Have you noticed completely broken quests in old content?

In most cases if you encounter UI or phasing bug - it's enough to reload UI or relog. It has been like that for ages. But since DF I've started to notice completely broken quests, where NPC just becomes inactive and you can't do anything about it. Abandoning quest and doing it from scratch usually helps. Yeah, it's bad thing, but at least it works. Problem is - today I've encountered completely broken quest, where even abandoning it doesn't work. And it's dead end.

Looks like there is major bug at server side. What can I do about it?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-03-19 at 10:27 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    In most cases if you encounter UI or phasing bug - it's enough to reload UI or relog. It has been like that for ages. But since DF I've started to notice completely broken quests, where NPC just becomes inactive and you can't do anything about it. Abandoning quest and doing it from scratch usually helps. Yeah, it's bad thing, but at least it works. Problem is - today I've encountered completely broken quest, where even abandoning it doesn't work. And it's dead end.
    Not noticed any yet. I level through old content a lot. The most buggy time I've had with old quests were during Legion and BFA.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Mostly phasing issues, like the fact that you can't start Legion horde-side if you haven't started BFA.
    MMO Champs :

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post

Looks like there is major bug at server side. What can I do about it?
    which specific quests are you referring to? I know the inside and outside of Grommash Hold were phased, I was trying to turn a quest in for Orgrimmar rep and had to start the SL quests which thankfully I was able to skip, that got rid of Mograine outside of GH but then on the inside there was Sylvanas with a quest to go hunt down Saurfang who had escaped from Stormwind. had to do those quests to get rid of her just so I could turn in the Netharion head quest.

and don't get me fucking started on the class quests which new players exploring Orgrimmar pick up and then travel all the way to Shadowfang fucking Keep and obviously can't do it and can't queue for it because it's not a BfA dungeon.

there are lots of things for Blizz to fix when it comes to quests and phasing in the major cities

NPC becoming inactive and requring you to walk away and come back happens quite frequently and everywhere.
    The phasing issues though are pretty bad, especially a mess in and around Orgrimmar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    NPC becoming inactive and requring you to walk away and come back happens quite frequently and everywhere.
    The phasing issues though are pretty bad, especially a mess in and around Orgrimmar
    Oh, that one I've experienced, the inactive NPC thing, but an issue that has been around for the last 3 years or so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    which specific quests are you referring to? I know the inside and outside of Grommash Hold were phased, I was trying to turn a quest in for Orgrimmar rep and had to start the SL quests which thankfully I was able to skip, that got rid of Mograine outside of GH but then on the inside there was Sylvanas with a quest to go hunt down Saurfang who had escaped from Stormwind. had to do those quests to get rid of her just so I could turn in the Netharion head quest.

and don't get me fucking started on the class quests which new players exploring Orgrimmar pick up and then travel all the way to Shadowfang fucking Keep and obviously can't do it and can't queue for it because it's not a BfA dungeon.

there are lots of things for Blizz to fix when it comes to quests and phasing in the major cities
    Overall it feels like quests brake completely randomly. Symptoms: NPC shows question mark, but clicking on it does nothing - dialog window to complete quest doesn't open. Reloading, relogging and restarting game don't help. Even disabling all addons doesn't help. In all previous cases only doing quest from scratch helped me. My specific quest was An audience with Torok. Quest is easy to do from scratch, so I tried to complete it ~5 times. Thx God, at the end I managed to complete it. But this problem happens way too often. May be once a day. It's good thing, when quest is easy to do from scratch. But what about failing some long quest?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah. I've been working on Loremaster and have encountered many bugged quests that I have to redo. Uldum was really bad.

All quests that lead to a change in phasing seem in my experience to have a 20% chance of bugging out and leaving you stranded, with no (or the wrong version) of the NPC you are supposed to interact with. If the phasing was supposed to happen during the quest reloading or relogging won't help, you indeed have to abort and restart the quest.

Half of the invasion quests in Azshuna bug out and you at least have to leave and reenter the quest area. It's really annoying. I assume they are aware of the issue, it's not really hard to reproduce and probably some bug in their sharding system.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    probably some bug in their sharding system.
    Oh yeah, forgot about sharding which is absolutely messed up this expansion. While not very often I did found myself thrown off to another shard even while fighting mobs (particularly annoying when I tried to farm some rares) and sometime failing to get put on a shard when flying from one zone to another, being forced to alt+f4 and relog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Oh this one has been rampant since Dragonflight launched. It confused me so much in the beginning until I figured it out.

- - - Updated - - -

I experienced a lot of issues while leveling in MoP on my Paladin a few days ago.
    There is this quest in Kun-Lai where you ride a cart with grummles up the mountain tossing stuff at hozen, and the cart just decided to go half way up, the yaks disappeared, and then the cart zoomed back to the starting point and then restarted the journey clipping underground the whole way.

I could complete it but goddamn it was broken.

I have not noticed anything recently, as I haven't leveled any new characters since BFA, but I remember having to send a ticket several times throughout Wrath through MoP because a quest was broken, I triple checked the requirements, and a GM had to flag my account over to the next step in the questline to move forwards. Things have probably gotten messier with phasing, timewalking, and scenario-style quests all in the mix now.