Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Imagine if after Vashj'ir in Cata, 5.0 had been South Seas, with some islands, but the majority of zones being underwater

And with Dragonflying as a fast, player-controlled method of transportation, and Zaralek being loaded dynamically, both gameplay and technical aspects required for a chain of smaller islands (=expansion zones) dotted across a vast map are there.
    I hadn't thought of the last part, it's true it could make islands exploration feel more alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    My personal theory is they could be testing the waters. Obviously, this would mean you are right and it won't come in 11.0, but I do think it's possible that the reason for the underground setting is test the waters and see if it doesn't get too claustrophobic.
    I mean there are lots of possibility when it comes to underground zone, and the Nerubians deserve some love, so I could see it happening in the future.

Do we know who was that Zaralek anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zaralek Cavern seems to be a great precursor for something like Undermine in 12.0.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What do you mean fake 3 paint?
    There are many examples of bells, chains, holes and now with that tabard that is suppose give you that 3d effect to have these rumples on the side, but are in fact just painted on. The tabard model is still exactly the same. From the side you wouldn't even notice it's there. Look, Wow has increased 3d pieces on armor slowly over last few expansions, but it's still a thing. Trying to paint layers on a robe is another one of those examples, it's showing it's age imo.

Robes and capes is another big thing that comes to mind. We have seen many much better physics on npcs, that it's about time these pieces get a proper player model update. Cone/tube robes since 2004/2023-
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-03-15 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There are many examples of bells, chains, holes and now with that tabard that is suppose give you that 3d effect to have these rumples on the side, but are in fact just painted on. The tabard model is still exactly the same. From the side you wouldn't even notice it's there. Look, Wow has increased 3d pieces on armor slowly over last few expansions, but it's still a thing. Trying to paint layers on a robe is another one of those examples, it's showing it's age imo.

Robes and capes is another big thing that comes to mind. We have seen many much better physics on npcs, that it's about time these pieces get a proper player model update. Cone/tube robes since 2004/2023-
    As someone with a beginner's knowledge of 3D, I can only say that that is probably related to poly count. You need/have to save polys where you can otherwise it'd get heavy.

If we look at HD Ironforge guard model again, there are other elements that you could say would look better being 3D. The tabard's belt, the thighguards of the legpiece. But at the end of the day, you probably have to go with what's more relevant.

You can also say the same about detail/damage work. You don't go in and 3D model stone cracks, or scratches in metal, or the veins in a tree. You either texture paint them or sculpt and bake them into a normal map.

Blizzard has done this since WoW's inception. Hell, the game industry does it, otherwise their games wouldn't be runnable.

To any who want to see it, this is the 2nd colour variation of the Ironforge guard set. It's a lot more fancy, probably a royal guard or something

Has a similar colour scheme to Magni's armour in official artwork pre-crystalization imho

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean fake 3 paint?
    Probably how the thigh plates are painted on instead of 3d.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with a beginner's knowledge of 3D, I can only say that that is probably related to poly count. You need/have to save polys where you can otherwise it'd get heavy.
    I see some truth in what you are saying, but I think you are overreacting and you don't need to be an expert in seeing that some stuff is just oldschool and yes this tabard example is minor, but there are examples that should have been improved a long time ago. They are finally getting to kilts as it seems like. Getting extra layers on a leg piece or robe isn't going to suddenly break the game. They have been improving this over time and more will come as the PTR shows. I think we can all agree that painted layers or crystals on belts/glove/ or w/e is really not from this time anymore and we have seen they can do better.

I can see them give us some improved hair and cloth physics, examples like Lort'mar is were the game should be headed for players as well imo. But I hope they don't forget about robes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Probably how the thigh plates are painted on instead of 3d.
    It's even worse when they try to add shadow effects to it as well, but ye I think it's rediculous we still sometimes look like we are wearing yogapants from steel. But I could see why polycount in general could be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    To any who want to see it, this is the 2nd colour variation of the Ironforge guard set. It's a lot more fancy, probably a royal guard or something

Has a similar colour scheme to Magni's armour in official artwork pre-crystalization imho
    Even tho I was slightly complaining, this does looks fresh and I like the gold as it's not overly yellow looking.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-03-15 at 07:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ebyssian is gonna be the next Earthwarder from the looks of it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news/partial...0-1-ptr-331862

Also, some sick new Scarlet crusade item appearances.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-03-15 at 07:48 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like a super odd choice to pick the cow who spent over 10 thousand years grazing instead of literally any one else like even one of the random names dragons who helped rebuild there numbers in Outland.

Also god I wish they would make an updated mail scarlet set but that seems like a pipe dream.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Copium: Maybe it'll be a patch zone in an expansion set in Lordaeron?
    We can hope...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I like the red version more, because it literally screams scarlet crusade. But yes as awesome!

Also helmetless Neltharion looks much better.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/helmetl...al-scar-331901
    I wonder if we will get an updated malygos model as well, since It's not that this Neltharion model will be used much.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-03-15 at 08:03 PM.

This is lit, finally some clean sets from Vanilla are making a comeback in HD.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]

Ebyssian for Earthwarder is such a non-choice. His motivations are nonexistent, and the only narrative sense to have him lead is to not pick either Sabellian or Wrathion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This is lit, finally some clean sets from Vanilla are making a comeback in HD.
    World Revamp confirmed!
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Yeah, seems so. Silly but whatever. Hope he gets a decent model.

This way we are getting an aspect with a non human/elf visage. Now a good idea would be for them to remember Anachronos, make him an Aspect and give him a troll visage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, seems so. Silly but whatever. Hope he gets a decent model.

This way we are getting an aspect with a non human/elf visage. Now a good idea would be for them to remember Anachronos, make him an Aspect and give him a troll visage.
    So long as we don't count Thrall as the Earthwarder again I am happy with pretty much everything.

That being said, it would be nice to have some diversity among the aspects.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wow! That's fucking sick. I'm looking forward to seeing these boys back in action. I prefer the all-red color scheme, though. It looks far more like the classic armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Ebyssian for Earthwarder is such a non-choice. His motivations are nonexistent, and the only narrative sense to have him lead is to not pick either Sabellian or Wrathion.
    Do you mean to say that Blizzard fears committing to a decision that could maybe make people complain on the forums to have a good story? That maybe theoretically Blizzard would pick a non-actor instead of one of two very interesting and (generally intentionally-)flawed characters to make all the debate over which one should lead the Black Dragonflight moot and effectively squander that entire plot point to shove someone with none of the ambition of Wrathion or competence of Sabellian into a position that he probably wouldn't even want? Are you suggesting that it might be unfortunate that instead of someone who has any depth or dimensions as a character, we get a flying, fire-breathing Baine Bloodhoof? That somebody who acts exactly like every other Dragon Aspect is undesirable on account of being exactly the same as all the others personality-wise? Are you saying that given the option of a long-term, continuous power struggle that would come to define several conflicts over the course of the expansion or a solid continuation of Sabellian and Wrathion's arcs, we should not cast both aside in favor of the worst possible outcome to this situation?
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-03-15 at 09:35 PM.

Do you mean to say that Blizzard fears committing to a decision that could maybe make people complain on the forums to have a good story? That maybe theoretically Blizzard would pick a non-actor instead of one of two very interesting and (generally intentionally-)flawed characters to make all the debate over which one should lead the Black Dragonflight moot and effectively squander that entire plot point to shove someone with none of the ambition of Wrathion or competence of Sabellian into a position that he probably wouldn't even want? Are you suggesting that it might be unfortunate that instead of someone who has any depth or dimensions as a character, we get a flying, fire-breathing Baine Bloodhoof? That somebody who acts exactly like every other Dragon Aspect is undesirable on account of being exactly the same as all the others personality-wise? Are you saying that given the option of a long-term, continuous power struggle that would come to define several conflicts over the course of the expansion or a solid continuation of Sabellian and Wrathion's arcs, we should not cast both aside in favor of the worst possible outcome to this situation?
    Competence and ambition are just aggressive qualities and we can't have that.

Precisely. A good leader does absolutely nothing but vaguely spew nice-sounding platitudes that appear to make him wise and sensible. A terrible leader would be someone who is competent and generally demonstrates a good deal of assertiveness and intelligence or someone confident and ambitious with strong convictions and a great deal of charisma—a good leader is someone totally passive with no agenda other than to vaguely maintain order and who you cannot distinguish from everybody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ambition is technically dangerous if you are incredibly self centered.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi