ahhahahahaahah relegate us, tinpot club

Surely you have a manager and team in place already before you sack someone.

The Hodgson link is just a joke though right? Didn't you sack him 2 years ago because he was 73, playing dinosaur football and you wanted to refresh the club with a new path and younger players? Doesn't seem logical to get a 75 year old Roy back in.

Tbh the club is run by clowns, so it’s par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Tbh the club is run by clowns, so it’s par for the course.
    nah the club is well run behind the scenes. And viera has been hammered this year although alot of it seems more down to the players to me. Bit of panic because they want to stay up. Would be surprised if they dont have a manager lined up already post international break.

Man City's draws in champions league is giving me Barcelona uefa vibes. Statistically they should have drew harder teams by now but they always get the easy route

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Don't see Milan getting past Napoli, but are Inter worse than Benfica?
    If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Benfica there and I am a pretty big Lukaku fan. Benfica is one of those teams where you go "Oh they are not from England/Germany/Spain/Italy" but their pressing game, combined with top notch physical prowess and good technical players make them a super solid team.

I just don't get that same vibe from the current Inter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Conte is done. That was the post match interview of a man who knows his days are numbered.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Man, Conte is done. That was the post match interview of a man who knows his days are numbered.
    Feels more like he's been trying to get sacked for weeks now without success. If Spurs actually had any trophies I wouldn't be surprised if Conte pulled the George Costanza and tied it to his car and drove around the parking lot.

conte must have a decent pay out clause lmao

kane and son will have to move on, although sons been invisible lately. Any team would take kane for his ability, and even if son doesnt do much the shirt sales alone would pay for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Feels more like he's been trying to get sacked for weeks now without success. If Spurs actually had any trophies I wouldn't be surprised if Conte pulled the George Costanza and tied it to his car and drove around the parking lot.
    Conte has probably said and behaved the way hes been doing in the belief he would get a reaction from the players. He havent though, it failed miserably. That could be for many reasons.

Truth is, after Tottenham lost the CL final they have just been wobbeling around and been carried hard by Son & Kane. Those two should really move on if they want to win anything. I can respect it if they dont, but they gotta realise what that means.

Watching Palace against Arsenal (and being a fan of the former) is a painful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Watching Palace against Arsenal (and being a fan of the former) is a painful experience.
    Don’t worry, Roy is coming to save it.

yes, retreads always work. I had high hopes for Patrick but scoring like 7 goals in a calendar year doesn't seem to be a formula for success.

Can never keep a clean sheet at home, even against the team that went 5 hours without scoring

Don't know what's happened to our set pieces this season either. Last season we went almost the whole season without conceding from a corner, something like 200 corners faced, feels like we concede from one every match at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Can never keep a clean sheet at home, even against the team that went 5 hours without scoring

Don't know what's happened to our set pieces this season either. Last season we went almost the whole season without conceding from a corner, something like 200 corners faced, feels like we concede from one every match at the moment
    You won 4-1. What even is this post? Conceding a corner to Schlupp is cause for concern?

absolutely criminal here from fulham.

palace are barely worth talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe that collapse, absolutely mental. You're 1-0 up, you commit a stupid penalty that's a clear red, fair enough it's a tie and you're down to 10 men. Play out for a draw and hope you get a lucky break or go to penalties.

Nope, get your manager sent off then elbow the referee and be 9 men down.

Absolute capitulation.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Epic meltdown from Fulham. Utter insanity. Willian with a clear handball to deny a goal, clear pen and card. Nothing to get mental about at all.

Mitrovic and Silva thought otherwise. 3 red cards in a minute or two. United score on pen and minutes after its 2-1.

Rarely have I seen a team be so good for most of a match and go into total meltdown out of literally nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I can't believe that collapse, absolutely mental. You're 1-0 up, you commit a stupid penalty that's a clear red, fair enough it's a tie and you're down to 10 men. Play out for a draw and hope you get a lucky break or go to penalties.

Nope, get your manager sent off then elbow the referee and be 9 men down.

Absolute capitulation.
    Its wild. I cant believe something like that happend on top level. Sunday league football match? Sure, why not. FA cup tie between two PL sides? No way. Mitrovic, and especially Silva should be embarrased.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Epic meltdown from Fulham. Utter insanity. Willian with a clear handball to deny a goal, clear pen and card. Nothing to get mental about at all.

Mitrovic and Silva thought otherwise. 3 red cards in a minute or two. United score on pen and minutes after its 2-1.

Rarely have I seen a team be so good for most of a match and go into total meltdown out of literally nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Its wild. I cant believe something like that happend on top level. Sunday league football match? Sure, why not. FA cup tie between two PL sides? No way. Mitrovic, and especially Silva should be embarrased.
    Mitrovic didnt just blow this game Fulham going for Europe in the leagues, hes gone at least 3 games and that could be extended for what he did Id find it hard to forgive that as a Fulham fan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You won 4-1. What even is this post? Conceding a corner to Schlupp is cause for concern?
    I believe it's what the internet refers to as a humblebrag.