Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR - Heirloom Upgrades, Aberrus Raid Unique Weapon Procs

Patch 10.1 PTR - Upgrading Heirlooms to Scale to Level 70
    Heirlooms are upgradable to Level 70 on the Patch 10.1 PTR via the normal Heirloom vendors in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Patch 10.1 PTR - Aberrus Raid Unique Weapon Procs
    Ashkandur, Fall of the Brotherhood is a two-handed sword with a special proc that drops in the penultimate encounter of the Aberrus, The Shadowed Crucible raid in Patch 10.1. There are likely more unique weapons with special effects in the works to be added in future updates to the PTR.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Equip: Your auto-attacks have a low chance to strike again with violent purpose, dealing 22,709 Shadowflame damage. This damage is doubled against Humanoids. (Approximately 1 procs per minute)

That sword looks like absolute ass, just like the first remake of Ashkandi did.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    That sword looks like absolute ass, just like the first remake of Ashkandi did.
    Sad state we're in unfortunately. Items continue to look worse and worse because the incentive to make them look good was sucked away with transmog. I'd be embarrassed if I worked at Blizzard and people preferred gear designs that were over a decade old to the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Sad state we're in unfortunately. Items continue to look worse and worse because the incentive to make them look good was sucked away with transmog. I'd be embarrassed if I worked at Blizzard and people preferred gear designs that were over a decade old to the new stuff.
    Yep, though a lot of the modern gear does look good, there's also a ton of shit like this (the club-shaped "sword" that's nicked and scratched). Ashkandi was cool in part because it looked sharp - why can't modern swords look sharp? Do they have to look like toys?

Looks way better in my opinion, art is subjective though.

Finally a version of Ashkandi that doesnt look like low quality garbage. God bless blizzards art team for fixing the horrible classic designs, we need more reworks like this

Strange because some modern tier sets looks incredibly well and alot better than the ones from previous expanions. So for me you are totally wrong on this take.

I see the heirloom upgrade cost is still insane and not worth it.

The form of this sword would look pretty good without the weird spikes at the end but the colour palette is atrocious.

Heirlooms are not lucrative anymore. The whole point of them was for the exp bonus.

IMO Legion and Shadowlands (BfA was good too for the most part) were peak WoW design and it seems that's where most current transmog mostly come from.
    I rarely see anyone wear anything older than WoD.

Dragonflight is definitely kinda shit when it comes to transmog, but it's also more of an outlier atm than really a trend where WoW gear looks worse over time.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2023-03-15 at 02:27 PM.

Hearing that heirlooms would scale to 70 really caught my interest, I was hoping they would scrap the upgrade costs and just make them all scale to 70 by default. Finding out that it's just another upgrade tier is just.. disheartening.

I got the vast majority of my 'looms back in WoTLK. Back then they scaled all the way from 1 to 80 with no further investment required. Now they do half that, and if I wanted to get them back up to where they used to be I need to pay hundreds of thousands of gold, if not millions.

What's the fucking point? I'm quite happy to stay unsubbed and not waste my time pissing away my own time and money just to farm gold to get my items back to nearly where they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by peepeepoopants View Post
    What's the fucking point? I'm quite happy to stay unsubbed and not waste my time pissing away my own time and money just to farm gold to get my items back to nearly where they used to be.
    How many alts do you level and how long it takes you lol? I get the sentiment, but leveling is so short that I don't think I even bother with them - only good for slower xp consumption, but with current rate it's essentially nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    How many alts do you level and how long it takes you lol? I get the sentiment, but leveling is so short that I don't think I even bother with them - only good for slower xp consumption, but with current rate it's essentially nothing.
    I like creating a lot of alts. And when I did briefly resub for Dragonflight it became abundantly clear that something is just off with the way characters and the world scale. Your character consistently feels weaker and weaker until you hit level cap and can start gearing up. You need to get a character mythic geared before you start feeling as strong as you did at level 10. Heirlooms help offset this in a big way.

But more than that it's just a kick in the teeth to have invested so much time collecting these items just to have them nerfed to the ground and then for the devs to sell a fix for the problem they created. Especially since you can now just buy gold. I understand Blizz didn't like everyone using heirlooms, that's why they removed the exp bonuses from them. But they've gone too far in the opposite direction and just made them a gigantic gold sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to drop another 200k on BOAs. give or take.

the hairloom upgrades also that sword dose indeed look ass are earlier than i expected

Managing upgrade levels on heirlooms is getting a bit crazy. I think it's time Blizzard took a look at the them and simplified their upgrade path a bit.

the tears of pvpers and m+ players crying how they "have to do raids" if they play 2hander melee will be delicious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Time to drop another 200k on BOAs. give or take.
    whats the point ? since they stopped giving xp % there is no point using them . everything scales to you itlv anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yep, though a lot of the modern gear does look good, there's also a ton of shit like this (the club-shaped "sword" that's nicked and scratched). Ashkandi was cool in part because it looked sharp - why can't modern swords look sharp? Do they have to look like toys?
    I get what you're saying, but have you seen castle Nathria's two handed swords? Those look pretty decent and are a recent addition.
    Same goes from Sanctum of Domination's swords i seem to recall.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You can literally dungeon crawl to level 60 in under 4 hours.