Poll: Who was the best Captain?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    Was sisko technically a captain?

I always felt he held a different rank given he was in charge of a station rather then a ship. While the station could move I thought it wasn't at a speed realistic for travel.
    He did hold a different rank (Commander) at the beginning of DS9, but was promoted to Captain in a later season.

Same way others like Kirk, Picard, or Janeway eventually became Admirals with more responsibility than merely commanding a ship.

I always felt he held a different rank given he was in charge of a station rather then a ship. While the station could move I thought it wasn't at a speed realistic for travel.
    Sisko starts the show with the rank of commander, and is assigned the role of station commander of Deep Space Nine. At the start of season 3, Sisko also gets assigned a ship, the Defiant, which he is also captain of. He uses the Defiant to protect Deep Space Nine, patrol his corner of the galaxy, and occasionally go on expeditions into the Gamma Quadrant. So he becomes a "captain of a ship" in role but still doesn't have the Starfleet hierarchical rank of "captain". He gets promoted to the rank of captain at the end of season 3. At the end of season 5, the Dominion invade but Starfleet's armada is not close enough to protect Deep Space Nine, so Sisko is forced to abandon the station (which is then captured by the Dominion) and live on the Defiant for several months until Starfleet retakes DS9 in season 6. During season 6, Sisko becomes an admiral in role, commanding other dozens of other Starfleet ships and laying out Starfleet's plan of attack for pushing through Dominion territory and capturing Cardassia, but he retains the rank of captain. Sisko wound up holding the most authority of any Star Trek protagonist. Picard rallied a small fleet to intercept the Romulan invasion force during TNG, and briefly took control of a fleet to destroy a Borg Cube in the First Contact movie, but that was it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    He did hold a different rank (Commander) at the beginning of DS9, but was promoted to Captain in a later season.

Same way others like Kirk, Picard, or Janeway eventually became Admirals with more responsibility than merely commanding a ship.
    I don't recall Kirk ever commanding a fleet of ships. Janeway technically leads other ships during the Year of Hell two-parter but those are just smaller ships captained by what remained of her own crew while Voyager was manned by a skeleton crew. Janeway is seen as an admiral in the last arc of Voyager but she never commanded multiple ships either. In Nemesis though she is giving Picard orders (you'd think he would have been an admiral by then, given that 16 years had passed since the start of TNG and his many, many accomplishments there are very visibly noticeable to the Federation, whereas Janeway's accomplishments go unheard of by most since they took place in the Delta Quadrant).

IIRC Archer also was an admiral in the Enterprise epilogue episode. Sisko is the only one who really acts as an admiral during his show.

Sheridan (fight me)

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sheridan (fight me)
    If we count him then yes he would have my vote. I didn't like Sheridan at first because I was loyal to Sinclare, who we had known from the start, but I gradually warmed up to Sheridan and came to really like him. He didn't tolerate the Earth Alliance's moral bankruptcy. He mutinied and declared his station's secession from the EA, even when he only had 2 other battleships backing him up as 6 EA battleships were bearing down on him. Kicked the EA's goons off his station. Recruited the Narn and the navies of independent worlds to provide security for his station. Kept his promise and blew up that Centauri battleship that tried to kill the Narn he promised to protect.

Sheridan (fight me)
    It’s difficult to compare Sheridan to Star Trek Captains. Star Trek is largely a show where humanity has gotten its shit together. It’s what you might have after you get rid of annoyances like Fascism and Capitalism. Their captains all reflect that to one degree or another. And yes that includes Archer who founded the Confederation of Planets.

Sheridan is a Star Wars character. Star Wars is what do you do to the Fascists and Sheridan’s response was to kick it square in the balls. Earth was a smouldering dumpster fire at the start of B5 and got worse as time went on. Yes, aliens were partially responsible for that but all they did was add lighter fluid to an existing fire. I imagine most Trek Captains might respond the same but they weren’t ever tested in quite the same way. They always had something much bigger to back them up.

I just realized, you forgot the captain from Captain Phillips!

10+ Year Old Account

He held both the rank of Captain and was Commanding Officer of the Defiant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you need Captain Crunch? You already had Michael Burnham as a joke answer.
    /s

Picard easily, unless psycho Janeway is a viable option...

