Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It's funny how of all the things added in recent patches, these smaller HD remakes are the ones that get most attention and praise from the community. The Dwarf set is everywhere already while nobody is talking about any of the new tier sets, LMAO.
    I suppose they're just better-designed is all. That, and they bring with them copious amounts of nostalgia value.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how of all the things added in recent patches, these smaller HD remakes are the ones that get most attention and praise from the community. The Dwarf set is everywhere already while nobody is talking about any of the new tier sets, LMAO.
    I coulda sworn there were supposed to be undead sets too. There were two updated undercity tabards added in 10.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I coulda sworn there were supposed to be undead sets too. There were two updated undercity tabards added in 10.1.
    No armor was added yet, but they may just reuse other armor for new Dreadguards. Suspiciously the two Undercity tabards are one of the last things that Wowhead is choosing to show (next to the Emerald Dream glaive)

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Because Tier sets won't matter once the next tier is released. But old world model updates and SC lore has a longer shelf life.
    But it still amazes me to see this hype for such a small thing, which will be used primarily on old content, while new tier sets are usually the fancier class T-mogs added on each patch. They even make massive blue posts highlighting said sets on every big patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    they bring with them copious amounts of nostalgia value.
    While I cannot say this is 100% the case with Dragonflight, it feels like the franchise had drifted so much from its roots that people are missing the former self of the game so badly that even the smaller bits added that resemble the past are received with extreme excitement.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2023-03-16 at 10:45 PM.

it feels like the franchise had drifted so much from its roots that people are missing the former self of the game so badly that even the smaller bits added that resemble the past are received with extreme excitement.
    I feel as though Dragonflight is entirely built upon this kind of thing—I think there's an effort being made to return the franchise to its roots, or at least to project the appearance of such.

But it still amazes me to see this hype for such a small thing, which will be used primarily on old content, while new tier sets are usually the fancier class T-mogs added on each patch. They even make massive blue posts highlighting said sets on every big patch.
    You probably see more posts about the dwarf armor because:

A) Tier sets are expected again, and some are better than others (the Priest one this patch gets tons of traction)
    B) Stuff like the Dwarf armor is not intended to hype up the mass audience but the old heads that post more on wow social media (especially so on forums like this one)

I wonder if neltharion gauntlet of dracthyr mind control will play a part in the story they want to tell this expansion.

On another note I was thinking about Avaloren and it is supposed to be the home of heretics (seen as such by the watchers) for millennia. I guess it could be interesting to have this place be a island populated by an civilisation that thrives under the influence of the old gods but isn't hostile ( in the same vein as void elves are somewhat trustworthy) and which are able to move their land in order to remain safe from the dangers of titans many agents.

If they go in such a direction I would really like for them to start the expansion by having them move and drop their island in the middle of Northrend or Kalimdor, a known continent. That way we could have a reworked continent that feels very new and dangerous, etc. And have the Avaloren denizen either take the fight to the titans and/or raise back Old gods.

Having Tyr and Odyn back in charge of the watchers and the pantheon restored, their dragon pets empowered once more would show the people of Avaloren that new threads of fate will doom their people if they do not act preemptively and to ensure balance of power on Azeroth , they will use the remains of the old gods and fight the watchers.

(ok I've gone a bit banana on my fanfic, but I guess it's in this thread that this nonsense should have its home)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I feel as though Dragonflight is entirely built upon this kind of thing—I think there's an effort being made to return the franchise to its roots, or at least to project the appearance of such.
    Because of real-life events and losing my dad in horrendous circumstances won't lie glad to see the back of SL
    But i still think they missed a chance to put this expansion back by one and have us return home and see the impact of all the leaders away
    it's really stretching things to assume other factions wouldn't have taken advantage of no real leaders., unrest from the people.
    We returned from the afterlife only to travel off to another continent again.

Would be lovely to see them drop the leveling by numbers and start using a system that classes/specs become masters
    in those chosen paths. Talent system is a million times better but it still means a large collection of players have the same input on raids etc

Seems like 10.2 is going to be Emerald Dream, or Emerald Dream/Green Dragon related.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Seems like 10.2 is going to be Emerald Dream, or Emerald Dream/Green Dragon related.
    Probably Emerald Dream, since the item code name says Emerald Dream Outdoor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering what the origin of shadowflame is - whether it was something that Neltharion made and was kinda one of his "big breakthroughs" in terms of experiments considering Onyxia and Nefarion continued using it.

(SPOILERS from WoWhead):

Once we're out of the caldera, Ebyssian talks about shadowflame - A dark force that not even Neltharion himself could master. Neltharion was slowly corrupted by the shadowflame, until finally succumbing to madness. As we inspect Sabellian's wound, Sabellian claims he's fine, but he's clearly having a hard time even speaking, and mentions that the wound not only burns, but speaks to him.
    Sabellian: He--He caught my arm with shadowflame. It was on his BREATH, Ebyssian! He was consuming-- ARRRG! It burns! It speaks!
    Ebyssian: I saw! I know! Let us tend to your wounds, then we can talk about defeating this monster.
    Sabellian: My well-being is of no concern right now! Fyrakk is the only thing you should--
    Ebyssian: You are my brother. I will not trade your life for Fyrakk's, nor for anything.
    Sabellian: Arrrrrrnnnng--Fine. Only so that I may help you in our coming battle.

Ebyssian believes that shadowflame behaves similarly to magma - flame conducted to earth, and tasks us to go look for elemental cores and flame totems to attempt to conduct the shadowflame out of Sabellian's system. By using the Djaradin's elemental cores and totems, Ebyssian is able to extract the shadowflame from Sabellian's body.
    Ebyssian: Sabellian, how is your pain?
    Sabellian: I am still injured, but the shadowflame... It is gone. I no longer feel it creeping towards my soul.
    Ebyssian: We acted quickly enough, then. You are cleansed.
    Sabellian: I feared the worst... I feared I would end up like him.

So, nothing spectacularly spoilery in there but it elaborates on what shadowflame is a bit more and how operates. It seems to be corruptive much like the Void, while also exhibiting standard fire traits (burning, spreading, etc.) And is implied that it is what made Neltharion finally snap.

And Fyrakk is bathing in the sh*t. I don't think he is going to fair much better than Neltharion did, especially considering Neltharion seemed level headed whereas Fyrakk seems greedy, destructive, and power-hungry.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I had several of those vanilla mail sets as full xmogs before, for example the Blackforge sets, both the "black", the gold/blue and the normal one. But you gradually set them aside because the quality in comparison to modern pieces of gear is quite evident.

I would love for Blizzard to continue this effort and just make all that old gear HD.

While I cannot say this is 100% the case with Dragonflight, it feels like the franchise had drifted so much from its roots that people are missing the former self of the game so badly that even the smaller bits added that resemble the past are received with extreme excitement.
    I agree with you. If you launch Classic Era and then pick up DF, it feels like you're playing a completely different game. And not in a good way. I mean, I'm enjoying DF quite a bit, but I'm dying right now for a fresh Classic server so I can roll a new character and go in an adventure once again, with everyone in the same ground for decent groups and economy. The feeling of danger and mystery of the old world is nowhere near the current team's goals and/or skill.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    People always chasing for that past(When x game was new high) when they never going to get it again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, and here I was hoping “Shadowflame” was just regular fire empowered by void magic/energy to just be more… burny.

I think that Fyrakk being the crazy willingly void corrupted dragon means that the "Iridikron turns into Galakrond 2" idea is less likely to happen. Maybe the "Iridikron is full of Light" idea is actually plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think that Fyrakk being the crazy willingly void corrupted dragon means that the "Iridikron turns into Galakrond 2" idea is less likely to happen. Maybe the "Iridikron is full of Light" idea is actually plausible.
    I don't think it counts necessarily. The fairly obvious implication is that Iridikron knew that eating the void corrupted fire would corrupt Fyrakk and this was a way to both make his ally stronger and gain more power over him. if so, he'd presumably be doing the same with Vyranoth and the Emerald Dream/Nightmare over in the next patch, only for it to fail since the chances of her surviving are huge.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Damn, and here I was hoping “Shadowflame” was just regular fire empowered by void magic/energy to just be more… burny.
    Well, it sounds like it is. It sounds like it kinda sticks, like amaterasu in Naruto (the black fire that Mangekyō Sharingan wielders have).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I don't think it counts necessarily. The fairly obvious implication is that Iridikron knew that eating the void corrupted fire would corrupt Fyrakk and this was a way to both make his ally stronger and gain more power over him. if so, he'd presumably be doing the same with Vyranoth and the Emerald Dream/Nightmare over in the next patch, only for it to fail since the chances of her surviving are huge.
    That's true, I can see that being a plot beat, but I just think they won't do two void incarnates. Though I guess Fyrakk is still primarily fire.

Also new wowhead post that I THOUGHT was trolling, when they said Blue = Ardenweald, but there are actually three tints to the new Green dragonflight "vestements" in the files.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/green-d...331934?webhook

Green and Blue make sense for the Dream and Ardenweald, but the third color being Elune is an interesting read. I think we're going to go further into the Lifelands than JUST the Dream, and the "emeralddreamoutdoor" doesn't have to mean it's just the Dream that we'll be exploring (aka the copy of Azeroth).
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-03-17 at 06:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think we're going to go further into the Lifelands than JUST the Dream, and the "emeralddreamoutdoor" doesn't have to mean it's just the Dream that we'll be exploring (aka the copy of Azeroth).
    Hate to burst your bubble, but we just got back to real Azeroth from SL, the worst revied expansion in WoW history. The Emerald Dream is my favorite place in WoW by a wiiiiiiide margin. But I don't think the Lifelands are really on the table. We will probably look at a small segment of the Dream for now. But I would be shocked if the Dream ends up being a setting for 11.0