15+ Year Old Account
    I know I shouldn't wish harm on people but turning Mar-a-Lago into Branch Dividians 2.0 would be fun to see.

It'll be interesting to see if the GQP numbnuts in their inevitable whining and screeching about the arrest can hold themselves back enough to not incite violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I think it will be a little bit of both. I think, like other white collar criminals, they will ask him to turn himself in first. When he obviously refuses, they will wait until he leaves his compound since the man doesn't know how to keep his location secret and nab him at whatever location he is going to.
    It's not like he has a bunch of guys on duty near him at almost all times, who have to coordinate with others to ensure his safety, who all work for the government.
    "Annoying Orange is due to leave Mar-A-Lardo at 11:30AM."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if the GQP numbnuts in their inevitable whining and screeching about the arrest can hold themselves back enough to not incite violence.
    Most, I'm sure, will not perform any violence, but they will absolutely be cheering for the few that actually do, and I'm sure there will be some sort of violence by them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I know I shouldn't wish harm on people but turning Mar-a-Lago into Branch Dividians 2.0 would be fun to see.
    It'd become a real tourist destination. Complete with the one spot they claimed Trump died in. Somehow, magically, the spot is always moist. Sopping wet even.
    Tourists stop at that spot, stand in quiet contemplation, then move on.
    Signs prompt you to wash your hands when you are done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Oh the minute one of them cultists fire and possibly kill an agent, you know shit just got Gritty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I think it will be a little bit of both. I think, like other white collar criminals, they will ask him to turn himself in first. When he obviously refuses, they will wait until he leaves his compound since the man doesn't know how to keep his location secret and nab him at whatever location he is going to.
    If I cared to wager if this is going to happen that is exactly what DOJ will go for.

Interesting question though, what is is his Secret Service going to do, if he orders them to not let law enforcement in, will they follow his orders, if so what if some do, and some don't?

Donald Trump has seemed to obtain some loyalty from his detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't know but I am here with my popcorn!
    Yeah so far, all I am seeing as far as a plan is to blame Antifa for anything that goes down involving violence. Seems the tactic is that if protesters during the George Floyd riots can use that as then so can J6 and people surrounding Trump
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2023-03-19 at 06:13 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    If I cared to wager if this is going to happen that is exactly what DOJ will go for.

Interesting question though, what is is his Secret Service going to do, if he orders them to not let law enforcement in, will they follow his orders, if so what if some do, and some don't?

Donald Trump has seemed to obtain some loyalty from his detail.
    The secret service’s job is to protect the president from attack, not to protect the president from prosecution or indictment.

If Trump is indicted and are approached with the proper paperwork, their only two options are to assist them in grabbing Trump or stand aside and do nothing.

To try and obstruct them from executing their legal duties would put them on the hook as well and would be them ignoring who their actual bosses are, and it ain’t Trump.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The secret service’s job is to protect the president from attack, not to protect the president from prosecution or indictment.

If Trump is indicted and are approached with the proper paperwork, their only two options are to assist them in grabbing Trump or stand aside and do nothing.

To try and obstruct them from executing their legal duties would put them on the hook as well and would be them ignoring who their actual bosses are, and it ain’t Trump.
    What if they believe he is still the legitimate President, and what if he tells them it isn't a lawful order.

And before you respond, remember the institutions including the Supreme Court that can widely differ on their personal opinions also keep in mind no sitting or former President has ever validated or given such permission since the Civil War.

My point is that is why I ask the question, because I bet it's not only his secret service that is thinking about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they believe he is still the legitimate President, and what if he tells them it isn't a lawful order.
    Breaking the law is always a choice, a stupid one, particularly when it's for such a stupid reason, but yes they could do so, to what end? Why fret about it here?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Breaking the law is always a choice, a stupid one, particularly when it's for such a stupid reason, but yes they could do so, to what end? Why fret about it here?
    His Secret Service detail coordinated with the FBI to allow them entry to MAL to search for confidential documents. Somehow I doubt they're going to be an issue despite "concerns" from certain fucking clueless posters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    His Secret Service detail coordinated with the FBI to allow them entry to MAL to search for confidential documents. Somehow I doubt they're going to be an issue despite "concerns" from certain fucking clueless posters.
    This could just be a case where they have been disappointed so many times before that they just expect the worse. Like in this example, even though an arrest should be carried out without interference, the "darkest timeline" effect activates and some random agent decides this is their hill to literally die on.

I think that if indictments are going to be handed out, that is more likely that half the state of Florida just converges on Mar-a-lago to act as a human barrier than it would be for the Secret Service themselves to get involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ex-President has no authority over the Secret Service.

