Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That would be against the design of the game then. They made it an open shared world as one of the major features. Not wanting that is not wanting Diablo 4.
    Well yeah, you're bang on. I don't want Diablo 4, I want PoE 2, but that isn't out yet - so I'm playing Diablo 4. I'm actually enjoying it so far but if this is the path ARPGs are going, my love for the genre will die. I don't want complex rotations, open world bullshit, raid bosses, or 50,000 different crafting mats in an ARPG. I want a movement skill and one-click screen clearing.

I get the feeling the game will move more in my direction as we get into later seasons.

Level 24 and have 7 legendaries equipped (against 9 found). I...am not sure how to feel about that. Tier II world.

I guess with aspects legendaries are going to be common to be fully decked out in, even at lower levels. Will have to see how the endgame gameplay loop works out.

First time playing Diablo series and I have to say D4 looks just like PoE. Even item color themes are the same lol

Every aspect of the shared world, dungeons, and social interaction I think is done better in Immortal.

All these dungeons and world events are lackluster.
    I don't agree about dungeons. Some of them are pretty long and in one of them I had to respec because could not beat last boss (had some ass build for testing purposes).

What I like is that my character even with some starting leveling crap gear looks awesome (rogue class) while my endgame character in PoE without MTX looks like some sort of caricature. They really nailed visual ingame armour look.

I just have to say, I hate precocious children in media.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Level 24 and have 7 legendaries equipped (against 9 found). I...am not sure how to feel about that. Tier II world.

I guess with aspects legendaries are going to be common to be fully decked out in, even at lower levels. Will have to see how the endgame gameplay loop works out.

Youre level 24 out of 25, in a lvl 70 game. Those legendaries more than likely arent going to last as long as they are now. There gear also isnt scaling correctly to level. Im doing the story quests and some of the rewards are lvl 6 or 7 item at lvl 23 (Mother's dagger dropped as a level 7 dagger). Im also doing Dungeons, Silent chests, and looking at the shops only to find lvl 12-15 gear. Even the Shard vendor was giving lvl 12 gear at lvl 21.

The main issues I have:

1: The game has felt VERY melee unfriendly so far as a Barbarian. Most of the Succubus bosses (pretty much any ranged boss/champion) will, consistently, run away from melee and move right into the STATIC AOE zones Mother and the following Book Boss specifically. I wont even get started on the Spider boss. Whoever designed that one, is an asshole.

2: Invisible walls are fairly common. NE exit of town. Second room of the dungeons with the red/black and cages/cells tileset (terrible description, i know), especially, have them.

3: Stutter-step

4: A carry over from D3 but why have NPCs that sell gear for gold at all. No one at lvl 10 is going to spend 12k of their 11k gold on a sword thats level 5, and if its an alt, you arent going to give a shit any ways. So why even have them? Make the disenchant/crafting Blacksmith be the vendor. Remove the buy armor and buy weapon tabs. Keep the sell, craft, and disenchant tabs and leave it at that.

5: Loot drops are off, as I stated above.

6: Barbarians need.... something. Granted im 24 out of 70, so things might change and even out. However, I feel like im attacking with a wet noodle. Deathblow is alright until bosses. The boss takes 100% increased damage needs to be upped to 200%. Something to offset the amount of damage im taking vs the amount of damage im dealing. Ignore pains helps but almost feels mandatory. Warcry isn a noticeable increase. Every single boss has been stun and vulnerable immune. Thankfully I managed to get a Legendary Necklace with WW Pull and got to run around with a Rogue for a while that did basically all the damage.

Stomp (for boss adds), Leap (for constant catch up/knockback mechanics), Death Blow, Ignore pain are my main 4 with Frenzy/WW

15+ Year Old Account
    I've played it in closed beta. I've played a druid. It was enjoyable but got boring after a few weeks mostly due to tuning issues - higher difficulty dungeons were literally impossible, everything else was pointless due to not providing any gear and power upgrades.
    Not sure what is the status now (hopefully most of these have been improved). My observations during the closed beta:

