still remember switching between this thread and the WoW Forums one, such a great time.

At least we got a better compromise in the end.
    I remember when foreign players were paying to post on US Forums just to add their voices to the Alliance high elf request. Man, what a crazy amount of collaborating that took to happen to get to where we are today haha

And nothing like it since

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Horde fanboys saying High elves were not a core Alliance race and that we would never get them, that blond haired, blue-eyed elves standing in Stormwind wasn't gonna happen.

But High elves fans have always been confident about High elves being playable one day. And finally, they reached that goal.

The day we got the news is the day they all disappeared, taking their arguments with them.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"