I figured this thread would be a lot of arguing back and forth, but I'm glad we as a community can agree on one thing. Jonathan Archer is an awful captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I figured this thread would be a lot of arguing back and forth, but I'm glad we as a community can agree on one thing. Jonathan Archer is an awful captain.
    Archer never really had charisma. Perhaps ENT could have played that up, with Archer's crew not revering him like prior Trek casts, perhaps even distrusting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I just realized, you forgot the captain from Captain Phillips!

Hahahaha Yes! Might have been better than Captain Crunch as a I don't care let me just see the results of the poll option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Did you need Captain Crunch? You already had Michael Burnham as a joke answer.
    I remembered people hating Enterprise for the longest, then suddenly nearly 15 years later it gained more popularity than when it was actually on TV. The Original Series was pegged with the same issues.

Some might have even said The Original Series and TOS Films were never really successful.

All in all I didn't watch Discovery because from the first season it really wasn't my bag. It wasn't awful, but I just wasn't interested in a entire reboot which is how it felt. I am more than ok with Discovery finding it's own mark, despite a lot of the hatred.

As for the Captain Crunch Option, that is just there as a " None vote, let me see the results" vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheridan (fight me)

How dare you! LOL

Honestly we have Sisko for what if the Space Captain was Jesus or something, wasn't a bad series though in many ways it had better story and better acting. I am glad DS9 ripped them **Cough** It's funny how they ripped off DS9 *RUNS*
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hahahaha Yes! Might have been better than Captain Crunch as a I don't care let me just see the results of the poll option.

- - - Updated - - -

I remembered people hating Enterprise for the longest, then suddenly nearly 15 years later it gained more popularity than when it was actually on TV. The Original Series was pegged with the same issues.

Some might have even said The Original Series and TOS Films were never really successful.

All in all I didn't watch Discovery because from the first season it really wasn't my bag. It wasn't awful, but I just wasn't interested in a entire reboot which is how it felt. I am more than ok with Discovery finding it's own mark, despite a lot of the hatred.

As for the Captain Crunch Option, that is just there as a " None vote, let me see the results" vote.

- - - Updated - - -

How dare you! LOL

Honestly we have Sisko for what if the Space Captain was Jesus or something, wasn't a bad series though in many ways it had better story and better acting. I am glad DS9 ripped them **Cough** It's funny how they ripped off DS9 *RUNS*
    DS9 is like the little kids version of B5 honestly. I enjoyed them both, but there's no denying B5 told a better more consistent story

Also Season 1 Sisko is the worst acting I've ever seen in any show, ever.

How dare you! LOL

I don't think Babylon 5 is the bestest thing ever like its ardent fans make it out to be, but it is good and I prefer it to DS9. Babylon 5 told its story in 4 seasons, and the story is solid, with no major screwups I can think of. I really liked Sinclair and Sheridan. I liked the earnesty of B5's storytelling, how it focused on sins and virtues, such as Londo consorting with evil even though he know it was wrong and how that doomed him and his people, or G'kar's reformation, or Franklin's stim addiction, or Sheridan and Delenn persevering to fight the good fight no matter the cost. The characters were very likeable, with the only weak link being Ivanova (who is far more likeable than Jadzia ever was) and the telepath. As for production values, I really liked the visual look of the Vorlons and the Narn. The Minbari and the Centauri also looked good too. For spaceships, the Earth Alliance's aesthetic was really dull, though. The Narn, Vorlons, and the Shadows had cool looking spaceships. B5 had a memorable musical theme during the first season.

I liked some of Deep Space Nine's cast, namely Sisko, Kira, Odo, Quark, and Gul'Dukat. The other characters like O'Brian, Bashir, Jake, Nog, etc, are "okay" like Ivanova on B5 was to me, neither particularly likeable nor dislikeable. Jadzia was really unlikeable and you have to put up with her for 6 seasons before she gets replaced by Ezri, who is just okay. I wasn't invested in the main couple of Sisko x Cassidy like I was with Sheridan x Delenn. DS9's story meanders for 7 seasons and outstays its welcome. Whenever I start getting towards the end of a rewatch, I start skipping episodes because I just want it to hurry up and end already. The story also has some major lapses of writing, such as the whole Maquis issue, or the Gamma Quadrant being forgotten halfway through the show. In terms of production values, I suppose DS9 has a slight leg up on B5 in that you get to visit more planets and see more of Robert Stromberg's matte paintings of the cities (in B5 you hardly ever see cities and the only one that was remotely nice to look at was Minbar). I liked the look of the Klingons' and the Cardassians' alien makeup, but the other aliens like the Bajorans and the Trill were rather meh. The Federation's saucer spaceships were much more attractive than the Earth Alliance's spaceships, though it is unfortunate that the protagonists' personal spaceship, the Defiant, wa an ugly grey flying brick. The Klingon birds of prey looked cool. The Cardassian and Dominion spaceships were rather meh. I cannot recall any memorable music from DS9. It was obnoxious how music faded in and out when transitioning between scenes.