If they want to pretend he's the "real" President and attack law enforcement to protect him from arrest, then those Secret Service officers are just petty gangsters and will be treated accordingly by law enforcement. Not that this is likely to happen, but that's what'll happen if it does. If it requires gunning them down because they opened fire on law enforcement, that's what'll happen.

The Secret Service doesn't define the law, ever. If they want to break it, that just means they're violent armed criminals.

And before you respond, remember the institutions including the Supreme Court that can widely differ on their personal opinions also keep in mind no sitting or former President has ever validated or given such permission since the Civil War.
    They don't get to have an opinion on issues of fact. Claiming Trump's the President just makes them seditious, taking up arms to protect him makes them violent rebels. Their opinions on that are just a description of intent and motive, not a legal defense or justification.

My point is that is why I ask the question, because I bet it's not only his secret service that is thinking about this.
    Whether they believe he is the sitting president or not doesn't change the fact that he isn't, he lost, and is now the former president.

If they believe he is still the president, then they should be treated like an armed and dangerous cult member by those coming to arrest him because that is what they are. There is no legal recourse that can use to claim he is president short of winning the next election.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Whether they believe he is the sitting president or not doesn't change the fact that he isn't, he lost, and is now the former president.

If they believe he is still the president, then they should be treated like an armed and dangerous cult member by those coming to arrest him because that is what they are. There is no legal recourse that can use to claim he is president short of winning the next election.
    It will be interesting to see what happens, so far sounds like many of the chats online people are talking about showing up at his Florida resort. I also considered another possibility, what if Trump does what Snowden did. Just fly to Russia, stay there.

I mean he could still run for President I think, would the secret service stop him?

Google Search: Can someone run for President in Jail or from another Country?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2023-03-19 at 08:47 PM.

It will be interesting to see what happens, so far sounds like many of the chats online people are talking about showing up at his Florida resort. I also considered another possibility, what if Trump does what Snowden did. Just fly to Russia, stay there.

I mean he could still run for President I think, would the secret service stop him?

I know running from jail has happened in the past, I assume there is no rule against running while being outside the country.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Unless they are in jail for insurrection or rebellion against the United States, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Unless they are in jail for insurrection or rebellion against the United States, yes.
    No way Trump is getting convicted before the 2024 election even if he is arrested tomorrow. The justice system simply doesn't work that fast for big cases like that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

If they go to help Trump, the go to help a traitor and even if they try and claim otherwise, that still wouldn’t change the fact they were obstructing officers in their legal duties and should be arrested and charged as such.

If Trump flees to Russia, that would kill any sway he has over the majority of the GOP outside of die hard nazis who were the swastica with pride.

He would look like a coward fleeing and to the worlds villain that the rank and file GOP have hated for generations.

Putin might accept him to snub America but for Trump to go there will cost him everything else globally for him, his family, and his name/brand.

For Trump to flee to Russia might be a line that Trump himself might rather die than crossing and admitting he is that much of a failure unless he can spin it to himself as screwing the world and getting away with it.

Then you have the world pushing that much harder to shut down Russia which might make even that home a hell for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    But here's the thing: the GOP actually wants Trump in jail or otherwise unable to run.
    Trump advisor calls out DeSantis for ‘radio silence’ on Manhattan case

Jason Miller thanks Pence and GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy for calling out our Bragg’s investigation in a tweet Sunday, but highlighted other high-profile GOP figures who have been silent.

“Thank you, Vice President @Mike_Pence and @VivekGRamaswamy, for pointing out how Radical Left Democrats are trying to divide our Country in the name of Partisan Politics,” he said in a tweet. “Radio silence from Gov. @RonDeSantisFL and Amb. @NikkiHaley.”
    I.e. the two people running, including the one running officially.

McCarthy calls for no protests or violence over potential Trump arrest

“I don’t think people should protest this stuff,” McCarthy said in a press conference at the House GOP issues retreat on Sunday when asked about Trump’s statement.

McCarthy suggested that Trump was calling for others to “educate people about what’s going on.”

“He’s not talking in a harmful way,” McCarthy said. “Nobody should harm one another … And this is why you should really make law equal because if that was the case, nothing would happen.”

“If was this to happen, we want calmness out there,” McCarthy said, calling for no “violence or harm.”
    So you're backed by evidence, at least. Again, the Republican Party wants to be seen by Trump supporters as a Trump supporter, and by sane people as sane. Trump supporters are making this difficult because they're increasingly insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love how the narrative has shifted, all the way back in 2016 from "Trump did nothing wrong", all the way through every single version since then, up to "IF YOU ARREST AND INDICT HIM, HIS CULT WILL MAKE YOU SORRY! HE'LL BE A MARTYR FOR OUR CAUSE!"

Bros really wanna attach themselves to a criminal THAT BAD. Pathetic losers.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"