Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

He's doing just fine, guys. Big alpha male is gonna let prison break him. He's gonna bribe the guards and have his bitches in there any day now.

I guess homeboy thinks he's Dhalsim from Street Fighter or something.

Seriously, this man is a source of unending, unintentional comedy right now. And his poetry still sucks.
    I can't wait until he farts in the shower and someone says "That sounded about my size" and he claims to Shun Goku Satsu them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://apnews.com/article/andrew-ta...c3f4afd36e7db3

So, the judge refused to let Tate out on bail. So far the only update available since the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/andrew-ta...c3f4afd36e7db3

So, the judge refused to let Tate out on bail. So far the only update available since the last one.
    Plz dont confuse me for a tate bro because I find the whole thing hilarious.

But so far they have been detained longer than some murderers and rapists. What evidence beyond talking shit about having multiple passports does the judge have to bascially detain them for 2 months?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

But so far they have been detained longer than some murderers and rapists. What evidence beyond talking shit about having multiple passports does the judge have to bascially detain them for 2 months?
    They have his admission to doing it on video on his Hustlers University website, they have multiple women admitting that is what he did to them, including a couple underage ones, the wiretaps they had in place from April til December of 2022, oh, and they can legally detain him in Romania, per Romanian law, for up to 180 days til they have to charge him.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They have his admission to doing it on video on his Hustlers University website, they have multiple women admitting that is what he did to them, including a couple underage ones, the wiretaps they had in place from April til December of 2022, oh, and they can legally detain him in Romania, per Romanian law, for up to 180 days til they have to charge him.
    Right so 180 days is the key really?

Because guilty or not, you cant just keep people in prison without actually successfully charging them or putting charges forward to go to trail

Because even low life social influences still have rights

Because guilty or not, you cant just keep people in prison without actually successfully charging them or putting charges forward to go to trail

Well, with him being a flight risk, and all the evidence they have, they won't have a problem charging him. And it being Romania, I am not sure what rights/laws he has to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account

Have you ever heard about Guantanamo Bay? Not defending it, but "you cant just" ... seems to have been working perfectly fine for the US for decades...

Romania uses preventive detention quite aggressively for a number of reasons.

1. They have a massive issue with people fleeing the country and then not being extradited either because they go to places without extradition or claim that prison conditions in Romania are inhumane...which they probably are when compared to many wealthier and more liberal European countries.

2. They have massive problems with people with money and influence using that to influence or intimidate victims, witnesses and even investigators. Corruption is still a problem in the country.

So they have a sort of "When in doubt, detain" attitude.

This is actually not at all, at all, dissimilar from the US. The only thing is that in the US the only people affected by this are poor people who can't make bail.

In Europe bail is not a guaranteed right for all, but is rather required as a condition for conditional release and conditional release usually requires some sort of special situation like illness, having co-dependants (small children, being primary caretaker for someone with disabilities etc).

The total preliminary detention time possible is 180 days (unlimited in the US) with court hearings every 30 days for extensions (no court hearings required in the US, plenty of cases of people who can't make bail spending years in jail before actually seeing a judge).

After the first two extensions where Tate's legal team primarily attempted the "lack of evidence" tactic now they switched to "health issues" as clearly the court thinks there's enough evidence already and that he's a flight risk or a risk to the investigation process (the prosecutors have shown that Tate tried to reach out to some of people that might either be victims or witnesses).

So overall his detention is neither particularly unfair (I'd say it's actually fairer than the US wealth based bail system) nor is it unusual or unprecedented (for Romania or when taking into account that in Romania wealth doesn't guarantee bail).

I have never heard of murderers being released pending trial!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sure you can.

EDIT: to clarify since it's not the case in here, there obviously has be brought an actual charge against the person.
    Last edited by diller; 2023-03-15 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to educate myself on this one of these days. In the U.S., we are innocent until proven guilty. However, you can be put jailed if there is a warrant for your arrest and held in county jail until your trial if you are unable to pay bail. That whole process makes it sound like you are guilty until proven innocent.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I have to educate myself on this one of these days. In the U.S., we are innocent until proven guilty. However, you can be put jailed if there is a warrant for your arrest and held in county jail until your trial if you are unable to pay bail. That whole process makes it sound like you are guilty until proven innocent.
    This is something that is common in the US, but not in Europe. You may find it undemocratic, but we have the view that having money isn't a pass to get out of jail or some indicator of good character that someone wont flee prosecution or tampers with evidence...

10+ Year Old Account
    The CIA are using the shit your pants gun psychic waves gun on him, slowly making him insane.

Every 30 days prosecutors have to appear before the judge with sculpatory evidence for the investigation. They can keep them there for 180 days after which I assume they will press charges. The fact they haven't been charged yet can mean two things: there's not enough to charge them yet or there's so much to charge them with the investigators want to make sure they have not missed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The CIA are using the shit your pants gun psychic waves gun on him, slowly making him insane.
    I wouldn't discount the possibility he's going through withdrawal of whatever drugs he used to take on the outside.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Andrew Tate has ‘dynamic exchange’ in court and is then left ‘speechless’ over judge’s ruling

He was originally supposed to be in custody for ONLY 30 days, then it got extended in late January to another 30 days, then again in late February and now again here in late March.

We also noted that in Romania, someone who is under such investigation as is Tate can legally be held for a total of 180 days. This means he will likely be in custody until late June if those 180 days are fully exhausted.

The spokeswoman for the Tate brothers’ team, Mateea Petrescu, stated that Andrew and the team have been left “speechless,” following today’s ruling. Their surprise is mostly due to the fact that prosecutors in the case failed to bring forth any new evidence.

The dramatic moment of the day, however, happened when the judge did something he has not done before in this case – he addressed the Tate brothers in court directly to ask them what their response is to the prosecution saying that they would flee the country if set free.

The BBC reports that those in the courtroom say that what followed was a “dynamic exchange,” though what exactly was stated within that exchange has only been generically reported as Andrew claiming his innocence. It’s unclear if he questioned the judge’s previous rulings, but the judge unsurprisingly ruled again that the Tate brothers have their detainment extended another 30 days.

------

Hmf....no details on that "dynamic exchange."

Sounds like the judge actually tried to give them a chance to be released, but instead of being humble and promising not to try to leave the country Tate started rambling and arguing.

Because everyone knows, judges love that in their court room.

I vaguely remember him bragging about being in Romania back in the day because their criminal justice system was so corrupt that they'd never go after rapists/human traffickers like him. It would be the peak of delicious irony if it turned out that the only reason his freedom was taken from him was because of corrupt prosecutors/court officials. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out, on the next episode of Dragon Ball TopG!

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I vaguely remember him bragging about being in Romania back in the day because their criminal justice system was so corrupt that they'd never go after rapists/human traffickers like him. It would be the peak of delicious irony if it turned out that the only reason his freedom was taken from him was because of corrupt prosecutors/court officials. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out, on the next episode of Dragon Ball TopG!
    On the other hand Eastern European justice systems tend to be notoriously slow and this usually does not matter if they can get a judge that keeps suspects locked up regardless of limitations. If the police/prosecution works too slow and the international attention keeps the judge from giving them more time, this may just get Tate released no matter how guilty he objectively is.

Andrew Tate's incarceration extended until at least April 21st again.

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainmen...ppeal-2100135/

He has been released into house arrest

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65144651