B5 has the better opening theme.

- - - Updated - - -

I remembered people hating Enterprise for the longest, then suddenly nearly 15 years later it gained more popularity than when it was actually on TV.
    Just because ENT looks good in comparison to Kurtzman Trek doesn't make it actually good. It was the 3rd rehash of the "ship travels the stars and goes on adventures" setup that TOS established. TNG's rehash of the formula was still exciting to watch because the characters were likeable. The writers were coming up with new, original stories that hadn't been explored before in TOS. TNG built up an interesting setting with the Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Borg, and so on. TNG looked aesthetically good with the designs of the ships and the detailing of the models, the interiors, the costumes and makeup, the matte paintings, etc. But then you reach Voyager, the 2nd rehash of TOS, and that's where the cracks shows. The characters weren't likeable. I couldn't care less about the Delta Quadrant. I did not like the uniforms or the interiors. The production values were lower. The writers began rehashing old stories, which were simply inferior due to the poorer characters and aesthetics. Etc. Enterprise is even worse with the ugly grey spaceships and NASA uniforms and a dull cast. Any other contemporary sci fi show was more entertaining than ENT was.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2023-03-19 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DS9 is like the little kids version of B5 honestly. I enjoyed them both, but there's no denying B5 told a better more consistent story

Hahaha yeah DS9 was god awful in Season 1, but then again so was TNG and TOS never stopped being Awful in terms of anything but so bad it was good save a few episodes.

Which kind of begs why so much is expected of any show that tries to break new ground.

But towards the end DS9 grew a lot by the time people gave up on it.

As for Babylon 5 aside from making Sheridan Jesus, and involving Angel and Demon story arc. Babylon went the other way in terms of from bad to good.

Did you even see the Spinoff Yesh!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't think Babylon 5 is the bestest thing ever like its ardent fans make it out to be, but it is good and I prefer it to DS9. Babylon 5 told its story in 4 seasons, and the story is solid, with no major screwups I can think of. I really liked Sinclair and Sheridan. I liked the earnesty of B5's storytelling, how it focused on sins and virtues, such as Londo consorting with evil even though he know it was wrong and how that doomed him and his people, or G'kar's reformation, or Franklin's stim addiction, or Sheridan and Delenn persevering to fight the good fight no matter the cost. The characters were very likeable, with the only weak link being Ivanova (who is far more likeable than Jadzia ever was) and the telepath. As for production values, I really liked the visual look of the Vorlons and the Narn. The Minbari and the Centauri also looked good too. For spaceships, the Earth Alliance's aesthetic was really dull, though. The Narn, Vorlons, and the Shadows had cool looking spaceships. B5 had a memorable musical theme during the first season.

I liked some of Deep Space Nine's cast, namely Sisko, Kira, Odo, Quark, and Gul'Dukat. The other characters like O'Brian, Bashir, Jake, Nog, etc, are "okay" like Ivanova on B5 was to me, neither particularly likeable nor dislikeable. Jadzia was really unlikeable and you have to put up with her for 6 seasons before she gets replaced by Ezri, who is just okay. I wasn't invested in the main couple of Sisko x Cassidy like I was with Sheridan x Delenn. DS9's story meanders for 7 seasons and outstays its welcome. Whenever I start getting towards the end of a rewatch, I start skipping episodes because I just want it to hurry up and end already. The story also has some major lapses of writing, such as the whole Maquis issue, or the Gamma Quadrant being forgotten halfway through the show. In terms of production values, I suppose DS9 has a slight leg up on B5 in that you get to visit more planets and see more of Robert Stromberg's matte paintings of the cities (in B5 you hardly ever see cities and the only one that was remotely nice to look at was Minbar). I liked the look of the Klingons' and the Cardassians' alien makeup, but the other aliens like the Bajorans and the Trill were rather meh. The Federation's saucer spaceships were much more attractive than the Earth Alliance's spaceships, though it is unfortunate that the protagonists' personal spaceship, the Defiant, wa an ugly grey flying brick. The Klingon birds of prey looked cool. The Cardassian and Dominion spaceships were rather meh. I cannot recall any memorable music from DS9. It was obnoxious how music faded in and out when transitioning between scenes.

