Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Is this DF's version of Torghast?
    I think more like the Army Training weekly from Legion combined with that vault from MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    See the problem with this is that it's just more... carrot. This whole game is a carrot and treadmill situation. And instead of making fun treadmills to go on or making that experience the main attraction, they just add more carrots. Rewards, rewards, rewards. All of this 'stuff' is unlocked by farming rares. Just standing there waiting for it to spawn and killing it before the massive horde of people nearby does, same thing people have been doing and will be doing... for months!

Sure, for those who enjoy that kinda thing, go ahead. But this isn't going to revive the game. Dragonflight is just another failed expansion and anyone not still - or again - high on copium or hopium is going to eventually call it quits. I wish they'd add more actual game modes like a legacy raiding system or world/zone event chains where working together is important or an open always-on PvP zone to fight over each week. Or so many things they could steal from better MMO's.

And instead... here is carrot system #159. Please farm rares, so you can get keys, so you can open doors, so you can open chests for your sweet delicious carrot.
    Or, you know, try it out. If you find it fun, continue doing it. If not, stop doing it. I don't understand your logic.

"They said explicitly that the ring in question isn't meant to be a top-tier item, and will be replaced by dungeon/raid loot in S2."

Why even bother to make so much content for item thats basically useless for most people? Its a waste of everyone's time.
    They need to significantly buff it so everyone will want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Man content like this is so terrible, I hate it so much, nothing worse than playing extremely easy content for me, if it doesn't have any semblance of challenge I realllllly don't want to do it.
    I mean it's not like Ion is pointing the gun at your head. If you're doing challenging content the annulet shouldn't be a concern to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    "They said explicitly that the ring in question isn't meant to be a top-tier item, and will be replaced by dungeon/raid loot in S2."

Why even bother to make so much content for item thats basically useless for most people? Its a waste of everyone's time.
    If it's good for everyone then it's "required" and more ppl will cry that they're "forced" to do content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Man content like this is so terrible, I hate it so much, nothing worse than playing extremely easy content for me, if it doesn't have any semblance of challenge I realllllly don't want to do it.
    Right now the consensus seems to be that if the primordial stones don't get significant buffs, even maxed out they are worse than Mythic ilvl rings. So you really don't have to do it.

Alternative way to obtain gear I suppose. Something players apparently screams for.

In any case, you dont need to do it. So dont.

Most people? Do you know how few people actually raid or do mythic+ dungeons? I, for one, am happy with alternative ways to get loot, because I'll never do more than a couple of runs through LFR and all the heroic dungeons once or twice. My main has ilevel 390 and I played almost every day since DF released

well there's the problem uncle, most players dont do mythic + and raids or even if they do its lfr and low key mythics. they will need to give something to that big chunck of players if they want to keep them subscribed. we had 3 expansions where you could get decent gear without having to touch the 3 pillars of wow, naturally people have gotten used to that, you cant change that mentallity and go back to pre legion times without giving casuals something. and dont bet on these players flocking to mythic plus or raiding, it would be a losing bet
    Last edited by Melius; 2023-03-20 at 11:05 PM.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    PSA: THE ANNULET IS NOT AN AMULET

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    PSA: THE ANNULET IS NOT AN AMULET
    Really? The ring that everyone has been talking about for weeks, is not an amulet? Mind = blown

It's a little bit complex for mid-patch so I hope we won't throw away all the gear and mechanics as we start 10.1. I mean there is so much new stuff so it would be shame to waste time as it was farming factions renown.