Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just give Heirlooms an upgrade vendor.

Heirlooms can be upgraded to level 70 in 10.1!

Something about juggling two sets of tokens for various levels and heirloom types is just clunky and weird.

Beside every Timewalking and Heirloom vendor there should just be a Timewalker NPC that can upgrade heirlooms for varying costs.

Either that or the Scabbards and Casings should all be consolodated into one item that can be used on any heirloom of any type or any level.

This is dumb.

It has always been dumb. And it will most likely not change any time soon.

I think consolidating the tokens into a single for weapons and a single for the other pieces each expansion to get them to max level would make sense. Just roll the gold cost into that scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutath View Post
    I think consolidating the tokens into a single for weapons and a single for the other pieces each expansion to get them to max level would make sense. Just roll the gold cost into that scaling.
    ...Agreed. That's the main reason I buy a WoW Token or two every expansion. To cover the costs of upgrading my almost 4 dozen heirlooms. Would be far more efficient to have one Scabbard/Casing to upgrade ALL of your heirlooms to the current expansion you have. I can only assume there's technical limitations involved.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

The entire heirloom system is weird and outdated. It definitely deserves an overhaul, both in terms of how the upgrades etc. work and in terms of what they do. Heirlooms are barely even worth equipping in certain brackets, let alone the hassle of upgrading them. They need to be consolidated, streamlined, and integrated in ways that doesn't require you to go through 500 different items manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Something about juggling two sets of tokens for various levels and heirloom types is just clunky and weird.

Beside every Timewalking and Heirloom vendor there should just be a Timewalker NPC that can upgrade heirlooms for varying costs.

Either that or the Scabbards and Casings should all be consolodated into one item that can be used on any heirloom of any type or any level.

This is dumb.
    10/10!!!
    Having to buy a token and then apply it to the item, and then buy another token and....It's crazy. I've ended up NOT using heirlooms on alts because I just couldn't be bothered to figure out which all tokens I need to buy to upgrade them. If the upgrade vendor worked the same as Valor upgrades have, it would be SO much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutath View Post
    Doesnt even have to jump straight to level 70. Each token you use increases its level to the next cutoff, boom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt even have to jump straight to level 70. Each token you use increases its level to the next cutoff, boom.
    Blizz apparently plans to auto upgrade all heirlooms to 70 with the next major patch so there's that. We'll have to wait and see if this means they're scrapping the upgrade system entirely and will just do universal auto-upgrade every expansion. Hopefully that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

The entire heirloom system is weird and outdated. It definitely deserves an overhaul, both in terms of how the upgrades etc. work and in terms of what they do. Heirlooms are barely even worth equipping in certain brackets, let alone the hassle of upgrading them. They need to be consolidated, streamlined, and integrated in ways that doesn't require you to go through 500 different items manually.
    Blizz has done two significant overhauls for the Heirloom system since they were introduced in Wrath. One was the Heirlooms tab in WoD, removing the need to mail 'looms cross-account. The other was removing the EXP buff in Shadowlands. Heirlooms are supposed to be and feel OP compared to normal gear while leveling on that note. They removed the EXP buff because despite a few EXP Squishes, a Level Squish and Timewalking Campaigns being introduced, it's still very easy to overlevel through old content. They're trying to find that sweet spot that would be seeing all story content in a zone or expansion without being 3+ levels beyond it which is the case now.

For example. I was level 51 by the time I finished 90% of BFA's story content last year. That's excluding max-level content to be clear. I'm probably gonna hit level 60 in Shadowlands before I finish the first two zones on normal progression. Like I did with BFA, I'm not playing DF until after I've played through all of SL's story content first excluding Raids. That's just me though.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

While I think, that heirlooms are mandatory now, as gear starts to fall behind without them, so I start to struggle, I still can do well without buying upgrades beyond 44lvl, i.e. it's better to struggle a little bit for 16 levels, than waste hundreds of thousands of gold to buy upgrades.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Wow, you think heirlooms are mandatory? Can you explain why?

My view is their only justification for existence is to save you the trouble of taking 2 seconds to click on quest greens to replace old gear. I have millions of gold in the bank, tons of alts sitting at 60 ready to level, and I don't have a single heirloom scaling over level 45. There's just no point with the XP bonus removed. They don't offer a noticeable power benefit, the QoL gain is very small, and they're really quite expensive if you want to kit out four armor types.

Not only do I not find them mandatory, they should be either revamped from the ground-up or flat-out removed from the game as they serve no purpose today.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2023-03-14 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Blizz apparently plans to auto upgrade all heirlooms to 70 with the next major patch so there's that. We'll have to wait and see if this means they're scrapping the upgrade system entirely and will just do universal auto-upgrade every expansion. Hopefully that's the case.
    Where did you get this impression? As far as I'm aware, Blizzard has added tokens that increase the max level scaling of heirlooms from 60 to 70, which seems to directly contradict what you're claiming.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Where did you get this impression? As far as I'm aware, Blizzard has added tokens that increase the max level scaling of heirlooms from 60 to 70, which seems to directly contradict what you're claiming.

MMO-C's front page before the extra info dropped in the last 48 hours. Seems I wasn't too far off base. It's now just the one token that you use to upgrade 'Looms straight to 70.

MMO-C's front page before the extra info dropped in the last 48 hours. Seems I wasn't too far off base. It's now just the one token that you use to upgrade 'Looms straight to 70.
    No, it only upgrades level 60 looms to 70. Just like the ones before it. Check the tooltip.

Having it be one item, then one "upgrade token" item that works on any heirloom of any slot, for a set price each time, would definitely make it a LOT easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Not only do I not find them mandatory, they should be either revamped from the ground-up or flat-out removed from the game as they serve no purpose today.
    They're a particularly potent overcharge for the first 20 or so levels and handy as a fallback when they mess around with the level/stat squishing. I've got several characters now at level 50 wearing what were legion epics but are now 1/4 the ilevel of the greens in their bags somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

not sure where you read that and if its just not yet in, but currently on 10.1 ptr they just added tokens for last "rank" upgrade, still have shitloads of tokens for no good reason

Why would I pay gold to upgrade heirlooms though when I have TWer badges?!?! I easily have enough from all my alts to have all the pieces that I use upgraded to the current max level. I might have enough to do it when 10.1 hits as well. My god... complaining about stuff that isn't "mandatory" or "being forced" to do. I swear you guys find stuff to complain about just for the sake of complaining about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Wow, you think heirlooms are mandatory? Can you explain why?

My view is their only justification for existence is to save you the trouble of taking 2 seconds to click on quest greens to replace old gear. I have millions of gold in the bank, tons of alts sitting at 60 ready to level, and I don't have a single heirloom scaling over level 45. There's just no point with the XP bonus removed. They don't offer a noticeable power benefit, the QoL gain is very small, and they're really quite expensive if you want to kit out four armor types.

They do offer a large power benefit, you are unlikely to get the right upgrades to keep up with leveling, its a massive QoL for leveling alts, your also saying you have millions of gold in the bank, less than 500k to upgrade all heirlooms to max but you dont need to go that far just upgrade weapons and armor and your ring and that covers most of it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

This is dumb.
    ... It's been a long while since I dealt with upgrading heirlooms, but isn't there a NPC in Ironforge (for the Alliance) that sells heirlooms and all their upgrade tokens for gold? I'm sure there's one for the Horde as well, but I don't play Horde so I don't know where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... It's been a long while since I dealt with upgrading heirlooms, but isn't there a NPC in Ironforge (for the Alliance) that sells heirlooms and all their upgrade tokens for gold? I'm sure there's one for the Horde as well, but I don't play Horde so I don't know where he is.
    Pretty sure this is about simplifying the upgrade process, not finding the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Pretty sure this is about simplifying the upgrade process, not finding the vendor.
    My original understanding was that he was talking about the TW vendors, and wanting to be able to upgrade heirlooms with different currencies, hence why I mentioned doing it for gold.