B5 has the better opening theme.

[video=youtube/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Just because ENT looks good in comparison to Kurtzman Trek doesn't make it actually good. It was the 3rd rehash of the "ship travels the stars and goes on adventures" setup that TOS established. TNG's rehash of the formula was still exciting to watch because the characters were likeable. The writers were coming up with new, original stories that hadn't been explored before in TOS. TNG built up an interesting setting with the Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Borg, and so on. TNG looked aesthetically good with the designs of the ships and the detailing of the models, the interiors, the costumes and makeup, the matte paintings, etc. But then you reach Voyager, the 2nd rehash of TOS, and that's where the cracks shows. The characters weren't likeable. I couldn't care less about the Delta Quadrant. I did not like the uniforms or the interiors. The production values were lower. The writers began rehashing old stories, which were simply inferior due to the poorer characters and aesthetics. Etc. Enterprise is even worse with the ugly grey spaceships and NASA uniforms and a dull cast. Any other contemporary sci fi show was more entertaining than ENT was.

When Babylon 5 was Good, it was better than ANY Sci Fi series I can think of. But when it lost it's way Nothing could save it ow redeem it.

You're also right about ENTERPRISE, just because it isn't as bad as people complain about Discovery, it doesn't make it good, but by the same line just because Enterprise and Discovery weren't TNG doesn't mean they were that bad either.

It's just one of those things that either it was your cup of tea or it wasn't Neither Enterprise or Discovery were that for me, and hey deserved the hatred and criticism they got.

But I am still going to be fair, and although I didn't like Discovery, I do give them credit for having the balls To do something different, and maybe just like Babylon 5 they were punished for it.

Fairly or unfairly.

My personal belief is that shows that capitulate to audiences too much for views, even if successful are not nearly as good as shows that don't care what people want, take a chance and find a way to become good.

Because it's always fun watching all the critics back peddle.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2023-03-19 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Sisko starts the show with the rank of commander, and is assigned the role of station commander of Deep Space Nine. At the start of season 3, Sisko also gets assigned a ship, the Defiant, which he is also captain of. He uses the Defiant to protect Deep Space Nine, patrol his corner of the galaxy, and occasionally go on expeditions into the Gamma Quadrant. So he becomes a "captain of a ship" in role but still doesn't have the Starfleet hierarchical rank of "captain". He gets promoted to the rank of captain at the end of season 3. At the end of season 5, the Dominion invade but Starfleet's armada is not close enough to protect Deep Space Nine, so Sisko is forced to abandon the station (which is then captured by the Dominion) and live on the Defiant for several months until Starfleet retakes DS9 in season 6. During season 6, Sisko becomes an admiral in role, commanding other dozens of other Starfleet ships and laying out Starfleet's plan of attack for pushing through Dominion territory and capturing Cardassia, but he retains the rank of captain. Sisko wound up holding the most authority of any Star Trek protagonist. Picard rallied a small fleet to intercept the Romulan invasion force during TNG, and briefly took control of a fleet to destroy a Borg Cube in the First Contact movie, but that was it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recall Kirk ever commanding a fleet of ships. Janeway technically leads other ships during the Year of Hell two-parter but those are just smaller ships captained by what remained of her own crew while Voyager was manned by a skeleton crew. Janeway is seen as an admiral in the last arc of Voyager but she never commanded multiple ships either. In Nemesis though she is giving Picard orders (you'd think he would have been an admiral by then, given that 16 years had passed since the start of TNG and his many, many accomplishments there are very visibly noticeable to the Federation, whereas Janeway's accomplishments go unheard of by most since they took place in the Delta Quadrant).

