Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That just highlights how disconnected from reality you are. It was pasted all over the news, with video released of the suspect to try and find them.
    He's since changed his tune from "what explosives?" to "Oh, those explosives...those aren't a big deal... bOtH sIdEZ"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump-commissioned report undercut his claims of dead and double voters

When Donald Trump called Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on Jan. 2, 2021, in a now-infamous bid to overturn the 2020 election, he alleged that thousands of dead people had voted in the state.

“So dead people voted, and I think the number is close to 5,000 people. And they went to obituaries. They went to all sorts of methods to come up with an accurate number, and a minimum is close to about 5,000 voters,” he said, without citing his study.

But a report commissioned by his own campaign dated one day prior told a different story: Researchers paid by Trump’s team had “high confidence” of only nine dead voters in Fulton County, defined as ballots that may have been cast by someone else in the name of a deceased person. They believed there was a “potential statewide exposure” of 23 such votes across the Peach State — or 4,977 fewer than the “minimum” Trump claimed.
    "Well, it was just the one state he blatantly lied about by two full degrees of magnitude, despite having proof of the contrary."

No.

In a separate failed bid to overturn the results in Nevada, Trump’s lawyers said in a court filing that 1,506 ballots were cast in the names of dead people and 42,284 voted twice. Trump lost the Silver State by about 33,000 votes.

The researchers paid by Trump’s team had “high confidence” that 12 ballots were cast in the names of deceased people in Clark County, Nev., and believed the “high end potential exposure” was 20 voters statewide — some 1,486 fewer than Trump’s lawyers said.

According to their research, the “low end potential exposure” of double voters was 45, while the “high end potential exposure” was 9,063. The judge tossed the Nevada case even as Trump continued to claim he won the state.

The “Project 2020” report conducted by the Berkeley Research Group has now been obtained by prosecutors investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol. A copy was reviewed by The Washington Post, and it shows that Trump’s own campaign paid more than $600,000 for research that undercut many of his most explosive claims. The research was never made public.
    Filing claims in court you know to be false really should be a crime. Team Trump probably didn't show the proof that they were lying to their clients, but they did direct their lawyers to file such claims while knowing they were lying. I mean, why bring your own lawyers into a crime? Then they'd be required to testify in a crime-fraud exception.

(seconds pass)

Trump brought his own lawyer into a crime and is required to testify in a crime-fraud exception.

So, yeah, bringing in @cubby less to explain what that means, but to laugh hysterically.

A judge was convinced that Trump intentionally used communications with his lawyer(s) to cover up a crime, meaning that -- yet again -- he does not have absolute immunity and no privilege applies.

Corcoran will testify in the special Jack Smith investigation into the Mar-a-Lago case.

Obviously Corcoran, who must by now realize he's facing enough jail time to ruin his practice and his life, is going to pretend he forgot everything and take the Fifth, but it basically doesn't matter. Okay, maybe I do need cubby for this, but it seems to me that this judge's ruling means the aforementioned communications will be handed over, and any texts/emails will speak for Corcoran. It probably won't be as straightforward as

"I want you to illegally hide these government documents I stole."
    "Yes sir, I agree to conspire in this clearly federal felonious act."

but it seems fairly clear that Smith has pretty convincing evidence that Trump asked Corcoran to obstruct justice and Corcoran did it.

Normally, I'd suspect that the people whose lives Trump ruined to save himself (like Cohen) would turn on Trump, but Trump's lawyers are down to the most pure of the cultists. Corcoran won't turn on Trump willingly. It's possible he even deleted messages which, I'm guessing, is also not great. A Nixonian gap in communications between Trump and his lawyer won't be regarded as a coincidence.

Mixed in with everything else are dozens of media sources citing dozens of experts all saying Trump could be arrested basically any day now. There's enough public evidence, and enough public actions by prosecutors suggesting such action, that Team Trump is likely swapping from "delay prosecution as long as possible" to "BIGLY YUGE WITCH HUNT! Buy my T-shirts during visiting hours".

I'll believe the arrests are imminent about 30 seconds after they happen, but Team Trump cannot be happy about how things are playing out. They've had barely a shred of good news in the last...ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That sounds like "majority shareholder" territory. Trump's social media site is, effectively, Russian-owned.
    "We have all the funding we need out of Russia."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

so donny reckons he will get pinched on tuesday?

/popcorn

He's Back: A Racist Dinosaur Story returns to facebook by saying his relationships are complicated.
    Former President Donald Trump has posted on Facebook for the first time since January 6, 2021, the day that rioters attacked the US Capitol.

“I’M BACK!” Trump wrote in the post, which included a short CNN clip of him from the night he was elected president during which he said: “Sorry to keep you waiting. Complicated business. Complicated.”
    This pleases an advisor of his.

“It makes my job a lot easier,” one adviser who works on outreach and fundraising said.

“It is the most important vehicle for fundraising and for reaching a lot of people in the persuadable audience,” the adviser said.
    AKA "He'll be able to tell his terrorist followers what to do again."

And with this Youtube had to go to Twitter since apparently Trump is no longer restricted on there.

“Starting today, the Donald J. Trump channel is no longer restricted and can upload new content. We carefully evaluated the continued risk of real-world violence, while balancing the chance for voters to hear equally from major national candidates in the run up to an election,” YouTube said on Twitter.

Democrats had warned Meta of the consequences of Trump’s return to the platform, with some lawmakers writing in a letter to the company late last year that Trump should be kept off the site as he continues to attack American democracy by repeating lies about the 2020 election. Republicans, free speech advocates and others, however, argued that maintaining the ban was an undue act of censorship and could put Trump at a disadvantage as a 2024 candidate.
    "Carefully evaluated" is just business talk for "I like money!"

I wonder how long it will take him to get banned on any of those again, or if they'll even bother with another one.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post

"Carefully evaluated" is just business talk for "I like money!"
    Pretty much. The prospect of the cash they can rake in from the upcoming 2024 shitshow would be too much for any social media company to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    so donny reckons he will get pinched on tuesday?
    Yes, he says he knows because of "illegal leaks"

As opposed to how we know, which is "every lawyer on Earth is watching law enforcement actions in proper protocol and making a prediction based on public evidence".

Maybe there is an illegal leak, but (a) it's to Trump's benefit so I don't see why he'd be upset to know and (b) it makes zero difference.

- - - Updated - - -

In addition to federal prosecutors being able to subpoena and question Corcoran, they now also have his notes. A federal judge handed them over to the DOJ.

According to a source, Corcoran’s professional notes about private communications with his client were turned over to Judge Howell, who was conducting an “in camera review”—a carefully controlled screening of confidential records that typically takes place in a judge’s chambers.

Judges who come to the conclusion that some legally protected and sensitive material must be turned over to an opposing side normally issue an order directing one side to do it, along with a deadline. Doing so gives the losing side the ability to appeal to a higher court—and prevent irreversible damage that could forever taint a case, according to two lawyers not involved in the case who spoke to The Daily Beast but asked not to be identified.

But Howell appears to have skipped that careful yet tedious approach—and just handed Smith a batch of documents that may show Trump and one of his lawyers planning a crime.

Either way, Trump’s legal team is left without recourse, and federal prosecutors have more evidence to bolster the next steps in their ballooning investigation.

“She’s taken all the legal relief out of their hands. If she orders them to do it, they can take up an appeal on an emergency basis. She may have been concerned from what she read in the documents. She may have not trusted them to comply with an order,” said David Cross, an experienced federal litigator at the Washington firm Morrison & Foerster who is not involved in the Trump case.
    Trump, who has fought for delay after delay to the point of lawyers being sanctioned (and possible obstruction charges?) has pissed off this judge for the last time. The judge saw evidence of a crime, and gave it to prosecutors, who surely have read it all by now.

"She's going to get so fired or disbarred."

I doubt it. This was her last day on the bench. She wanted to go out on a win for justice.

Also makes it seem like the notes were very damning. Not a 'in some light this might be seen as criminal but you might argue its not' but more of a 'there is no court that would deny this so lets not bother" situation.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he says he knows because of "illegal leaks"

As opposed to how we know, which is "every lawyer on Earth is watching law enforcement actions in proper protocol and making a prediction based on public evidence".

Maybe there is an illegal leak, but (a) it's to Trump's benefit so I don't see why he'd be upset to know and (b) it makes zero difference.
    5 bucks says he'll use the "illegality" of the leak to show "corruption" in this "witch hunt" as a defense in court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    5 bucks says he'll use the "illegality" of the leak to show "corruption" in this "witch hunt" as a defense in court.
    Unfortunately for him claiming blatantly false things in court has legal ramifications, unlike his normal schtick of claiming blatantly false things in public which he’s been doing lo these past 7 years.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Well, Cohen has given the best advice to anyone looking to represent Trump that wouldn't be a public defender. "Run."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...425df99bb&ei=9

Michael Cohen Hits Possible Trump Lawyers With 1 Word Of Advice

Michael Cohen, who served as Donald Trump’s lawyer and fixer for more than a decade, had a stark recommendation for attorneys who may be considering working with the former president.

As Trump reportedly faces imminent charges over a hush-money payment to adult actor Stormy Daniels, which saw Cohen himself convicted and sent to prison, the lawyer told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes on Friday:

“The smartest thing that a lawyer can do, if Donald Trump asks you to represent him in this nightmare that he is going to be living: run.”

“Run as fast as you can. And don’t run to Florida and especially not Palm Beach. Run someplace east or west, but definitely don’t get involved with Donald. That’s what I would say,” he added.

Cohen said Trump until now had avoided accountability and always thrown those surrounding him under the bus.

The revolving door of lawyers now working with Trump was a “clown show,” Cohen continued. He imagined them “coming out of a Mini Cooper with floppy shoes and a red nose because what they’re saying makes no sense.”

“There’s so many more people that are around (Trump) in terms of lawyers, that the big joke that’s out there now is that ‘MAGA’ really stands for ‘make attorneys get attorneys,’ and sadly that’s really the truth,” he added.

Hours after Donald Trump announced his impending arrest, Mike Pence joined the chorus of Republicans criticizing the Manhattan district attorney

This guy has to have his wife with ALL the time cause he is the biggest pussy I have ever seen. Yet, once more we will see that this has all been simply politicized that a person is above the law just by announcing for a political office.

Oh people will say; "He was once President". Yes and committed most of these crimes while President. We supposedly couldn't charge him while President and that almost as big of a "meow" Mueller didn't press. The Dems are such "kitty, kitty" that of course if we had 100 witnesses and 10 videos from every angle of Trump shooting someone on Fifth Avenue the Dems would be hard to pressed.

I can't believe which is worse the Dems just being wussies or Republicans the same but having the chance to let Trump go and crush him, yet they all get in line. For some bs like "Trump is just above the law".
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Hours after Donald Trump announced his impending arrest, Mike Pence joined the chorus of Republicans criticizing the Manhattan district attorney

This guy has to have his wife with ALL the time cause he is the biggest pussy I have ever seen. Yet, once more we will see that this has all been simply politicized that a person is above the law just by announcing for a political office.

Oh people will say; "He was once President". Yes and committed most of these crimes while President. We supposedly couldn't charge him while President and that almost as big of a "meow" Mueller didn't press. The Dems are such "kitty, kitty" that of course if we had 100 witnesses and 10 videos from every angle of Trump shooting someone on Fifth Avenue the Dems would be hard to pressed.

I can't believe which is worse the Dems just being wussies or Republicans the same but having the chance to let Trump go and crush him, yet they all get in line. For some bs like "Trump is just above the law".
    These people seem to forget that if a person who was president is allowed to get away with crimes committed only because they were president, then all people who are and have been president has to be allowed to do this. That means that anything Joe Biden has done before becoming president is now considered legit. The Biden laptop that the right keeps harping on? No crime there(not that there was one anyway). The supposed corruption Biden is committing? Perfectly fine.

Republicans are probably sweating hard right now, wondering who Trump's gonna turn on and what completely random-ass shit he's gonna make up and lie about to try to save his ass.

It's a good time to be driving a bus if you enjoy running people over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Also makes it seem like the notes were very damning.
    I can't speak for cubby, but I can speak as someone who reads his posts and tries to understand them: they are. Lawyer-client privilege is a big deal, in fact, there's more:

Trump Attorney's History With Stormy Daniels Could Be a Huge Problem

Long story short, Tapioca met with Daniels and the two of them talked business. While Daniels did not hire Tapioca, Tapioca is not allowed to divulge information about Daniels' case. It's illegal.

So for that judge to flat-out hand the communications over to the DOJ, yes, it must be that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Sure, why not at this point. He has no valid defense anyhow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump goes to prison Ron DeSantis becomes president. What a timeline we live in.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Trump goes to prison Ron DeSantis becomes president.
    That's likely but not unavoidable.

1) Trump's trial will not be over in a few days. He might not go to prison for a while yet.

2) Trump hates DeSantis therefore his base hates DeSantis. Trump might run third-party from prison, or his voters might just stay home.

I'm not counting on either of those, by the way, just looking for hope like a 16 seed fan. Hey...it can happen.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

1) Trump's trial will not be over in a few days. He might not go to prison for a while yet.

2) Trump hates DeSantis therefore his base hates DeSantis. Trump might run third-party from prison, or his voters might just stay home.

I'm not counting on either of those, by the way, just looking for hope like a 16 seed fan. Hey...it can happen.
    A sizeable number of his base believes that JFK Jr. is still alive and that Trump has actually been the President all this time. They might not even believe he's actually in prison and vote as if nothing had changed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/6255234001/

The article is from 2021, but this conspiracy is still alive.

Some supporters of the QAnon conspiracy gathered in Dallas this week as a theory circulated that John F. Kennedy Jr., who has been dead for more than 20 years, would reappear and announce that former President Trump will be reinstated as president.

Kennedy, the son of former President John F. Kennedy, died in 1999 in a plane crash at the age of 38. But some believers of the QAnon conspiracy theory say that Kennedy did not die, and he is set to return as Trump's vice president, according to multiple reports.

Trump not running for any reason IMO kills any changes of them beating Biden in 2024. His "fanbase" already doesn't trust the government or election system. If he was to go to prison they would riot and not vote and that "fanbase" is a sizeable chunk of Republican's voters.

Trump going to Prison might actually do major damage to Republican's.

(one can hope).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD