Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 10.0.7 PTR - Zskera Vaults, Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stones Preview

Zskera Vaults Preview

• Zskera Vaults are large underground chambers containing various treasures and secrets.
    • The chambers are randomly generated each week and change with the weekly reset.
    • To unlock doors within the Zskera Vaults you will need Zskera Vault Keys.
    • Pathfinder Tacha will initially give you 6 Zskera Vault Key for free.
    • More keys can be farmed by defeating Rare Elites and looting Treasure Chests in the Forbidden Reach.

Pet Rewards
    • Patos - Teaches Patos: "This frillfish is a no-frills kind of frillfish."
    • Kobaldt - Teaches Kobaldt: "Sharp crystal needles protrude from this creature's back, and yet it still wants you to pet it somehow."
    • Gilded Mechafrog - Teaches Gilded Mechafrog: "An old and dangerous discarded toy."

Toy Rewards

Other Rewards

Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stones Preview

• The Onyx Annulet is a powerful ring that can be socketed with three Primordial Stones.
    • Each socketed Primordial Stone grants powerful bonuses and increases the ring's item level (which gives more stamina).
    • After you hand in the Unusual Ring from the Zskera Vaults and receive the Onyx Annulet, Researcher Imareth will offer a follow-up quest to retrieve the Primordial Jeweler's Kit and the Primordial Anvil from the Zskera Vaults. Completing this quest unlocks additional crafting options:

Upgrading Primordial Stones

Primordial Stones Families

Condensed Fire Magic - Create a Primordial Stone from the Fire family.
    • Flame Licked Stone - Dealing damage has a chance to set the enemy on fire, dealing 17,325 Fire damage over 7 sec.
    • Raging Magma Stone - Absorbing damage has a chance to coat you in lava, causing melee attackers to take 2,406 Fire damage for 6 sec.
    • Searing Smokey Stone - Successful interrupts exhale smoke, dealing 6,875 Fire damage to enemies within a 8 yd cone in front of you.
    • Entropic Fel Stone - Fire damage dealt by Primordial Stones is increased by 60%, and is now Chaos damage.

Condensed Frost Magic - Create a Primordial Stone from the Frost family.
    • Deluging Water Stone - Abilities have a chance to drench a nearby ally, healing them for 26,004 over 6 sec.
    • Freezing Ice Stone - Dealing damage has a chance to chill the enemy, dealing 16,171 Frost damage and slowing them by 15% for 6 sec.
    • Cold Frost Stone - Gain a Frost shield every 20 sec that absorbs 21,670 damage and slows melee attackers by 15% for 5 sec.
    • Exuding Steam Stone - Receiving heals has a chance to exude steam, restoring 12,039 health to yourself and 2 nearby allies.

Condensed Earth Magic - Create a Primordial Stone from the Earth family.
    • Indomitable Earth Stone - Taking damage has a chance to shield yourself, absorbing 32,506 damage for 12 sec.
    • Shining Obsidian Stone - Gaining an absorb shield from a Primordial Stone erupts the ground, dealing 25,782 Physical damage split between enemies within 5 yd. Damage is increased for each enemy struck, up to 5 enemies.
    • Gleaming Iron Stone - Standing still for 3 seconds in combat steels yourself, absorbing 16,253 damage and increasing autoattack damage by 305 for 25 sec.

Condensed Nature Magic - Create a Primordial Stone from the Nature family.
    • Storm Infused Stone - Critically striking an enemy has a chance to shock them and 2 nearby enemies, dealing 9,300 Nature damage.
    • Echoing Thunder Stone - Moving builds an electrical charge, causing your next damaging ability to also deal 14,437 Nature damage.
    • Wild Spirit Stone - Nature and healing effects from Primordial Stones restore 7,602 health of 5 nearby allies over 7 sec.
    • Pestilent Plague Stone - Dealing damage has a chance to infect the target with a plague that spreads to nearby enemies, dealing 9,621 Nature damage over 9 sec.
    • Wind Sculpted Stone - Moving rallies the wind to your side, granting 93 Speed stacking up to 5 times.

Condensed Arcane Magic - Create a Primordial Stone from the Arcane family.
    • Sparkling Mana Stone - Frost effects from Primordial Stones restore 993 mana over 3 sec.
    • Humming Arcane Stone - Dealing Magic damage has a chance to fire Arcane missiles for each Primordial Stone family you have equipped, each dealing 8,422 Arcane damage.
    • Harmonic Music Stone - Entering combat increases the tertiary stats of you and 4 nearby allies by 364 for 8 sec.
    • Obscure Pastel Stone - Spells and abilities have a chance to cast a random Primordial Stone effect.

Condensed Shadow Magic - Create a Primordial Stone from the Shadow family.
    • Swirling Mojo Stone - Being near a dying creature saps a portion of their mojo, and eventually crystallizes it.
    • Prophetic Twilight Stone - Damaging effects from your Primordial Stones trigger one of your healing effects, and vice versa.

Condensed Necromantic Magic - Create a Primordial Stone from the Necromantic family.
    • Necromantic Death Stone - Once every minute, moving near a corpse grants the Equip effects of the Desirous Blood, Cold Frost, and Pestilent Plague Stones for 25 sec. Already having one of these effects instead increases its effectiveness by 75%.
    • Desirous Blood Stone - Dealing damage has a chance to drain life, dealing 12,127 Shadow damage and healing you for that amount.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2023-03-19 at 02:03 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Is this DF's version of Torghast?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok so we get 10 of the things, then trade them in for a thing which can be one of 2-5 gems? is that right? my question is for anyone who has played with this on the PTR is once we get our best 3 gems for say raiding, can we swap them out for one that are better suited to M+ without destroying them?