IIRC Archer also was an admiral in the Enterprise epilogue episode. Sisko is the only one who really acts as an admiral during his show.
    Did Sisko later become an admiral? In some mention in a future Star Trek episode ? Or was that some vision of the future.

Or does he give up promotion to join the beings he is the emissary of

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Did Sisko later become an admiral?
    He never attains the rank of admiral.

Or does he give up promotion
    Sisko was never really thinking about his career in Starfleet, and the possibility of promotion to admiral is never brought up. In one episode, Sisko bought land on Bajor and was planning to live there with Kasidy, so it seems like Sisko was planning on eventually leaving Starfleet. My guess is that if Starfleet tried to reassign him away from DS9/Bajor, he would then resign and remain on Bajor. If he did become admiral then he would probably try to issue orders while residing on Bajor/DS9.

to join the beings he is the emissary of
    I don't think Sisko willingly joined the Prophets, or at least it wasn't his plan (see above). When Sisko flew into the wormhole and asked the wormhole aliens/Prophets for an intervention, the Prophets told Sisko that he would pay a price for this (Sacrifice of Angels). In the last episode of the show, Sisko and Gul'dukat fall down a chasm on Bajor that was inhabited by evil spirits called the Pah-Wraiths. Then Sisko appears to Kasidy and reveals that he has to remain with the Prophets indefinitely. If and when he returns, it is possible he could be promoted to admiral, though given the way Starfleet was portrayed in the show - they weren't keen on their commander becoming a religious figure and didn't buy into the "wormhole alien" thing - they might be suspicious of Sisko if he returned and deny him promotion, or perhaps pressure him out of Starfleet.

Who was the best Captain?

Captain Picard has my vote
    best at what? Different era's , different situations they where in.

Sikso was captain in a war time, in a hot spot. Janeway was far from home etc etc.

But ill bite and give it a chance. From worst to best.

7- Burnham is the worst. Overrules people, think/acts she is better then the crew. Takes away their tech talks. Takes all the burden ( pun intened) on herself.
    6- Janeway: yes i dislike her. She did a good job. But way to preachy. And does 2 episodes about the equinox not following the rules and loosing most of its crew 1 time. By using aliens as fuel. But herself carved a major path thruh the delta quadrant. Getting attention and pissing of many species. And even using short cut to get home in the end to save some of her crew. By giving the borg updated tech. And its shown in canon that borg can survive even being frozen in antartica.
    5- Beckett: good captain overall. But, over focussed on her daughter. but still decent
    4- kirk: yes kirk is low on the list. Mostly because he caused more trouble with his groin then he solved sometimes. Also while in battle he was tactful, in other area's he was tactless. And without his crew, he would not be able to do most of his stuff.

now the top 3. This one was very hard. Very different situations.
    3- sisko. while a great captain. Kinda stuck in moral stuff 2 much. Also a bit preachy sometimes. But good overal captain. His battles speak for himself. His ways to deal with stuff, falls sometimes more on his crew.
    2 - ....picard. Yes picard is not nr 1. While he is a great captain. And has shown to be great in both battle, and politics. He sometimes is to sciency, to lets please everyone.
    1 - archer...why you ask? Because he did the same things as all of the above. Being alone out there, fighting big odds, being far from home. etc etc...but he did it all with his crew without a whole fleet behind him. And with some moral fauxpax's. he has a net positive for solving stuff. Even started the GD federation....

But for me the top 3 is splitting hairs.
    And kirk was only a very small diference away from being top 3.

but agian. very hard. So i had to go with general stuff.
    in other situations the list be different like this:

Battle:
    1. kirk
    2. sisko
    3. picard

politics:
    1. picard
    2. archer
    3. beckett

science:
    1. janeway
    2. burnham
    3. beckett

smootching with aliens:
    1. kirk
    2. kirk
    3. kirk

being annoying as F:
    1. burnham
    2. janeway
    3. archer

having the best crew:
    1. kirk
    2. picard.
    3. sisko

having the hardest time:
    1. sikso/janeway
    2. archer
    3. beckett

finding a new anomoly/alien and dealing with it:
    1. picard
    2. burnham
    3. archer

could go on and on.

- - - Updated - - -

nah, and yes.

We all know the story and see the things ds9 clearly copied from b5.

