I need a problem solved: bribing people to a partial Ulduar

I’m a recent transfer that formed my own guild for 25 Uld and I’m gonna have to pug some people in to Ulduar, and I’m gonna have to bribe replacements to come in.

But the economy has been so ravaged by bots and gold buying that it’s difficult to farm anything of value.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2023-01-06 at 06:10 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I’m gonna have to pug some people in to Ulduar, and I’m gonna have to bribe replacements to come in.

But the economy has been so ravaged by bots and gold buying that it’s difficult to farm anything of value.
    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

in other news what server are you on, 100% sure most servers have GDKP's,

and outside of that find a guild.

if your a solo player, you wont need to bribe people to go to ulduar when its new the issue will be finding people in Trade/LFG that will help you clear it who arent bad.

and if you have a full guild team just shy of 10... try recruiting it will be easier once the release date is announced, and just after release than it is now.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Edited the post slightly, but yah finding people in trade that don’t suck is exactly the problem!
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I’m a recent transfer that formed my own guild for 25 Uld and I’m gonna have to pug some people in to Ulduar, and I’m gonna have to bribe replacements to come in.

Pure gold farms can net you close to 400g an hour which should be plenty.

Besides that, with GDKPs being so prevalent, alt leveling much easier in wrath alongside joyous journeys/ AV weekend, and so much gold already in circulation, gold buying is largely irrelevant as enough can get passed around in GDKPs to be self sustaining.

At the same time, bribing people to join a pug would need to outweigh them going to a GDKP which largely has the same outcome, potentially more if gear would be at all prioritized to guildies (which pugs will likely to believe will be the case regardless of your own stance). If you do not have a full 25m already and simply advertising a MS/OS run without HRs is not enough to get a group going, perhaps hosting your own GDKP is the solution. At least, if you're considering paying people to come already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Your best bet IMO is to host a GDKP run instead until your Guild manages to maintain at least 25 players every raid day.

You're practically guaranteed to fill your roster with ease if you change your run into a GDKP

It can be difficult to build a successful guild in this economy, but it is possible. Focus on recruiting reliable players who are willing to work together as a team to progress. Offer incentives such as mounts, gear, or money for completing content to attract people to join your guild. Make sure to establish a clear set of rules and expectations for guild members so everyone is on the same page. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Pure gold farms can net you close to 400g an hour which should be plenty.

Besides that, with GDKPs being so prevalent, alt leveling much easier in wrath alongside joyous journeys/ AV weekend, and so much gold already in circulation, gold buying is largely irrelevant as enough can get passed around in GDKPs to be self sustaining.

At the same time, bribing people to join a pug would need to outweigh them going to a GDKP which largely has the same outcome, potentially more if gear would be at all prioritized to guildies (which pugs will likely to believe will be the case regardless of your own stance). If you do not have a full 25m already and simply advertising a MS/OS run without HRs is not enough to get a group going, perhaps hosting your own GDKP is the solution. At least, if you're considering paying people to come already.
    These GDKP things are so foreign and absurd to me.

So happy they never came to my server.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    These GDKP things are so foreign and absurd to me.

So happy they never came to my server.
    You're on a server where nobody raids?
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually interested in PUGGING a partial Ulduar. I don't have time for a 4-hour random full NM PUG with my 2-3 alts. In fact, with some of them I only join PUGs which are saved from Freya/Thorim onwards.

Everyone raids.

Just never with GDKP.

Everyone raids.

Just never with GDKP.
    What server would that be?
    Enjoy.

What server would that be?
    Mirage raceway, Horde

Maybe some do it? But i never seen it be advertised in the ingame chat or server discord..
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2023-03-18 at 08:32 AM.

Replying to you because you asume that GDKP is the way to go.

ON my server GDKP runs take foever to fill in. Like you will see the same guy spaming for hours and usually you will see only 1 run on the weekend. While other raids just get filled super quick. My server inst kind to GDKP runner.

While i dont speak for all in my server most ppl i interact with think it is a plague. Same with GS although aloads of ppl are asking for GS and I simply reply with [ I dont use that toxic addon] i get inv every time and it is not even common for them to check my gear.

Only had one tryhard replying to me asking me how does he to know if i am good to which i replied [ how do you know if i am rich and bought all my gear in a GDKP] He said fair point.