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Can't really compare Zskera Vaults with Torghast, it's a totally different type of content.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ok so we get 10 of the things, then trade them in for a thing which can be one of 2-5 gems? is that right? my question is for anyone who has played with this on the PTR is once we get our best 3 gems for say raiding, can we swap them out for one that are better suited to M+ without destroying them?
    You can remove the gems from the ring without destroying them, there's going to be a Primordial Jeweler's Kit near the vendor.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Can't really compare Zskera Vaults with Torghast, it's a totally different type of content.

You can remove the gems from the ring without destroying them, there's going to be a Primordial Jeweler's Kit near the vendor.
    excellent. seems like a nice easy thing to do, looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post

too bad that they are so lack luster that not many specs will want this ring and the gems

It only took 2 half patches for DF to become another chore SL 2.0 expansion. Well, it was good while it lasted for a few months.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    It only took 2 half patches for DF to become another chore SL 2.0 expansion. Well, it was good while it lasted for a few months.
    I don’t think this is going to be the same level as Choreghast, not even close

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don’t think this is going to be the same level as Choreghast, not even close
    If it’s randomly generated content that has to be completed every week, then it already is too similar to choregast.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    If it’s randomly generated content that has to be completed every week, then it already is too similar to choregast.
    So far the ring seems pretty underwhelming for DPS specs and as far as I can tell this is also completely outdoor content. I imagine for a lot of specs the ring wont be worth it as is. Just seems like optional content to get a "fun" ring with some procs on it but if you are a minmaxer you'll probably stay away from it and just keep using a normal stat based ring.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    So far the ring seems pretty underwhelming for DPS specs and as far as I can tell this is also completely outdoor content. I imagine for a lot of specs the ring wont be worth it as is. Just seems like optional content to get a "fun" ring with some procs on it but if you are a minmaxer you'll probably stay away from it and just keep using a normal stat based ring.
    People will still probably do it based on the idea that Blizzard will buff it anywhere from being okay to being OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    The pets that you can find in the Vaul are 7...

It's on Test Realm... take 5 minuts to unlock and see what it is.

Its only a Vault with doors. You do activity in the island: kill rares, open chest... collect the keys, go there and open the doors. There was a similar thing in Pandaria.

Most of the time you dont have to kill any mobs. It's a very small place with 28 doors generated random.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Should be more like Throne of Thunder's vault from mist of pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    if u dont want content dont play the game

finally blizz is giving us something to do other than the 4 pillars of bullshit and people are already complaining. if all u want to do is spam m+ no one is stopping you. stop asking blizz to remove world content just because you're so incredibly weak that FOMO is a legit concern for you. its a game. if you feel compelled to do a single piece of content in the game thats a personal issue and blizz should NOT cater to your weird video game OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    if u dont want content dont play the game

finally blizz is giving us something to do other than the 4 pillars of bullshit and people are already complaining. if all u want to do is spam m+ no one is stopping you. stop asking blizz to remove world content just because you're so incredibly weak that FOMO is a legit concern for you. its a game. if you feel compelled to do a single piece of content in the game thats a personal issue and blizz should NOT cater to your weird video game OCD
    Well said! All people do is complain. There’s a simple fix to your woes: Play something else. Problem solved

See the problem with this is that it's just more... carrot. This whole game is a carrot and treadmill situation. And instead of making fun treadmills to go on or making that experience the main attraction, they just add more carrots. Rewards, rewards, rewards. All of this 'stuff' is unlocked by farming rares. Just standing there waiting for it to spawn and killing it before the massive horde of people nearby does, same thing people have been doing and will be doing... for months!

Sure, for those who enjoy that kinda thing, go ahead. But this isn't going to revive the game. Dragonflight is just another failed expansion and anyone not still - or again - high on copium or hopium is going to eventually call it quits. I wish they'd add more actual game modes like a legacy raiding system or world/zone event chains where working together is important or an open always-on PvP zone to fight over each week. Or so many things they could steal from better MMO's.

And instead... here is carrot system #159. Please farm rares, so you can get keys, so you can open doors, so you can open chests for your sweet delicious carrot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    See the problem with this is that it's just more... carrot. This whole game is a carrot and treadmill situation. And instead of making fun treadmills to go on or making that experience the main attraction, they just add more carrots. Rewards, rewards, rewards. All of this 'stuff' is unlocked by farming rares. Just standing there waiting for it to spawn and killing it before the massive horde of people nearby does, same thing people have been doing and will be doing... for months!

Sure, for those who enjoy that kinda thing, go ahead. But this isn't going to revive the game. Dragonflight is just another failed expansion and anyone not still - or again - high on copium or hopium is going to eventually call it quits. I wish they'd add more actual game modes like a legacy raiding system or world/zone event chains where working together is important or an open always-on PvP zone to fight over each week. Or so many things they could steal from better MMO's.

And instead... here is carrot system #159. Please farm rares, so you can get keys, so you can open doors, so you can open chests for your sweet delicious carrot.
    See the problem with this is that it's just more... carrot nonsense.

Basically if they don't add stuff to the game that you want, the game is dead and DF is another failed expansion. Gotcha. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Man content like this is so terrible, I hate it so much, nothing worse than playing extremely easy content for me, if it doesn't have any semblance of challenge I realllllly don't want to do it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Man content like this is so terrible, I hate it so much, nothing worse than playing extremely easy content for me, if it doesn't have any semblance of challenge I realllllly don't want to do it.
    Then don’t do it. Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    It's not intended for people who want a challenge.

They said explicitly that the ring in question isn't meant to be a top-tier item, and will be replaced by dungeon/raid loot in S2. If you're someone who goes for challenging content like M+ and raids, you are not the target audience for this in the first place.