B5 had consistent story. But they also had a reserve cast ( not well know). Of extra's to replace main ones if they left. And b5 story was a grand thing, and better story telling. But windy, depressing and was not as long as people claim it to be. You have setup in the first season for the 2nd season. then you get the shadow war seasons, earth war season and final season. the middle seasons where good. The first and last 1 where meh.

sisko season 1 was that bad....? need to rewatch it.

and ds9 started out bad. But had long stories. With great recurring hero's/villians. So while i agree b5 started out better, as was better for a while. ds9 ended higher . And crew of ds9 had more backstories, deeper stories then most of the b5 .

But man, recently looked up both crews of the shows. While ds9 lost a few.
    B5 has almost no one left alive of the cast.

Sisko took term space opera far too literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    best at what? Different era's , different situations they where in.

Sikso was captain in a war time, in a hot spot. Janeway was far from home etc etc.

But ill bite and give it a chance. From worst to best.

7- Burnham is the worst. Overrules people, think/acts she is better then the crew. Takes away their tech talks. Takes all the burden ( pun intened) on herself.
    6- Janeway: yes i dislike her. She did a good job. But way to preachy. And does 2 episodes about the equinox not following the rules and loosing most of its crew 1 time. By using aliens as fuel. But herself carved a major path thruh the delta quadrant. Getting attention and pissing of many species. And even using short cut to get home in the end to save some of her crew. By giving the borg updated tech. And its shown in canon that borg can survive even being frozen in antartica.
    5- Beckett: good captain overall. But, over focussed on her daughter. but still decent
    4- kirk: yes kirk is low on the list. Mostly because he caused more trouble with his groin then he solved sometimes. Also while in battle he was tactful, in other area's he was tactless. And without his crew, he would not be able to do most of his stuff.

now the top 3. This one was very hard. Very different situations.
    3- sisko. while a great captain. Kinda stuck in moral stuff 2 much. Also a bit preachy sometimes. But good overal captain. His battles speak for himself. His ways to deal with stuff, falls sometimes more on his crew.
    2 - ....picard. Yes picard is not nr 1. While he is a great captain. And has shown to be great in both battle, and politics. He sometimes is to sciency, to lets please everyone.
    1 - archer...why you ask? Because he did the same things as all of the above. Being alone out there, fighting big odds, being far from home. etc etc...but he did it all with his crew without a whole fleet behind him. And with some moral fauxpax's. he has a net positive for solving stuff. Even started the GD federation....

But for me the top 3 is splitting hairs.
    And kirk was only a very small diference away from being top 3.

but agian. very hard. So i had to go with general stuff.
    in other situations the list be different like this:

Battle:
    1. kirk
    2. sisko
    3. picard

politics:
    1. picard
    2. archer
    3. beckett

science:
    1. janeway
    2. burnham
    3. beckett

smootching with aliens:
    1. kirk
    2. kirk
    3. kirk

being annoying as F:
    1. burnham
    2. janeway
    3. archer

having the best crew:
    1. kirk
    2. picard.
    3. sisko

having the hardest time:
    1. sikso/janeway
    2. archer
    3. beckett

finding a new anomoly/alien and dealing with it:
    1. picard
    2. burnham
    3. archer

could go on and on.

- - - Updated - - -

nah, and yes.

We all know the story and see the things ds9 clearly copied from b5.

B5 had consistent story. But they also had a reserve cast ( not well know). Of extra's to replace main ones if they left. And b5 story was a grand thing, and better story telling. But windy, depressing and was not as long as people claim it to be. You have setup in the first season for the 2nd season. then you get the shadow war seasons, earth war season and final season. the middle seasons where good. The first and last 1 where meh.

sisko season 1 was that bad....? need to rewatch it.

and ds9 started out bad. But had long stories. With great recurring hero's/villians. So while i agree b5 started out better, as was better for a while. ds9 ended higher . And crew of ds9 had more backstories, deeper stories then most of the b5 .

But man, recently looked up both crews of the shows. While ds9 lost a few.
    B5 has almost no one left alive of the cast.
    Nice breakdown I actually agree with most of it. Babylon 5 thing reminds me of Game of Thrones which I didn’t watch. Which was a lot of build up with little or no payoff.

I hope Picard make this mistake.