- Pve tuning is way off, sometimes it's literally impossible to avoid and/or outheal high damage abilities, especially as melee. Gets much worse later on with higher difficulty level dungeons.
    - Talents are extremely overengineered. The basic talent tree is great, but then you start to collect paragon-like talent points above lvl 50 or something like that and then you have to stack these points into incredibly large 2 dimensional talent grids pretty much endlessly.
    - Judging which gear is an upgrade seemed impossible. Every main stat was useful, could not decide which one was stronger. Combat/talent/skill bonuses granted by gear and their potential combinations were impossible to judge most of the time. In the end I checked the main power stats (dps, total health) and ignored most other factors after equipping new gear to decide what is or isn't an upgrade. It's a dumb system.
    - Respec costs are incredibly high (especially later on), several days of income has to be spent to respec. Expensive respecs is dumb idea by default, but having expensive respecs during a beta when you want people to test and try many things is idiotic. I've tried a grand total of 2 specs during the whole closed beta duration because trying much more was out of budget.
    - Mounts are useful and cool but very often they were annoying (unwanted remounts).
    Last edited by Zka; 2023-03-18 at 09:21 AM.

Can you aim targeted spells with controller more accurately?
    Feels like there is a set distance to all of them. Feels nice to play with a controller but so far M+KB seems better since I have way more accuracy and even range on things like teleport and hydra and such.

It's a shame you can't bind scroll wheel to force move like I have in D3... hopefully that will change.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Just came to quickly say that the world feeling empty is 100% intentional as the devs said they wanted it to feel dark and desolate.

Playing Rogue as a Bow and Trap user... some end dungeon bosses were too difficult to solo as Melee >_<;

. Voice acting, is equally top-notch. If you can't do VO this well just save the money and make more complex systems, other ARPG devs. Players are gonna skip your stuff anyway. You're probably not gonna afford VO directors or mixing at this level. Just don't bother.
    Love the voice of the deep gravelly Horadrim wussisname. You can cut trees down with it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I started as rogue melle but in one of the dungeons I got crushed by last boss. So I respecced to bow build and killed him easily. Now I mixed bow with melee and feels kinda good to play.

I wanna ask tho did you guys entered Menestad? I have quest here but when I try to enter I see invisible wall, my character just run in place and everything gets blurred near me. I don't know if its bug or just location locked due beta thing.
    That happened to me when I'm lagging out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Can you aim targeted spells with controller more accurately?
    Feels like there is a set distance to all of them. Feels nice to play with a controller but so far M+KB seems better since I have way more accuracy and even range on things like teleport and hydra and such.

It's a shame you can't bind scroll wheel to force move like I have in D3... hopefully that will change.
    Wondering that meself, was planning to install this on my Steam Deck after work today.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2023-03-18 at 09:51 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying it so far, didn’t get to play during day due to work/chores related issues finally got in around 1 am played for 3 hours enjoying it preety well and I’m kinda glad necro isn’t playable atm cause that’s gonna be main char once release hits.
    No real issues on my end sides some stuttering that’s probably due to my cpu being shits (ryzen7 2700 lolz)

I will play the open beta next weekend, for now I am just watching streams. Does not It looks a lot like D3? I know that Diablo is just Diablo, but I expected some kind of evolution. Are MMO elements the evolution? Because if I see a random player killing my mobs in my world I will be mad for sure.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Well yeah, have you seen the occulting stuff? You're just going to be taking your legendaries with you as you level and slotting them onto better rares.

At level 14 on tier 2 difficulty I found 0 so far but since its locked to 1 act people will run in full legendaries sooner or later due farming dungeons all time. But this does not bother me at all. Some rares with implemented legendary power are better than normal legendaries.
    And also Im curious for how long D4 endgame will keep me occupied. Anyway I will get tons of fun from the full game so it's insta buy for me. It's not perfect by any means but I like what I see in closed beta.

Itemization looks good so far. As others have mentioned, legendaries doesn't automatically means better than rares and blues and it's more about the correct items for your build. It's fun finding something that might have try a new build as well to incorporate said legendary.

haven't found uniques yet though, I assume they aren't in this beta? Could be max level gear? Rarity is higher than legendary according to the settings at least.

but so far this game both looks and feel great. They surely went all out on this.
    Love the world, but as I feared the shared world kinda ruins it a bit for me. Though not so much that I won't play the game. Still have to try one of the world bosses when it spawns.

Combat requires more thought than just blasting through. I felt the difficulty spike at lvl 23-25 were a bit rough. Personally I enjoy it if it's too hard than too easy though. Having to learn and use defensives according to the bosses spells feels good. Not sure if the dodge is supposed to have iframes or not, it seems a bit random if I get hit by an ability when using it, but I jot that down to me not dodging them properly.

Question is how the endgame will be which we won't be able to try.

Time to try the Barb. People say melee is harder which I don't doubt. Made an "auto-kill" build on my sorc really. Hydra + Lightning spear and chain lightning. Gives me focus on dodging stuff while those spells kills everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Itemization looks good so far. As others have mentioned, legendaries doesn't automatically means better than rares and blues and it's more about the correct items for your build. It's fun finding something that might have try a new build as well to incorporate said legendary.
    Correct legendary > correct rare

As always.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I will play the open beta next weekend, for now I am just watching streams. Does not It looks a lot like D3? I know that Diablo is just Diablo, but I expected some kind of evolution. Are MMO elements the evolution? Because if I see a random player killing my mobs in my world I will be mad for sure.
    It really does not look like D3. It very much looks like a darker version of D2

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by 'correct' legendary? The end game of this game is finding the best rares and imbuing them with legendary powers. I suppose that makes the item 'legendary' as well, but by all intent and purpose the true end game grind is finding the best rare possible and merging it with legendary items you found or properties you have in your codex.

Most of the rares that I find are generally better than legendary items, but I can't use them as effectively because the cost of imbuing those rares is a bit too steep. I assume once gold becomes less of an issue this will disappear though.

The game certainly feels desolate and most of the challenging stuff I've found (I've only died once on T2) were in the dungeons themselves, which are solo or party (if you invite people) adventures anyway. I find people at 'events' in the world from time to time, but 90% of my play experience in the open world is solo with the occasional person being there for an event taking place. Obviously a lot of people are playing the beta, so I'd assume that's a pretty good sample size of what to expect.

There are loads of things that can appear on items and just opening up your stat sheet will show you that the game is a bit more deep than D3 was in regards to affixes. That said, while higher number means better is a good guide line, it generally isn't always the case when building characters. Some of the % damage modifiers when stacked properly with certain talents give you a giant damage boost, and sometimes that means taking gear that doesn't have the ++ on ilvL score.

Game handles great, combat is fluid and the sound design is top notch. The only technical issues I've experienced is leaving towns at times there might be some stutter momentarily.

As far as a general critique I really hope they implement a proper overlay like D2, D3, PoE and Last Epoch have. It's super jarring having a full map open up and I'm sure most people feel similar about this. Like always I'm more concerned with how end game feels more than anything else and how it develops past the opening season of the game. The open world "MMO" feel is fine to me, and is one of the only things I liked about my limited time with Diablo Immortal. Again, I rarely saw people when I was playing, so take that as you will.

To each their own but when I play PoE all I generally want to do is press one button max, with a mobility skill because that's fun for me. Trying to do builds with several different buttons feels clunky as hell in PoE, but PoE is super fun when you just focus on a few buttons max (no, activating auras doesn't count). D3 always had smoother combat IMO and D4 feels largely the same, to where having builds where you're using several buttons semi frequently usually feels pretty good. I never play bow characters in this genre but I had fun using basic attacks into spender, while throwing traps on stationary targets and setting up caltrops to kite at the same time. All of it played pretty well together and fairly fluid.

The dungeons, cellars and cave areas feel very much like D2 to me. I don't really get D3 vibes at all, at least as far as the art direction goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Correct legendary > correct rare

As always.
    yes.... ??

Thank you @Tojara I liked the comment quite a lot, gave decent views into it. My main pet peeve with the game atm (haven't played it, maybe next week) is it looks like a console port.
    The whole UI is jarring for me (used to a more "PC UI style), I find everything to be too big, to console-y, with all the buttons there (the TAB for map, 1 for potion, and space for dodge), the lack of overlay map is also a - for me. Inventory and stats seem to be perfect for console, need to try it out on PC, and at a glance itemization seems a little lackluster.
    These are my concerns, but it looks great, sounds EVEN BETTER, and I guess I really need to try it out.
    All in all it doesn't feel like a 70€/$ game to me though.