Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Willow cancelled after one season by disney +.

Can you guys belive this!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

This post needed more characters

Well that was short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by ArminVanburkek View Post
    I didn't think the acting or writing was particularly good... so yeah, not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

The show seemed pretty bad so not surprised.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Another in a long line of properties that studios have been throwing at the wall to try to get them to stick. There is no love and effort behind many of these projects and the final outcome shows it.

I can believe it, yes.

What again was it?
    Another "netflixed" adaptation of a niche-yet-beloved-by some series?

Or simply poor quality without clear cause?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I can believe it, yes.

What again was it?
    Another "netflixed" adaptation of a niche-yet-beloved-by some series?

Or simply poor quality without clear cause?
    I thought that just a well known title would carry series alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course it would be canceled, it was on the same page of being dogshit like rings of power and wheel of time, but worse, difference is how disney can't dump money on the toilet like amazon can.

This show was so bad, full of woke shit, that ruined what could somehow, be a good story , I watched liked 4 episodes(second one was even decent) and could not take it anymore, and i hard it was downhill from there, maybe i will watch till the end just to see the train crashing.

Perhaps it is not as well known as you thought.
    I still have no idea what it is.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Of course it would be canceled, it was on the same page of being dogshit like rings of power and wheel of time, but worse, difference is how disney can't dump money on the toilet like amazon can.

This show was so bad, full of woke shit, that ruined what could somehow, be a good story , I watched liked 4 episodes(second one was even decent) and could not take it anymore, and i hard it was downhill from there, maybe i will watch till the end just to see the train crashing.
    And can add house of the dragon on that too.

Never really knew why they made the tv-show in the first place tbh.
    Willow was not that big of movie in the first place compared to other stuff from the 80s.

I started it but did not finish it. Not my cup 'o tea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Never really knew why they made the tv-show in the first place tbh.
    Willow was not that big of movie in the first place compared to other stuff from the 80s.
    It was not that big but it had a niche, it was pretty ok by the time, and was an already established setting/fantasy, easy to use and work on than to make up new shit these days.

They just shit on the bed, cause a generic fantasy show, like the movie, would be more memorable.

- - - Updated - - -

And can add house of the dragon on that too.
    I dunno about that, house was pretty good, by far one of the best shows last year, they knew how to work on it

Fair. Was shite.

Warwick just looked like he didn't want to be there.

Well-known? Gonna press X to doubt on that one. I wonder how many people had actually watched the movie (or even remembered it existed) before the run-up to the show itself.

Yes. The show had no buzz or engagement that would have kept it going. There was nothing to package with the show either.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Well-known? Gonna press X to doubt on that one. I wonder how many people had actually watched the movie (or even remembered it existed) before the run-up to the show itself.
    Gotta love the old "well if *I* don't know about something, hardly anyone else does, too, because I'm an everyday person and clearly the center of the universe, duh" mentality that seems to show up more and more.

Yes, a cult classic directed by Ron Howard, produced by George Lucas, and staring Val Kilmer and Warwick Davis at the height of their popularity. Who'd have heard of something obscure like that? Well, other than you and the other guy in the thread who said the same thing, of course.

There isn't an eye-roll emoji expressive enough for this level of derp.

Quick, do the Kennedys and Pink Floyd next! Surely you (or someone else) never heard of them, thereby proving without a doubt that no one else has either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    Gotta love the old "well if *I* don't know about something, hardly anyone else does, too, because I'm an everyday person and clearly the center of the universe, duh" mentality that seems to show up more and more.

Yes, a cult classic directed by Ron Howard, produced by George Lucas, and staring Val Kilmer and Warwick Davis at the height of their popularity. Who'd have heard of something obscure like that? Well, other than you and the other guy in the thread who said the same thing, of course.

There isn't an eye-roll emoji expressive enough for this level of derp.

Quick, do the Kennedys and Pink Floyd next! Surely you (or someone else) never heard of them, thereby proving without a doubt that no one else has either.
    It's a 34 year old movie thst wasn't that popular when it came out in 88. It was always kind if a niche movie.

It failed because it was shit and no one cared about it. Willow was never mainstream .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

No big loss right? I heard the story was quite weak and very, very woke. I didnt see it so don't know if thats true.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

yes and no.

While it started out weak ( with some scene expetions).
    The last 2 episode maybe even 3 where kinda great.

I wonder if the lack of new content on disney+ ( at least in EU) is part to blame. Because barely any good new stuff.
    And i think a lesbian couple in it also did not help. So much hating on that 2. while they did it pretty darn well.

For people who did not watch it or only the first few episodes. Its starts out slow but becomes better as the series goes on.

But was to be expected. If its not breasts, gore. Or if it only hints at left wing politics it will fail.
    Kinda a bummer, like 2 more seasons where planned. And i found it better as some of the failure's that is marvel shows right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    No big loss right? I heard the story was quite weak and very, very woke. I didnt see it so don't know if thats true.
    The story started out weak. But became better. As was in my eyes not weak. Also not the strongest. But more "real" then plothole ridden GoT type of series. And it had a nice pace.

And very woke....the fact you use that word says enough. Nope...it has a lesbian couple in it....wooptie freaking doo. They did not throw you over the head with it. They showed that they loved eachother. No pushing of it , like look here we have a lesbian couple.

But i think that is in part why it failed. because people like Mrh or ashealvsbabyface or nerdotic etc like to hate on stuff like this. If its not perfect or even hints at being a bit left wing, the haters come out.

And personally i do think its a big loss. In current adult shows, a show that is more for teens. A show you could watch with your parents, instead of uncle and aunts having sex with nieces and nephews ( looking at you GoT). Also was fun to see a type of 80's style adventure show.