Mirage raceway, Horde

Maybe some do it? But i never seen it be advertised in the ingame chat or server discord..
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna-the-Undying View Post
    Replying to you because you asume that GDKP is the way to go.
    Rather, my post was a joke that he said his server never has GDKPs, which, with how prevalent they are, would either mean his server does not raid at all (hence my original reply) or that he was exaggerating (which the post I quoted alludes to).
    Enjoy.

Rather, my post was a joke that he said his server never has GDKPs, which, with how prevalent they are, would either mean his server does not raid at all (hence my original reply) or that he was exaggerating (which the post I quoted alludes to).
    I've seen it twice in the chat since wotlk launch.

6 months.

So no, it is not "prevalent"

It is you who are exaggerating
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2023-03-18 at 06:05 PM.

I've seen it twice in the chat since wotlk launch.

6 months.

So no, it is not "prevalent"

It is you who are exaggerating
    Hope I haven't offended you in some way but you explicitly said never which, in the context of your post, means that zero GDKPs are on Horde-Mirage Raceway. A simple glance at the horde MR discord shows multiple GDKPs including several for Ulduar so that is objectively wrong.

Nonetheless, I only meant it as a joke suggesting that, were a server to never have a GDKP, that would have to mean that the server does not raid at all.

Again, I hope I have not upset you as that was not my intent. Hopefully these posts do not serve to further stress you/cause you to spend significant time reflecting on my posts in a way that sours your mood.
    Enjoy.

Hope I haven't offended you in some way but you explicitly said never which, in the context of your post, means that zero GDKPs are on Horde-Mirage Raceway. A simple glance at the horde MR discord shows multiple GDKPs including several for Ulduar so that is objectively wrong.

Nonetheless, I only meant it as a joke suggesting that, were a server to never have a GDKP, that would have to mean that the server does not raid at all.

Again, I hope I have not upset you as that was not my intent. Hopefully these posts do not serve to further stress you/cause you to spend significant time reflecting on my posts in a way that sours your mood.
    Might be more of a thing were those that do GKDP are active on discord instead of ingame (tradechat, general chat, etc). I would suspect the regular joe that just plays the game now and again aint that invested or even know what GDKP is. If they do, chances are decent they cant be bothered farming (lol buying) the gold for it.

its funny to look what happend with classic pug raiding. Quite hilarious. Its nothing but GDKP were sweatlords spend bought digital currency for lewt.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Might be more of a thing were those that do GKDP are active on discord instead of ingame (tradechat, general chat, etc). I would suspect the regular joe that just plays the game now and again aint that invested or even know what GDKP is. If they do, chances are decent they cant be bothered farming (lol buying) the gold for it.

its funny to look what happend with classic pug raiding. Quite hilarious. Its nothing but GDKP were sweatlords spend bought digital currency for lewt.
    With the gold you get simply by leveling to 80, I don't think the barrier to entry is very high and at that point, the payouts from the GDKP are sufficient in of themselves.
    Enjoy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the gold you get simply by leveling to 80, I don't think the barrier to entry is very high and at that point, the payouts from the GDKP are sufficient in of themselves.
    On Faerlina most GDKPs are looking for you to be able to show you have 50-80k gold. If you play the game this isn't hard to get. For example I started Ulduar with around 23k gold, selling runed orbs from raiding on 2 characters as my third was spending them for gear got me to around 90k after 10 weeks of raiding. I know people who didn't take advantage of this and asked me how I make gold now that runed orbs are sub 100g.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I find it funny calling people that bought gold sweatlords though. The people trying to avoid playing the game by spending money are not sweatlords. My guild for example has people who have 6-10 level 80s raiding on every character every week. One warlock in my guild for example has 5 warlock, 1 paladin, 1 death knight, 1 druid and 1 mage. Can find him in every guild raid, then on off nights in GDKPs. He will switch his main warlock in guild to his most geared one to get better parses. These are who I call sweatlords.

Havent played wow since like 2nd week of Ulduar. But on Thekal, aka server that opened up for re-rollers, at least back in Jan I had not seen a single GDKP spam thing. We just never got it, because the players that plays here dont want it...Or at least it was hidden away.

Btw go to north of ICC and kill the packt mobs, or do hodir + some daylies in ICC...pretty easy what 300-500g an hour.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO